• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Heng

I actually did that with my collection of usopps for golden pound, but ended up lucky on my skill ups.

Due to that I now have 4 golden pounds.

/edit

btw this current fortnight being an absolute bore in terms of content got me wondering..

What's everyone's top 3 fortnights so far?

So I'm thinking the fortnight "as a whole" in terms of books, characters, additional rewards, artwork etc.

for me it's:

3. Karoo

You know what sucks? Having to grind old fortnights from the first week or two for vital books like Alvida or Usopp.

Having one of those ultra-essential books show up in one of the weirdest fortnights is honestly a treat. The HP cut gimmick really makes for an unconventional challenge as you wade through hoards and hoards of enemies, hoping desperately for that weird grasshopper to show up.

Two super important books, golden pound & marco + a really unique gimmick made this a great fortnight for me.

2.Twilight part 1.

As I was going through the list there's definitely a lot of fun fortnights, but very few were as strong in content and theme as this one. A fortnight that allows you to capture fun variants of a large chunk of the crew, still a bit of challenge & possible ways to screw up .. and it gives access to a large number of important skill books; including some legendary ones.

Honestly what could beat this?

1. Twilight party 2!

The answer ... holy smokes this one was fun.

How do you improve on Twilight party 1? Simple: Give us more of the same but make the boss strawhat actually legitimately viable.

Halloween zoro's got surprisingly slick stats for a turn delayer, the books given are largely even better than HP1. What's not to like?
zoro's skill failing 20 times in a row.
Karoo was my one of my favorite since I could finally use my legend to farm (yeah I also use him on my striker team but I meant more as captain). It was too easy though.

The other fortnight I'm really enjoying now is Kimono Jinbe on Japan. I'm not too sure if its due to how hard it is (since I have to build my team around low cost due my low pirate level) or the characters themselves. The G orbs are also a cool mechanic as well and the bombs forces me to be on my toes.

Reddit user has ripped a bunch of art/sprite assets from the game:
Y4vQOR9ypS5Pr8fkpm_qMc-T7KDq3HkYqskPXk_sDb6cm7XWifxAxL_DN2vUEE8rWdPW2Q=w1869-h786
Fr4Cmt_pChASGoI5p0t_viGdUUgcWd-xVinstTU3J2SByG-aoAtGmmPy4YB1L7bln-M5pQ=w1869-h786

yvs-s4X-58YGJAVmkgLe0KLWC3_A2WhgPF3O5Nh6_Qa4nXTE-n-CC7nFZPAVIW9aVDr0Ag=w1869-h786
XkqPEJwSmFE5CaGTQ4bfLHoL0iXSDPPV9bj9fnivLNsaqpTN1judNT5RoGAf2yrda1hSnA=w1869-h786

mvtZcOzDvLa0w6YbWUG-euvRkkSqgBJAvyfOyOrZcjzc5qu7DNMsmZIpD_924BnSpAkrVQ=w1869-h786
ARyezNW_TBtP_bqWC-o9NL-ohAs5AYLhkmLTUifj9FMxr-mUa7BkX-0w0BjAfTaMwu1qtA=w1869-h786

TheWriter

Hey guys,

Question: Is account giveaway allowed on here? After my terrible gacha luck in the new Bleach game I decided to try out this game instead and basically did A LOT of rerolls during Sugofest last week to try and get a Boa.
Didn't get her, but got Log Luffy and Black Clad Shanks on the same account. Ain't getting better I think.

Now I have 5 accounts I don't need but saved the passwords for.

Legend Sengoku plus 5* Bonney
Legend Sengoku plus Stew Sanji
Legend Shanks plus Delcavan Bros
Legend Shanks plus 3* Nojiko
3rd Gear Luffy plus 3* crap card.

I'll edit the post if it is not allowed. If I can help new starters with those accounts though, send me a PM or something.

Additional question: How are you supposed to beat Smoker in Loguetown Chapter 12? He always attacks first turn with Whiteout and then does 4600 damage, killing everything on sight. Had to brute force my way through him with a team that had 4800 HP. How do you normally stop this?

Additional question: How are you supposed to beat Smoker in Loguetown Chapter 12? He always attacks first turn with Whiteout and then does 4600 damage, killing everything on sight. Had to brute force my way through him with a team that had 4800 HP. How do you normally stop this?

What team are you using? Any damage reducers like Alvida?

MiTYH

Hey guys,

Question: Is account giveaway allowed on here? After my terrible gacha luck in the new Bleach game I decided to try out this game instead and basically did A LOT of rerolls during Sugofest last week to try and get a Boa.
Didn't get her, but got Log Luffy and Black Clad Shanks on the same account. Ain't getting better I think.

I'll edit the post if it is not allowed. If I can help new starters with those accounts though, send me a PM or something.

Daaaamn, that's some great pulls. I've rerolled so many account and only made a Whiteboard pull (currently my second account). Not sure on giveaways though.

For smoker, what's your team? If your health isn't enough, you'll need to level up or evolve units. I remember hitting a wall at Loguetown. Good STR characters help, Arlong for sure (his event isle is coming up in a few weeks I believe). Also skinny Alvida helps, and GP Usopp for a turn delay to get that sweet damage in

Majukun

Hey guys,

you bring a better leveled team for once.. less than 5k hp is really, really low.. you get better hp with double monster chopper teams

let me just say that you should play the lottery.... two legends one after the other is a statistical improbability on par with being hit by a meteor while sitting at home, no matter how many times you re-rolled

P.S. 0, 5 guys, we are gold today and I have still 3 tries left for barrel breaking.. Anyone wanna tap?

you bring a better leveled team for once.. less than 5k hp is really, really low.. you get better hp with double monster chopper teams

let me just say that you should play the lottery two legends one after the other is a statistical improbability on par with being hit by a meteor while sitting at home

P.S. 0, 5 guys, we are gold today and I have still 3 tries left for barrel breaking.. Anyone wanna tap?

I'll tap if you're still here.

TheWriter

I kinda figured that my team was not supposed to be ready for Loguetown yet, but Smoker just was on another level. Log Luffys special is just gamebreaking for story mode right now. I stall my team on rounds where turtles or crabs appear until Log Luffys special is ready and then I one hit ko the boss. I mostly use Vivi friend captains that heal me up every single round so I survive most things that do less than 3000 damage.

My team right now is
Log Luffy Captain (lv 35)
3* Sanji (20)
4* Pound Zoro (26)
3* Usopp (20)
4* Mirage Tempo Nami (28)

I need more pirate level and COST to be able to equip Whitey Bay for Nami and Killer for Sanji. Have no dragon for Usopps evolution yet.
Tried farming Alvida, but she's not dropping.

I don't understand how rounds work. When I looked up a guide to beat Smoker, Smoker never attacked the guy first and was on 6 rounds cooldown. For me, he always started with his special and then was on 7 rounds cooldown. Is this supposed to be random?

Got some cola, thanks Maju!

I'm wondering something, if you have 3* Alvida with some skill ups and evolve her, does that skill level number remain or does it completely reset since it's a new special?

Majukun

Got some cola, thanks Maju!

I'm wondering something, if you have 3* Alvida with some skill ups and evolve her, does that skill level number remain or does it completely reset since it's a new special?
it resets, different special
actually you can't even use 3 star Alvida to skillup the 4 Star one, only skillbooks or other evolved copies.

it resets, different special
actually you can't even use 3 star Alvida to skillup the 4 Star one, only skillbooks or other evolved copies.

Aw, was a lilttle hopeful. Ah well. I've picked up 13 skillbooks so far, and I have and extra 4* Alvida I pulled during sugo. Unless I run into space issues, I'll probably hold onto them as I have terrible luck with skill ups otherwise. (Feed em 5 at a time and I get zero! lol)

ElChado

Neo Member
I kinda figured that my team was not supposed to be ready for Loguetown yet, but Smoker just was on another level. Log Luffys special is just gamebreaking for story mode right now. I stall my team on rounds where turtles or crabs appear until Log Luffys special is ready and then I one hit ko the boss. I mostly use Vivi friend captains that heal me up every single round so I survive most things that do less than 3000 damage.

My team right now is
Log Luffy Captain (lv 35)
3* Sanji (20)
4* Pound Zoro (26)
3* Usopp (20)
4* Mirage Tempo Nami (28)

I need more pirate level and COST to be able to equip Whitey Bay for Nami and Killer for Sanji. Have no dragon for Usopps evolution yet.
Tried farming Alvida, but she's not dropping.

I don't understand how rounds work. When I looked up a guide to beat Smoker, Smoker never attacked the guy first and was on 6 rounds cooldown. For me, he always started with his special and then was on 7 rounds cooldown. Is this supposed to be random?

While using a vivi friend might seem like the best idea, double of the same lead produces a much better outcome. Log luffy for instance is a 4x attack boost if you land good then great then perfect. With two of them that attack boost doesnt become 8x it becomes 16x as multipliers multiply. Meaning if you can just survive the smoker first strike you could probably one shot the smoker by having your last two hits being the two log luffys or nearly one shot him if your units levels are still low.

Also are you using the baratie or merry ship? You may or may not know it but level the merry ship as it eventually gives an attack boost, until it does baraties hp boost can help-but dont level the baratie.

For pirate level experience the fortnights on event isle are the best. Alvida is an earlier one so it's super easy and has low experience. But it is good to try to get one copy before she leaves at least. Then jump on the okama if you can handle it or Brook when he returns, Ryuma who appears in brooks fortnight-SUPER low chance to appear-is one of the best slasher PSY units we have on global and the best Free to play psy slasher on global.

Last update on global introduced new features, one of which is some story mode bosses do extra things, like hachi blinding, and smoker doing a first strike for a good chunk of damage. Originally those weren't in the game so any video or guide from before that update will show how he originally was.

Also for rounds, if an enemy does a first strike usually that counts as a turn for specials, such as if they last 3 turns that counts as 1, and if you need more turns to charge the special that counts as one as well.

Some enemies really will have a near random turn count. Like on raids, some zombie teams have failed the earlier raids because the first stage all the enemies started with a 1 turn cooldown when it's random.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Aw, was a lilttle hopeful. Ah well. I've picked up 13 skillbooks so far, and I have and extra 4* Alvida I pulled during sugo. Unless I run into space issues, I'll probably hold onto them as I have terrible luck with skill ups otherwise. (Feed em 5 at a time and I get zero! lol)

you can level up someone's skill by feeding them skillbooks or a character that has the same special. (with a little luck)

So, Dorry, Broggy, and Gaimon can all be fed to each other for skill ups.

Majukun

Got one Ávida book in the last 15 runs...

One.

T.T
I'm at 20 for now.. the objective should be at least 25,but I will waste a bit of stamina on the turtle time today because I need to evolve curiel to free some space.. hopefully it will not take many turtles.. it's at Lv 41 and needs to get to 50

we are still gold for 40 minutes.. Anyone wanna tap?

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I'm at 14 books. I'm gonna just gem through runs later tonight and see if I can get to 20-25. I really want the WB Boat.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
The Okama fortnight is also still completely frightening, I literally turn away every time Elizabeth's special happens.

I'm just using natural stamina for the remainder of the event to collect as many croc/apoo books as I can. I think I've also gone and given up on my previous candy farming goal completely, mainly because it's soul crushingly boring. A terrible return on investment given the amount of stamina needed, but beyond that time spent. I don't play OPTC for a living and refuse to. Just going to wait for when it actually becomes available through regular events, etc.

RalchAC

The Okama fortnight is also still completely frightening, I literally turn away every time Elizabeth's special happens.

Yeah, it was just horrible. Hopefully I get a Sanji drop soon next week. I don't plan to do the island more than necessary.

I'm just using natural stamina for the remainder of the event to collect as many croc/apoo books as I can. I think I've also gone and given up on my previous candy farming goal completely, mainly because it's soul crushingly boring. A terrible return on investment given the amount of stamina needed, but beyond that time spent. I don't play OPTC for a living and refuse to. Just going to wait for when it actually becomes available through regular events, etc.

That's the way to talk, lucy!

Hopefully we get Cotton Candy 30 minutes islands soon :p

RedBoot

I actually don't mind the Okama event, since it gives me a chance to run some PSY teams for once (and I still find Elizabeth's special to be hilarious). I'm actually doing pretty well on Apoo books (10ish) and Robin books (12ish, and I already have her at lv.3). If I kept farming it for the next week, I'd probably end up with a healthy amount of each, but there's also a lot I want in Brook's fortnight (Brook copies, Wapol books, and blue pigs to level Enel and Okama Sanji), so I'll probably switch over to that.

I'd like to get Apoo to a 15-17 turn cooldown though, that would be functional enough until the next fortnight with his books comes around in the future. We'll see how the RNG treats me.

I've updated my Battle Simulator spreadsheet to include all of the current Raid Bosses.

See here: http://www.onepiecestrategy.com/2016/01/raid-boss-simulator-spreadsheet-updated.html

Wish I had finished up the Enel spreadsheet before he actually came out, but it ended up being a BUTT to program for, thanks to his Buff clearing special every 3 turns. As always, let me know if any of them are busted. Especially Enel, although I think I've tested it enough.

ElChado

Neo Member
We're finally here. The last week of the Electric Boogaloo event. The worst part of the 3 week spectacular where most people went "huh it's 3 weeks?", and realize the only special things this week is turtles on snails and half stamina.

Now to look forward to brook ranking, possible(probably not) news tuesday when psy rate up leaves, if there's a raid this week too and what it is and if any news comes with the arrival or leave of the raid.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I just want a small QCK-up sugo. That's all I want!

I'm at 20 Alvida books. I'll try to get to 25 by tomorrow and call it. Then natural stamina for the Okama fortnight even though I'm not ready for that crazy dude's special.

Majukun

so, when they usually give info on the new event? last time on reddit people were waiting for it, so it follows a pattern

so, when they usually give info on the new event? last time on reddit people were waiting for it, so it follows a pattern

Tonight. Always happens the Tuesday before the current event ends. Expect new Fortnight announcement as well, and POTENTIALLY Water 7 and a new Version (4.0 maybe!) as well since it's been quite some time since either of those.

RalchAC

Tonight. Always happens the Tuesday before the current event ends. Expect new Fortnight announcement as well, and POTENTIALLY Water 7 and a new Version (4.0 maybe!) as well since it's been quite some time since either of those.

Oh, that's nice. Hopefully we get some juicy stuff, since the next event should cover the game first year anniversary.

I fully expect it to be a "log in and receive a free Valentine Perona and/or Vivi" and a skill up event. I'm trying to avoid the grand fashion of hyping up OPTC arbitrary milestones as to not disappoint myself.

Oh, that's nice. Hopefully we get some juicy stuff, since the next event should cover the game first year anniversary.

I fully expect it to be a "log in and receive a free Valentine Perona and/or Vivi" and a skill up event. I'm trying to avoid the grand fashion of hyping up OPTC arbitrary milestones as to not disappoint myself.

Skill Up has to happen, it's been too long. A login character is likely as well. Water 7 is pretty expected because we're over the monthly island quota. The only thing I have going for a new Version update is the fact we haven't gotten a new one in months.

Tidd

We will get nothing! NOTHING!!!!
I just don't want to be disappointed, so i expect the worse.

And I believe we always got the new event updates on wednesday/thursday 7pm OPTC time.

Top Bottom