• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Majukun

Is it better to have different captains in different groups for friends to choose? Or how does "Same friend captain" work?

Does crew slot matter?

of course it's better to have different captains in different slots
same friend captains works basically by making avaiable captains that are not in the main crew of one of your friend if they match your captain..basically if you are looking for a enel freidn captain and i have one but on a crew i'm no using,you will see two entries fro me on the list,,one with my current captain,and one with enel with a little tag that highlites like this is avaiable through the "matching captain " system

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Is it better to have different captains in different groups for friends to choose? Or how does "Same friend captain" work?

Does crew slot matter?
Yes.

You wanna have your different captains as group leaders for every group so that your friends can use them of they aren't your actively used one.

Like I never use Lucci, Ace and Co. right now but my friend can use them as long as they have the same lead since I use them a leads for the diffrent groups.
Oy! Thanks for asking bro xD I wasn't at home yesterday when i did my pulls and was just able to write in a top secret group after i did.

3 multipulls in still legendless, i couldn't believe it. Yeah you know what's to follow.

Bye

Bye legendlessclub!

I guess maybe my character already revealed it that i use right now.
So yeah i had 5 more multis (400 gems that i had) and got Ace, Marco (+dupe lol...) and Corazon.

Still don't have much time, carnival hehe..

Thanks for all the nice wishes from this thread.
A little speech i did right now:
I leave the #nolegendclub without a successor, close the entrance and bid it farewell.
Kiss my ass goodbye.
No single tear was dropping that day. Well for the club at least.
My first legend sent shivers down my spine lol xD

OK THAT'S IT A BIT UNDERWHELMING.

My luck was not that great but sheesh i have 3 legends now.
I even maxed Aces special with 11 books.. wow.

Got great subs, will write that later maybe.

I also couldn't follow that thread completely but damn there were some lucky guys here. Congrats to you all!!

My new ingame title should be: 3L2Y (3 legends 2 years, fitting!)

#OneofUs #OneofUs #OneofUs

Hah congrats man - it's been a fucking long journey. I remember the early Line chat days when we were all so excited for the the first couple Legends and had high expectations. Whitebeard, Boa, Rayleigh and many others followed. Everybody kept pulling Legends we slowly realized... Well shit guess there is really is no guarantee for pulling a Legend no matter how long you have been active. lol

Finally being able to check that box is quite the sensation lol.. Couldn't believe it when I saw the red poster show up for the first time.

And Ace maxed with 11 books? Wow and I thought I was lucky with his books. Congrats again.

Ken

Hello!

I downloaded this game cause Jayhawk told me to do rolls while it's Anniversary event and "Sugo Fest" so I did that! I did the tutorial and got Nami with the first recruit so that was cool, and then I got like 50 mail and only 20 unit space so I kept feeding stuff randomly. I used up all the free rolls and the 16 gems but now Jayhawk is AFK so I don't know if I got good stuff, though I was pretty happy with the Nami already I think?

I fed a bunch of turtles and then some "Hime" thing? And then these weird glow balls that gave parameter boosts.

HFElTtx.png

MANUELF

Banned
Hello!

I downloaded this game cause Jayhawk told me to do rolls while it's Anniversary event and "Sugo Fest" so I did that! I did the tutorial and got Nami with the first recruit so that was cool, and then I got like 50 mail and only 20 unit space so I kept feeding stuff randomly. I used up all the free rolls and the 16 gems but now Jayhawk is AFK so I don't know if I got good stuff, though I was pretty happy with the Nami already I think?

I fed a bunch of turtles and then some "Hime" thing? And then these weird glow balls that gave parameter boosts.
You got two Legends so you are off to a great start

RalchAC

Hello!

Okay, lets explain your box:

- You have 2 Legends. The first one is STR (Red) Lucci, the second one is QCK (Blue) Marco. They work quite nicely together, so you are off to a good start. They can be evolved to 6* form, but you should keep them unevolved for a while.
- Those 2 skulls in the first slots of your box are used to "superevolve" a character. The one with Luffy can be used to evolve the level 1 Gear 2nd Luffy you have in your box. Once you clear Arlong Park you should get a free version of Nami, you can superevolve her 5* version using the other skull. 5*+ Luffy is a great unit for beginners, since it boosts everyone (most good captains have a colour or class restriction)
- QCK Luffy and STR Ace are freebies from an event we had a week ago. They work nicely together. PSY (Yellow) Luffy is a freebie we got recently, but isn't that good, TBH.
- Time Skip Nami is quite good. Tea Time Nami (the one with pre-time skip hair) not so much.
- The Seahorses, Penguins and Dragons are evolvers. They are used to bring unit to a higher Rarity.
- The STR Luffy in the second row is the 3* version of Gear 2nd Luffy. Since you already have the evolved version (it was given for free) you don't really need to worry much about it.

Other tips:

- Clic "Character Box" in the Crew menu and be sure to Favorite every unit you care about. There are horror stories about people selling good units by accident.
- You should think of expanding box space, it'll be a problem in the future. You should get quite a lot of gems for clearing story mode.
- The weird balls are called Cotton Candy. They're for min maxers, mostly. You can feed up to 200 to a character, in order to increase his ATK, HP or RCV over his normal grow.

I think that's all.

Majukun

trying to get over the fact that i got 4 legends in 9 multipulls but 3 of them were the same one, i tried to look up at what croco ws capable of and that's..not that much?

even with a burst at full power it looks very underwhelming..or maybe i was doing something wrong with the damage calculator...

Dandte

trying to get over the fact that i got 4 legends in 9 multipulls but 3 of them were the same one, i tried to look up at what croco ws capable of and that's..not that much?

even with a burst at full power it looks very underwhelming..or maybe i was doing something wrong with the damage calculator...

Croco can clear all raid bosses but sucks at training forests. Sadly most of the time you need a legend doffy...which i don't have :(

Maybe I'm misremembering but you already had Fujitora right? Isn't he like a god-tier legend?

Tidd

How is this underwhelming?

You have two turns of that. The 2nd turn is a little bit weaker because you use Kuma's boost instead of Doffy's but it still does insane damage. Furthermore you only need to stall for 13 turns to do that. For most chaos colosseum fights this is enough.

Dandte

You have two turns of that. The 2nd turn is a little bit weaker because you use Kuma's boost instead of Doffy's but it still does insane damage. Furthermore you only need to stall for 13 turns to do that. For most chaos colosseum fights this is enough.

Now dow it without Doffy...mhm Invasion Shanks would work. Colo Drake can give orbs and Tashigi Color Affinity.

My dream team

Sadly i'm missing Legend doffy and tashigi.

Tidd

Now dow it without Doffy...mhm Invasion Shanks would work. Colo Drake can give orbs and Tashigi Color Affinity.

My dream team

He said he looked up what he is capable of. This implies to me that he looked up the best possible team. Of course you can get even more damage for one turn for the price of not having a 2nd one.

Nice dream team! :D

Majukun

by using another legend too though
also I don't have robin

bjork

I don't mean to discourage yourself or anyone who happens to read all this. With this game you play the odds, the RNG is real, it's beatable within a means but logically as Kumo has voiced in his complaints. Yes, it is reasonable to say I've done/spent X I should get X in return. Mainly because I'm in the belief if the rewards were more reasonable to attain, Bandai would earn more money across the board from those unwilling to spend. However I'm wrong in that statement too, as I've seen more and more F2P players over time say "oh it's just $10" which becomes $20 and so forth. Or even in some cases where suddenly admitting to "light whaling" is an okay thing. The business model for this game is exactly what it is, even if the improvements over time are made incrementally percentage wise... you still need luck - which cannot be quantified.

That TS Luffy might cost 5 free gems or $500 worth of gems.

Bold is the point, though. Like you said, they hook people and that's the entire plan. But you also go in knowing it's a very low chance of getting what you want, so I still don't agree with the idea of feeling like anything is deserved. It's not like you ordered a hamburger and got a hamburger; it's a chance that you know is a chance, and you agree to said chance. Even if it's nonsense and we all know it's nonsense, we still pull and go "welp shit" when it's another Ms Valentine or whatever.

But, if this even pissed off enough people to quit spending money, or they've wisened up like you have (I applaud this btw, even though you were a great inspiration in the early days of this game), they could change things up with how they deliver characters. I just don't see it happening, though. They've released multiple OP games since OPTC and it still manages to be the one that survives and charts on top-grossing regularly in both US and JP. If anything, when it tapers off I could see them just shutting it down entirely.

Which, you said you don't want to discourage anyone, but I'll throw this out there as a good reminder: when they decide to shut the game down, that's it. Being a game that needs a connection, when it goes black, that's it. I've had this happen with multiple games and you lose everything. One game hit the shutdown time as I was playing, and it dumped me back to the menu and sorry, no more game. So it's cool to have these little cartoon men hitting each other, and if you can keep it under control there's nothing wrong with spending. You just have to know that at some point, you'll have zero to show for it. That's my negative phone game disclaimer forever.

That said, I still like OPTC. I just wish it did some things more like many other games, but since it doesn't, I don't expect it to give me anything beyond enjoying the gameplay at this point.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Congrats on the pulls, Hisoka!

Crocodile is all about speedy massive damage. Since pulling him, I probably use him in 80% of the Coliseums and fortnights where I can. His burst, once you max specials and have CD sockets, can be performed in 13 turns, so he makes farming a breeze.

With his dream team, you're looking at two turns of 3-5 million damage in 13 turns which is perfect for Chaos Coliseums and reviving raid bosses.

His clear rate doesn't tell the whole story because he's naturally not designed to take on forests.

Not having Robin is an issue, but there are f2p subs. You'll want to pick up a Robin ASAP to unlock Crocs potential though.

You can even use Raid Doffy instead of Legend Doffy. It's not perfect, but you'll still get a strong burst.

RalchAC

I can't figure out how to work Hera's special to get the orb setup you did there. The closest I could find would be to swap Hera and T-Bone's positions and then swap blue<->rcv, rcv<->red and dex<->int leaving the following after Kuma makes the Rcv into matching:

Oh, yeah. He'd get a bad orb. I just left him alone since that combination can only give 5 matching orbs.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
3 multi pulls and got timeskip Luffy, worth maxing out and evolving?

Not really. Save your evolution mats for something better.

Anyway, working on my team for tomorrow's raid. I can put together a team that can do it in theory, but I always choke when I HAVE to hit perfects to reach a certain damage level. Drives me nuts. I'm okay with certain other characters that I use all the time, but some characters I always blow it with. :\

ExVicis

autoheal/cd/lock/despair for me.

Considering even at max skill his cooldown is fairly ridiculous, cd seems like a must.

Thank you, I'm trying to learn IntHawk's strengths and weaknesses are and how to use him properly since I pulled him.

Anyways, since we're sharing teams I came up with this team using all the common pulls I got this sugo. This is otherwise known as the "You pulled Trebol/SW Zoro/G-5 Smoker now what?" team.

Trebol would be the Captain before Smoker switches out for him.

Since a lot of people pulled this guys (including myself) I tried making a team around them. And Hannybal is coming up soon enough so he works decent in here as well. Only sad part is Smoker's books aren't out yet.

Kyou

Congratulations Hisoka!

On another note I'm basically done with this fn. Only non maxed characters are Pink and the bear rug. Senor Pink has more books in later fortnights and 16cd is probably totally usable right?

Dandte

I went through my Gacha Checklist....even after 6 multipulls i don't have a single colosseum unit (+leo and mansherry)!!!!!!!!.....artgdfdffgdgfhfdhh

bobohoro

Anyways, since we're sharing teams I came up with this team using all the common pulls I got this sugo. This is otherwise known as the "You pulled Trebol/SW Zoro/G-5 Smoker now what?" team.

Trebol would be the Captain before Smoker switches out for him.

Since a lot of people pulled this guys (including myself) I tried making a team around them. And Hannybal is coming up soon enough so he works decent in here as well. Only sad part is Smoker's books aren't out yet.

Oh, nice driven team. I could actually try that one.
Just need lots of books.
And sockets.

I'm actually looking forward to playing some more. Problem is, there is nearly nothing interesting going on for the next few weeks for me (sans a good announcement, maybe part 3?). None of march's FNs really have interesting stuff in it, except Enel all raids are maxed or kinda too hard right now and I need quite a few characters at lower CD to really farm chaos colo. Which leaves me in that akward spot where I need to wait for stuff to come around to get stronger to tackle new stuff.

That said, I've got a legend now, some clear team building goals and am in no hurry.

Rixa

Yeah, Iam doing Franky FN since I can clear the hardest stage. Luffy hardest stage gives problems to me. Not sure if I should do other FN's. Books Franky FN drop are bad but atleast I sometimes get 2 Frankys to drop (doing 2x sta).

EMT0

Banned
Some more teambuilding today, I think I finally cracked the code on the 'best' Blackbeard team that's class or color-agnostic:

50% HP cut, and two turns of 2M+ damage barring poor orb luck off of Lucci's special. I was looking into Kuma but he doesn't fit very well into Blackbeard teams plus delivers a lower burst....but then I found this, for F2P players with Blackbeard.

Only a 30% HP cut and less HP to tank with, but you still get 2M guaranteed burst damage for two turns. You could swap in 3D2Y Robin in place of Domino for optimal rainbow damage. And unlike the 4 Legend Blackbeard team, your orbs are guaranteed.

Figuring out how to run Blackbeard was a royal pain in the ass but I'm glad I found some crazy teams for him at last :)

ExVicis

Oh, nice driven team. I could actually try that one.
Just need lots of books.
And sockets.
I am furiously trying to run Kamabakka to get all the Trebol and SW Zoro books I can to get the Specials down because of that. The Trebol book drop-rate for me has been not great.

Speaking of books though, how liikely is it that The swapped Smoker/Tashigi stuff is coming out? I'm tempted to throw the Almighty book on G-5 Smoker since I don't have Shiki, Gild or any of the other movie guys.

EMT0

Banned
I am furiously trying to run Kamabakka to get all the Trebol and SW Zoro books I can to get the Specials down because of that. The Trebol book drop-rate for me has been not great.

Speaking of books though, how liikely is it that The swapped Smoker/Tashigi stuff is coming out? I'm tempted to throw the Almighty book on G-5 Smoker since I don't have Shiki, Gild or any of the other movie guys.

It'll come in time, but we've already got another Smoker FN that's already on Global

bobohoro

I'm curious how they will deal with FNs and books going forward. I mean, we got the character patches way too early to see them in a reasonable time frame for stuff like TS Strawhats. How far off are they if we go at it the usual way? Nearly a whole year?

And some of the movie-only books have to somehow find their way back to us as well. 3D2Y Sanji, Diamante, Gladius and a few others are kinda awesome RR units and maxing them all with almighty books seems rather taunting.

mileS

I need Rayleigh points but I didn't want to sell my dupes for TS Nami or TS Sanji.

1/2 for TS Nami
1/1 for TS Sanji

It payed off for once. Thank you skill up event. No idea when we'll end up getting books for these guys.

I used the last of my gems on two final single pulls.

Dupe Thatch
Dupe SW Sanji

:/

I'm still shocked that I didn't get a single Trebol in 48 pulls.

EMT0

Banned
I used the last of my gems on two final single pulls.

Dupe Thatch
Dupe SW Sanji

:/

I'm still shocked that I didn't get a single Trebol in 48 pulls.

I am too, I didn't go more than 1 Sugopull without at least 1 Trebol, sometimes more. That's legitimately crazy luck, one way or another

Ken

You got two Legends so you are off to a great start

Okay, lets explain your box:

- You have 2 Legends. The first one is STR (Red) Lucci, the second one is QCK (Blue) Marco. They work quite nicely together, so you are off to a good start. They can be evolved to 6* form, but you should keep them unevolved for a while.
- Those 2 skulls in the first slots of your box are used to "superevolve" a character. The one with Luffy can be used to evolve the level 1 Gear 2nd Luffy you have in your box. Once you clear Arlong Park you should get a free version of Nami, you can superevolve her 5* version using the other skull. 5*+ Luffy is a great unit for beginners, since it boosts everyone (most good captains have a colour or class restriction)
- QCK Luffy and STR Ace are freebies from an event we had a week ago. They work nicely together. PSY (Yellow) Luffy is a freebie we got recently, but isn't that good, TBH.
- Time Skip Nami is quite good. Tea Time Nami (the one with pre-time skip hair) not so much.
- The Seahorses, Penguins and Dragons are evolvers. They are used to bring unit to a higher Rarity.
- The STR Luffy in the second row is the 3* version of Gear 2nd Luffy. Since you already have the evolved version (it was given for free) you don't really need to worry much about it.

Other tips:

- Clic "Character Box" in the Crew menu and be sure to Favorite every unit you care about. There are horror stories about people selling good units by accident.
- You should think of expanding box space, it'll be a problem in the future. You should get quite a lot of gems for clearing story mode.
- The weird balls are called Cotton Candy. They're for min maxers, mostly. You can feed up to 200 to a character, in order to increase his ATK, HP or RCV over his normal grow.

I think that's all.

Thanks! Hopefully I didn't blow up any special evolver mats. D:

That was my very first roll so I tried some rerolls this morning and man, legends are hard to pull. I don't think I can get a better roll before the event ends.

EMT0

Banned
My friend talked me into doing two multis with him at the last minute. I got Legend Jinbe, followed by Legend Barto. My friend pulled a dupe Legend Doffy, and wanted to go for a third. I got Legend Rayleigh.

All three were new.

I'm sorry OPTC-GAF

commish

These new sort and filter options are the best new feature. Makes making a team so much easier.

Tidd

HAHAHAHA Japan's new sugo gives you a guaranteed red poster on your 3rd multipull. Time to save gems until global will get this. Well for EMT0 this would be bad...

If I recall, Colo Vista is pretty important right?

Yeah, gives bottom row matching orbs. And since there nearly aren't any orb manipulators for Slashers he's pretty great.

EMT0

Banned
HAHAHAHA Japan's new sugo gives you a guaranteed red poster on your 3rd multipull. Time to save gems until global will get this. Well for EMT0 this would be bad...

Yeah, gives bottom row matching orbs. And since there nearly aren't any orb manipulators for Slashers he's pretty great.

I think I've honestly hit the point where I'd only pull for a quadruple boost on one of the few Legends I don't have, and/or pull for a color up + rate-boosted unit I really want. Other than that...naw, I'm good lol.

mileS

x2 stam is glorious when you get exactly what you want. 2 usopp and 2 luffy in one run feels awesome. Wish I had more time to farm this.

lots to do next week as well. Blackbeard is coming up. I need to go HAM on that one. Same with Perona. Going to have to buy gems to get this done right or I'm going to be waiting forever again.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
For anyone that wants to run Croc against Akainu, apparently Kalifa can negate his health cut per turn after revive, so you can use 3D2Y Robin freely for the burst.

Teams might still require the Red Force for the added health. I haven't done the math to figure that one out. It probably won't be necessary once we have skill-ups on legend Doffy.

commish

I think I've honestly hit the point where I'd only pull for a quadruple boost on one of the few Legends I don't have, and/or pull for a color up + rate-boosted unit I really want. Other than that...naw, I'm good lol.

Grats on the new legends! Which don't you have now? Jimbe looks so good. Good post on Reddit about his teams.

Kyou

Grats on the new legends! Which don't you have now? Jimbe looks so good. Good post on Reddit about his teams.

I was just reading that. I feel better about blowing money and getting him now. I seem to have every good unit that goes with him except like Burges

EMT0

Banned

I don't know how to feel knowing that I've hit the point where it's way easier to list the ones I don't have than it is to list the ones I do. I don't have:

-Sabo
-Log Luffy
-Borsalino
-Heavenly Yaksha Doflamingo
-Timeskip Luffy

Top Bottom