• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
It just feels like I'm fighting Enel this time around and not fighting the stages leading up to the boss.

Like Redboot said, this is a perfect way of putting it.

Maybe it's the fact that Stage 4 can be auto cleared with the lightning, but this raid's design is basically a HP gimmick. Whereas the survival isn't about getting to the boss, but being in the fight with the boss. It's still a grind regardless, but Enel/Eneru felt less uphill. I liked there wasn't much room for error in regards to turn sequences, but strangely enough it still allowed for various missteps here and there.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Yeah, I really like this raid too. Surprisingly easy once you get into the flow. You're just beating Enel down and then using the team's specials to bring down the beast. You can even mess up and just have to burst Enel down before his second "refresh status" special post-shields going down.

Hana-Bi

Does anyone know if you can have more than 999 colas? I'm over 980 colas now and don't know if I want to level up any ship. What ships beside Coffin and Going Merry is worth leveling?

chrono01

I really hope we get a skill-up event next week. I can't even play anymore since I'm at max capacity. It feels like a long while since we last got one. :/

ElChado

Neo Member
I really hope we get a skill-up event next week. I can't even play anymore since I'm at max capacity. It feels like a long while since we last got one. :/

The last skill up was during the first week of prison croc and that skill up ended 24 days ago. It feels longer because right when it ended we got blackbeard chopper doffy, and the week after was garp, then doffy return, while we got kimono fortnight and people stored some for potential sockets or nami skill ups, and now alvida and okama more books to hold, and any enel copies, and who knows what next weeks raid could be.

Unless you're pushing luck or gemming hard outside skill up for those skills, you're hurting badly on box space right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next event is anniversary related and gives us a skill up either feb 2nd or feb 9th. With the one after it being valentines related maybe?

Majukun

actually it was up relatively recently..problem is..we had numerous raids in-between that made the storage space consume really fast

i'm confident that the anniversary event will include one togeher with 4.0 and sockets.

chrono01

The last skill up was during the first week of prison croc and that skill up ended 24 days ago. It feels longer because right when it ended we got blackbeard chopper doffy, and the week after was garp, then doffy return, while we got kimono fortnight and people stored some for potential sockets or nami skill ups, and now alvida and okama more books to hold, and any enel copies, and who knows what next weeks raid could be.

Unless you're pushing luck or gemming hard outside skill up for those skills, you're hurting badly on box space right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next event is anniversary related and gives us a skill up either feb 2nd or feb 9th. With the one after it being valentines related maybe?

actually it was up relatively recently..problem is..we had numerous raids in-between that made the storage space consume really fast

i'm confident that the anniversary event will include one togeher with 4.0 and sockets.
Ah, gotcha. Yeah, seems longer than that to me, but it's probably because as ElChado said about how we've had so many different opportunities to farm units. We've been busy, for sure. We even received Perona, who I've yet to max skill, shortly after the last skill-up event ended [IIRC], so I'm sitting on copies of her too. :(

Oh man, if we get 4.0 and sockets, along with a skill-up event, for the anniversary, that'd be great. Has it really been almost a year? Wow, time flies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
oh god.

I just used Mihawk's special, then attacked with my team. I literally forgot to use Usopp's special. FAIL.

Edit: Also, we need more QCK Sanji variants.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know if you can have more than 999 colas? I'm over 980 colas now and don't know if I want to level up any ship. What ships beside Coffin and Going Merry is worth leveling?

999 is the cap, every cola afterward Usopp drinks for free.

Just hang tight, we're almost there. If I had to guess though, it'd probably be second week of the next event. But by that point Bamco will give us another two raids all the while gleefully laughing at the inventory troubles.

CZX2PYrWEAU-7mm.jpg
Managed to evolve Eneru and whilst feeding him to himself managed to level up to lvl4 (29 turns). Relied way too much on friend's Doffy to do this raid, needed ones with less than the amount of turns mine had (27), also relied on Whitebeard and Mihawk's specials of lowering Eneru's health by 30%. INT Daz Bone's (who I replaced with Whitebeard) resulted in me using gem to continue.

Hopefully skill up is soon, I have space in my box after getting rid of Wypher's skillbook (didn't have him anyway), but I wanna get rid of the books appropriately.

pelicansurf

I ended up at 55 copies. Couldn't farm too hard this afternoon. Not bad. I probably won't skill max him during a skill up event, but I'll hopefully get damn close. Now back to Alvida.

ElChado

Neo Member
I ended up at 55 copies. Couldn't farm too hard this afternoon. Not bad. I probably won't skill max him during a skill up event, but I'll hopefully get damn close. Now back to Alvida.

Oh gawd the horror of alvida, those terrible drops, that terrible pirate experience. Why did i use my 7 books to try to get something and not just keep them and throw out other things for room.

koryuken

I only went for 35 only, will get more copies when he comes back. Which team did you end up running?

pelicansurf

I only went for 35 only, will get more copies when he comes back. Which team did you end up running?
Doffy Lead, Mihawk friend, Law, Kohza, Usopp. All max skill except Kohza who was at 18. Pretty standard team.

It was pretty easy.

Also yeah, Chado, I've ran the fortnight at least 20-30 times while it's been out and I have 3 skill books.

Overall I wound up with 48 Enel copies. Part of me is a bit proud of having flawlessed the entire raid, not having lost a single run. I was hoping for 60 but I guess double Doffy took longer than I thought it was going to. I might be better off anyway because if I did I'd be sitting at 495/500 while still trying to get Apoo books.

I guess it's smooth sailing as far as raid bosses go for the next few months unless they decide to throw Aokiji at us, who no one is probably ready for unless you have legends. Both Duval and Heracles'n are easy pickings for Blackbeard teams and everyone should have a Zephyr team ready at this point. I'll be interested to see what they'll decide to give us next.

linkent

I guess it's smooth sailing as far as raid bosses go for the next few months unless they decide to throw Aokiji at us, who no one is probably ready for unless you have legends. Both Duval and Heracles'n are easy pickings for Blackbeard teams and everyone should have a Zephyr team ready at this point. I'll be interested to see what they'll decide to give us next.
Watching most youtube videos, we really need some stronger PSY unit to beat Aokiji, especially slasher which is really lackluster.
The current team that can beat him is SW Shanks and WB team.
Slasher team have SW Shanks/Brook sub.

Dont think we are ready with Aokiji coming but we really need INT raid boss.

Hana-Bi

I'm glad I don't have to farm Alvida anymore. Got her maxed a while back.

Today was also a great day because I got Ohm and story Enel. :) Wiper won't drop, but I don't know if I should farm him. Without Zephyr shooters are nothing and with Zephyr Wiper isn't really needed...

So I'm curious, does Enel's unique auto-heal captain ability allow you to cheese anything?

He's basically the first captain with a decent damage boost + healing each turn.

RalchAC

So I'm curious, does Enel's unique auto-heal captain ability allow you to cheese anything?

He's basically the first captain with a decent damage boost + healing each turn.

Every STR raidboss so far can be killed with him (I think Kuma included). I think somebody in Reddit linked an awesome video where a Enel team cleared Aokiji too.

Two belly bags from Enel today.
negativeman.png

JESUS CHRIST
KuGsj.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uVxX6CLGpA&feature=youtu.be&t=10m20s

Fucking finally. Can't wait to go through the same shit for Lucci.

eOrwReb.jpg

I'm saving my patience for CP9 Kaku. I haven't seriously farmed Enel yet. Whenever is 2x Drop or 1/2 Stamina I do 4-5 runs and then go back to special islands or something. If I did too many runs to those stages, I may get bored and stopped playing lol.

Every STR raidboss so far can be killed with him (I think Kuma included). I think somebody in Reddit linked an awesome video where a Enel team cleared Aokiji too.

Do they require max skill or any specific hard-to-get subs?

Enel's auto-heal makes me feel like he's probably a god of stalling on fodder, which changes up the necessity of skill maxing a lot.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The current Fortnight might be the easiest i have ever played....0 challenge :eek:

Fucking finally. Can't wait to go through the same shit for Lucci.
Sweeet....

This just reminded me that i still have to farm that sucker as well as my 2nd. Croc - maybe once i have farmed more Apo books.

RedBoot

Yeah, farming Lucci and Kaku's gonna be rough, especially since we eventually need 2 of each. At least they show up on more than one island, more available farming days.

I forget which of the evolutions see the most use, but as a Sengoku owner, I probably want to get them all, they all rank among the highest stats for 20 and unders.

You know a fortnight is easy when you go in with a completely mismatched team and still beat it.

(I went in with a quick team + mihawk friend by accident an still won. lol)

Majukun

daamn oday has even worst drop rate than yesterday at alvida's fortnight...just got ONE and i will probably be able to just run it another 4 times today later

Yeah, farming Lucci and Kaku's gonna be rough, especially since we eventually need 2 of each. At least they show up on more than one island, more available farming days.

I forget which of the evolutions see the most use, but as a Sengoku owner, I probably want to get them all, they all rank among the highest stats for 20 and unders.

Lucci's QCK form once Enies Lobby comes out seems to get the most play on Japan.

The current Fortnight might be the easiest i have ever played....0 challenge :eek:

I started running an impact Usopp/Coby team with a double Shanks lead. Then I took out Coby because it was overkill. Then I took out Usopp because I found I didn't even need him. Then I decided to take out Garp instead of having to stall for his 13 cd special and just put in units that cost 20 or less. Now I just run a Sengoku/Shanks team and obliterate everything without having to stall whatsoever.

Of course I get 2 stamina refills in a row today after getting none for two days during the Enel raid. And later today I'll level up for another stamina refill. It's a pretty brain dead fortnight but at least it's more aesthetically interesting than that Shandia one.

Tidd

Got my last Alvida skill up and 4 Apoo books in 4 runs. + the legend I pulled on Thursday. I would say Bandainamco upgraded my account to RNGod. :p

Hana-Bi

If anyone wants to browse a tier list of the global units atm, OPTC reddit has made a list:
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC...its_global_tier_list_whitebeard_allies_batch/
Also this list is for everyone that's thinking of attempting the story missions, and not entirely sure which rare character to keep for the missions:
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/comments/421ye2/list_of_rare_drop_characters_to_hold_onto_for/

Nice list. Only non legend char with a rating higher than A- that I don't have is Thatch. Thought I missed more "good" units because the last few sugos were dupes after dupes. Well the last sugo was unbelievable though. With Log Luffy as my first pull, Whitey Bay as my last and Squard somewhere in the middle. :D

Gizuko

Geh. I didn't know you could face this in the last stage of the Okama fortnight (30-sta):

I mean, Sanji hits for ~4-5k and Elizabeth attacks for 1.5k every turn. Caroline was there just for show, I swear.

If anyone wants to browse a tier list of the global units atm, OPTC reddit has made a list:
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC...its_global_tier_list_whitebeard_allies_batch/
Also this list is for everyone that's thinking of attempting the story missions, and not entirely sure which rare character to keep for the missions:
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/comments/421ye2/list_of_rare_drop_characters_to_hold_onto_for/

Nice, I'm always wondering what to do with story drops, thank you for posting it!

Is there any point to saving evolved fodder btw?

I've evolved a bunch of fodder units for box purposes & held onto them. But There's literally no point to them at all ever, right?

Heng

Is there any point to saving evolved fodder btw?

I've evolved a bunch of fodder units for box purposes & held onto them. But There's literally no point to them at all ever, right?
Some are used in fortnights for their orb manipulations. I think in Absalom the purple pimp is used to convert orbs to blue. They're not necessary but they do have their use.

Snowed in, woo. Happy to see most of us managed to get one copy of Enel. I couldn't do 60 stam, but with Heng's recommendation I managed to attack the 40 stam a few times until he finally dropped.

Back to farming for alvida books and red turtles for me, gotta start getting my levels to snuff.

Majukun

That feeling when you get 2 Alvida books in one run. Master of the Near Sea can drop a chest with Alvida's book too.
well all the other stages can potentially drop an Alvida skillbook, but the final stage is 100% her, while the others may be zoro, chopper or cola

Hisoka

I have only got Alvida books at those 2 stages though. So I thought those only dropped there.

Nono, you're right indeed. It's rather that the Master of the near Sea can be in every stage before Alvida. No other Unit drops the book.

I already lvl. maxed 4 fat Alvida xD That happens when you get so desperate because of skillbooks lol.

Nono, you're right indeed. It's rather that the Master of the near Sea can be in every stage before Alvida. No other Unit drops the book.

I already lvl. maxed 4 fat Alvida xD That happens when you get so desperate because of skillbooks lol.

I actually did that with my collection of usopps for golden pound, but ended up lucky on my skill ups.

Due to that I now have 4 golden pounds.

/edit

btw this current fortnight being an absolute bore in terms of content got me wondering..

What's everyone's top 3 fortnights so far?

So I'm thinking the fortnight "as a whole" in terms of books, characters, additional rewards, artwork etc.

for me it's:

3. Karoo

You know what sucks? Having to grind old fortnights from the first week or two for vital books like Alvida or Usopp.

Having one of those ultra-essential books show up in one of the weirdest fortnights is honestly a treat. The HP cut gimmick really makes for an unconventional challenge as you wade through hoards and hoards of enemies, hoping desperately for that weird grasshopper to show up.

Two super important books, golden pound & marco + a really unique gimmick made this a great fortnight for me.

2.Twilight part 1.

As I was going through the list there's definitely a lot of fun fortnights, but very few were as strong in content and theme as this one. A fortnight that allows you to capture fun variants of a large chunk of the crew, still a bit of challenge & possible ways to screw up .. and it gives access to a large number of important skill books; including some legendary ones.

Honestly what could beat this?

1. Twilight party 2!

The answer ... holy smokes this one was fun.

How do you improve on Twilight party 1? Simple: Give us more of the same but make the boss strawhat actually legitimately viable.

Halloween zoro's got surprisingly slick stats for a turn delayer, the books given are largely even better than HP1. What's not to like?
zoro's skill failing 20 times in a row.

Hisoka

I actually did that with my collection of usopps for golden pound, but ended up lucky on my skill ups.

Due to that I now have 4 golden pounds.

/edit

btw this current fortnight being an absolute bore in terms of content got me wondering..

What's everyone's top 3 fortnights so far?

So I'm thinking the fortnight "as a whole" in terms of books, characters, additional rewards, artwork etc.

for me it's:

3. Karoo

You know what sucks? Having to grind old fortnights from the first week or two for vital books like Alvida or Usopp.

Having one of those ultra-essential books show up in one of the weirdest fortnights is honestly a treat. The HP cut gimmick really makes for an unconventional challenge as you wade through hoards and hoards of enemies, hoping desperately for that weird grasshopper to show up.

Two super important books, golden pound & marco + a really unique gimmick made this a great fortnight for me.

2.Twilight part 1.

As I was going through the list there's definitely a lot of fun fortnights, but very few were as strong in content and theme as this one. A fortnight that allows you to capture fun variants of a large chunk of the crew, still a bit of challenge & possible ways to screw up .. and it gives access to a large number of important skill books; including some legendary ones.

Honestly what could beat this?

1. Twilight party 2!

The answer ... holy smokes this one was fun.

How do you improve on Twilight party 1? Simple: Give us more of the same but make the boss strawhat actually legitimately viable.

Halloween zoro's got surprisingly slick stats for a turn delayer, the books given are largely even better than HP1. What's not to like?
zoro's skill failing 20 times in a row.

Ouch, but hey, you maxed him, cool! Now you try Sogeking or sockets?
I dare you bamco to treat me nice this time. I want to feel like i earned those skillups due to my fatties T-T

My favourite was the Prison Fortnight. Can't really tell the others.. Brooks Fortnight is awesome. Maybe Twilight Party too - boo-hoo! I liked the shady ones, huehue!

Top Bottom