• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

i hoped for a bit more..and i will be torn between doing the fortnight for luffy's sockets or trying to farm kaku and lucci during this double drop week

The way I see it is: We have absolutely no guarantee there'll be another easy opportunity to farm luffy anytime soon, right?

Kimono/Halloween strawhats might be 1x year events.

Personally I own both G3 and Log Luffy, so for me luffy farming is basically essential. But even with only G3 I can imagine it'd be good to get as much of it out of the way when you can.

Majukun

The way I see it is: We have absolutely no guarantee there'll be another easy opportunity to farm luffy anytime soon, right?

Personally I own both G3 and Log Luffy, so for me luffy farming is basically essential. But even with only G3 I can imagine it'd be good to get as much of it out of the way when you can.

well...i can always hope to socket my g3 in a couple of days and then dedicate the rest to farming the 2 guys at water 7..we will see

if i had the space in the storage,i would have kept all those kimono luffy...thank god i can at least use the monster chopper i have on the 2th..that's 40 spaces freed

RalchAC

Man, farming 40 stamina bosses with >120 stamina is incredible. So many copies for a few gems.

I was going to farm 40-50, but I have mine at 21 already and I just remembered that Strawhats are easily farmable, so I will settle at 25 or so.

In Japan the Kimono and Okama Islands are brought on a normal schedule and those two were New Year and Valentines Day specials iirc.

Dunno about Global though.

Farming Kaku is a priority for me, since I don't have Law and he would be an awesome orb manipulator for Enel. I will probably do 4-7 runs a day and spend the rest of my stamina on fortnight farming, since story mode is booooring.

Majukun

soo...my anti princess turtle time i think will be

2x vista
DJ sanji
slasher croc (don't have the impact one,it's here for damage)
helmeppo v1

and then i have to decide..the team i saw used an hawkins but i don't have him...with a similiar special i have log chopper,but it's on a 20 cooldown and it's red,so no bonus damage..otherwise i have a rainbow dragon which is purple but halves defense just for one turn instead of the 3 of hawkins and chopper...or last but not least perona with her 80% reduction of defense AND 90% reduction of damage

i'll have to decide who is better...

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Oh man, so many things coming up!

Princess Turtles, 2x drop rate water 7, freaking slots, a QCK SUGO!?!?

This is gonna be nuts! I have a bunch of units to level, ie the newest WB batch. Hopefully we get enough room.

Also want legend Mihawk kinda bad.

Majukun

Oh man, so many things coming up!

Princess Turtles, 2x drop rate water 7, freaking slots, a QCK SUGO!?!?

This is gonna be nuts! I have a bunch of units to level, ie the newest WB batch. Hopefully we get enough room.

Also want legend Mihawk kinda bad.

is that legend mihawk worth benching regular raid mihawk?

pelicansurf

is that legend mihawk worth benching regular raid mihawk?

He's way better.

Imagine him and Doffy on a Log Luffy team vs whatever raid boss. You activate all specials, get some nice orbs, and you deal like 2 -3 million damage. The very next turn you activate Mihawk to deal 1-1.5 million damage. Raid over. His captain ability is basically 2.75 to slashers, so that's a win there. He also pairs up nicely with regular Mihawk so you'll never run out of captains!

Neat event, but man I wish skill up had been first. Gonna make Princess Turtle farming without Enel a pain. Ah well, maybe I can get lucky and get a Tilestone to drop.

Majukun

He's way better.

Imagine him and Doffy on a Log Luffy team vs whatever raid boss. You activate all specials, get some nice orbs, and you deal like 2 -3 million damage. The very next turn you activate Mihawk to deal 1-1.5 million damage. Raid over. His captain ability is basically 2.75 to slashers, so that's a win there. He also pairs up nicely with regular Mihawk so you'll never run out of captains!

but i don't have a log luffy :p
i don't even have a legend..let alone TWO

also..maybe i'm making the wrong calculation..but whatever ain't dead with 3 mln damage,it's gonna take > 1 mln damage from raid mihawk special anyway

but nevermind..before having the problem to decide i would actually need to pull him,which is at best improbable
Neat event, but man I wish skill up had been first. Gonna make Princess Turtle farming without Enel a pain. Ah well, maybe I can get lucky and get a Tilestone to drop.

don't you have a vista?

with him and helmeppo v1 you are basically set..sure it takes 7 minutes per run..but i don't think there's a team that can rush that

but i don't have a log luffy :p
i don't even have a legend..let alone TWO

also..maybe i'm making the wrong calculation..but whatever ain't dead with 3 mln damage,it's gonna take > 1 mln damage from raid mihawk anyway

but nevermind..before having the problem to decide i would actually need to pull him,which is at best improbable

don't you have a vista?

with him and helmeppo v1 you are basically set..sure it takes 7 minutes per run..but i don't think there's a team that can rush that

I've got pretty much everyone except for Moria, Jimbei, Kuma, Boa, Sengoku, LL and Marco. Was just hoping for some easier units to farm them with so I could farm out as many as possible.

Hana-Bi

Well, MC is a strange raid for me. Okay I don't have free space at the moment but still...

I think a double Jozu, Kaku, Jimbei, Capone and GP works best for me. I'm using GP on the sea horse stage and then activate him again just before 20% of MC health.

RalchAC

Well, MC is a strange raid for me. Okay I don't have free space at the moment but still...

I think a double Jozu, Kaku, Jimbei, Capone and GP works best for me. I'm using GP on the sea horse stage and then activate him again just before 20% of MC health.

I'm using 2 Mihawk, Lucci, H. Zoros, Brook and Golden Pound Usopp. Easy win really.

RedBoot

just looked at the unit..is that a joke? ò_ò

it's one useless unit if i have ever seen one

We're getting him super-late. Japan got him somewhere around Whiskey Peak's release.

Not that he would have been any good back then, either. :p

If nothing else, the Afro Luffy fortnight should be part of the usual rotation, regardless of whether Kimono or Halloween gets repeated (I suspect we'll see the former again, but the latter only around the holiday).

I'll probably split time between the fortnight and Water 7 farming. Kuro's going to be the other fortnight alongside week 1 of Afro Luffy, so I can ignore that since I've already maxed GP.

Tilestone might actually be priority #1 for Water 7 though, since we're getting Princess Turtles. Although I think I can already make a team without him.

RedBoot

We've been getting weekly raids, we might end up getting him next week or during the skill up.

I think Mihawk, Iva, and Blackbeard have been away the longest, so I suspect we'll see those over the next few weeks. Maybe a quick return for Enel, too.

It'd be nice to get Blackbeard during the skill up. Mihawk and Iva have both been around during one in the past.

pelicansurf

Lol 50 stamina for princess turtles. Pretty steep, but I'm guessing the rewards make it worth it. Princess Turtle is equivalent to 3 Elder Turtles, with a 6 star rating (lol). 262,500 xp to INT units, 175k to everyone else.

Lol 50 stamina for princess turtles. Pretty steep, but I'm guessing the rewards make it worth it. Princess Turtle is equivalent to 3 Elder Turtles, with a 6 star rating (lol). 262,500 xp to INT units, 175k to everyone else.

Not to mention that Elder turtles are on 4 of the 5 waves, with the first wave being all teens and a solo Princess Turtle being a secret stage. Overall, 1 Princess Turtle run @ 50 is much more lucrative than 3 standard Turtle time runs @ 45 STA.

RedBoot

The stages also only have Daimyos and Elders, so something like one princess, two elders, and two daimyos is certainly worth the stamina. Not to mention the possibility of getting two princesses.

It looks like you're guaranteed at least one elder. After getting the worst drop set (4 treasures and one daimyo) 5 times in a row on this week's turtle time, I'm certainly open to better returns.

Majukun

I think Mihawk, Iva, and Blackbeard have been away the longest, so I suspect we'll see those over the next few weeks. Maybe a quick return for Enel, too.

It'd be nice to get Blackbeard during the skill up. Mihawk and Iva have both been around during one in the past.

mihawk would be perfect..gonna socket him immeiately..hopefully it will not take too many gems

teach would be ok too i have only 30 copies of him and he is still at 25 cd..so i'll probably to farm another 30 or something to be sure to max him..and hopefully giving him the right sockets

RedBoot

I'm convinced. Bring the Princess Turtles!

Should be a fun week next week.

Princess turtles are probably what will finally get me to start focusing on actually maxing some level 99 units. Right now, I generally just focus on getting everyone to 70-80, with only a few above that (Arlong at 95, Biker Smoker and Lucci at 92ish, Robin at 88).

Of course, we only get INTs for now. IF ONLY I HAD AN INT RAID BOSS TO MAX. :p

Decided to use my 26 Sir Crocodile books to see if I could free up some space and I managed to max him. I was feeling left out seeing all these QCK captains on my friends list while I'm sitting here running an Apoo captain to do Brook's isle and there's only one other Apoo friend on my list (shout out to Neorice). I figure I'll squeeze in 30 MCs until I make it to the 2nd when I can dump my Kimono copies which will solve my inventory woes.

I'm taking a bit of umbrage at Bandai for sending us 2 rainbow dragons to us in the next few days. I already have two and I don't remember how or when I got them so I really don't need two more. IF ONLY I HAD SOME SORT OF UNIT THAT REQUIRED ME TO USE THEM FOR EVOLUTION.

I am looking forward to owning my first 6* unit.

Kumo

Decided to use my 26 Sir Crocodile books to see if I could free up some space and I managed to max him. I was feeling left out seeing all these QCK captains on my friends list while I'm sitting here running an Apoo captain to do Brook's isle and there's only one other Apoo friend on my list (shout out to Neorice). I figure I'll squeeze in 30 MCs until I make it to the 2nd when I can dump my Kimono copies which will solve my inventory woes.

Edit: Never mind.

Princess turtles are probably what will finally get me to start focusing on actually maxing some level 99 units. Right now, I generally just focus on getting everyone to 70-80, with only a few above that (Arlong at 95, Biker Smoker and Lucci at 92ish, Robin at 88).

Of course, we only get INTs for now. IF ONLY I HAD AN INT RAID BOSS TO MAX. :p

I've got like 4-5 units maxed I believe, vista, robin, hawkins, G3, Marco and smoker iirc, but I maxed most of them due to getting turtles times when I had no single other good unit to max.

With doffy, enel, several good fortnights & a large number of raid bosses + gacha pulls I've got an arsenal of units to max for every color except for yellow basically. (I've got garp and rakuyo who are okay, story enel's already at 90)

princess turtle time sounds like a great place to get the materials to actually start getting more characters up a good amount over level 80-90.

For princess turtle time I have a boatload of chars I'd love to max, my new log luffy for one, slasher croc, whitey bay and a whole slew of RR units and raid bosses dating back to Mihawk.

Jayhawk

I've been avoiding the new fortnight and the secondary fortnight because I'm out of box space. I have to make sure I farm all the characters at least, and to finish the weekly ranking challenge. I need to figure out how I am going to survive until the 9th. D:

I'm not going to link it, because I feel like I'm starting to self promote too much, but Heng wrote a pretty great guide for Sockets on our site that you guys should check out.

I think pretty much everything there is to know about them has already been covered elsewhere, but it's nice to have some different perspectives sometimes.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I'm not going to link it, because I feel like I'm starting to self promote too much, but Heng wrote a pretty great guide for Sockets on our site that you guys should check out.

I think pretty much everything there is to know about them has already been covered elsewhere, but it's nice to have some different perspectives sometimes.

I just was casually browsing the page when i saw that Guide - good work. Link for anyone interested:

http://www.onepiecestrategy.com/2016/01/original-5-stars-updated-character.html#more

I also wanted to ask if you guys will upload a short Turtle Princess Guide in the next couple days ?

Kyou

I'm also in the "Get characters to 70 or 80 then give up on leveling" boat

it'll be nice to have princess turtles to easily push a few characters to max

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Really cool one year coming up, I like it.

The super success being the first week makes sense with the turtle event going at the same time. Of course the skill up is during the second week! Classic Bamco. I do wonder if the second part of the facebook event is a vote for either SW Ace or INT Mihawk...? Kind of surprised they would throw both at us right away for any upcoming Sugo.

Alright *tin foil hat time*. Part of me thinks a box upgrade is coming on February 2nd. That's the only way any of this works for max gem spending with Afro Luffy and players trying to socket and a raid at the end of next week (I gotta think Mihawk). A couple other surprises could still happen in 3 fortnights at once and the obvious one year Sugo. But the question is when does that happen given that second facebook event that only lasts two days.

Decided to use my 26 Sir Crocodile books to see if I could free up some space and I managed to max him.

I did this too, except I only need two skill ups currently. But I went 0/22! Shaking my damn head at that one, lol. Now I'm going back to try to collect some more. Really awesome you managed the skill max, right on time for the Princess too.

I did this too, except I only need two skill ups currently. But I went 0/22! Shaking my damn head at that one, lol. Now I'm going back to try to collect some more. Really awesome you managed the skill max, right on time for the Princess too.

I figured I'd go for it only because it seems like some teams stall for Helmeppo's special, in which case Croc's cooldown is irrelevant. And aside from princess turtles, I don't know in what other circumstances his special would be useful. Helmeppo's special is only really needed in instances where you run into the princess turtle secret stage but better to stall for it and not need it than need it and not have it. I got stupidly lucky with the Croc skill ups though and the fact that the books come back for the T-bone fortnight helped me make the decision to just go for it.

Hana-Bi

I'm done with the new fortnight. 13 skill books for Sir Crocodile (2 skill ups till max) and 20 skill books for Apoo (4 skill ups till max). Hope this is enough to max both of them.

I was wondering, as that other OP blog doesn't seem to ever do this:

Will you ever add more up-to-date suggestions for boss teams?

When an old boss comes around and I quickly look for guides, most of the guides for boss raids are only built around content available when they were first released & with very little information on what teams are safest/quickest etc.

Mazre

New batch of strawhats coming to JPN, looks like they'll be based on the timeskip 4* pre-timeskip and 5* post-timeskip. Zoro, Sanji, Chopper, Brook and Nico.

Top Bottom