• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Majukun

Is there any chance an underleveled sw shanks team with a heal/turn friend can't clear that princess turtle stage? (not farm, just clear once)

I was thinking of using squard and log nami too, with maybe jozu to boost hp a bit (he has the most out of all the characters in my box), but I don't want to waste 50sta.

I think shanks should ohko princesses, or at least let me kill her with the defense debuff but his CD is a bit too much.

hmm..usually levels don't really matter on a princess turtle stage since most of the things are too high defense to be overwhelmed..so you are usually just stuck doing combo damage.
BUT since i suppose this first princess turtle it's gonna be INT and you are using a psy team with shanks which gives plenty of matching orbs,it might be possible.
BUT levels now matter because if i remember correctly you need a good psy unit with a decent level nd a matching orb to kill an elder,and the stage has plenty of them

problem is,you have the two shanks that can take care of the boss princess and the eventual secret stage one..but to use two you ned to use a double shanks team which i don't think has enough hp to survive the other stages

what units that do fixed damage do you have other than DJ sanji?
do you have helmeppo v1?

So I'm going over my "fixed" damage units..

STR:
Fullbody
Kuma
arm point chopper (def cut)
LOG chopper (def cut)

DEX:
Perona (fixed damage + def cut)
goldenweek (def cut)

QUICK:
DJ Sanji
Killer (lol)
Dog Penguin
Eneru!
prisocroc (poison)
brook (def cut)
Sanji kimono (def cut)

PSY:
ENERU

INT:
Vista
General zombie (lol)
Krieg (poison)
Halloween Brook (poison)
Sir Dile (heavy poison)
Hawkins (def cut)
Helmeppo v1 (def null)

One interesting thing I've noticed while going over my units is that Halloween Brook heals nearly 4,5k while poisoning all enemies similarly to Krieg.

Wouldn't a +- level 50 H.Brook basically function like a krieg that provides a free heal? (my brook's level 48 and has 472 attack, so at 0.5 poison he'd still kill elders)

As far as I can tell you'll be stalling for 20 turns due to helmeppo v1 anyway, so any skill CD that's 20 or below won't make you stall longer.

Gizuko

hmm..usually levels don't really matter on a princess turtle stage since most of the things are too high defense to be overwhelmed..so you are usually just stuck doing combo damage.
BUT since i suppose this first princess turtle it's gonna be INT and you are using a psy team with shanks which gives plenty of matching orbs,it might be possible.
BUT levels now matter because if i remember correctly you need a good psy unit with a decent level nd a matching orb to kill an elder,and the stage has plenty of them

problem is,you have the two shanks that can take care of the boss princess and the eventual secret stage one..but to use two you ned to use a double shanks team which i don't think has enough hp to survive the other stages

what units that do fixed damage do you have other than DJ sanji?
do you have helmeppo v1?

Log Nami, who deals 5000 to one enemy, and Squard who is a bit underleveled and cuts my hp. But that's it, I don't have DJ Sanji nor helmeppo yet.

I was hoping to use Nami to deal with secret princesses and Shanks to beat the last one. Hp might be a problem as you pointed out, though.

Mazre

So does dog penguin kill the elders in Princess turtle island?

If so then I should be good with

vista/vista
sanji/krieg
dog penguin/helmeppo

stage breakdown
stall 1
krieg 2
dog penguin 3 / if princess pop sanji/vista/vista
sanji 4 / if princess pop sanji/vista/vista
helmeppo 5

I'm so happy I basically own every single unit adviced for this (that's obtainable) so far.

A lot of tier lists/unit ratings never mentiioned that with regards to croc, basil etc.

Dandte

So...my princess turtle time team will be

Vista max / Vista 57
Helmeppo 41 / Don Krieg 52
BLSanji 88 / Sanji Pen max

With the navy ship i have 51.520 hp and 797 recv. Sanji. Pen. and helmeppo are max skilled. Should be totally fine if the princess turtle can't appear before stage 3

Qmzn

Neo Member
is that legend mihawk worth benching regular raid mihawk?

He's way better.

Enh... I'm going to disagree. I have both in Japan in really good shape: max skill, 5 ability heal raid Mihawk, and 5 heal, 5 unlock, 4 cooldown, 4 silence Legend Mihawk. Thanks, 1/2 stamina event!

Against big QCK baddies, it's likely you'll still be bringing in the DEX for the raw damage. Even against PSY, raid and legend usually end up being interchangeable, and dual max-skilled raid captains usually lead to a faster clear time.

The first issue is that the raid special works with most any crew (even non-slashers), but the legendary special requires very specific burst slasher crews to prop it up. To compete with the pure percentage cut, you'll need a solid round without missed perfects, plus matching orbs, a slasher-type booster, and Doffy. The slasher-type booster shouldn't be facing reduced damage, which means having both Koza and Mr. 1 on hand, or at least Prisoner Daz Bones, at maxed levels because of their average attack stats. If you're fighting PSY and there's no debuff shield, a slasher delay special (such as Mr. 3's) + Whitey Bay is also viable.

Then the boss gets a round to potentially do something, after your burst and before the special. If that "something" is locking your captains, and you don't have the ability orbs or specials to clear that, you're screwed. If you tick the boss's HP under 20% in the burst and trigger a preemptive counterattack, you're screwed, unless you're going to negate the damage somehow. If it's a heal instead of a kill (i.e. Ivankov), you'd better hope you have the damage potential to burst a second time.

In most situations where you are creeping a boss up to a problematic HP trigger boundary, then boosting to secure the finish, raid Mihawk's special is a viable fire-and-forget option, while legendary Mihawk's requires a perfectly-metered burst that drops the bosses HP in an exact spot, while still providing enough damage to make the special worthwhile. With max level units and predictable orb setups, this can be done reliably, but with any variance in the mix, I find it very, very easy to screw things up.

The legendary special also currently requires a really, really long stall, which usually means being slotted for healing and cooldowns. It's a little easier with the coffin boat maxed, but sometimes you need to bring the Thousand Sunny's cannon to clear trash mobs. If Legend Mihawk's cooldown gets to a 17 or less, he'd probably be considered better overall, but his special manuals haven't landed yet. Even when they do, as Whitebeard owners know, leveling a legendary special is a specific sort of hell.

In short, Legend Mihawk's really designed for high-tier setups used by players with a lot of max level, max special units, often looking to farm the colosseum. If you just need a slasher boost captain, raid and legendary are practically interchangeable in most circumstances.

Another point worth noting is that combo defense shields severely reduce the viability of both units' specials. They are both considered single hit attacks, and unless you use a multi-hit special such as Nightmare Luffy's to drop the shield, you'll do 1 damage instead.

To bounce to some other topics, first, why are Brook dupes as rare as GP Usopp manuals on my Global account? Second, Parage Shot Sanji may be one of the best New Year's units next to Kimono Robin. He has excellent stats for a 10 cost unit, he's a 2x captain, and his skill's not bad either, making him pretty great for low-cost ranking. That, and he looks cool.

He might not be high-end, but I think it breaks the trend of nigh-useless Sanji units. Also got to see the newest Sanji's special in the Sugofest preview stage. It looks really cool. Cautiously optimistic that he'll break the trend even further, and have a solid effect, such as a 1-round boost for Toughness type.

alben

Neo Member
Also got to see the newest Sanji's special in the Sugofest preview stage. It looks really cool. Cautiously optimistic that he'll break the trend even further, and have a solid effect, such as a 1-round boost for Toughness type.

That's his special, but we dont know but how much. Blueno is 1,75 plus a 50% dmg reduction with a 19 CD (without books), so sanji is going to have a hard time proven his usefulness.

Enh... I'm going to disagree. I have both in Japan in really good shape: max skill, 5 ability heal raid Mihawk, and 5 heal, 5 unlock, 4 cooldown, 4 silence Legend Mihawk. Thanks, 1/2 stamina event!

Against big QCK baddies, it's likely you'll still be bringing in the DEX for the raw damage. Even against PSY, raid and legend usually end up being interchangeable, and dual max-skilled raid captains usually lead to a faster clear time.

The first issue is that the raid special works with most any crew (even non-slashers), but the legendary special requires very specific burst slasher crews to prop it up. To compete with the pure percentage cut, you'll need a solid round without missed perfects, plus matching orbs, a slasher-type booster, and Doffy. The slasher-type booster shouldn't be facing reduced damage, which means having both Koza and Mr. 1 on hand, or at least Prisoner Daz Bones, at maxed levels because of their average attack stats. If you're fighting PSY and there's no debuff shield, a slasher delay special (such as Mr. 3's) + Whitey Bay is also viable.

Then the boss gets a round to potentially do something, after your burst and before the special. If that "something" is locking your captains, and you don't have the ability orbs or specials to clear that, you're screwed. If you tick the boss's HP under 20% in the burst and trigger a preemptive counterattack, you're screwed, unless you're going to negate the damage somehow. If it's a heal instead of a kill (i.e. Ivankov), you'd better hope you have the damage potential to burst a second time.

In most situations where you are creeping a boss up to a problematic HP trigger boundary, then boosting to secure the finish, raid Mihawk's special is a viable fire-and-forget option, while legendary Mihawk's requires a perfectly-metered burst that drops the bosses HP in an exact spot, while still providing enough damage to make the special worthwhile. With max level units and predictable orb setups, this can be done reliably, but with any variance in the mix, I find it very, very easy to screw things up.

The legendary special also currently requires a really, really long stall, which usually means being slotted for healing and cooldowns. It's a little easier with the coffin boat maxed, but sometimes you need to bring the Thousand Sunny's cannon to clear trash mobs. If Legend Mihawk's cooldown gets to a 17 or less, he'd probably be considered better overall, but his special manuals haven't landed yet. Even when they do, as Whitebeard owners know, leveling a legendary special is a specific sort of hell.

In short, Legend Mihawk's really designed for high-tier setups used by players with a lot of max level, max special units, often looking to farm the colosseum. If you just need a slasher boost captain, raid and legendary are practically interchangeable in most circumstances.

Another point worth noting is that combo defense shields severely reduce the viability of both units' specials. They are both considered single hit attacks, and unless you use a multi-hit special such as Nightmare Luffy's to drop the shield, you'll do 1 damage instead.

To bounce to some other topics, first, why are Brook dupes as rare as GP Usopp manuals on my Global account? Second, Parage Shot Sanji may be one of the best New Year's units next to Kimono Robin. He has excellent stats for a 10 cost unit, he's a 2x captain, and his skill's not bad either, making him pretty great for low-cost ranking. That, and he looks cool.

He might not be high-end, but I think it breaks the trend of nigh-useless Sanji units. Also got to see the newest Sanji's special in the Sugofest preview stage. It looks really cool. Cautiously optimistic that he'll break the trend even further, and have a solid effect, such as a 1-round boost for Toughness type.

Legend Mihawk is really just a 50% damage boost that doesn't come until the next turn.

Qmzn

Neo Member
That's his special, but we dont know but how much. Blueno is 1,75 plus a 50% dmg reduction with a 19 CD (without books), so sanji is going to have a hard time proven his usefulness.

If it's a 1.5 boost plus set orb to matching, I'd say that'd be as good or better. Maybe he'll have a wicked captain skill instead... ah, who am I kidding, he's gonna be crap. One of the devs must really hate Sanji. His backstory arc's going on right now, where the love?

Legend Mihawk is really just a 50% damage boost that doesn't come until the next turn.

Yeah, mostly. Then it uses a defense-ignoring type-less damage special as the delivery mechanism, which adds a few more restrictions. It hits everyone, though, which I'd say is the best feature.

One setup I haven't seen widely used yet is to build a triple boost setup for the round prior to a boss that drops a preemptive debuff shield or a high-defense shield. Something like double INT Mihawk, Mr.3, Whitey Bay, Doffy, and Daz, up against a PSY mob. It would need to be a 5 or 6 minion setup, though, where each one gets picked off during the combo ramp. I imagine there's eventually going to be a colosseum stage with such a setup, as an alternative to a defense break or a slow, high HP burn. It might already be feasible on a few stages, but the long cooldown really throws a wrench into the works.

I''m hoping the devs drop a new line of specials that say something like, "All special damage dealt this round becomes X type". If it was STR, you could roll with Fossa, or with DEX, box lunch Kaku. Bring INT Mihawk as a sub, and get some multipliers on that damage.

I feel like that's the sort of thing that should be on a Bon Clay or Ivankov unit... something that swaps damage types or team types for a single round. For example, you could have a QCK team with Koza in it, and for one round, turn everyone into slashers to use his boost. Or, bring in a STR team, then make them DEX for one round to kill a QCK setup. That'd be nice for the opposing-color bosses they throw at the end of Chaos-level colosseums.

chrono01

I really wish we were getting the skill-up event before the double success. I'm permanently at 495/500 space, and that's after selling my evolution materials (outside of the rare ones, such as rainbow penguin, lobsters, elder seahorse, etc.).

It's getting really tiresome having to manage my box after every run. :(

Kyou

I really wish we were getting the skill-up event before the double success. I'm permanently at 495/500 space, and that's after selling my evolution materials (outside of the rare ones, such as rainbow penguin, lobsters, elder seahorse, etc.).

maybe we'll get a box up on tuesday

Kumo

The fact that we're getting the skill up event after makes me think that the 4.0 update will come with a box increase. Makes sense if they're going to make us wait a whole week like that. If not.... well, it's going to be a long week. =\

RedBoot

To bounce to some other topics, first, why are Brook dupes as rare as GP Usopp manuals on my Global account?

I've been getting a decent amount of Brooks, actually. Even a lot of my (failed) Ranking attempts are dropping Brooks. I also think I've gotten more Wapol books in less than a week than I got during the entirety of the first Brook appearance.

To balance it, I'm getting less pigs and almost no Ryuma books. Eh, I'll take it.

On box space, I'm sitting at 490/500. If I clear out some evolved fodder I'm keeping for no reason, as well as some less useful books, I could probably sit around 475. I'm banking on the box increase after the update.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Even if we get more box space, managing over 500 units is kind of unwieldy. Wish there was a better way, but I feel like there's not.

chrono01

maybe we'll get a box up on tuesday

The fact that we're getting the skill up event after makes me think that the 4.0 update will come with a box increase. Makes sense if they're going to make us wait a whole week like that. If not.... well, it's going to be a long week. =\
Oh, that would be great! I'd forgive them entirely should that come to pass. If not...much suffering for us.

Even if we get more box space, managing over 500 units is kind of unwieldy. Wish there was a better way, but I feel like there's not.
I've always thought games such as this would benefit from separate tabs, one for usable characters, one for evolution material, and another for XP material. It would definitely make scrolling through your box more intuitive.

Kyou

Go for 50!

If you skill him up too soon, sockets!

This feels like planning a murder, but I definitely want to max my Mihawk finally. I've half assed it too many times.

I remember I was able to beat him easily last time but I'll be damned if I can remember my team

Qmzn

Neo Member
JP Sugo:

SW Nami
Usopp
Hammer Usopp
Mr. 3
Heavy Point Chopper

Disappointed in all the crummy old Strawhats instead of new ones, I spitefully bought 6 gems with Google credit, for one last pull:

Legendary Lucci

Gizuko

Mihawk's coming?!

I won't be able to play much the 4th though (5th here), such a shame. Well, I hope I do get a couple of copies at least.

Hana-Bi

Which socket are you using on Mihawk? i think I'll go for CD reduction.

Don't have much time when he's up though. And who is going for a second or third Mihawk with different sockets?

RalchAC

Which socket are you using on Mihawk? i think I'll go for CD reduction.

Don't have much time when he's up though. And who is going for a second or third Mihawk with different sockets?

I think I'm going for heal at the end of every turn.

But I dunno. Mihawk has one socket, I only have 40 gems and I really want to gem for Dofflamingo, Eneru and Blackbeard. So I may just get a bunch of Mihawks with natural stamina + 2-3 gems and call it a day.

I will wait until we get the half stamina raids for maxing a second Mihawk.

Majukun

so I'm the only one going for lock protection? I plan to put it to him, Doffy and Mr 1 as the standard slasher team core, so to have 2(potentially 3 with friend capt.) turns of protection

I was thinking of giving Mihawk orb matching+, most slasher mihawks teams are very rainbow-y in design, so I'd dig some extra orb security on them.

Majukun

I was thinking of giving Mihawk orb matching+, most slasher mihawks teams are very rainbow-y in design, so I'd dig some extra orb security on them.

yeah,but that socket basically just works with 1 pg maxed (the other 2 stages just give you a 5% chance increase in total),so there are better suited members to get that one than mihawk that only has one socket imho

for example ausual member of slasher teams that can take that socket is crocodile that has 4 sockets and an "easy" way to socket him with his fortnight

yeah,but that socket basically just works with 1 pg maxed (the other 2 stages just give you a 5% chance increase in total),so there are better suited members to get that one than mihawk that only has one socket imho

for example ausual member of slasher teams that can take that socket is crocodile that has 4 sockets and an "easy" way to socket him with his fortnight

Oh yeah that makes sense.

RalchAC

I think for Mihawk the best option is healing. He only has 1 socket, and healing needs 24 points to get the highest tier.

What I don't get is the love people seem to have for cooldown reduction. In 9 out of 10 situations, you don't need those 2 turns. I haven't seen a single raid where you can't stall 17 turns yet. And if you need to stall a little bit more, a 1000 points heal at the end of every turn should be more useful.

Majukun

I think for Mihawk the best option is healing. He only has 1 socket, and healing needs 24 points to get the highest tier.

What I don't get is the love people seem to have for cooldown reduction. In 9 out of 10 situations, you don't need those 2 turns. I haven't seen a single raid where you can't stall 17 turns yet. And if you need to stall a little bit more, a 1000 points heal at the end of every turn should be more useful.

nother porblem with healing is that slashers generally don't have many sockets to begin with (mihawk one,doffy 2,mr 1 two)..and since healing is expensive if you wanna get it to a level that it's effective,you are basically sacrificing all the other effects to get that

tumblr_inline_n1zcovehns1ryj2q8.gif

Same =(, pray for 4.0 box expansion ;__;

Majukun

i forgot how frustrating croco farming is..i doubt i will manage to get the one copy to evolve in posion croc..especially not in time or the princess turtle

i forgot how frustrating croco farming is..i doubt i will manage to get the one copy to evolve in posion croc..especially not in time or the princess turtle

If you've got any way to avoid a hit from princess turtle/heal up (H.Brook, one of the nullifier namis) I could make my 90+ poisoncroc my captain during your timeslot.

It's not an ideal team as you need to rely om damage reduction/healing to actually take a P.Turtle hit compared to double vista, but without poison croc I'm not sure what alternatives there are?

Maybe QCK enel + V1 Helmeppo?

Qmzn

Neo Member
I've been wanting to do a full write-up on socket suggestions, along with some other strategies I rarely see people talk about, mostly for my own amusement and mental organization. Maybe that'll show up here in a few weeks, but for now, I want to focus on the Mihawk thing for a little, since I've used socketed Mihawks a lot over the past months.

The first thing to understand about ability orbs is that there's the ideal setup, and the realistic setup. Sure, you can get 5 orbs on Mihawk with a farm, but how do you match up the rest of your slasher team? You could burn ability manuals, but those are better saved for gacha-only units, especially legendaries. So you'll be waiting for the fortnights and raid that drop dupes of your best slashers, and then you're still at the mercy of the RNG, for drops on fortnights, and getting the right orbs in all cases.

So, realistically, you will be able to get Lv.3 to Lv.4 healing on your typical Slasher team with a like-minded healing Mihawk friend, and you'll still be waiting on the next Doffy to fill him out, and Usopp'n to socket your Golden Pound. If you want to break a single round of lock or gloom, or shave a round off your cooldowns, then that can be accomplished much earlier with friend assistance. For setting up the rest of the crew, there's only certain big slashers that you can easily socket, such as Lucci, Arlong, and Croc, and most don't have that many sockets anyway. Shanks is really difficult since Young Shanks appearance is RNG-based, and the same goes for Mr.1 (until recently in Japan). Once Kid Vivi arrives arrives, Koza becomes viable if you can get him out of the gacha. Vista might be worthy of those ability manuals, but those don't grow on trees.

I took healing, and it's the most useful for general combat, especially story mode. Even a little bit of healing provides a lot of flexibility when stalling for specials. If you don't want to read strategy guides to predict the nastier stuff you're going to come up against in Enies Lobby and Thriller Bark, then Lv.4 healing is a safety net that will let you jerk around on the mid-chapter stages while still using Coffin Boat. Combined with Brook or GP Usopp, you can drag things out for quite some time. Lv.3 isn't terrible either, to take the edge off some of the harder hits. I still can't hit Lv.5 without bringing in easily-socketed low-tier units like the DEX Baroque nun.

Many others in my friends list took skill cooldown, and it's better than you'd think. With a GP Usopp in tow, one turn of cooldown reduction makes it fairly easy to stall by stage 3 in most fortnights, then get Usopp back in time for the boss. If the boss has a debuff block, then you bring Usopp just for that early stall, and since Mihawk now only needs 16 turns, you can usually get him ready without letting turtles pick at your HP.

Lock reduction is best for increasing the farming speed on bosses that lock a single unit at random, but it's not the greatest choice. Slasher already has Helmeppo, Morgan, and Kimono Zoro, which covers most of the basic captain lock scenarios. I've seen very few players take it, and I think one of the players in my friends list ditched his anti-lock for heal in the 1/2 stamina event.

In said event, a lot of players without orbs specced into Gloom reduction, and I think that's actually a better choice than lock. There's a lot of ugly use of single-round Gloom of a single captain (usually yours) going on as of late, to nerf crews and prevent an early round boss kill. In certain situations, anti-Gloom can let you skip many, many rounds. If I decide to switch away from healing down the road, anti-Gloom is where I'll be going.

As others have said, orb boost is better left to another party member, if at all. It's a feather in your cap, but hardly required. It's not like having SW Shanks around--it just bumps the odds a little in your favor. Many of the newer fortnights screw up the odds anyway with crazy orb restrictions, throwing constant bombs and tandem and G orbs in your face.

All that said, here's a TL;DR message--ability orbs don't matter that much. Victories are typically determined by your character levels and base special cooldowns. Orbs push and pull things a little, but unless you are setting up very specific teams for Ultimate-level content, orbs have very little bearing on your success. Choose what works best with your play style. If you like to methodically pick at units and stall as much as possible on each stage, take healing. If you like steamrolling as fast as possible, take anti-lock or anti-gloom.

I will say this, though--anti-lock and anti-gloom can open to door for certain teams to secure a raid boss win. However, those have typically been color-focused crews that do not have room for anti-lock or anti-gloom specials, such as pure INT or STR. So anti-gloom and anti-lock orbs on Monster Chopper, for example, is a no-brainer. They might also allow you to take the top of the leaderboards in certain ranking scenarios, but so can Lv.2 cooldown reduction.

Majukun

If you've got any way to avoid a hit from princess turtle/heal up (H.Brook, one of the nullifier namis) I could make my 90+ poisoncroc my captain during your timeslot.

It's not an ideal team as you need to rely om damage reduction/healing to actually take a P.Turtle hit compared to double vista, but without poison croc I'm not sure what alternatives there are?

Maybe QCK enel + V1 Helmeppo?

nah,i needed one of my own to make the "1 hit ko every stage" team and generally run the stage faster since it has a lower cooldown than helmeppo.

with the team i have it still works but if i get the secret stage i have to kill one of the other stages the old fashion way,but nothing terrible..it was just to be able to run the stage lots of times

thanks anyway

nah,i needed one of my own to make the "1 hit ko every stage" team and generally run the stage faster since it has a lower cooldown than helmeppo.

with the team i have it still works but if i get the secret stage i have to kill one of the other stages the old fashion way,but nothing terrible..it was just to be able to run the stage lots of times

thanks anyway

Ohh okay, I assumed you were so desperate for some crockin' cause you didn't have a second anti-princess weapon.

That's fine then! :)

Majukun

I've been wanting to do a full write-up on socket suggestions, along with some other strategies I rarely see people talk about, mostly for my own amusement and mental organization. Maybe that'll show up here in a few weeks, but for now, I want to focus on the Mihawk thing for a little, since I've used socketed Mihawks a lot over the past months.

The first thing to understand about ability orbs is that there's the ideal setup, and the realistic setup. Sure, you can get 5 orbs on Mihawk with a farm, but how do you match up the rest of your slasher team? You could burn ability manuals, but those are better saved for gacha-only units, especially legendaries. So you'll be waiting for the fortnights and raid that drop dupes of your best slashers, and then you're still at the mercy of the RNG, for drops on fortnights, and getting the right orbs in all cases.

So, realistically, you will be able to get Lv.3 to Lv.4 healing on your typical Slasher team with a like-minded healing Mihawk friend, and you'll still be waiting on the next Doffy to fill him out, and Usopp'n to socket your Golden Pound. If you want to break a single round of lock or gloom, or shave a round off your cooldowns, then that can be accomplished much earlier with friend assistance. For setting up the rest of the crew, there's only certain big slashers that you can easily socket, such as Lucci, Arlong, and Croc, and most don't have that many sockets anyway. Shanks is really difficult since Young Shanks appearance is RNG-based, and the same goes for Mr.1 (until recently in Japan). Once Kid Vivi arrives arrives, Koza becomes viable if you can get him out of the gacha. Vista might be worthy of those ability manuals, but those don't grow on trees.

I took healing, and it's the most useful for general combat, especially story mode. Even a little bit of healing provides a lot of flexibility when stalling for specials. If you don't want to read strategy guides to predict the nastier stuff you're going to come up against in Enies Lobby and Thriller Bark, then Lv.4 healing is a safety net that will let you jerk around on the mid-chapter stages while still using Coffin Boat. Combined with Brook or GP Usopp, you can drag things out for quite some time. Lv.3 isn't terrible either, to take the edge off some of the harder hits. I still can't hit Lv.5 without bringing in easily-socketed low-tier units like the DEX Baroque nun.

Many others in my friends list took skill cooldown, and it's better than you'd think. With a GP Usopp in tow, one turn of cooldown reduction makes it fairly easy to stall by stage 3 in most fortnights, then get Usopp back in time for the boss. If the boss has a debuff block, then you bring Usopp just for that early stall, and since Mihawk now only needs 16 turns, you can usually get him ready without letting turtles pick at your HP.

Lock reduction is best for increasing the farming speed on bosses that lock a single unit at random, but it's not the greatest choice. Slasher already has Helmeppo, Morgan, and Kimono Zoro, which covers most of the basic captain lock scenarios. I've seen very few players take it, and I think one of the players in my friends list ditched his anti-lock for heal in the 1/2 stamina event.

In said event, a lot of players without orbs specced into Gloom reduction, and I think that's actually a better choice than lock. There's a lot of ugly use of single-round Gloom of a single captain (usually yours) going on as of late, to nerf crews and prevent an early round boss kill. In certain situations, anti-Gloom can let you skip many, many rounds. If I decide to switch away from healing down the road, anti-Gloom is where I'll be going.

As others have said, orb boost is better left to another party member, if at all. It's a feather in your cap, but hardly required. It's not like having SW Shanks around--it just bumps the odds a little in your favor. Many of the newer fortnights screw up the odds anyway with crazy orb restrictions, throwing constant bombs and tandem and G orbs in your face.

All that said, here's a TL;DR message--ability orbs don't matter that much. Victories are typically determined by your character levels and base special cooldowns. Orbs push and pull things a little, but unless you are setting up very specific teams for Ultimate-level content, orbs have very little bearing on your success. Choose what works best with your play style. If you like to methodically pick at units and stall as much as possible on each stage, take healing. If you like steamrolling as fast as possible, take anti-lock or anti-gloom.

I will say this, though--anti-lock and anti-gloom can open to door for certain teams to secure a raid boss win. However, those have typically been color-focused crews that do not have room for anti-lock or anti-gloom specials, such as pure INT or STR. So anti-gloom and anti-lock orbs on Monster Chopper, for example, is a no-brainer. They might also allow you to take the top of the leaderboards in certain ranking scenarios, but so can Lv.2 cooldown reduction.

I still think that heal is bad in a slasher team because most of the main players of those teams atm have very few sockets..and you need 20 points to get it really "working"
for lock reduction i know we have several lock breaker that are slasher..but that also means you have to sacrifice one slot in the team just for one special...also,a special works only one time,while we have bosses that try to lock you multiple times

my "ideal" slasher team is something like this

http://optc.github.io/slots/#/transfer/S227:25,227:25,418:2535,402:2535,408:35651545,322:4515P

doable since they are all raid bosses or have a fortnight,and has lv 3 lock,lv 2 silence,lv 1 orb boost,lv 1 cooldown and lv 1 heal (just 200hp and just because those are leftover sockets)..lucci is there as a statstick nd there will probably be other guys you can put there with better special or more sockets

I still think that heal is bad in a slasher team because most of the main players of those teams atm have very few sockets..and you need 20 points to get it really "working"
for lock reduction i know we have several lock breaker that are slasher..but that also means you have to sacrifice one slot in the team just for one special...also,a special works only one time,while we have bosses that try to lock you multiple times

my "ideal" slasher team is something like this

http://optc.github.io/slots/#/transfer/S227:25,227:25,418:2535,402:2535,408:35651545,322:4515P

doable since they are all raid bosses or have a fortnight,and has lv 3 lock,lv 2 silence,lv 1 orb boost,lv 1 cooldown and lv 1 heal (just 200hp and just because those are leftover sockets)..lucci is there as a statstick nd there will probably be other guys you can put there with better special or more sockets

Geez, Croc has 4 slots? I really need to farm him...

Edit: Actually, Vista has 4 slots too, so....meh. It's going to be hard to slot Vista though.

koryuken

IMO you are completely wrong when looking at the content in Japan/endgame. In the Colosseum on JP, locks and gloom are extremely common. You will get rekt if you chose healing over Lock/Gloom.

No legends, a Mihawk with a cooldown that probably wont work. as far as good str units I've got:

u5J0Ujl.png

You could run a double Kidd team with GP Usopp, Blamenco, Kaku, and DJ Sanji to clear the Sea Stalion round. It's doable but I can't be certain with your levels.

Also, I'm sure there is Blackbeard team that is a nigh guarranteed win but it might require a Marco.

Kyou

You could run a double Kidd team with GP Usopp, Blamenco, Kaku, and DJ Sanji to clear the Sea Stalion round. It's doable but I can't be certain with your levels.

Also, I'm sure there is Blackbeard team that is a nigh guarranteed win but it might require a Marco.

I had a pretty good turtle time today so I can jack up someone.

I have a Marco but I just got him in the last sugo so he's only at SP level 1

Top Bottom