• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

RedBoot

Skill Up has to happen, it's been too long. A login character is likely as well. Water 7 is pretty expected because we're over the monthly island quota. The only thing I have going for a new Version update is the fact we haven't gotten a new one in months.

They might be slowing down our new islands a bit, since we're only 5 behind Japan right now (who will also have to slow down eventually...there's still quite a bit of content left, but they will catch up to the manga). Also, we have to have the new types (Freedom, etc) added by the time we get Enies Lobby 2 (since the Franky reward there boosts Freedom types).

I really do want to get Water 7 though. Gotta get started on Lucci/Kaku farming.

Kyou

I'd be super okay with a mihawk raid followed by a skill up

for reasons

edit: Man, pig island always has a shockingly bad drop rate for how little you can actually use it

Majukun

They might be slowing down our new islands a bit, since we're only 5 behind Japan right now (who will also have to slow down eventually...there's still quite a bit of content left, but they will catch up to the manga). Also, we have to have the new types (Freedom, etc) added by the time we get Enies Lobby 2 (since the Franky reward there boosts Freedom types).

I really do want to get Water 7 though. Gotta get started on Lucci/Kaku farming.

they have a lot of content still to use really..especially sicne the new island are made of 2 parts..marineford would probably reach 3 or 4

Majukun

Tonight. Always happens the Tuesday before the current event ends. Expect new Fortnight announcement as well, and POTENTIALLY Water 7 and a new Version (4.0 maybe!) as well since it's been quite some time since either of those.
the electric bogaloo event was announced 5 days before it aired (night between 7th and 8th of January here in Europe, it started in the night between the 12th and the 13th).. so it might be a bit too early for us since it's still 26 here and it should end the 2nd of February at 4 am here

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey

Not that I disagree with you, but don't forget they've changed units specials coming from Japan to US. I think it's only happened once (Halloween Robin), but there's precedent.

RedBoot

Not that I disagree with you, but don't forget they've changed units specials coming from Japan to US. I think it's only happened once (Halloween Robin), but there's precedent.

They certainly could, but it won't be long until there's a whole lot of those units appearing, so they've got to do it eventually. Plus I think the point of that particular Franky is to be an easy F2P Freedom lead.

I'm sure we'll see the new types soon. We still presumably need to get sockets first, though.

(And maybe Zephyr someday)

RalchAC

They certainly could, but it won't be long until there's a whole lot of those units appearing, so they've got to do it eventually. Plus I think the point of that particular Franky is to be an easy F2P Freedom lead.

I'm sure we'll see the new types soon. We still presumably need to get sockets first, though.

(And maybe Zephyr someday)

I think INT Franky evolution unlocks after completing Ennies Lobby, and the 3* version doesn't boost Freedom units, so we should be able to get Water 7 even if they decide not to release new classes.

I actually understand why they did it. In Japan, Blind had been a pain in the ass for a long while. In Global we had just got that debuff. They want us to suffer for a little bit longer :p

ElChado

Neo Member
I fully expect it to be a "log in and receive a free Valentine Perona and/or Vivi" and a skill up event. I'm trying to avoid the grand fashion of hyping up OPTC arbitrary milestones as to not disappoint myself.

I'd be totally fine with a free valentine vivi/perona instead of them getting added to the pool permanently like the log units or temporarily like Christmas units

I recall Thursdays being the big news days and Sundays for last minute news, however Psy rate up DOES leave us tonight which could always give us some potential hype since Thursdays are daily gem news i believe, but there's no set days for when version updates, new islands, or new class news comes out.

There's also the wonder of what raid will be this Thursday, fair bit of people seem to want mihawk, though he was here just 5 weeks ago, i wouldn't rule mihawk out since he likes to return often, but it has been awhile since ivankov returned and we did get mihawk/garp/chopper in these past 5 weeks...

RedBoot

I'd like Iva to come back, although it'd be better if it didn't happen until after a skill up event so I can feed Apoo some books first.

I also want Blackbeard to come back, but not until after the aforementioned Iva return. Also need to get Enel evolved first.

So...give us Monster Chopper, I guess. Or just Zephyr. That's fine too.

pelicansurf

Ended up with 23 alvidas. 6 skill ups right? Hope I can get to at least 10 during skill up.

I actually understand why they did it. In Japan, Blind had been a pain in the ass for a long while. In Global we had just got that debuff. They want us to suffer for a little bit longer :p
I guess? It's not like the blind condition would make you want to run that Robin anyways. Plus I don't think her cool down would be available until after the blind happens in all potential fort nights. That and those fort nights don't really require stalling at all.

I just think it was dumb, heh.

pelicansurf

Log Luffy, Doffy, Killer, Slasher Croc, and Rakuyo obliterated this ranking. I messed up like 5 post-activations and got greats instead of perfects with matching orbs vs. weak guys. I left like 1,000,000 on the table and got 3.9 mill damage.

Log Luffy, Doffy, Killer, Slasher Croc, and Rakuyo obliterated this ranking. I messed up like 5 post-activations and got greats instead of perfects with matching orbs vs. weak guys. I left like 1,000,000 on the table and got 3.9 mill damage.

I got nearly 3.6 on my first try with my G3 team without a double damage orb boost on the last stage. I anticipated that being a bit more difficult than it was.

Tidd

That was really easy with G3. It wasn't even an optimal run but still did it on my first try!

Water 7, huh? That's nice. And it really seems we have a weekly schedule for raid bosses :) But I still don't get it that sometimes they announce these a few days earlier and sometimes they don't.

Majukun

I'll try my luck at the bounty when I'm not sick anymore.. but it"s good that doesn't seem too difficult.. the objective is 3 mln right?

Looks like I only got 12 Alvida books. Plenty of Alvidas though, so I guess I'll wait until I can evolve them all to feed her. Guess it's time to farm Apoo books now.

RalchAC

Nice for Water 7, I will farm the new Kaku ASAP, since he should work nicely against Enel for those lacking Law.

I may farm another 20 Monster Chopper copies, I shouldn't need to use many gems.

Hana-Bi

Oh well. Tried the new ranking mission and realized after I failed twice that I had my coffin boat for my Log Luffy team... Will clear the mission this evening I guess...

ElChado

Neo Member
Ended up with 23 alvidas. 6 skill ups right? Hope I can get to at least 10 during skill up.

I guess? It's not like the blind condition would make you want to run that Robin anyways. Plus I don't think her cool down would be available until after the blind happens in all potential fort nights. That and those fort nights don't really require stalling at all.

I just think it was dumb, heh.

Razr used halloween robin in a team to farm enel that was safe, and probably the fastest you can do on global, it was i believe mihawk/doffy with sub mihawk/wb/halloween robin/koza. Robin provides guaranteed dex orbs, which you use doffy to swap to the two doffys. plus the 3 30% hp cuts. kill him the moment the defence shield goes down.

Can't believe i never thought to use robin for the 2 guaranteed dex orbs.

so what's the gameplan with no G3

double 3x captains and pray?

a g3 friend helps, but some are going double killer. I feel like a friend gear 3, with a mihawk lead, croc sub, arlong sub and koza or doublefinger could probably do the ranking too just get arlong to take out the girl with brook, croc for ryuma or yellow units, and mihawk for the blue units.

That was really easy with G3. It wasn't even an optimal run but still did it on my first try!

Water 7, huh? That's nice. And it really seems we have a weekly schedule for raid bosses :) But I still don't get it that sometimes they announce these a few days earlier and sometimes they don't.

I want to say when we've had a return warning it means we get news when the raid occurs. When garp and mihawk returned without warning we got 0 news with them, but when doffy returned we got quick up banner wasnt it? Or maybe im remember wrong.

Either way, with okama and electric boogaloo ending this week i'd totally expect the big news to be appearing thursday if not Sunday. Plus the ranking notice will go away too, lots of room for news.

Copons

Welp: 2xG3, Doffy, Rayray, Boa and a rainbow penguin (just because Reddit said so, no questions asked).
Didn't wait for shit, just run for perfects, got some, lost some.
In the end I closed a crappy run at like 3.3M.

I guess you just need a G3-like captain followed by your most powerful rainbow team, and you're done with this mission.

RalchAC

Did the event with 2x Log Luffy, Doflamingo, Miss Doublefinger, Slasher Crocodile and a Robber Penguin for the first Perfect (since enemies here have few HP and a normal unit could have killed my targeted enemy even without Luffy's ATK bonus).

First try got 2.9 million points. Second one got 5.5 millions. I'm second so far in my friend list.

Of course, the first one is Korial :p

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
And it really seems we have a weekly schedule for raid bosses :) But I still don't get it that sometimes they announce these a few days earlier and sometimes they don't.

It might be arbitrary, but my guess is just to make the updates seem like more content is coming given the length of this event being three weeks.

Razr used halloween robin in a team to farm enel that was safe, and probably the fastest you can do on global, it was i believe mihawk/doffy with sub mihawk/wb/halloween robin/koza. Robin provides guaranteed dex orbs, which you use doffy to swap to the two doffys. plus the 3 30% hp cuts. kill him the moment the defence shield goes down. Can't believe i never thought to use robin for the 2 guaranteed dex orbs.

That team is not average. It requires +100 attack candy on both your own Doflamingo and Mihawk, otherwise you'll never do enough damage to wipe Enel/Eneru in one turn. Plus you'll also need Koza with a low enough cooldown.

Majukun

so.. the announcement of the next story island yesterday night makes an announcement tonight of the new event more or less likely to happen?

so.. the announcement of the next story island yesterday night makes an announcement tonight of the new event more or less likely to happen?

Could be tonight or it could be Sunday night, but it has to be some time this week before Electric Boogalo ends. I'm kind of surprised it wasn't last night honestly.

We really need Lobster Cave Fridays.

I just spent 2 whole STA bars before finally getting a blue lobster to evolve Enel. I even had 3 beli bag trolls before getting the drop, >_<.

koryuken

We really need Lobster Cave Fridays.

I just spent 2 whole STA bars before finally getting a blue lobster to evolve Enel. I even had 3 beli bag trolls before getting the drop, >_<.

IMO the easiest way is to get lobsters during the raid boss. I farmed 35 copies of Enel and ended with 4 blue lobsters. The raid bosses usually have lobsters of their matching color. They are also the best way to get elder Seahorses. I ended up with 9 Elders after farming Doffy.

That's what I usually do. However, I only beat 60 Enel 4 times, and the blue lobster didn't drop for me there. Leading me to farm story mode for one so I could evolve him.

RalchAC

I farmed 3-5 lobsters of each type the first time their cave appeared. After that, I have never farmed them again. Between raid bosses and story mode farming I always get lobsters before using the ones I have in my box.

I've only ever had to farm for yellow lobsters, one for Squard and one for Log Franky (not that I needed to evolve him, I just did for the hell of it). If you're in a situation where you need to farm a lobster, I highly suggest you do it during a 2x drop rate day as I've seen waaaay more success doing it then than on a 1/2 stamina day.

ElChado

Neo Member
It might be arbitrary, but my guess is just to make the updates seem like more content is coming given the length of this event being three weeks.

That team is not average. It requires +100 attack candy on both your own Doflamingo and Mihawk, otherwise you'll never do enough damage to wipe Enel/Eneru in one turn. Plus you'll also need Koza with a low enough cooldown.

Hah yeah that team is not average, i was just saying it's a team that used halloween robin for something other than the blind removal.

Could be tonight or it could be Sunday night, but it has to be some time this week before Electric Boogalo ends. I'm kind of surprised it wasn't last night honestly.

I don't recall us getting announcements on a Wednesday, but if we do it'd be nice. Sort of anticipating we get the next daily gem and fortnight news when chopper arrives or leaves. I can't see those taking till Sunday to arrive unless they really wanted to tease us.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Frankly all the weekly evolver isles should be 2x drop, at least one week during the month. Granted it was bad drop luck, but I wasted 300 stamina once trying get a rainbow dragon.

Hah yeah that team is not average, i was just saying it's a team that used halloween robin for something other than the blind removal.

Got ya. I agree as well. That team setup shows how varying these fortnight units can be, it's much like the ranking challenges where the not so usual suspects can come out.

Speaking of ranking challenges, I don't know what brings players to cheat in ranking scores but it keeps me cognizant of my FL space as a result. I used to not care, but given our FL is capped at 200 as-is and speaking to a player who plays JPN OPTC it seems that's the cap over there too. It gives easy reason to clear up space with players who go idle for too long and these hackers, etc, in my opinion.

I don't recall us getting announcements on a Wednesday, but if we do it'd be nice. Sort of anticipating we get the next daily gem and fortnight news when chopper arrives or leaves. I can't see those taking till Sunday to arrive unless they really wanted to tease us.

They're usually Tuesday and Thursdays, but hey, Global is CUHRAYZEE! If we don't get anything tomorrow, expect it after Chopper leaves.

As far as Ranking goes, I couldn't give two shits about my score compared to others. As long as I get my Platinum medal and free gems I'm fine.

SOCKET HYPE UNDER ADMIN INFOS!!!

7drHiqr.gif

Top Bottom