• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Majukun

damn it has been a while since I farmed mihawk.. probably gonna go with

2x monster chopper
arlong
kid
blamenco
Gp. usopp

only problem,i.don't remember if the hp are enough to stall for the 10 CD turns of God usopp and survive the pre emotive from mihawk

RalchAC

No legends, a Mihawk with a cooldown that probably wont work. as far as good str units I've got:

u5J0Ujl.png

I'm not going to write a wall of text when I already wrote thousands of words about Mihawk, so just give a look to the guide we (Cloggr, Heng and I) wrote for Mihawk.

I recommend you to give a look to the Monster Chopper, Kid and Mihawk teams, since for what I've seen in your pics you have the right units to easily build any of those 3.

Kyou

I'm not going to write a wall of text when I already wrote thousands of words about Mihawk, so just give a look to the guide we (Cloggr, Heng and I) wrote for Mihawk.

I recommend you to give a look to the Monster Chopper, Kid and Mihawk teams, since for what I've seen in your pics you have the right units to easily build any of those 3.

Thanks

Qmzn

Neo Member
IMO you are completely wrong when looking at the content in Japan/endgame. In the Colosseum on JP, locks and gloom are extremely common. You will get rekt if you chose healing over Lock/Gloom.

Later in the post, I mentioned I was thinking of switching to anti-gloom. However, there are already Colosseum stages where healing or damage reduction is far better than anti-lock or anti-gloom, such as Secret Bon Clay, which involves killing a high HP trash mob, then whittling down Bon Clay until his special rotates his type to something you can burst against.

What I didn't mention, though, and perhaps I should have, is that it's questionable just how relevant raid Mihawk is to endgame anyway. Why worry about which spec to use when you're going to be using legend-filled Doffy burst teams that can spec into healing, anti-lock, and anti-gloom at the same time?

I also noticed the other day that, under a recommended strategy for a different Colosseum stage on Gamewith, there was a highlighted note that said you will probably lose if one of the boss's mob comes in at a low AT, regardless of ability orbs, levels, or special cooldowns. So we may not even have the units yet to farm endgame reliably. With multi-level specials coming in, and game-changing timeskip Strawhats potentially around the corner, our idea of what's good and bad may end up completely dated.

Still, you're probably right. At max-all endgame, healing could take too many ability sockets to be worthwhile. If we swap it out for anything, though, it's probably going to be something like anti-poison or damage reduction, alongside lock and gloom prevention. At that point, I picture having multiple raid Mihawks--one cooldown, one anti-lock, and one anti-gloom, so that you can always have an unimpeded path to a boss, and quickly combine percentage-cut specials and a damage burst to set up someone like Sugar.

Or, to put it simply, endgame is going to require whatever ability orbs the devs want it to require. With ranking, they've proven they know their game's system inside and out, and I'm sure they'll be sadistic to the game's veterans. I can picture a time where we will all be desperately respeccing Mihawks into anti-poison to farm Ultimate Krieg. Or how about Ultimate Bonney, who Fallen Angels you to 1HP every turn and switches every orb to meat, and the only way to survive is to spec a Boa/Bonney/Garp RCV team into meat boosting abilities?

Dark times are coming, I tell you.

Majukun

hmm probably I will try the double monster chopper team.. the faster I deal with the farming the better

something like this

2 x monster chopper
arlong
jozu
slasher croc
Gp usopp

if I put too many strenght guys I'm not safe stalling

Qmzn

Neo Member
hmm probably I will try the double monster chopper team.. the faster I deal with the farming the better

something like this

2 x monster chopper
arlong
jozu
slasher croc
Gp usopp

if I put too many strenght guys I'm not safe stalling

Yeah, thinking about it, that's probably safer. I'd sub skill max Mihawk or Mr.3 in for Slasher Croc or Jozu, though. If you have the HP for it, you can take a hit from a single turtle, stall longer on the penguin, and have Mihawk ready to trim cut 30% off the top. With Mr.3, you can farm STR orbs for both Choppers and Arlong, then 1-turn stall on the seahorse stage to retain them.

If you have an orb booster at low CD (Kaku, Coby, Doffy, etc), you could also sub them in, which could potentially speed things up as well.

Majukun

Yeah, thinking about it, that's probably safer. I'd sub skill max Mihawk or Mr.3 in for Slasher Croc, though. If you have the HP for it, you can take a hit from a single turtle, stall longer on the penguin, and have Mihawk ready to trim cut 30% off the top. With Mr.3, you can farm STR orbs for both Choppers and Arlong, then 1-turn stall on the seahorse stage to retain them.
mihawk has a 17 turn CD, it's gonna take way more time stalling than what I'm gonna again using his special, since with this team I really just need gp usopp ready at 10 turns CD and I'm good to go.. theoretically

RedBoot

I can picture a time where we will all be desperately respeccing Mihawks into anti-poison to farm Ultimate Krieg.

The inevitable Magellan raid boss is where poison will really come into play. They could do something where he re-applies poison every turn, meaning you can't just bring in the Dugongs and call it a day.

Tidd

I need sockets, box space or whatever NOW! It's annoying to clean up your box after every two runs.

Oh and if you didn't know that Doffy is OP, I can tell you a nice little story:
I accidentally used a guest captain Apoo instead of a friend, and so I only had the 3x attack boost. Thanks to Doffy I still beat Brook!

We'll almost certainly get a box space increase tomorrow with the update. They're fully aware that we're all kind of at our breaking point with box space here and Mihawk coming out before the skill up is even more reason for people to buy box space. Toss that on top of all these turtles and it's just like, well damn. The question is, 100 or 200. They expect a lot of money coming in with this Anniversary between box space and the SW Ace/Mihawk Sugo.

Hana-Bi

Wasted my whole stamina today to farm a yellow hermit crab and I didn't get it... Want to evolve my Squard so I have some more space...

With Squard evolved I'd evolved every char I got (except unevolved dupes) so I think I would be prepared for the next sugo. :)

The inevitable Magellan raid boss is where poison will really come into play. They could do something where he re-applies poison every turn, meaning you can't just bring in the Dugongs and call it a day.

Calling it now, Magellan will be a INT raid boss and the perfect team to beat him will be a Marco burst team with 100% poison resist sockets. SW Shanks teams will be able to beat him regardless because of how OP they are.

You think so? His special seems decent, swaps trouble to match and rerolls opposites. Seems like a decent manipulator piece since he doesn't change neutral/matching orbs.

How often are Block orbs really relevant though? They're such a rarity. When it comes to orb manipulating, there are much better choices like Slasher Croc and Heracles'n.

Hana-Bi

Whats the point of the crew cost increase every other plvl up if you are around plvl 250+?

With 5 legenda the cost would be 275, so after that every increase would be pointless. Would be nice if you get something else. Or are the costs of new legends higher than in global now?

It hadn't occurred to me till now but I should probably socket Halloween Zoro before Asura. Halloween Zoro has 3 sockets and will probably see more use now anyway with the abundance of DEX slashers out there.

Majukun

It hadn't occurred to me till now but I should probably socket Halloween Zoro before Asura. Halloween Zoro has 3 sockets and will probably see more use now anyway with the abundance of DEX slashers out there.
the game totally screwed me with halloween zoro..farmed tons of copies and only got a couple skillups..him and brook are the only halloween characters i have not maxxed..and he was the best of the batch :(

Mazre

How often are Block orbs really relevant though? They're such a rarity. When it comes to orb manipulating, there are much better choices like Slasher Croc and Heracles'n.

depends..it seems to work very well with 6 stars crocodile

Had forgotten legendary croc was even a thing, almost never see him pop up in my friend list. Good point though. Looks like they're both niche with Nico having a stronger upside when she is applicable (which I submit would be less often than Brook for most).

MiTYH

The struggle is real to get this socket update. Got way too many Kimono Luffy and Zoros, and while I'm not at the max box space yet, I refuse to waste and gems until we see what the next sugo has in store

I've reached critical mass at 500/500 since I keep getting Brook copies, which I've desperately manged to keep due to the fact that could actually use them as he has quite a few skill ups to go. I can no longer save a pig and see if I can evolve it with some lucky drops. The 2 or 3 slot wiggle room is gone and I find myself looking at my inventory thinking "Am I ever going to use Mozu or Kiwi? One day they might be used for a mission or something but..."

My darkest day has come and I fear there may be some victims.

Kyou

Between Mihawk and expanding my box for Mihawk I think I might have to skip the inevitable anniversary sugo

koryuken

Whats the point of the crew cost increase every other plvl up if you are around plvl 250+?

With 5 legenda the cost would be 275, so after that every increase would be pointless. Would be nice if you get something else. Or are the costs of new legends higher than in global now?

Nope, once you reach 276 cost, cost plays no role.

RedBoot

Second Turtle Time of the day was kind to me, got 6 Elders and some Daimyos on just one bar of stamina. Was able to get Raid Enel and Okama Sanji evolved. Normally I wouldn't use INT turtles on non-INT characters, but I wanted to get those two evolved and ready for whenever Blackbeard comes back (and I'll probably be using the upcoming QCK turtle time to level them).

Also on the plus side, evolving characters opened up more box space. I should be able to survive until the box expansion (if it happens).

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Facebook Event

Challenge 1 runs from Feb. 2 (0:00) to Feb. 7 (18:59) PST

Just share this post! If we get 3000 shares, we've got some awesome prizes for everyone!

[Prizes]
Amber Hime Turtle x1
Elder Turtle five color set
Rainbow Gems x10

Hime Turtles are super rare Boosters that give you massive amounts of EXP! Don't miss this chance!

Plus! Just for logging in to Treasure Cruise during the event, you can Recruit Chopper Man (★4) for your crew!!

chrono01

Facebook Event

Challenge 1 runs from Feb. 2 (0:00) to Feb. 7 (18:59) PST

Just share this post! If we get 3000 shares, we've got some awesome prizes for everyone!

[Prizes]
Amber Hime Turtle x1
Elder Turtle five color set
Rainbow Gems x10

Hime Turtles are super rare Boosters that give you massive amounts of EXP! Don't miss this chance!

Plus! Just for logging in to Treasure Cruise during the event, you can Recruit Chopper Man (★4) for your crew!!
Nice!

Also, Chopper Man's Special description:

"Heals crew by 1,224 HP and looks very cute"

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
This first event is a little... easy? It'll be done in no time (as of this post already at 2,251). The announcement of the anniversary event itself got 4,700+ shares on its own.

I'm guessing the second phase has to be something similar, except with milestones in regards to including INT Mihawk and/or SW Ace in the Sugo which probably begins the moment the second event ends given the timeframe. I do wonder however, if they'll be a limited time inclusion and not be a permanent addition to the Sugo pool. That'd be one way to really get a gem/money grab.

RalchAC

This first event is a little... easy? It'll be done in no time (as of this post already at 2,251). The announcement of the anniversary event itself got 4,700+ shares on its own.

I'm guessing the second phase has to be something similar, except with milestones in regards to including INT Mihawk and/or SW Ace in the Sugo which probably begins the moment the second event ends given the timeframe. I do wonder however, if they'll be a limited time inclusion and not be a permanent addition to the Sugo pool. That'd be one way to really get a gem/money grab.

Nah, they will be as time limited as the other Legends.

We should start getting Shooter raid bosses soon, too... The current state of Shooters isn't that good.

Majukun

well it's better that way.. we already got more than 3500 shares.. Maybe they'll add something like they did last time
we have to match the 20 gems Japan got last time

Majukun

16 hours to the release of 4.0..although i will probably have to wait more because my smartphone is not compatible and so i have to update through apk

anyway

latest

Majukun

I got the Drop Crocodile on MAX, which version should I evolve him into? The first or second one (Sir Crocodile VS Sir Crocodile King Of Sand)?

http://op-tc-eng-version.blogspot.de/p/crocodile.html

slasher croc is the usual choice..better stats,good socket guy for slasher teams,special that works well with doffy

poison croco is instead worse but it's really useful for the princess turtle runs,and i heard it works very well with aokiji when it will be released

the choice is yours

Nibel

slasher croc is the usual choice..better stats,good socket guy for slasher teams,special that works well with doffy

poison croco is instead worse but it's really useful for the princess turtle runs,and i heard it works very well with aokiji when it will be released

the choice is yours

Aight, picked Slasher Croc; thanks!

RedBoot

I guess Princess Turtles are called Hime Turtles in the Global version. The other turtles have different names too, so I guess it's not a surprise.

Weird that the Global version gets the Japanese terms (Hime, Daimyo), though.

Also, Chopper Man's Special description:

"Heals crew by 1,224 HP and looks very cute"

I like it when they add a little flair to the ability descriptions. Just about every Franky has them, too.

Majukun

I guess Princess Turtles are called Hime Turtles in the Global version. The other turtles have different names too, so I guess it's not a surprise.

Weird that the Global version gets the Japanese terms (Hime, Daimyo), though.

I like it when they add a little flair to the ability descriptions. Just about every Franky has them, too.

i still call them baby,teenager and elder turtles XD

Top Bottom