• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Jayhawk

Mihawk comes by so regularly now, I'm just using natural stamina for his socket. I'm also in no rush to max his lone socket. 1/5 CD reduction so far.

Spinx

2 weeks ago on Japan they gave us a book that gives you a guaranteed 1 anti lock socket. Just use 4 of those when they come to global and you're set.
KuGsj.gif

@Ralch

Thanks for knocking some sense into me. I won't do yolo pulls. Besides, Lucy's logic is tight. We're getting a quick sugo.

Majukun

2 weeks ago on Japan they gave us a book that gives you a guaranteed 1 anti lock socket. Just use 4 of those when they come to global and you're set.
KuGsj.gif

@Ralch

Thanks for knocking some sense into me. I won't do yolo pulls. Besides, Lucy's logic is tight. We're getting a quick sugo.

it's gonna be a long time before we get present japan content though..we can't really rely on that..
that being said..not gonna waste gems anymore

linkent

Wanted heal for mihawk, feed 5 get 4 cd reduction+1heal.
Fine i take that cd reduction.

Next 5 2 heal,2 lock,1 resist
Then another 2 heal,2 matching orb,1 despair.
Fuuuuuuuuuu

Serious question: Once you get a fully socketed max level LOG luffy & have enough friends to reliably use log-luffy teams; does gear 3rd serve any purpose?

Dandte

Serious question: Once you get a fully socketed max level LOG luffy & have enough friends to reliably use log-luffy teams; does gear 3rd serve any purpose?

Maybe in Mixed Teams with cards which require hitting perfects like the 6* doffy, but i guess this is kinda unlikely nowadays.

RedBoot

Maybe in Mixed Teams with cards which require hitting perfects like the 6* doffy, but i guess this is kinda unlikely nowadays.

Ah, yeah. Besides captain abilities, Kuina has an activated ability that only works if you hit all perfects on the turn prior. So they could make more stuff like that.

You'd never want to get rid of an RR character like G3 anyway. Keep 'em.

RalchAC

Wasn't planning of getting rid of G3, no worries.

Was mostly just curious if there were any real advantages to using G3 over LOG once Log's stats and everything are up to snuff.

There are some enemies that have a shield debuff that wears off after X hits. G3 should be better for those.

Goddammit, I'm 5/5 on lock for my Mihawk and I didn't even want it. I mean what do I do at this point? I didn't even get the opportunity to ditch it since I didnt't see any cooldown sockets. I would have rather gone the healing route since I saw somewhere around 3 of them during all this.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Watching everyone farming and getting orbs they don't want fills me with nostalgia. I could have had 5 cooldown in Japan in under 30 dupes, but healing took me around 50 instead. Cooldown still eludes me on legendary Mihawk.

Maybe I'm feeling a little schadenfreude as well. Welcome to ability orb hell, Global. :D

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Goddammit, I'm 5/5 on lock for my Mihawk and I didn't even want it. I mean what do I do at this point? I didn't even get the opportunity to ditch it since I didnt't see any cooldown sockets. I would have rather gone the healing route since I saw somewhere around 3 of them during all this.

Keep it Zeke, worst case and long term we'll all probably have to do 2 Mihawks. If you can manage it, just save copies for next week. I know it's a little arduous, but I wouldn't throw that 5/5 lock away since you're already there. He'll definitely be useful.

Keep it Zeke, worst case and long term we'll all probably have to do 2 Mihawks. If you can manage it, just save copies for next week. I know it's a little arduous, but I wouldn't throw that 5/5 lock away since you're already there. He'll definitely be useful.

I think I'm done farming for today. I would farm to start a 2nd Mihawk for the forthcoming skill up event since I'm not opposed to the idea but I don't currently have the space for it. It really shouldn't be too hard hoarding more Mihawks for another skill up event with 500 box space, I'm just in the precarious position of holding on to dupes from 3 different raid bosses right now.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'm done farming for today. I would farm to start a 2nd Mihawk for the forthcoming skill up event since I'm not opposed to the idea but I don't currently have the space for it. It really shouldn't be too hard hoarding more Mihawks for another skill up event with 500 box space, I'm just in the precarious position of holding on to dupes from 3 different raid bosses right now.

Oh most definitely. We know the raids will come back and if they increase things to eventually having 2 raids and 3 fortnights per week there will always be something. I'm at 462/500 now for space myself. I'll probably take a break tonight just for the sake of it, worst case maybe I'll finally do Water 7 to get the gems. Something always has to give, unless you're crazy and do it all but that's just a gem sink.

RedBoot

Next old fortnight will be Arlong park... I guess another week of farming Kaku/Lucci for me.

I think I'll actually run Arlong a few times for slots, and maybe his skill book (not that it's particularly necessary). I use him so damn much that it makes sense to get his slots. Granted, I'm sure I'll get frustrated with the XP/Loot rates in the old fortnights (not to mention Arlong himself always had a low-ish drop rate) and just wait for Young Arlong, but I'll see if I can get something useful.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Arlong only has 1 slot, so that's something to keep in mind given how much effort we've all put in for Mihawk's 1 slot. Plus there is always young Arlong in the future.

Kumo

I got really lucky and managed to finish getting max cd reduction on Mihawk using 30 copies. I went 1/20 then got 3/5 and 1/5. At the rate I was going, I thought it was going to take at least 60+ Mihawks... I was pretty much ready to give up on socketing him for now but RNGesus has blessed me.

Now I can go back to getting shitty drops from Kuro :)

Gizuko

Does it make sense to evolve my first and only Crocodile into poison Croc for the Hime rush?

I do have Whitey and Mr.3, but 5*Croc is much better stat-wise. I was thinking of going Jozu/Enel with log Nami, DJ Sanji and Sw Shanks instead of a psy-team, so my last spot could be either Croc or GPusopp (or Brook, for extra HP), but croc seems to be the better option for that. I just can't make up my mind.

e: Damn kuro, I got a single book so far.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
So what is the best orb for Mihawk? I was trying to get lock and failed (3/5). Could've probably gotten auto heal like 5 times over.

RedBoot

Arlong only has 1 slot, so that's something to keep in mind given how much effort we've all put in for Mihawk's 1 slot. Plus there is always young Arlong in the future.

Bleh, didn't even check. Between that and Mihawk, it might be hard to get both lock and despair on a standard slasher team. Though I suppose that's the point, they want us to switch it up a bit.

I'm both anticipating and fearing Young Arlong's fortnight. I'll probably run it as heavily as I did Perona (which is to say, 50ish copies).

Does it make sense to evolve my first and only Crocodile into poison Croc for the Hime rush?

I do have Whitey and Mr.3, but 5*Croc is much better stat-wise. I was thinking of going Jozu/Enel with log Nami, DJ Sanji and Sw Shanks instead of a psy-team, so my last spot could be either Croc or GPusopp (or Brook, for extra HP), but croc seems to be the better option for that. I just can't make up my mind.

Honestly, the only reason I think I'd pick Poison Croc over Slasher is if I already had Vista. Slasher Croc's stats are too good, and he fits well on a Mihawk Slasher team (also a big help if you want to farm Garp). There are ways to beat the Hime turtles without Poison Croc.

(Either way, grabbing both Crocs in the long run is probably a good use of time)

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
So what is the best orb for Mihawk? I was trying to get lock and failed (3/5). Could've probably gotten auto heal like 5 times over.

Totally your call dude. I find I use him more as a sub, so I went 'cooldown' especially for the raids we potentially have to re-run thus far for sockets. Other players don't like the fact slashers don't heal well, so are going with 'auto-heal' to hopefully build up to 1,000 HP per turn. 'Lock' is a good option if you run Mihawk as a captain, or even as a sub as well.

I think in the end it's really all predicated on your own personal play-style. It's a lot of effort to skill up/level a second Mihawk, so I ran the raid to save as many copies as I can for various reasons next week.

Gizuko

Honestly, the only reason I think I'd pick Poison Croc over Slasher is if I already had Vista. Slasher Croc's stats are too good, and he fits well on a Mihawk Slasher team (also a big help if you want to farm Garp). There are ways to beat the Hime turtles without Poison Croc.

(Either way, grabbing both Crocs in the long run is probably a good use of time)

I had completely forgotten about Garp, I actually want him badly. I'll probably evolve Croc into his 5* form since I just got a lucky lobster drop and don't have Vista. Thank you!

chrono01

No luck with Mihawk, either. I'm going to go back to the Afro Luffy event, since it's easy Luffy/Usopp copies (so I can finish max'ing my Log Luffy, start on my G3 Luffy, and GP Usopp). I'll try Mihawk again later, but it's definitely frustrating fusing away copies and getting nothing out of it. :(

Congrats on the Mihawk though, koryuken!

Majukun

yep,it's official,this game hates me..
done the last couple run of mihawk with normal stamina and using a level up...I end this day of farming with 65 copies farmed...ONE lock reduction socket acquired...ONE IN SIXTYFIVE

"funny" thing is..there isn' really any other way to get those sockets other than farming mihawk,so i'm just postponing the problem..but really,after 10 gems basically thrown into the toilet,I am spent.

Kyou

At least you can comfort yourself soon after by not pulling G3 during a STR up Sugo.

Honestly though, I really hope you pull LOG Luffy, you deserve it.
I sold my luffy books to make room for Mihawk, so now is the time for the irony gods to hit me hard

koryuken

No luck with Mihawk, either. I'm going to go back to the Afro Luffy event, since it's easy Luffy/Usopp copies (so I can finish max'ing my Log Luffy, start on my G3 Luffy, and GP Usopp). I'll try Mihawk again later, but it's definitely frustrating fusing away copies and getting nothing out of it. :(

Congrats on the Mihawk though, koryuken!

Thanks buddy. that was a waste of gems though. I fused about 68 Mihawks...not sure if it was worth it lol (15 gems, 2 level ups).

The only saving grace was that I used a Sengoku team, so I didn't have to stall at all (GP Usopp can be used right when you reach Mihawk -- 2 pre-emptives & Sengoku captain skill). I was averaging under 2 mins per run.

PS. I don't know if this is RNG or what, but I have been feeding Mihawk four copies at a time instead of one at a time. Feeding one at a time was too slow and had worse results for me.

Majukun

Thanks buddy. that was a waste of gems though. I fused about 68 Mihawks...not sure if it was worth it lol (15 gems, 2 level ups).

The only saving grace was that I used a Sengoku team, so I didn't have to stall at all (GP Usopp can be used right when you reach Mihawk -- 2 pre-emptives & Sengoku captain skill). I was averaging under 2 mins per run.

PS. I don't know if this is RNG or what, but I have been feeding Mihawk four copies at a time instead of one at a time. Feeding one at a time was too slow and had worse results for me.

it's rng..i got bad results no matter how many i used

seriously i can't believe i got 1 in 66..i mean i know i'm unlucky but this is ridicolous even for me...

Majukun

Yeah, that sounds absolutely shitty. Sorry man :(

"funny" thing is,if i din't got that single one lock,i would have probably already maxxed mihawk with something else..but i know the moment i change socket i'm gonna get another lock reduction...

koryuken

"funny" thing is,if i din't got that single one lock,i would have probably already maxxed mihawk with something else..but i know the moment i change socket i'm gonna get another lock reduction...

I feel you. I know that I would have max'ed Mihawk with matching orbs ten times over. That was my most common socket, and I was really tempted to go for it. I am an offensive player and will be going for Lock/Silence/Matching orbs on all my guys, other than Mihawk & Doffy obviously.

Tidd

Wow some of you were really unlucky. <.<
I farmed 15 Mihawks with one gem and one stamina refill via snails and got 3 cool down reduction. Next time he will be around I finish the socket for him.

I feel you. I know that I would have max'ed Mihawk with matching orbs ten times over. That was my most common socket, and I was really tempted to go for it. I am an offensive player and will be going for Lock/Silence/Matching orbs on all my guys, other than Mihawk & Doffy obviously.
That's what I was going for. I got 2 out of 20 or so orbs.

Tidd

Looks like Japan gets another sugo to celebrate 19million downloads. Once again you can vote for legends who will get a rate up. (that's what I could understand with my broken Japanese
Google translate

I'm in the still need to skill him up camp. Sadly I was really busy today, so I only managed to pick up 15. Got lucky with timing a level up. Maybe the game will be nice to me come the skill up event? >_>

I got my 2nd Kaku drop earlier. Lucci evades me though. Part of me wants to keep farming in hopes of getting a Lucci just to have ready to evolve when his 2nd evo comes out since it's such a good QCK sub and arguably the best of the Kaku/Lucci eveolutoins but it would be way more stamina efficient to wait for the story mode stages where he appears by himself, which unfortunately isn't until another 2 more story islands.

Top Bottom