• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Kyou

did a couple more pulls

1) 4* DeCalvan Bros (New, and these guys seem to have a real neat ability!)
2) 5* Marco the mother fucking Phoenix (NEW YES!!!)
3) 4* Fossa (New, man this train will never end!)
4) 3* Regular ass Usopp *pulls ripcord*

okay now I am done for real. He's not a legend, but I'm super happy to have Marco

chrono01

did a couple more pulls

1) 4* DeCalvan Bros (New, and these guys seem to have a real neat ability!)
2) 5* Marco the mother fucking Phoenix (NEW YES!!!)
3) 4* Fossa (New, man this train will never end!)
4) 3* Regular ass Usopp *pulls ripchord*

okay now I am done for real. He's not a legend, but I'm super happy to have Marco
Rising like a phoenix from the ashes, Kyou saves his Sugofest pulls. Congrats on the Marco!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Shanks captain with Bon-Chan, Coby, Impact Usopp, and Garp absolutely tears through this fortnight. It's a bit underwhelming to be honest.

or just use a slasher team, it's incredibly easy.

Btw. congrats on the pulls guys.

I did 2 pulls.

4* Squard
dupe chopper

linkent

3 pulls 3 silvers (mr. Candle, story zoro, story sanji)
:( will just do the the usual last min 3 pulls tomorrow.
Gratz Kyou for marco!

Dandte

Between this and Bleach Brave Souls, it sounds like you're having a difficult day.

Sorry. :/
Yep, also now Even the Game Starts to mock me....

kSVcKjX.jpg

+ back to batch 0

Copons

So I was like, well there's a sugo with psy boost, I'm gonna pull something as I could use some coby skill up.

But then.

1) 4* Fossa (new)
2) 5* Fossa (new-ish...)
3) 4* Marco (dupe)
4) 5* Jinbe (new)
5) 5* SENGOKU (NEWWWWWW)

Holy fuck, this must be my best sugo ever!
Sengoku joined my 4x legendary team along Log Luffy, Boa and good ol' Rayray.
Now if only that WB quits bitching and drops. :p

chrono01

Yep, also now Even the Game Starts to mock me....

+ back to batch 0
Oh wow, it doesn't get much worse than that. At least it wasn't Coby/Hachi?

So I was like, well there's a sugo with psy boost, I'm gonna pull something as I could use some coby skill up.

But then.

1) 4* Fossa (new)
2) 5* Fossa (new-ish...)
3) 4* Marco (dupe)
4) 5* Jinbe (new)
5) 5* SENGOKU (NEWWWWWW)

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! Congrats, Copons! Slowly collecting that entire Legend team.

RalchAC

Did 4 pulls, like I said. Got:

Chuu
3* Smoker.
Fucking Log Luffy.
Coby.

I couldn't believe it at first when I saw the Red Poster slowly dropping. T.T

daydream

Banned
pulled twice and got roronoa zoro voyage dream: master swordsman which i'm pretty happy about (the other one was sanji voyage dream all blue)

not sure, yet, who's gonna take their leave from my slasher team to make room for zoro, might ask for advice in the near future

but yeah, i'm satisfied after the last sugo only brought me garbo

Majukun

pull 1 izo (new)
pull 2 Alvida (lol)
pull 3 fossa (new)
pull 4 curie (new)
pull 5 doma (new)
pull 6 coby (lol)

ok sugo for me

Decided to do some lazy pulls cause wahtever.

1. princess vivi, have her.
2. mr.3, dupe
3. ... red poster O: ...

Welp, seems like I'm now a proud owner of Log Luffy & part of the legends crowd, didn't expect that.

4. Bellemere, had her already.
5. Whitey Bay O: ... that's actually who I was pulling for as I don't have towel nami, finally got me a 2.5x int lead!
6. bepo dupe/

RalchAC

Congrats to everybody that pulled a Legend or had good pulls! Sadly, I don't have enough Turtles to evolve my Luffy.

Con...GRATS! So many legend units this Sugofest, brings a tear to my eye.

Thanks Chrono! Playing for so long seems to be paying off. In the end all the regulars should get one.

How is the Bleach game? I liked the series when I was a teen. Until the pacing got awful and the story became non existant. The Soul Society Arc was quite awesome though.

If the game is good and there are gaffers playing it I might join. I will have to delete something since I don't have much space left in my phone.

Who is Django then? :)

I always thought Django was heavily influenced by Michael Jackson. The hair, the sunglasses, the way he does the Moonwalker and stuff. Both might be influenced by him.

What never ceases to amaze me is how varied Oda's men designs are. A shame that there isn't as much variety when it comes to women. I would love to have him designing characters for a JRPG series, like Akira Toriyama does for Dragon Quest.

so.. I'm basically the only one left without a legend of his own right?

It does feel that way each sugo, if you're not one of the ones to get a legend; Personally I've always had the attitude that I'm not playing for the legends but only for boosted units I still need.

(in this case I was shooting for whitey bay, who I also got);

I sorta played the game expecting to never get a legend at all. (I barely pull more than 5 times each sugo and always have a health dose of +-100 gems for that reason); and now I still eventually got one.

I guess I'm gonna have to read up about LOG luffy though.

Majukun

It does feel that way each sugo, if you're not one of the ones to get a legend; Personally I've always had the attitude that I'm not playing for the legends but only for boosted units I still need.

(in this case I was shooting for whitey bay, who I also got);

I sorta played the game expecting to never get a legend at all. (I barely pull more than 5 times each sugo and always have a health dose of +-100 gems for that reason); and now I still eventually got one.

I guess I'm gonna have to read up about LOG luffy though.
well I meant it literally.. last time there weren't really that much GAF members without one.. now you found one.. RalchAC found one.. who is left other than me here without a 6 star? not many

chrono01

2. mr.3, dupe

Welp, seems like I'm now a proud owner of Log Luffy & part of the legends crowd, didn't expect that.

5. Whitey Bay O: ... that's actually who I was pulling for as I don't have towel nami, finally got me a 2.5x int lead!
6. bepo dupe/
Congrats! Another Legend? Surprising indeed! You've earned it.

[Sorry Maju, I hope you get one soon!]

Thanks Chrono! Playing for so long seems to be paying off. In the end all the regulars should get one.

How is the Bleach game? I liked the series when I was a teen. Until the pacing got awful and the story became non existant. The Soul Society Arc was quite awesome though.

If the game is good and there are gaffers playing it I might join. I will have to delete something since I don't have much space left in my phone.
I'm having a lot of fun with it. I pulled a 5* Uryu/Orhime last night for my team, made me happy. 5* Aizen was my initial pull.

I should preface this by saying that, if you do intend to play, re-rolling for a 5* is crucial. The gatcha ones have an advertised 3% rate, and are a good deal more powerful than the 4*. Rates are supposedly better later on when they do specific unit gatcha (same percentage rate, but less characters to pull from so it's apparently easier?), as right now the entire pool is pull-able. There are recommended units to aim for (Aizen, Grimmjow, Byakuya, among a few other), but I'd say aim for one of the units on the SS or S tier list and you should be okay. Even A might suffice, if you get desperate. Re-rolling is as simple as deleting/reinstalling (at least on iOS, not sure if there's an easier way on Android). The irritating part is that it needs to download/install a decent amount of data each time, so it can take a while. :/

As for the gameplay portion, it's enjoyable. Easy to control/fun, and the graphics are very sharp for a mobile game. Japanese VO for the in-game special animations, and nice 2D artwork for the story segments. They gloss over a few things, but if you're familiar with the series already it's entirely fine. It's definitely nostalgic, for me personally, re-living all of the past events. I'm currently on the Soul Society arc, so I have many feels.

If you're a fan, I'd definitely recommend giving it a try, although the re-roll process might break you if you're unlucky. Maybe give re-roll a couple of tries and, if you can't get a 5*, continue and try the game. If you're having fun, restart and try for a 5*. It shouldn't take you long until you decide whether it's something you'd enjoy or not.

One last thing (since this technically isn't the Brave Souls OT), the game is good about handing out in-game currency, at least early on. Of course this will slow down a bit in the future but, given the Japanese version as a measure, it should still be relatively easy to remain F2P.

Dandte

Decided to go all out, because WHO Cares about the sw batch or enel, Right?

4* balloon luffy
5* kuro
4* Miss valentine
5* soge King
4* gpusoop
4* jimbei....Wait what?
4* kaja
3* nojiko

So i got one new Unit....hooray.

Gizuko

Jesus, so many legends and good units. Congrats everyone!

I only got enough enough to form a psy team, so I'm cautiously OK with it (although 3* usopp was the best unit in my first 8 pulls, that gave me a scare alright).

Dandte

I should preface this by saying that, if you do intend to play, re-rolling for a 5* is crucial. The gatcha ones have an advertised 3% rate, and are a good deal more powerful than the 4*. Rates are supposedly better later on when they do specific unit gatcha (same percentage rate, but less characters to pull from so it's apparently easier?), as right now the entire pool is pull-able. There are recommended units to aim for (Aizen, Grimmjow, Byakuya, among a few other), but I'd say aim for one of the units on the SS or S tier list and you should be okay. Even A might suffice, if you get desperate. Re-rolling is as simple as deleting/reinstalling (at least on iOS, not sure if there's an easier way on Android). The irritating part is that it needs to download/install a decent amount of data each time, so it can take a while. :/

Story of My life

So I'm comparing G3 & LOG Luffy.

The big benefits seem to be:

1. combo chain can be combined with using meat.

2. special literally better in every concievable way.

3. Will get 4 slots instead of a meager 2, giving +20 skill points extra in a 2x log luffy team vs a G3 team.

4. solid recovery to utilize meat more (and overal better stats)

Am I missing anything?

Majukun

3. Will get 4 slots instead of a meager 2, giving +20 skill points extra in a 2x log luffy team vs a G3 team.

Am I missing anything?

you only need one perfect basically,since get one good and one great is really easy
the only downside of it it's that if you miss THAT perfect,the entire turn it's screwed since it's the third attack

you only need one perfect basically,since get one good and one great is really easy
the only downside of it it's that if you miss THAT perfect,the entire turn it's screwed since it's the third attack

Right, though technically G3 has the same issue right?

Missing the first or second perfect with a G3 team still allows you some leeway for recovery, but if you mess up the 3rd perfect you're screwed anyway.

With LOG luffy it only "feels" more significant cause you're prooobably not gonna miss the good/great if you have any idea what you're doing.

Majukun

Right, though technically G3 has the same issue right?

Missing the first or second perfect with a G3 team still allows you some leeway for recovery, but if you mess up the 3rd perfect you're screwed anyway.

With LOG luffy it only "feels" more significant cause you're prooobably not gonna miss the good/great if you have any idea what you're doing.

yep basically,if you gonna screw up,that is the only chance,while technically with g3 you can screw up in one of the first 2 attacks,pull yourself together and still manage to do some damage in that turn

but it's more of a psychological problem..in the end log luffy it's better in every way..even though damage wise the difference it's not THAT big

Tidd

well I meant it literally.. last time there weren't really that much GAF members without one.. now you found one.. RalchAC found one.. who is left other than me here without a 6 star? not many

Me neither. :(

Congrats to everyone who pulled a legend.
each sugo in which I don't pull a legend, I'll hate you a little bit more xD

So I'm looking at LOG Luffy's special;

Gum-Gum Jet Gatling:
Deals random typeless damage to all enemies, changes own orb into STR
Estimated random damage range: between 70,000 HP and 200,000 HP.
(max 17 cd)

Monster Chopper:
Deals random STR damage to one enemy
Estimated random damage range: between 2,000 HP and 200,000 HP.
(max 15 cd)

---

Is it safe to say, free orb manipulation aside, that it's basically monchop's special on steroids?

Monster Chopper's ability can still flunk as it goes as low as 2k damage, but 70k for LOG is ... still pretty respectable.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Didnt even know about the Sugofest, tbh i havent played a single round in the last week...only logged in to have the leader up for friends lol.

Did 1 pull and got trash as expected, but while pulling i thought...even if pull a Legend now i wouldnt care as much as before. Def. will take some time before i really get back into the game...right now there is just nothing interesting to do for me.
Did 4 pulls, like I said. Got:

Chuu
3* Smoker.
Fucking Log Luffy.
Coby.

I couldn't believe it at first when I saw the Red Poster slowly dropping. T.T
Awesome, congrats bro ...glad to see some of the people playing this game since day 1 finally getting their Legends !!

Especially awesome since you didnt had G3 iirc. Perfect !!!

2. mr.3, dupe

6. bepo dupe/
Wow great pull, congrats on Lug Luffy :-D
Dont forget about us Non-Legend owners while you are moving up xD
5) 5* SENGOKU (NEWWWWWW)

Insane luck :eek: Congrats !!

You will probably get WB on the next Sugofest.

Majukun

So I'm looking at LOG Luffy's special;

Gum-Gum Jet Gatling:
Deals random typeless damage to all enemies, changes own orb into STR
Estimated random damage range: between 70,000 HP and 200,000 HP.
(max 17 cd)

Monster Chopper:
Deals random STR damage to one enemy
Estimated random damage range: between 2,000 HP and 200,000 HP.
(max 15 cd)

---

Is it safe to say, free orb manipulation aside, that it's basically monchop's special on steroids?

Monster Chopper's ability can still flunk as it goes as low as 2k damage, but 70k for LOG is ... still pretty respectable.

well,monster chopper one is colored damage,that means that you can do up to 400k damage to a green enemy...log luffy is colorless,so you can do at best 200k..but that also means that it's still effective against blue enemies..which makes sense since log luffy team are rainbow team while monster chopper team are mostly red,thus made to go against green guys,like doflamingo

the limit on MC is lower but doesn't matter since you can always reroll damage to suit your needs

well,monster chopper one is colored damage,that means that you can do up to 400k damage to a green enemy...log luffy is colorless,so you can do at best 200k..but that also means that it's still effective against blue enemies..which makes sense since log luffy team are rainbow team while monster chopper team are mostly red,thus made to go against green guys,like doflamingo

Right, I figured that monchop's RED damage made it capable of doing far more damage to DEX bosses.

The big thing I'm curious about is how big a chance monchop has of hitting sub-10k with his special.

Whilst higher peak damage is nice, a special that can hit as low as 4k against dex enemies still doesn't sound reliable.

Even if Log luffy's peak damage is technically lower, a guaranteed 70,000 damage sounds like it would matter.

So it's myself, Maju, Hana-bi, sasuke, and Tidd who are in the ellusive 300+ day club with no legends. Stay strong friends in these trying times.

Congrats to Ralch and all our other legend pullers this time around. I hope your OP units can help you cope with the fact that I secretly hate you.

Majukun

Right, I figured that monchop's RED damage made it capable of doing far more damage to DEX bosses.

The big thing I'm curious about is how big a chance monchop has of hitting sub-10k with his special.

Whilst higher peak damage is nice, a special that can hit as low as 4k against dex enemies still doesn't sound reliable.

Even if Log luffy's peak damage is technically lower, a guaranteed 70,000 damage sounds like it would matter.

i had an entire famrming of doffy using monster chopper special..it works as you can expect...sub 10k hits are rare,and so are >350k hits...usually you get around 180/200k,would be 90/100k of damage to anything not green...basically it tentds toward the middle of the spectrum but you can still get extremely low or extremely high damage...

but all this matters relatively since you can reroll damage if you are not satisfied with the result,and that works for both the characters,or for whatever random damage guy

Dandte

So it's myself, Maju, Hana-bi, sasuke, and Tidd who are in the ellusive 300+ day club with no legends. Stay strong friends in these trying times.

Congrats to Ralch and all our other legend pullers this time around. I hope your OP units can help you cope with the fact that I secretly hate you.
300+ and no legend + no Unit from the Last batch and the wb 2 batch...hooray

Heng

Wow so many people has pulled legends this Sugofest and congratulations to those that did! For those who still haven't, hang in there. Hopefully you'll pull one soon and when you do, it'll be that much sweeter.

I did 2 pulls and got 3 star Usopp and Log Robin... Meh.

Also, if anyone gets Sanji on the new island, could you screenshot it for me? I would greatly appreciate it.

Tidd

Thanks to someone on reddit we know that Duval is in the data files of the game. This doesn't mean he is the next raidboss. The same thing happened to Heracles and we are still waiting for him. But you should save a copy of Sanji Plastic Surgery Shot(if you get one during a sugo) because Duval needs him as an evolver. But they will probably gift us a regular Sanji once we get sockets.

Thanks to someone on reddit we know that Duval is in the data files of the game. This doesn't mean he is the next raidboss. The same thing happened to Heracles and we are still waiting for him.

I'm honestly expecting Aokiji just to complete the trifecta of the original 60 Stamina and finally give us an INT Raid Boss. Duval would be a bit odd because that'd be another DEX Raid boss so soon after Doffy.

Majukun

I'm honestly expecting Aokiji just to complete the trifecta of the original 60 Stamina and finally give us an INT Raid Boss. Duval would be a bit odd because that'd be another DEX Raid boss so soon after Doffy.

i hope not..i would not be able to farm it probably....all the suggested team have some kind of legend in it.

RalchAC

Am I missing anything?

He talks. It's cool.

Don't worry. You will sure get one soon! It's a matter of pulling a bit every Sugo and trying not to burn out if you don't get one. The Red Poster will appear sooner rather than later, I'm sure of it.

Who knows. Everything could happen, but I hope they don't bring 3 60 stamina raid bosses back to back, TBH. After Enel it would be the perfect moment to bring Heracles'n or Duval IMO.

Unless they want to save Heracles'n and Usopp'n for an April Fools joke like they did in Japan. It would be a bit lame though, since many people would already know about it.

Who knows. Everything could happen, but I hope they don't bring 3 60 stamina raid bosses back to back, TBH. After Enel it would be the perfect moment to bring Heracles'n or Duval IMO.

Unless they want to save Heracles'n and Usopp'n for an April Fools joke like they did in Japan. It would be a bit lame though, since many people would already know about it.

Problem with Heracles'n is that without Zephyr and SW Ace he's largely worthless, and the problem with Duval is as I said above with too many DEX bosses back to back.

Don't forget about me! Right there with you guys.

Don't forget about me! Right there with you guys.

I'm part of the No Legends club too!
I'm ~15 days from hitting 300. So, next Sugo I'll officially join the club, >_>...

RalchAC

Thanks for the picture!

Problem with Heracles'n is that without Zephyr and SW Ace he's largely worthless, and the problem with Duval is as I said above with too many DEX bosses back to back.

He isn't. Come on, he is a unit that gives one orb of each colour. He should work quite nicely in Log / G3 Luffy teams, Rayleigh teams and WB ones.

Use him and Doffy and you can move orbs 4 or 5 times.

He may especially shine in Ace teams, but that doesn't mean he can't be used anywhere else. Plus he has a good enough initial CD, so farming him isn't a must.

Top Bottom