• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

RalchAC

I think Log Luffy is
Lock/Silence/CD/Orb.

Any objection?

Edit: we can choose the strawhat we want.
By reddit misterbutton
Source: Myself, I tried it. First try Nami showed up I quit then I tried again Sanji showed up then third try Luffy showed up. So if you guys want an Usopp for delicious sockets or evolve them for a GPU skill book then you can keep doing this trick till you get the straw hat you want

I think I will go for Lock / Silence / CD / Orbs.

His books won't arrive in a while, and you can heal with Meat orbs without losing any damage.

My 25 Luffies gave me Lock (1) / Silence (3) CD (1) / Healing (1). I didn't have any luck with orb matching, but whatever, Afro Luffy farming here I go!

I think I will keep both a second Mirage Tempo Nami and Golden Pound Usopp. But I don't plan to socket them anytime soon. It would be more like a long term investment.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Water 7 stages look so good *drool*
Just don't do anti silence on Blackbeard. Everything else is good.
Thanks - i think Anti-lock and Cooldown reduction makes sense on him.
Used 5 Story Mode Zoros for My Halloween zoro:
2x despair
2x orb
1x poison
Frustrating
2x despair and or matching from only 5 copies is very solid - Socketing units is a longterm project anyway.
still no trace of 4.0 around the web apart from some modded ones :(

Google/Download "Qoo App" and you wont have to worry about finding .apk to update your games in the future.

Majukun

Water 7 stages look so good *drool*

Thanks - i think Anti-lock and Cooldown reduction makes sense on him.

2x despair and or matching from only 5 copies is very solid - Socketing units is a longterm project anyway.

Google/Download "Qoo App" and you wont have to worry about finding .apk to update your games in the future.

i already have that app..but doesn't that only work for japanese versions?
EDIT seems like there's the global version too..trying there,thanks

Dandte

I agree, i guess i wasn't fully awake at that Time >.<

Majukun

resuls for the first time socketing

monster chopper - 40 copies - 4 anti lock + 2 orb matching
perona - 7 copies - 1 heal and 1 cooldown rd.

kinda disappointed for chopper..tons of copies wasted on the worst sockets the game could offer

currently wondering if i really need a red turtle time or if i'll just continue farming for luffy and usopp sockets

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
My experience has been needing around 40 to finish a 2 socket character. Got done with G3 and SWS Zoro and missing 1 point for Robin after 35 copies. Of course bad luck stroke me on Alvida and Mr. 1 with 1/5 after like 20 copies and 8 respectively.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I got log luffy to 5/5 CD Reduction, 3/5 Matching orb, 3/5 silence, and 1/5 lock. I had some kinda bad luck, but I'll take it for now.

Heng

So the game is up again.

Which sockets are recommended for G3 and Golden Pound ? Also I had some Blackbeard units left over...which sockets could be usual on his usual squad ?
For g3, what usually prevents this team from farming a fortnight is due to bind and despair so I would recommend putting points into that.

For Usopp, it's hard to say because he is really versatile and almost any team can use him. Personally I'm going bind and despair for my first one and CD with orb matching on the second one.

RalchAC

It would be cool that there was an event that did something like "increase the chance of getting a socket your character has already learnt" or something like that.

pelicansurf

It would be cool that there was an event that did something like "increase the chance of getting a socket your character has already learnt" or something like that.
I believe they changed it so once you get 5/5 for a socket, it doesn't appear anymore, which is convenient.

Managed to get Oars to 95 today. Was too sleepy during turtle time and not enough elders (5).

wow,already finished water 7? how many stamina did that take?

I went in with full stamina and leveled up halfway through so I didn't have to gem or anything. Probably around 225 stamina and thankfully I didn't screw any runs up.

For anyone playing through it, slashers make short work of it as usual and GP Usopp is nice for a safety net. Just be aware of the fact that Usopp is in fact immune to himself so don't use Usopp on chapter 7 and on the last chapter Lucci and Kaku put up a 5 turn debuff protector so it's probably easier to bring another beat stick to burst them down instead.

Tidd

I quit the game. Whitebeard forest killed me or should I say my own stupidity?

VnXrI9Kl.jpg

As you can see there is just WB left.... but I forgot to use Zoros special............ dsijdopafop!!!!! I'm angry, sad, depressed and I don't know what other feeling I have right now... Q___Q

And don't forget to check out this awesome guide for princess turtles if you are not sure what to do http://www.onepiecestrategy.com/2016/02/princess-turtle-time-draft.html#more

As you can see there is just WB left.... but I forgot to use Zoros special............ dsijdopafop!!!!! I'm angry, sad, depressed and I don't know what other feeling I have right now... Q___Q

Sh, shhh. Just remember it didn't cost you any stamina or in-game resources. <3

pelicansurf

VnXrI9Kl.jpg

And don't forget to check out this awesome guide for princess turtles if you are not sure what to do http://www.onepiecestrategy.com/2016/02/princess-turtle-time-draft.html#more
Do you have skill max zoro or Alvida?

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
I'm eagerly awaiting confirmation of this in the coming days due to the afro luffy fortnight, would be amazing if we got this fix right away.

I believe the fix is there. My Log Luffy is 5/5 for cooldown, matching orbs and silence. I haven't seen them pop up again from what I recall. Instead it's been a lot of map damage, poison, rcv up, auto-heal, etc. I'll keep my eye on it and post again to be sure.

Of course. Everything was ready but I literally forgot to use his special >.>

Ouch. Sorry Tidd... that really sucks especially with the G3/Ray combo too. I remember when I got to the end I had to take a deep breath here and there to make sure I didn't mess up. Hopefully it comes easy next time you attempt it. Good luck...!

RalchAC

I believe the fix is there. My Log Luffy is 5/5 for cooldown, matching orbs and silence. I haven't seen them pop up again from what I recall. Instead it's been a lot of map damage, poison, rcv up, auto-heal, etc. I'll keep my eye on it and post again to be sure.

How many Lufffies have you fed to your Log?

Kyou

had a decent-ish turtle time. Here's the team I'm hopefully going to kick the shit out of Mihawk 50 times with:
Hhn8zqe.png

Gizuko

Couple of quick questions:

I have been googling around and there doesn't seem to be a clear consensus on whether Kuro's Fn is a good one to farm Gp skillbook's, is it?

Is there any point in leveling afro luffy's and coach usopp's special? Usopp seems like a no go (except in rankings), but I'm wondering about affro luffy - I could use them to socket G3 and GP. Also, masked chopper seems like a worse version of 3* chopper, am I missing something? (except on -rcv teams, I guess).

RedBoot

I have been googling around and there doesn't seem to be a clear consensus on whether Kuro's Fn is a good one to farm Gp skillbook's, is it?

The droprate's not great, but you'll want to farm it anyways. There's not a lot of places to get GP skillbooks, so you need to get them when you can. Be sure and do the 15 stamina version, that's where you get the GP books.

Still going through Water 7 storymode myself, just did the "duel" level. Still gives the feels. :) For as simple as this story mode can be, they do a good job with a lot of the important scenes.

RalchAC

Couple of quick questions:

Is there any point in leveling afro luffy's and coach usopp's special? Usopp seems like a no go (except in rankings), but I'm wondering about affro luffy - I could use them to socket G3 and GP. Also, masked chopper seems like a worse version of 3* chopper, am I missing something? (except on -rcv teams, I guess).

Neither Kuro nor Carue are "good" places to farm him since drop rates are bad in both. But Kuro is there, Carue is not and we don't know when he will come back.

If I didn't have a max Usopp I would farm his books tbh.

Gizuko

The droprate's not great, but you'll want to farm it anyways. There's not a lot of places to get GP skillbooks, so you need to get them when you can. Be sure and do the 15 stamina version, that's where you get the GP books.

Still going through Water 7 storymode myself, just did the "duel" level. Still gives the feels. :) For as simple as this story mode can be, they do a good job with a lot of the important scenes.

Neither Kuro nor Carue are "good" places to farm him since drop rates are bad in both. But Kuro is there, Carue is not and we don't know when he will come back.

If I didn't have a max Usopp I would farm his books tbh.

Thank you both, guess I'm farming Kuro 15 this week.

xrokis

been trying out teams to use for the fortnight and came up with this one:
http://optc.github.io/damage/#/tran...0:99,280:50,324:99C1,10B0D0E1365Q0L0G0R5S100H
the pirate striker gives you almost a full matching board,
activate kaku for orb boost and croc for poison and luffy is done.
boa is just a stat stick in this team.
i basically only have to stall for crocs special (14 turns max)
the other teams i tried all felt to slow or unreliable
edit: just as i tried it again ussop didn't give only one yellow orb and the rest green, still worked :)

Hana-Bi

I tried to farm some afro Luffys. First 4 runs Luffy and Usopp dropped every time. Now for the last 7 runs no Luffy and just one Usopp dropped...

And my luck with sockets seems also kind of bad. I didn't get even one CD socket for any of my chars.

My LL is now 5/5 lock and 3/5 for despair, orb and heal. Maybe I keep the heal socket...

chrono01

I got relatively lucky feeding my Kimono Luffy to my Log Luffy.

5/5 Slot
5/5 Despair Resistance
4/5 Charge Specials
5/5 Bind Resistance

I just need one more!

I have a bunch of Kimino Luffy's I could get rid of for G3 slots, but man, I keep thinking his skill would be useful in the future or something.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
My LL is now 5/5 lock and 3/5 for despair, orb and heal. Maybe I keep the heal socket...

I was like that intially too, I just left the 4th slot empty until the cooldown popped up.

I got relatively lucky feeding my Kimono Luffy to my Log Luffy.

5/5 Slot
5/5 Despair Resistance
4/5 Charge Specials
5/5 Bind Resistance

I just need one more!

Nice!! It's clearly payment for box struggles. I just need one more lock myself, I'm sure you'll get that last cooldown easily.

chrono01

I have a bunch of Kimino Luffy's I could get rid of for G3 slots, but man, I keep thinking his skill would be useful in the future or something.
I wouldn't worry about it. His special is super niche right now, and even if it does become useful, the kimono island does return (according to the Japanese version, anyway). You'll get more use right now out of a socketed G3 than a skilled-up Kimono Luffy.

Nice!! It's clearly payment for box struggles. I just need one more lock myself, I'm sure you'll get that last cooldown easily.
Haha, thanks man. Yes, the struggle was worth it. So many times I was tempted to fuse away my Kimono Luffy, but I resisted!

Congrats to you, as well. Let us hope we're lucky with that final socket.

Hana-Bi

I was like that intially too, I just left the 4th slot empty until the cooldown popped up.

Yeah, that was my plan at the beginning. I wasted one heal point before I activated the heal socket. If I can get heal to 5/5 before I see a cd pops up then I probably keep the heal socket.

2 runs for Tilestone, 2 runs for Kaku and 2/3 Franky Family members on the first try. Gotta love double drop rate. Just need to get Lucci and Zambai now and I'm done with Water 7.

RedBoot

I don't have G3 or Log Luffy, so I'm actually trying to figure out whether I should try for slots in G2 or Kimono Luffy. Both can be boosted by Sengoku, so I figured I may as well try and socket one instead of hoping to pull a better Luffy.

G2 has better stats (in fact, he has the 4th highest attack of 20 Cost and under characters), while Kimono has the better special and costs 1 million less to max.

G2 also has one more slot though, so I'll probably go with him. If I get silence reduction, Kimono Luffy's special won't really matter anyway.

Majukun

2 runs for Tilestone, 2 runs for Kaku and 2/3 Franky Family members on the first try. Gotta love double drop rate. Just need to get Lucci and Zambai now and I'm done with Water 7.

i was gonna focus on farming those luffy and usopp copies..but now you are tempting me..is it really that easy to drop them or he just got super lucky? ò_ò

RedBoot

Afro Luffy activates his special as soon as he gets a turn below 20% health, and that includes the turn you get him that low. Be sure and have something to deal with that. GPing him is the easy method, obviously, but I wanted to use an all-QCK team so I looked through what I had as far as damage reducers go.

Blue Giant Pirate, it's your turn to shine. I guess feeding you all that fodder was worth it. :p

i was gonna focus on farming those luffy and usopp copies..but now you are tempting me..is it really that easy to drop them or he just got super lucky? ò_ò

This is a good time to farm them, at least, since we have the boosted rate for a week. Granted, there's like five other good ways to use your stamina right now, so it's up to you.

Tilestone shows up twice on his stage, so he's going to be slightly easier to get in theory (plus, I still think not every story mode character has a 1% chance, and he wouldn't be that rare). There's also a stage with all 3 Franky Family giants and Zambai in the same fight, so I guess you'd get a good shot at getting at least one.

I'm going to try and get Tilestone, Kaku, and Lucci, and I might try for INT Franky too. I'll save the Franky Family for later.

koryuken

Goddamn getting the right sockets seems abysmal lol. I haven't had a single Lock/Silence socket appear for either Luffy or Usopp... seems like gems have to be involved in order to max sockets from Afro Luffy isle.

Majukun

Goddamn getting the right sockets seems abysmal lol. I haven't had a single Lock/Silence socket appear for either Luffy or Usopp... seems like gems have to be involved in order to max sockets from Afro Luffy isle.

yah ,i'm starting to think that maybe gemming is necessary to do everything..but you are always in time for gemming really..so i'm gonna leave it as a last resort

Kyou

I can't hold all these bags of money and chests that Tilestone is dropping

edit: Woohoo, got him on my last 17 stamina. I'll try to get them eventually but how are CP9 Kaku and Lucci. They don't seem that great

I can't hold all these bags of money and chests that Tilestone is dropping

edit: Woohoo, got him on my last 17 stamina. I'll try to get them eventually but how are CP9 Kaku and Lucci. They don't seem that great

Kaku's alright. Lucci is pretty meh but the QCK form he evolves into once Enies Lobby Part 2 comes out is fantastic.

koryuken

Spent 3 gems and had a level up. Got level 1 bind on G3 and level 1 bind on Gp. Sockets are almost as big of a grind as WB books.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Managed to finish Log Luffy with 5/5 on lock, silence, cooldown and orbs. Also finished GP Usopp with 5/5 bind and silence. Slowly chipping away at G3 and Impact Usopp now with both being bind and silence once again.

All in all, sockets is a grind if that wasn't obvious already. There is something inherently more forgiving about it given you always get "something" with each copy versus when a skill up attempt might net you nothing. It's kinda like checking for a pulse, but I feel it's more worthwhile given you're working towards something as a whole for your team's synergy versus unit specifications with a lower cooldown. Moving forward it'll be far more interesting to stash copies, etc to tackle both skill level (with a 2x event) and sockets at the same time. Hopefully at that point we have an appropriate box space amount to warrant being able to do that.

For what it's worth, I had to level twice to get the results which for me is roughly 83 expert runs per level gain. Log Luffy took a total of 81 copies (20 Kimono, 61 Afro) and... I failed to track what I used for GP Usopp but I want to say it was far less. Chopper has been showing up semi-frequently enough so making mild progress on MC is doable.

Top Bottom