• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Alright OPTC Gaf, I have a conundrum. As it stands I only have 2 level ups on my Monster Chopper. If I were to get rid of all my small turtles and pigs, it would put me at 485/500 inventory space, which isn't really much space to farm anything. HOWEVER, in my inventory right now are 18 Whitebeard skill books and as a lengendary-less peasant, I have no Whitebeard. Is it worth it to delete these skill books to free up space to potentially farm 30 MCs right before sockets are released and presumably a skill up event or should I hold on to the books and find it deep inside the pessimistic depths of my heart a glimmer of hope that I might one day pull a Whitebeard?

koryuken

I threw away all my WB skillbooks and eventually got a WB. I had to farm Kraken isle like gem like mad to max his special. it wasn't fun, but i don't regret not holding on to his books.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Alright OPTC Gaf, I have a conundrum. As it stands I only have 2 level ups on my Monster Chopper. If I were to get rid of all my small turtles and pigs, it would put me at 485/500 inventory space, which isn't really much space to farm anything. HOWEVER, in my inventory right now are 18 Whitebeard skill books and as a lengendary-less peasant, I have no Whitebeard. Is it worth it to delete these skill books to free up space to potentially farm 30 MCs right before sockets are released and presumably a skill up event or should I hold on to the books and find it deep inside the pessimistic depths of my heart a glimmer of hope that I might one day pull a Whitebeard?

It's harder to drop those books than it is to farm copies of MC. So I'm in the "deep inside the pessimistic depths of my heart a glimmer of hope that I might one day pull a Whitebeard" camp.

Depending on your hope for flexibility with playing the game the next bit, that could also be your answer as 4.0 could also bring a box space update. Also knowing Bamco, they'll predictably have the skill up during the second week of the new event. So worst case you could still be holding onto all those MCs for a full extra week. With whatever new event is going on, plus throw in another Sugo, and these mail gifts we keep getting.

Lastly, holding books worked for Chrono, so he's living proof. I wouldn't hesitate to drop some evolvers if you've got some, minus lobsters and rainbow units perhaps. Regardless, good luck Zeke.

ElChado

Neo Member
Also knowing Bamco, they'll predictably have the skill up during the second week of the new event. .

I really really hope it is the first week of the event. There's lots of people at 500 right now or extremely close. Hell im at 480ish and im trying to get more apoo books and make room for them. If the next fortnight has ANYTHING good at all im screwed if the skill up is week 2 not week 1.

Last skill up was during the first week of a fortnight, prison crocs fortnight, so it would make sense this skill up is during the second week of a fortnight, but we can dream still...

chrono01

Lastly, holding books worked for Chrono, so he's living proof. I wouldn't hesitate to drop some evolvers if you've got some, minus lobsters and rainbow units perhaps. Regardless, good luck Zeke.
Listen to this man, keep your books! The moment you sell/fuse away your books, the sooner that unit will fall into your hands and be unable to skill up him/her.

Disclaimer - Might not work for Legend units. Probably wouldn't work for Legend units, so don't get your hopes up!

I should get rid of my g3 books...
Now there's a thought!

Majukun

well,for what i think that if you are gonna discard wb's books,your chances to get him next sugo will shoot up 300% (too bad it will still be a really low chance)
i did it with izo's books and i got it last sugo :p

Kumo

I should get rid of my g3 books...

G3's special is pretty worthless. No reason to waste box space like that unless you can afford to.

Also, finally!!! SOCKETS HYPE! Now I can go ahead and farm all those raid bosses without worrying about spending my gems efficiently. Thank you Based Bamco.

Recent FNs+Raids have put a hurting on my box:
28 Doffy dupes
11 Garp dupes
11 BB dupes
03 Enel dupes
29 K.Nami books
06 K.Nami dupes
11 K.Zoro dupes
28 K.Luffy dupes
13 Alvida books
01 Evolved Alvida dupe
02 Poison Croc books
04 Apoo books
08 Perona dupes
03 Daz Bones dupes
03 Prisoner Croc dupes
10 Kumacy books
11 Kumacy dupes
11 Dogpin books

I've also been, fruitlessly, holding onto 8 WB, 10 Ray and 8 Kuma books despite not owning any of the 3.

I'll probably dump the Kumacy and Dogpin stuff. IDK of any time I'd actually put Kumacy on a team. While I WAS thinking Dogpin might be useful for Princess Turtle Isles, that's probably wrong and a bad reason to clog up my inventory with him.

Kyou

The moment you sell/fuse away your books, the sooner that unit will fall into your hands and be unable to skill up him/her.

Now there's a thought!

4KkFwwt.png

I think I've decided to keep the books. Even if I did farm Chopper, it wouldn't be nearly enough to max and I would have to do it again anyway. Looking ahead at the next few possible fortnights, it doesn't like there will be many books or notable characters I'll want to definitively farm so I don't anticipate box space being a huge issue for the next skill up cycle, plus it's possible we could get more space with the 4.0 update. If we do get a Sugo, I fully expect it to be the day before a skill up event as it seems we've done in the past so like Lucy said, it won't hurt to have box space then.

xrokis

next fortnight will be afro luffy!

cool that sockets are finally coming, now we only need sw batch and zephyr.

got my second croc a few days ago and got to use all his saved up skillbooks. only one level missing and boxspaced saved :)

RedBoot

I was kind of expecting Afro Luffy, actually. Good fortnight to kick off sockets with. Well, for those of you that have G3, anyway. I guess I'll be socketing up G2 (for Sengoku teams) and Afro Luffy (because why not?).

Impel Down fortnights still a ways off. Gonna be weird to get Shooter/Fighter/Slasher fortnights when we already have Freedom units and possibly more.

I wonder if it's worth it to skill up Kimono Luffy and just socket G3 with Afro Luffy copies. Changing bother orbs to STR orbs on a max 14 turn cool down doesn't seem all that necessary given the frequency of bother orbs in the Japanese fortnights.

Kyou

man chopper is kind of a joke now

did a boa/enel team and could almost just stall infinitely on the mobs until everyone was charged for Chopper and just beat the shit out of him

Kumo

Why are Poison Croc books so uncommon; is there like only 1 certain mob that drops it?

Nope, I've gotten 3 of them in a single run once. I wasn't paying attention to which mobs but I know the purple giant has a chance of dropping it.

That said, they still seem fairly uncommon. I have more Apoo books than Croc books right now.

I have 40 Apoo books and 26 Croc books and I've been running the fortnight almost exclusively since it came out. I wouldn't worry too much about Croc books since he only needs 5 skill ups and even then I don't know how much a limiting factor a higher cooldown for Croc will be when his primary use is for princess turtles. I do think I will be switching over to the Brook for the remaining days at this point, not that I could ever tire of the Okama event.

RalchAC

man chopper is kind of a joke now

did a boa/enel team and could almost just stall infinitely on the mobs until everyone was charged for Chopper and just beat the shit out of him

I have a 5 hours bus trip today. Perfect for farming MC! I will use either my Mihawk team or a QCK one with Ace/Enel or Jozu/Enel, since mine isn't evolved yet.

Gizuko

Managed to take down MC in the 30-sta mission (he dropped, too!) with a dual Jozu. MC is probably too easy right now, but it's my first successful clash. Guess I'm going to give 40-sta a try with jozu/enel.

I'm stuck at 2M in the rankings though, which is a shame.

Tidd

Free SW Ace for everyone? Wow That's nice Bandai. :) o would create 737272 fake Facebook accounts for this and like their page all day xD
Fun fact: Global SW Ace will suck.. Worst legend so far.

Free SW Ace for everyone? Wow That's nice Bandai. :) o would create 737272 fake Facebook accounts for this and like their page all day xD

Free Legends? Oh, you.

Interesting that we're getting SW Ace and Mihawk Sugo though. Sabo usrely has to come before Water 7.

Tidd

Free Legends? Oh, you.

Interesting that we're getting SW Ace and Mihawk Sugo though. Sabo usrely has to come before Water 7.

If they give us a free legend (which they won't) every Japanese player would rage for the first time ever. xD
I believe you said it earlier: Global is not Japan ;)

If they give us a free legend (which they won't) every Japanese player would rage for the first time ever. xD
I believe you said it earlier: Global is not Japan ;)

It is not indeed.

Looking at the dates, I'm guessing the first half of the event will be Likes for Princess and Elder turtles (possibly socket books as well) and the second half will be Gems for SW Ace and Mihawk Sugo, then possibly Sabo Sugo later in the month when Water 7 drops.

OR they could do Sabo Sugo on the 7-9th and the Likes for that event could be to get us SW Ace and Mihawk come with that Sugo as well, earlier than they normally would.

Majukun

sarcasm? I read on reddit it's one of the best legends in the game

by the way, I already did my share last time, so I can't really like them twice... princess turtles are cool, 2 new legends a bit useless since we are gonna get them anyway sooner or later, and it's not like I'm gonna pull one anyway..

Well I just died to 40 sta chopper because I actually don't remember what teams I used to beat him at all in the past.

I think I'll stick to farming brook some more instead.

It's a joke from when he came out on Japan. No one really knew how to use him for a good while and a lot of people widely considered him one of the worst Legends in the game, even under Pre-Buff Sengoku.

Kyou

by the way, I already did my share last time, so I can't really like them twice... princess turtles are cool, 2 new legends a bit useless since we are gonna get them anyway sooner or later, and it's not like I'm gonna pull one anyway..
All us no legend people should go slaughter a goat under a blood moon or something to appease the luck gods

I imagine he combines extremely well with the orb matching socket, right?

Everyone benefits from it really, but yes. SW Ace Shooter teams are one of the most face roll teams Japan has at the moment, though they don't really shine the most until Ace's Ship, Zephyr and Heracles'n comes out.

Tidd

It was semi-sarcasm. But until we get Zephyr that's more or less true. :(

RalchAC

Everyone benefits from it really, but yes. SW Ace Shooter teams are one of the most face roll teams Japan has at the moment, though they don't really shine the most until Ace's Ship, Zephyr and Heracles'n comes out.

The problem is that we don't have Shooters' orb and type booster and Heracles'n hasn't launched yet either, so Shooters best orb manipulation is Curiel

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
SW Ace and INT Mihawk ? Cool...guess i will pull one of them this upcoming Sugo - easy :)

Majukun

i hoped for a bit more..and i will be torn between doing the fortnight for luffy's sockets or trying to farm kaku and lucci during this double drop week

for the rest..the gift are a bit meh..2 sockets for luffy and zoro i suppose..for the princess turtle i don't know if i have a good team to farm that since for what i remember it's not really an easy thing to do

also..we have to wait till the 9 for the skillup event..luckily my monster chopper is already max..so i can dump those 40 copies immeidately to socket him

teach and mingo will have to wait.

Top Bottom