• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Also, it mentions "new character classes" so we might be jumping right into the freedom and knowledge units so what was it the Revolutionaries sugo that first introduced them?

It's not looking good for the SW Strawhats.

Also, it mentions "new character classes" so we might be jumping right into the freedom and knowledge units so what was it the Revolutionaries sugo that first introduced them?

It's not looking good for the SW Strawhats.

Sabo Sugo was confirmed coming next the instant Water 7 was announced because the Franky that you get for completing it boosts Freedom characters.

So Doffy has 2 sockets and it looks like Gamewith recommends anti-gloom and cool down reduction and for Enel with 3 sockets they recommend anti-lock, anti-gloom, and cool down reduction.

For anyone feeding Blackbeards, it's recommended not to put anti-gloom on him as you can use the HP cut to activate your specials.

The orb matching socket really only seems to be used when you have 4 or more sockets although I'm curious as to when using the auto-heal socket would be recommended.

Anti Lock and Anti Silence is pretty much a must on damn near every good unit, with Orb Matching and Cooldown Reduction following after.

Anti Lock and Anti Silence is pretty much a must on damn near every good unit, with Orb Matching and Cooldown Reduction following after.

I'd argue cool down reduction is more important than anti-lock and anti-silence especially when stalling can make or break your chances of beating a raid boss. Also, there isn't going to be a situation where cool down reduction isn't going to be useful whereas not every enemy will use a status effect on you. Anti-lock seems much more useful since locking is a more common status effect. Anti-silence should really just be a priority on HP boosting captains that aren't Blackbeard.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Glad that we are getting 4.0 soon... This means I can finally get serious about farming Doffy and Co. in the future.

Getting Zephyr anytime soon would be cool as well.

linkent

tWwp3eA.jpg

Next week confirmed!

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Those 30 or so luffys may hopefully max out my log luffy in no time. With no skill ups, that'll at least free up some slots. Pretty exciting!

Copons

Yay sockets!

But...

How do sockets work?

I've read the Reddit Wiki and it doesn't make much sense to me. Probably when I see them everything will be obvious, but still.

As I understand, I'll be able to activate up to 5 abilities on a character, choosing from a pool of 10 abilities randomly skilled up with dupes and (not randomly?) with socket books.

When I have enough points on an ability to activate it, I can put it in a socket.
But what escapes me is the "overwrite" thing.
Does it mean that if I put an ability in a socket, then replace it with another ability, the former reset to 0 points?
And what's the point of discarding an ability skill-up?

Also, is there a recommended list of abilities per (important) characters?

RalchAC

For what I know it is:

1. There are 10 different skills you can learn. A character may have from 1 to 5 slots that can be filled with some of those skills.
2. A character can get up to 5 points in each of the skills he's learnt.
3. There are various tiers. The higher, the more efficient it is.
4. When you start fighting, the skills points from your party (friend captain included) are added to a single pool. If you have a character with 5 in anti silence in your Mihawk, Along and Crocodile, it equals to 15 points. The game then unlocks a buff that automatically reduces silence by 2 at the end of the turn.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys, since I don't play JP.

I think the Japanese version got an update where you couldn't get points in skills you had already maxed. Hopefully we get that from the very beginning.

Sockets are pretty simple, honestly.

1.There's 10 skills in total, but a large chunk of them suck or are unreliable.

(genuinly good = lock resist, gloom resist, skill cooldown, orb manip and in some cases auto-heal; the remaining skills might have niche uses but aren't that impressive)

2. socket books are ONLY a thing because good luck finding dupes for some characters, e.g. whitebeard & RR chars like the supernovaea.

You feed socket books mostly to legends without dupes (e.g. non-shanks/luffylucci legends); second to those RR-pool only units like the supernovaea might be a place to put them.

Using socket books on any unit with a steady source of dupes is a bit of a waste. (e.g. using them on luffy or a strawhat)

3. the skills only activate in a cummulative way.

e.g. if a skill's level 1 version is "10 points" that requires 2 maxed chars on your team before you even get the skill.

4. you'll always get a skill, but due to there being 10 that randomly pop up in theory socketing can take more time than skill ups.

If a character has 1 socket (mihawk) there's a 9/10 chance to get the wrong socket ability, so in his case the success rate would fall below a skillbook's; 10%

Unless my math is off the characters with 4-5 sockets like legendaries are easier to socket up properly cause more sockets = a decreased chance of a "bad socket".

5. sockets are valued by how much they'll help clear content that'd be hard.without them.

The reason lock/gloom resistance are seen so fondly in Japan is because a lot of boss raids/harder content has "fun" stuff like your entire team getting locked or a 1 turn gloom basically making 2x HP captains pointless.

Keep in mind that if a team has 3 sockets on each member that's 15x6 = 90 points of socket skills, and most max out around 20-25, so realistically speaking you'll be able to max at least 3 sockets.

(some teams are built more around sockets than other though, e.g. legends have 4-5 sockets each so basically guarantee up to 50 socket points in a wb/wb team; contrast this to double mihawk only guaranteeing 10.

ElChado

Neo Member
they still have to give us the entire new event..

I figured the daily strawhat thing would be IN the next daily gem event. Now that it isn't it's got me a bit hyped maybe it has a lot of good stuff already?

There HAS to be a skill up in it, either feb 2nd or feb 9th.

Probably another clash of clashes, or maybe, as i like to call it, the Ultimate Clash of Clashes, doffy enel and introducing Aokiji.

Maybe finally a friend point event, could be another one of those story units in it events.

Regardless, the news we're missing still is next fortnight, next daily gem event.

So, when do we expect that? when chopper comes? Leaves? Or will they tease us until Sunday to find out.

Copons

Sockets are pretty simple, honestly.

This makes things clearer, but I still have some doubts.

Quoting from Reddit's wiki:

Overwriting
To overwrite an ability, simply place another ability in the socket it originally used.
Note: Overwriting will result in the original ability being reset to 0 points

Does this mean that, if I replace an ability in a socket, the replaced one loses all its points?

Acquiring and Levelling
Unlike regular skill ups, socket points are guaranteed. However, you will randomly get a point for one of the ten sockets per dupe/book, which you can then choose to keep or discard. If you keep it, the ability will be socketed/levelled up. If you discard it, you will lose the point gained.

What's the deal with discarding points?
Do characters have a point cap, so you better avoid increasing bad abilities?
Or maybe, when an ability has a point it starts getting more RNG probabilities to get other points (so, again, better avoid points on bad abilities)?

Or... you simply don't have control over sockets, so the game automatically activates the first 1-6 skilled-up abilities, and only then you are allowed to replace one of them with another (losing points)?

Does this mean that, if I replace an ability in a socket, the replaced one loses all its points?

Or maybe, when an ability has a point it starts getting more RNG probabilities to get other points (so, again, better avoid points on bad abilities)?

Or... you simply don't have control over sockets, so the game automatically activates the first 1-6 skilled-up abilities, and only then you are allowed to replace one of them with another (losing points)?

Each socket has a max of 5 points. Say the character you're trying to fill is Prison Croc and he has 2 sockets. Hypothetically you feed him 5 dupes and you get 5 socket points, 3 anti-lock, 1 cool down reduction, and 1 auto heal. Since you want the anti-lock and cd reduction you accept those and discard the auto heal point. Now your Croc should have both sockets filled but with anti-lock with 3 out 5 points and cd reduction with 1 out of 5 points. Now you just have to keep feeding until you get those socket points to get to 5 out of 5 in those two abilities and you would discard any points you might get that aren't those two abilities.

Now suppose you later decide you want anti-lock and anti-silence instead of anti-lock and cd reduction. The next time you feed and get an anti-silence point, you replace your cd reduction socket with the anti-silence one. This will put your Croc at one 5/5 anti-lock socket and one 1/5 anti-silence socket. This will however delete any points you had in cool down reduction so if you wanted those again you would have to restart from 0.

Also, I think I heard that once you get 5/5 in one socket ability, you won't get that any more ability points for that ability when you feed that unit copies which makes it a bit easier to socket the rest of your abilities.

Also, I think I heard that once you get 5/5 in one socket ability, you won't get that any more ability points for that ability when you feed that unit copies which makes it a bit easier to socket the rest of your abilities.

Yep this is the big reason why technically it's "easier" to socket characters with multiple sockets over those with 1-2.

Every full 5/5 socket diminishes the odds of getting the "wrong" socket point by decreasing the pool of options.

a Whitebeard with 4 completed 5/5 sockets would have a 1/6 chance of getting the right one out of the remaining skills. So even if the final socket was completely empty it'd still be slightly higher than a skillup chance outside of events for each attempt.

Imagine this:

You have a Mihawk you socketed once with +1 meat points. (so 1/5 meat skill)

Mihawk only has 1 socket slot.

You decide to feed this Mihawk 5 more Mihawks.

You get 5 random points:

+1 meat
+3 orb chance
+ 1 lock resistance.

Your Mihawk now has:

+ 2 meat
+ 3 orb chance
+ 1 lock resistance.

However Mihawk only has 1 slot!

So at this point you must discard 2 out of these 3 options.

Eventhough Mihawk already had a meat socket, I'd rather have the +3 orb chance; so I pick that as my new main socket.

after picking and pressing "okay" the +2 meat & +1 lock vanish permanently.

Mihawk's socket is now a 3/5 orb change socket.

Make sense?

Copons

Each socket has a max of 5 points. Say the character you're trying to fill is Prison Croc and he has 2 sockets. Hypothetically you feed him 5 dupes and you get 5 socket points, 3 anti-lock, 1 cool down reduction, and 1 auto heal. Since you want the anti-lock and cd reduction you accept those and discard the auto heal point. Now your Croc should have both sockets filled but with anti-lock with 3 out 5 points and cd reduction with 1 out of 5 points. Now you just have to keep feeding until you get those socket points to get to 5 out of 5 in those two abilities and you would discard any points you might get that aren't those two abilities.

Now suppose you later decide you want anti-lock and anti-silence instead of anti-lock and cd reduction. The next time you feed and get an anti-silence point, you replace your cd reduction socket with the anti-silence one. This will put your Croc at one 5/5 anti-lock socket and one 1/5 anti-silence socket. This will however delete any points you had in cool down reduction so if you wanted those again you would have to restart from 0.

Thanks!
So basically all socket operations are only done at skill-up time.
That's a bit weird, but not having to juggle abilities all the time should be a great relief for people like me that don't like to think. :D

Thanks!
So basically all socket operations are only done at skill-up time.
That's a bit weird, but not having to juggle abilities all the time should be a great relief for people like me that don't like to think. :D

Yeah, though if you realise you've given characters the wrong socket abilities. (ones you don't like or say: more anti-lock than you'd ever need) you can always do the skill up thing to change them again.

It's just a slow and time consuming process.

Majukun

basically, socket a guy might need even more copies than a max skill attempt, But those copies don't clog your storage since you can do it when you want.
at least until Namco doesn't debut the 'double socket per unit' event or the '2x probability of x socket event'

Majukun

Since i have a 4 g3. Can i Feed all of them to My Main g3 or Should i Build Different g3?

it's on you really..sure having the same character with different configurations might be useful sometimes..but it's extremely consuming in terms of time and resources

especially counting that g3 it's more or less a "last chance" type of captain..usually you are better using someone else if you can,since with g3 a single mistake can compromise an entire run

RalchAC

Nifty.

Blackbeard teams are going to be difficult to not put Anti Silence on. Wish they'd enable a feature to disable certain Socket effects if you don't want them even if you meet the requirements.

Not really. The socket ability triggers at the start of your turn, so you will lose your HP anyway.

I think. I mean, I don't play JP.

Majukun

Not really. The socket ability triggers at the start of your turn, so you will lose your HP anyway.

I think. I mean, I don't play JP.

nope,if your silence protection is at least of an equal number of turns of the gloom inflicted,you are not gonna lost hp,it protects you just like you straight up don't get locked if you have the lock protection
so..yeah,if you plan to put someone on a blackbeard team,do NOT put anti silence on him,since you'll lose a big chance to use his special

nope,if your silence protection is at least of an equal number of turns of the gloom inflicted,you are not gonna lost hp,it protects you just like you straight up don't get locked if you have the lock protection
so..yeah,if you plan to put someone on a blackbeard team,do NOT put anti silence on him,since you'll lose a big chance to use his special

Pretty much.

The two BB teams I have really have no way of avoiding it once it's fully socketed because not putting Silence on the other characters would screw other teams they'd be in.

Majukun

Pretty much.

The two BB teams I have really have no way of avoiding it once it's fully socketed because not putting Silence on the other characters would screw other teams they'd be in.

well i wouldn't worry for now..most of the members that are great for blackbeard teams (red and high hp) are mostly rare recruit so you are not gonna max them anytime soon..the only one "easy" it's monster chopper..that's why i'm gonna give him anti lock and matching orb

socket lesson here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6hkUbXvAR4

The Reddit is hilarious to me. I make a sarcastic comment about feeding Doffy's and I get down voted more than anyone on the entire page. It's an amusing reminder of how young most of the games players are.

mileS

I am just now starting to come to terms with all the game systems and how everything works and here comes this update. Oh my. I know a lot of you have been waiting a while for it to hit global so I'm happy for you, but damn this is going to make me feel even further behind. My stash space is low still, and I don't have many copies of anything to start unlocking stuff.

I'm still trying to get the to point where I can get a rainbow dragon to evolve my Sengoku. I can clear up the the point of the boss just fine, but he 2-3 shots me. I suppose I could eventually kill him if I used a bunch of gems but ugh..

Majukun

I am just now starting to come to terms with all the game systems and how everything works and here comes this update. Oh my. I know a lot of you have been waiting a while for it to hit global so I'm happy for you, but damn this is going to make me feel even further behind. My stash space is low still, and I don't have many copies of anything to start unlocking stuff.

I'm still trying to get the to point where I can get a rainbow dragon to evolve my Sengoku. I can clear up the the point of the boss just fine, but he 2-3 shots me. I suppose I could eventually kill him if I used a bunch of gems but ugh..

i'm still trying to get a legend :p

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Which team do you use ? Its been a while but with Mirage Tempo Nami and Golden Pound Usopp as team members you should have enough time to take him out.

Just the fact that you have Sengoku alone gives you something a significant portion of us might never get, not even with time.

Anyway sockets won't put you that much further behind, as long as you can clear fortnights you should be able to easily get access to dupes of characters & they'll only help make it easier for you to clear content.

Can you name some of the toughest islands/bosses you've been able to clear?

RedBoot

Aren't we going to get some rainbow evolvers for free as part of the current campaign? I don't know if a dragon is included or not, though.

Anyway, happy to see sockets. Though boo on Bamco for releasing it on the same day as Cyber Sleuth. I only have so much free time to give you, Bamco!

Also, more importantly, it looks like Japan's getting a Marguerite unit soon, probably in the next fortnight. She was always one of my favorite characters who didn't get enough screentime. :p

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
On the topic of slots/sockets, it's great it was announced/released this early. I figured they'd make us do more of these raids in a 'hard mode'-esque manner. Also, admittedly I was very apprehensive and believed it wasn't coming till later so I'll definitely take that L. Good on those who were resilient and patient to save whatever they've deemed worthwhile thus far! I just hope they increase our box space next week as well to allow more machinations on our respective ends.

The Reddit is hilarious to me. I make a sarcastic comment about feeding Doffy's and I get down voted more than anyone on the entire page. It's an amusing reminder of how young most of the games players are.

I saw that. It wasn't even reeeally sarcasm... you had a point.

That sub downvotes everything though, I question a good deal of a player's intentions with some of the stuff I've seen on the frontpage and commented upon over the past year. It's no different from when players on that sub freaked out about being able to farm/beat Enel/Eneru immediately then fed said copies of Doffy immediately... then got upset... then he came back basically the following week... *shrugs*

mileS

Didn't mean to rub it in about having Sengoku and saying I'm behind. Re-rolled insane amounts from the first Sugofest of this month until I got him. So trust me I paid for it lmao. Paid in alllll that time I'll never get back. Had both my tablet and phone going at the same time. I'm behind in plvl and character levels. I'm plvl 57. Been leveling Sengoku on the side with spare turtles. He is 70 but I haven't used him much due to the high unit cost.

Running most stuff with
4* Law - lvl 60
4* Mr. 3 - lvl 56
5* Ashura Ichibugin Zoro - lvl 47
Max Golden Pound Usopp
Mirage Tempo: The Heavens Nami -lvl 58

The rainbow dragon will 2-3 shot me most of the time.

Hana-Bi

Oh man, I'm farming Wapol for the last two days and also want a blue lobster on stage 1. Of course both didn't drop. But I got 6 red lobster instead of one silly blue one...

RedBoot

I've been farming Dalton for far longer than I should

I gave up on him after seeing the new Wapol fortnight in Japan, since he's obtainable there. I switched to Chess and Kuromarimo, who are eluding me thus far.

As for lobsters, I got like 8 INT lobsters back when I used to farm Mr. 3. I was selling them at one point. Never did get Mr. 3 to drop, but I pulled him in a sugo eventually.

Kyou

I gave up on him after seeing the new Wapol fortnight in Japan, since he's obtainable there. I switched to Chess and Kuromarimo, who are eluding me thus far.

*throws hands up in the air*

I got ChessMarimo pretty easily, guess I'll just go do Wapol

Didn't mean to rub it in about having Sengoku and saying I'm behind. Re-rolled insane amounts from the first Sugofest of this month until I got him. So trust me I paid for it lmao. Paid in alllll that time I'll never get back. Had both my tablet and phone going at the same time. I'm behind in plvl and character levels. I'm plvl 57. Been leveling Sengoku on the side with spare turtles. He is 70 but I haven't used him much due to the high unit cost.

Running most stuff with
4* Law - lvl 60
4* Mr. 3 - lvl 56
5* Ashura Ichibugin Zoro - lvl 47
Max Golden Pound Usopp
Mirage Tempo: The Heavens Nami -lvl 58

The rainbow dragon will 2-3 shot me most of the time.

Try using Mirage Nami, Alvida, and GP Usopp. If you layer their specials correctly, you should have no problem beating the Rainbow Dragon.

Top Bottom