• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Heng

There you go.
GveM7Nsl.jpg
Thanks a lot!

Sugofest gatcha: =D Got Oars jr first and then a gold red sheet fell, got SW Shanks!! Then got Bellmere, the rest were dupes:
I got the evolved forms of Oars jr and Bellmere kind of wish I got the base for the character log but either way I'm happy =D

RalchAC

Everytime i See a psy Team; it reminds he how much My psy Teams suck because i have neither mr 2 nor v2usopp

Impact Usopp can be farmed in Water 7, which is the next story island. Robin on the other hand...

But today I have no right to complain.

And congrats @Samurai_Heart!

Xeroblade

Hey gents, not sure who i have left on my friends list on gaf but can anyone with Garp or any PSY captains add me please? just PM and i can give friend ID, thanks.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
A lot of legend pulls this sugo. Congrats to all.

Even though I'm fairly lucky, I'm going to start sacrificing goats to see if I can get to Lucy's level. So many legends the odds are high you pull a dupe.

I'd be ok with like 6 legends. (Boa, Shanks, Sengoku)

Hana-Bi

So it's myself, Maju, Hana-bi, sasuke, and Tidd who are in the ellusive 300+ day club with no legends. Stay strong friends in these trying times.

Congrats to Ralch and all our other legend pullers this time around. I hope your OP units can help you cope with the fact that I secretly hate you.

Guys, I'm sorry.

First pull this Sugo and I get Log Luffy. I can't believe this.

RedBoot

With all these legend pulls, I'm surprised nobody seems to have pulled the new Marco yet here.

Xeroblade: If you don't have me on your list already, I should have Garp up for most of this fortnight. He's skill maxed, too.

On a related note, this fortnight taught me that skills that change all the orbs on the board (such as Garp's) won't work on empty orbs. So if Caroline uses her special and gives you three meat orbs and three empty orbs, using Garp will only give you three meat/PSY orbs, the empties are unaffected. So wait til turn 2.

Dawg

Worst. Sugo. Ever.

I'm actually pretty pissed off, lol.
  • 4 star Heavy Point Tony Tony Chopper
  • 3 star Roronoa Zoro
  • 4 star Tabasco Star Usopp
  • 3 star Hatchan
  • 4 star Voyage Log: Straw Hat Pirates Franky
Franky is the *only* pull that's might be considered ok... I think? But everything else... what the actual fuck.

Copons

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! Congrats, Copons! Slowly collecting that entire Legend team.

Considering I suck at playing, at this point collecting rarities and brag about them here is pretty much the only reason I got to play OPTC. :D

Insane luck :eek: Congrats !!

You will probably get WB on the next Sugofest.

Oh, he'd better! And fast!

Anyway, my sugo luck is balanced by my story bad luck.
Last sort-of useful drop I got through story farming was Zeff, almost a year ago.
No Croc, no Enel, no nothing, not even Doublefinger to complete the Alvida missions.
I even had to pull Mr. 2, after 100+ runs in both his stages. :(

But yeah, who cares, I wouldn't even dare complaining. :D

Congrats to Ralch and all our other legend pullers this time around. I hope your OP units can help you cope with the fact that I secretly hate you.

I'm coping real good with my waifu Boa keeping me company. :p

Mknzy

OK, so I just started this game a few days ago and am really enjoying it so far. Right now I am mostly focusing on getting my pirate level higher so that I can increase my cost limit for my party. I have done a few rare draws so far, including three on the current event. Here are the characters I have managed to pull so far.

4* Brook Voyage Log: Straw Hat Pirates
3* Mr. Prince Mutton Shot
5* Princess Vivi
5* Red-Haired Shanks
5* Morning Star Rakuyo
4* Usopp Golden Pound
4* Nefertari Vivi
3* Nojiko x2
4* X Drake

So I have had a bit of luck on the draws. Is there any of these characters in particular I should make a point of leveling up? I remember reading that Usopp Golden Pound and Red-Haired Shanks are really good, but there is so much information here that it's intimidating trying to dig through it all. Any advice or tips would be awesome and appreciated!

OK, so I just started this game a few days ago and am really enjoying it so far. Right now I am mostly focusing on getting my pirate level higher so that I can increase my cost limit for my party. I have done a few rare draws so far, including three on the current event. Here are the characters I have managed to pull so far.

4* Brook Voyage Log: Straw Hat Pirates
3* Mr. Prince Mutton Shot
5* Princess Vivi
5* Red-Haired Shanks
5* Morning Star Rakuyo
4* Usopp Golden Pound
4* Nefertari Vivi
3* Nojiko x2
4* X Drake

So I have had a bit of luck on the draws. Is there any of these characters in particular I should make a point of leveling up? I remember reading that Usopp Golden Pound and Red-Haired Shanks are really good, but there is so much information here that it's intimidating trying to dig through it all. Any advice or tips would be awesome and appreciated!

What are your viable captains for each color?

5* shanks is a fairly meh unit, but his 2.5x PSY captain boost does make him a solid captain for psy-damage teams.

Depending on what else you have, princess vivi will help you out a lot with early content as her healing can drag you through a few early game obstacles.

Mknzy

What are your viable captains for each color?

5* shanks is a fairly meh unit, but his 2.5x PSY captain boost does make him a solid captain for psy-damage teams.

Depending on what else you have, princess vivi will help you out a lot with early content as her healing can drag you through a few early game obstacles.

I just made it to Arlong Park last night, so I have the 3* characters that you get in story mode up to that point, which is Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, and Sanji. I have not evolved any of them yet, though Luffy, Zoro, and Nami are at their current max levels. Other than that, the only other character I have that isn't a generic character is Coby.

I just made it to Arlong Park last night, so I have the 3* characters that you get in story mode up to that point, which is Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, and Sanji. I have not evolved any of them yet, though Luffy, Zoro, and Nami are at their current max levels. Other than that, the only other character I have that isn't a generic character is Coby.

Okay, shanks is your new default PSY captain.

Rakuyo is a good PSY beatstick but shanks has the better captain skill.

golden pound usopp's great in general, turn delayer sub on any team.

Princess vivi = a healer captain that won't boost damage, regular vivi works the same but heals less (only point in using regular vivi is if princess vivi costs too much for a proper team)

X Drake's a viable INT captain but you've got nothing close to an int team yet so .. no need to worry about him atm.

With the units you have you could make a psy team with synergy:

captain: shanks.
subs:
rakuyo
[any] vivi (not good, replacable)
golden pound
nojiko (not good, replacable)

Not a great team by any stretch, but everyone would benefit from Shanks' 2.5x boost.

Alternatively you can also make a healing team with vivi leading, my vivi team got me all the way to smoker before my damage output simply wasn't high enough.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, also now Even the Game Starts to mock me...

I started the game with Kuro (and Smoker)!

SENGOKU (NEWWWWWW)

Holy fuck, this must be my best sugo ever!

Fucking Log Luffy.

I couldn't believe it at first when I saw the Red Poster slowly dropping. T.T

3. ... red poster O: ...

Welp, seems like I'm now a proud owner of Log Luffy & part of the legends crowd, didn't expect that.

Sugofest gatcha: =D Got Oars jr first and then a gold red sheet fell, got SW Shanks!!

Cooooongratulations. This is really nice to see. *thumbs up*

With all these legend pulls, I'm surprised nobody seems to have pulled the new Marco yet here.

I pulled Marco, he was all set to join my crew but then Whitebeard jumped the line in front of him and was all like "do you think that frightens me!"

Even though I'm fairly lucky, I'm going to start sacrificing goats to see if I can get to Lucy's level. So many legends the odds are high you pull a dupe.

Are you going for the double max this week with Enel? I haven't fully decided yet, 15 skill levels is so much out of the rate up. I've been on both ends of success and failure. I was wanting to run Apoo but am 0/14 in book attempts so far and the drop rate feels lower than usual. I wouldn't be surprised if there was slight Bamco tampering *tin foil hat*. I may just end up rolling with WB/Usopp subs and live an easy raid for farming.

Mknzy

Okay, shanks is your new default PSY captain.

Rakuyo is a good PSY beatstick but shanks has the better captain skill.

golden pound usopp's great in general, turn delayer sub on any team.

Princess vivi = a healer captain that won't boost damage, regular vivi works the same but heals less (only point in using regular vivi is if princess vivi costs too much for a proper team)

X Drake's a viable INT captain but you've got nothing close to an int team yet so .. no need to worry about him atm.

With the units you have you could make a psy team with synergy:

captain: shanks.
subs:
rakuyo
[any] vivi (not good, replacable)
golden pound
nojiko (not good, replacable)

Not a great team by any stretch, but everyone would benefit from Shanks' 2.5x boost.

Alternatively you can also make a healing team with vivi leading, my vivi team got me all the way to smoker before my damage output simply wasn't high enough.

Thank you for the info, I will give it a go! I think I will have to farm my pirate level much higher before I can put that together, right now I am only level 30, my total team cost is currently a max of 48. I'll farm the double xp stages until I have enough to put it together. I really appreciate all the advice!

Kyou

I didnt even realize there was a new Marco, I got the 2015 model

edit: I do think at some point the lack of a legend is going to be what drives me to quit the game. You can only take so many sugos with no legend...

RalchAC

For Enel, I think I will use this team:

Mihawk / Doffy
Zoro / Mihawk
Doublefinger / Usopp.

Theorically, I should deal with this team and my levels: 1 million (Mihawk x2) + 310k + 310K + 460K. Which is 2 million.

That's without any matching or bad orb and without using Doffy since mine has 23 CD. It's not a super reliable team and I wouldn't bet my life on it, but it should be enough for grabbing a couple of copies. Since I'm hoarding Alvida books, I don't think I will keep many Enel copies.

Is it tomorrow?

RedBoot

Thank you for the info, I will give it a go! I think I will have to farm my pirate level much higher before I can put that together, right now I am only level 30, my total team cost is currently a max of 48. I'll farm the double xp stages until I have enough to put it together. I really appreciate all the advice!

Once you can get Shanks, Rakuyo, and GP Usopp all together at one time, you'll be in good shape. The rest can be fodder until you get your levels up.

Also, I'd recommend focusing on evolving Zoro, then Luffy, as far as the story characters go. Zoro's final evolution is still a widely used DEX captain, and Luffy's is an acceptable STR captain until you get something better.

edit: I do think at some point the lack of a legend is going to be what drives me to quit the game. You can only take so many sugos with no legend...

Do you not find the game enjoyable without a legendary?

If I look at my buddy list during raids, it's pretty obvious tons of people still use non-legendary captains for nearly everything. While legends are really useful and definitely a nice "prize" to show off, I do think the game is and will stay perfectly viable even if you never get one.

Heck, I basically never spend enough gems to ever drop under 80 total during sugo & I got a legend eventually (been playing since the first two weeks fyi); It's nice to finally have one, but I found the game fun enough under the assumption I might never get one.

koryuken

I think your time will come buddy.

Mknzy

Once you can get Shanks, Rakuyo, and GP Usopp all together at one time, you'll be in good shape. The rest can be fodder until you get your levels up.

Also, I'd recommend focusing on evolving Zoro, then Luffy, as far as the story characters go. Zoro's final evolution is still a widely used DEX captain, and Luffy's is an acceptable STR captain until you get something better.

Great advice, I appreciate it! I saw that there are two options for evolving Zoro, is one better than the other, or should I not worry about it?

Majukun

Great advice, I appreciate it! I saw that there are two options for evolving Zoro, is one better than the other, or should I not worry about it?

the one that you get without using the crab..stat wise is worst than the other,but you only need to bring it to level 35 to evolve it in the superior 3rd form,contrary to the other that max at lv 50

in both cases they are just temporary forms,the one you want to get is asura zoro,the third form

They both have the same final evolution, Three Thousand Worlds or whatever (the evo that doesn't use a crab) takes the least amount of experience to reach the final evo though.

(it caps off at level 35, the other one at 50) so I'd personally go for 3k worlds.

(did they just get lazy with zoro's alt btw? a lot of the other alts like usopp, nami, sanji all either have a really good use or an attempt at one.

Zoro's two evos are both just beatsticks with barely any variation.)

Mknzy

They both have the same final evolution, Three Thousand Worlds or whatever (the evo that doesn't use a crab) takes the least amount of experience to reach the final evo though.

(it caps off at level 35, the other one at 50) so I'd personally go for 3k worlds.

(did they just get lazy with zoro's alt btw? a lot of the other alts like usopp, nami, sanji all either have a really good use or an attempt at one.

Zoro's two evos are both just beatsticks with barely any variation.)

the one that you get without using the crab..stat wise is worst than the other,but you only need to bring it to level 35 to evolve it in the superior 3rd form,contrary to the other that max at lv 50

in both cases they are just temporary forms,the one you want to get is asura zoro,the third form

I appreciate the tip, and the help that everyone has given me! I'll push hard to get my level up so I can try to get into the current content with everyone!

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I started the game with Kuro (and Smoker)!

Cooooongratulations. This is really nice to see. *thumbs up*

I pulled Marco, he was all set to join my crew but then Whitebeard jumped the line in front of him and was all like "do you think that frightens me!"

Are you going for the double max this week with Enel? I haven't fully decided yet, 15 skill levels is so much out of the rate up. I've been on both ends of success and failure. I was wanting to run Apoo but am 0/14 in book attempts so far and the drop rate feels lower than usual. I wouldn't be surprised if there was slight Bamco tampering *tin foil hat*. I may just end up rolling with WB/Usopp subs and live an easy raid for farming.

Considering my luck with farming Doffy pt.2, I'll probably just hoard. Also as far as tinfoil goes, Alvida skill books are literally rarer than WB books at this point.

I usually don't complain about box space, but I am running extremely tight on space. About 100 free slots that I have to constantly sell stuff on. Those kimono zoros may not make it much longer.

anyone remembers a good spot to farm a blue lobster?
maybe in a stage that also has an interesting unit to farm?
http://op-tc-eng-version.blogspot.com.au/p/fusion-materials.html
Alubarna, stage 6, you can farm for Miss Merry Christmas and Mr. 4, I guess.
Or Long ring long land stage 2 for Capote:

Mazre

Tried another pull this morning, gold poster, evolved Tashigi. Seriously, story units should be silver posters regardless of rank. It's like Red Poster: WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, SIlver poster: Blah. Gold Poster: Please don't suck.

Tried once more just now though. Whitey Bay GET! Finally have a 2.5 lead for INT.

Tried once more just now though. Whitey Bay GET! Finally have a 2.5 lead for INT.

The one true WB to get during sugo.

(Seriously though, despite getting log luffy I was personally hoping for Whitey too, INT's the only color for which I didn't have a viable 2.5x+ leader yet, I could always feel that during turtle time.)

Jayhawk

Length of time playing this game isn't really a great measurement for sugo legend luck. One would have to count the amount of pulls and gems they've used up to see how lucky/unlucky people are! Some people play the game without spending a cent. Others drop hundreds of dollars, maybe even thousands, on this game.

Length of time playing this game isn't really a great measurement for sugo legend luck. One would have to count the amount of pulls and gems they've used up to see how lucky/unlucky people are! Some people play the game without spending a cent. Others drop hundreds of dollars, maybe even thousands, on this game.

Sounds like something a Legend owner would say.

=P

chrono01

Sugofest gatcha: =D Got Oars jr first and then a gold red sheet fell, got SW Shanks!! Then got Bellmere, the rest were dupes:

I got the evolved forms of Oars jr and Bellmere kind of wish I got the base for the character log but either way I'm happy =D
Congrats! \o/ Another member joins the Legend Club. Don't worry, non-Legend owners. Your time will come. Speaking of...

Guys, I'm sorry.

Congrats to you too! Log Luffy is amazing. d(^_^)v

Sorry man. Don't give up hope, you'll get yours one of these days.

Thankfully, for current/upcoming content, Legend units aren't needed although they do help in a lot of cases. I know, not much consolation for not having one, but I hope it helps a bit. Hang in there and don't give up believing.

Dandte

finished the okama fortnights...rdy to do one more pull...here it comes..here it comes...4* Squardo.....oh...i'm actually surprised...nice :D this makes 9 pulls 7 dupes while the new ones are jimbei and squardo....where is my boa :'( also seeing the 0 behind gems kinda makes me sad :/

Jayhawk

Sounds like something a Legend owner would say.

=P

Or something somebody who understands basic statistics would say! I am probably among the top 5% in this thread of amount of money spent on extra sugo pulls. All the extra pulls are costly, but they do add up compared to a free player.

EDIT: There are also people who have spent 3000 EURO on this game and still get angry enough when they pull a silver, that they break their phone.
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/comments/41w1ub/german_optc_streamer_breaks_his_phone_over_a/

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
One thing to always keep in mind when playing this game... it's not your phone's fault.

I usually don't complain about box space, but I am running extremely tight on space. About 100 free slots that I have to constantly sell stuff on. Those kimono zoros may not make it much longer.

Apoo is killing me, I'm 0/20 now. I hope this means I'll be lucky during the raid.

I only held onto 20 Luffys just to crack into the socket/slots thing, IF it's announced during the one year. If it's not, good chance I'll be dropping them. Granted who knows, maybe we'll get more box space in a couple weeks. /assumptions

RIP Rayleigh books, sacrifices must be made for Enel. I can't bring myself to get rid of all my WB books. I might be clinging onto false hope but I just can't do it yet.

Heng

EDIT: There are also people who have spent 3000 EURO on this game and still get angry enough when they pull a silver, that they break their phone.
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/comments/41w1ub/german_optc_streamer_breaks_his_phone_over_a/
Holy crap... He still had 300 gems left too (which is like a years worth of saving as a f2p'er).

Well I've spent $2 on this game so far thanks to Google opinion and it'll probably the only time I'll buy gems. It's a good thing I'm pretty lucky with pulls and skill ups.

Hmmmmm was trying to buy 30 gems in prep for Eneru/one more pull and game tells me the item is no longer available, this ever happen with anyone (iOS)? And do I reinstall the game or it's probably something with the App Store?
Edit:
Tried 1 gem and same thing.
Double edit:
All good now

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I have no box space. Here are the books I have:
1. 5 whitebeard books
2. 1 Rayleigh book
3. 3 gear second books
4. 2 DJ Sanji books
5 1 Robin book
6. 13 Law books
7. 1 Killer book
8. 1 Bebpo book
9. 1 Kuma book
10. 1 Slasher croc book
11. 1 SWS zoro book
12. 1 Guard point chopper book
13. 2 striker croc books
14. 2 Doublefinger books
15. 10 Mr 1 books
16. 16 Kimono Nami books
17. 2 Helmeppo Cabin boy books
18. 1 Kumacy book
19. 5 Dogpens
20. 3 General zombies.

Total: 72 books.

I don't know which books to use now and which to save for skill up events X_X

I also have like 100 kimono luffiy, kimono zoro,, and doflamingos boxed for sockets :X

koryuken

I have no box space. Here are the books I have:
1. 5 whitebeard books
2. 1 Rayleigh book
3. 3 gear second books
4. 2 DJ Sanji books
5 1 Robin book
6. 13 Law books
7. 1 Killer book
8. 1 Bebpo book
9. 1 Kuma book
10. 1 Slasher croc book
11. 1 SWS zoro book
12. 1 Guard point chopper book
13. 2 striker croc books
14. 2 Doublefinger books
15. 10 Mr 1 books
16. 16 Kimono Nami books
17. 2 Helmeppo Cabin boy books
18. 1 Kumacy book
19. 5 Dogpens
20. 3 General zombies.

Total: 72 books.

I don't know which books to use now and which to save for skill up events X_X

I also have like 100 kimono luffiy, kimono zoro,, and doflamingos boxed for sockets :X

IMO Kimono Luffy and Zoro are not worth keeping for sockets. There is no "uber" Zoro unit that needs to be socketed. Log Luffy/G3 can be socketed with the Afro Luffy fortnight.

Top Bottom