• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Heng

Is there a best use for these free tomes or just whoever. They're exactly like feeding a copy, right?
Give it to character that can't be farm, like White beard or Rayleigh.

Also got this on my first run, hopefully I get the same luck for Lucci and Kaku.

0MoAw9K.jpg

Wow, these story battles are actually pretty challenging. I actually lost the last Franky House stage and the stage with Franky (speaking of which, lol the music), and I was 1 hit away from dying in Usopp's.

Also, can't decide whether to feed my tomes to Whitebeard or Rayleigh.

MiTYH

Also, can't decide whether to feed my tomes to Whitebeard or Rayleigh.

First world problems right there.

I'm saving my tomes in the hope I get a legend next sugofest. And if I don't, well... not sure. I have a bunch of Rare Recruit pulls that are good, like Vista who I use a lot, so might just use it on him

Copons

Yo long time Android crowd, after v4 did you too notice a regression leading to the sound fx lag bug again?
I started having it a couple of days ago (but I haven't played all that much before the update), when I noticed I was missing hard and often; disabled the sound and it went away.
Exactly like a billion months ago.

(Nexus 5, full updated and stuff)

Hana-Bi

The last 7 Luffys didn't get me any points for my sockets. Only need two more, so this could take a while with my luck.

My GP is only at 2/5 for lock and silence...

I got two stamina refills today so I decided to try and farm another Kaku or get a Lucci. Didn't get either but instead I got two green, two purple, one yellow, and three red lobsters. I don't even need them... I guess I'll just save the rest of my stamina from here on out so I'll be at max when Mihawk gets here.

300 stamina, no Tilestone. Tis a sad day.

I got Franky in 2 runs, even though I didnt really want him!

Don't we get him for free after the next story island anyway?

Majukun

it's gonna be strange to go back to farm mihawk after all this time :/

hope i'll manage to get those lock reduction sockets relatively soon..the good thing is that i don't need to storage anything

even though,now i'm thinking of another configuration

this was the first one

lv 3 lock red,lv 2 silence red,lv 1 orb matching,lv 2 heal,lv 1 cd reduction

this is the other one

lv 2 lock red,lv 2 silence red,lv 5 heal,lv 1 orb matching

yet to decide what is the best..maybe i'll let the socket decide..are there in future content bosses or colosseum guys that lock you for 3 turns?

it's gonna be strange to go back to farm mihawk after all this time :/

hope i'll manage to get those lock reduction sockets relatively soon..the good thing is that i don't need to storage anything

even though,now i'm thinking of another configuration

this was the first one

lv 3 lock red,lv 2 silence red,lv 1 orb matching,lv 2 heal,lv 1 cd reduction

this is the other one

lv 2 lock red,lv 2 silence red,lv 5 heal,lv 1 orb matching

yet to decide what is the best..maybe i'll let the socket decide..are there in future content bosses or colosseum guys that lock you for 3 turns?

I'd rather just go with cooldown reduction on my Mihawk since Mihawk teams in any raid boss type situation are limited by the time needed to stall. I'd rather take less hits thanks to shorter cooldowns than heal back the damage I'd be taking from stalling the normal number of turns.

Majukun

I'd rather just go with cooldown reduction on my Mihawk since Mihawk teams in any raid boss type situation are limited by the time needed to stall. I'd rather take less hits thanks to shorter cooldowns than heal back the damage I'd be taking from stalling the normal number of turns.

don't we already have the coffin ship for those parts where we can't stall enough in time?

don't we already have the coffin ship for those parts where we can't stall enough in time?

You could just as easily say the added health from the coffin ship makes the need for healing every turn unnecessary if you already have more than enough health to stall.

I can't see how not needing to stall, especially in situations where you either can't or if you tried you would take an obscene amount of damage, would be less beneficial to health recovery per turn.

RalchAC

You could just as easily say the added health from the coffin ship makes the need for healing every turn unnecessary if you already have more than enough health to stall.

I can't see how not needing to stall, especially in situations where you either can't or if you tried you would take an obscene amount of damage, would be less beneficial to health recovery per turn.

I would rather have those 1000 HP recovery at the end of every turn instead of the lower cooldown.

Raid bosses are designed so 99% of the time you will be able to get to the boss with your specials ready as long as they are 17 turns or lower. I don't remember a single time that has been a handycap.

I'd rather get healing every turn (which should be useful in raid bosses and forests), since it will allow me to "fuck up" once in stages 1-4 (which could happen in stressful fights like Doffy's) than cooldown. Cooldown only seems better in Fortnights, but even then I've been using Slasher teams much less than before.

I'd do an exception with QCK teams, since Enel already heals 2-3k at the end of every turn and getting Eneru to 15 turn CD could be quite great for people running a Burst team.

But it seems the Healing vs Cooldown is a fight that will see no end. The most important thing should be getting the socket you feel the most comfortable, ignoring what other people think.

Majukun

I would rather have those 1000 HP recovery at the end of every turn instead of the lower cooldown.

Raid bosses are designed so 99% of the time you will be able to get to the boss with your specials ready as long as they are 17 turns or lower. I don't remember a single time that has been a handycap.

I'd rather get healing every turn (which should be useful in raid bosses and forests), since it will allow me to "fuck up" once in stages 1-4 (which could happen in stressful fights like Doffy's) than cooldown. Cooldown only seems better in Fortnights, but even then I've been using Slasher teams much less than before.

I'd do an exception with QCK teams, since Enel already heals 2-3k at the end of every turn and getting Eneru to 15 turn CD could be quite great for people running a Burst team.

But it seems the Healing vs Cooldown is a fight that will see no end. The most important thing should be getting the socket you feel the most comfortable, ignoring what other people think.

well in general all the socket debate seems to have no end..there's who likes the lock reduction and who likes to have the heal..who prefers lower cooldown and who wants to have matching orbs...

to the guys playing japan,are there many instances of raid bosses locking for 3 turns?

basically if i wanna get the heal factor on my slasher team i have to sacrifice 1 lv of cooldown reduction,and 1 lv of lock reduction,and i was wondering if it was worth it.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Google/Download "Qoo App" and you wont have to worry about finding .apk to update your games in the future.

That, or while connected to a Japanese VPN (the VPN Gate cloud plus OpenVPN for Android are my weapons of choice), create a Google Account in a web browser to lock the region to Japan, link the account to your device via Settings, clear the app data for the Google Play Store, run Google Play, switch to the Japanese Google Account, and you should be golden. Your Android build will need to be rolled with proper VPN support, but most are.

QooApp is fine, if you're okay with it installing a few extra well-permissioned background processes that stick around after install, doing who-knows-what marketing BS with your accounts. That's what they mean by "free", you know.

On the topic of sockets, I just finished Thriller Bark in Japan without using GameWith, testing on my own recognizance. I found it very, very challening, and it illustrated quite well how all socket choices can be good or bad, depending on the circumstances of the stage. Stop reading if you don't want to know what you'll be fighting.

First snag was giant Perona. She puts up a long, long defense barrier that stops most any standard rainbow crew. Gamewith recommends a high-level G3 shotgun or multiple stalls under Doffy, but I did it in a few tries with 2 stalls (Kimono Tashigi and GP) and a carefully-timed Alvida, all modest-leveled units under Sengoku.

Second snag was the bountiful supply of Zombie Oars fights. Gamewith says bring double RCV-buffed Enel plus heal sockets, but my Enel isn't socketed, plus my friends list options were few,. I improvised again with Sengoku, GP, Perona, and Alvida in round-robin stall survival mode (think Zephyr). It only worked because I had just made a push to get Alvida to max CD, but the timing of how damage was dealt to Oars still had to be very precise.

Third snag was fatty Moria, of course. I went in with a PSY-heavy Sengoku team, having no idea of his patterns. After limping to the last stage, I got Moria down to half his HP, but I only had around 5000 HP left, and he was going to swing for well over that next round. I blew all my specials and threw a Hail Mary burst, expecting to die the next round. Instead, I dropped Moria beneath an HP threshold which reset his AT to 2, and put on a combo barrier. Sengoku and Franky popped PSY orbs, and I knew I had him. It was pretty epic.

Other stages I cleared using INT Mihawk and Sabo beefy rainbow parties. Mihawk Specials were pointless in most of the stages, thanks to liberal use of the combo barrier. I went with INT Mihawk for sockets and the extra slasher damage. I had the right friends to typically bring Lv.3-4 healing, Lv.1 CD and Lv.1 Anti-lock, which covered most bases. Lv.4 healing saved my ass on one stage with Sabo, where I needed ability + meat + Boa to heal up so I could tank an HP-rending hit after a GP stall, then keep going until I was in burst range.

In most situations, anti-lock and anti-gloom would have been mediocre without the additional support of specials, as glooms and locks were typically 3-4 turns, and would need to be cleared that same turn to make a serious difference. More CD reduction would have been nice at times. Anti-map damage wouldn't have been terrible either, but who takes that?

Ultimately, though, a crew of nothing but MAX-all raid and legendary units could have probably done the trick without any sockets--especially QCK Enel, AKA Super Vivi Turbo. Healing orbs combined with GP and Alvida at max CD were the reason I was able to limp through with a mixed grill at sub-par levels. It's a push and pull scenario.

Icing on the cake: Oars dropped on one of the runs. Shock! I imagine he's as rare as any gold poster story drop, although you do fight him a lot more per stage than, say, Croc. 50 cost, absurd stats, and he's toughness type, so I can put him under Lucci's command with MC, and wreck some serious shop. He also obscures smaller crew members completely.

Rather tempted to give up my Global account. I am too accustomed to the team variety of my JP account, and my gacha luck in Global has been dismal by comparison. It just seems insane to farm two accounts for sockets, unless I was some Treasure Cruise vloggerer bowling for ad dollars. I'd offer it to you guys (MAX-all Hawk, lots of other Lv.90+ and max-skilled units, Vista, Shanks, et cetera, yet no legends), but it seems most players want to build their own experience from the ground up. That makes sense, because I would want to as well. Still, offer's on the table.

Kyou

I am excited for this raid, I'm ready to go in hard and get 50 mihawks and finally have a max mihawk of my own

also presumably I will also be able to slot him with something so that's cool too

I think it's just sinking in how tedious this is going to be farming for just 1 socket. I'll admit it though, it's pretty dope 1-shotting Mihawk with my G3 team.

I'm in the strange position of not having any non-maxed green units I want to use my green turtles on. Asura Zoro, Smoker, Mihawk, Izo, Law, Apoo, Doffy, Namule, Paulie, Perona, Bellamy, and Ms. Double Finger are all already max level. The only other remotely even worth while units, which I doubt will see much use anyway, are my evolved level 78 DeCalvan Brothers and a level 71 Kalifa.

I know! I will save my green turtles for my SW Ace!

Ha haaaa ha....

:(

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
It really is super annoying running Mihawk for 1 chain slot. I got 2/5 the first time, then 0/15 or so for the rest. Frustrating.

So, I wasted 70 STA vs Mihawk.
First: I started up a 30 STA raid vs the 40.
Second: I forgot how to stall on a MC team for Mihawk and lost that try + the next one.
Third: I then realized that I was using a Coffin Ship w/ the MC team, >_>.

After the second loss, I went "Oh yeah, I use Mihawk + STR Slashers to clear this" and wiped the floor with him using 2x Mihawk, Arlong, Mr. 1, Ohm, GPU. Such Overkill.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure I went 0/25 on my first Mihawk batch looking for "cooldown", lol. He's 1/5 on lock right now, but that's not what I want!

However I'm holding 50 copies now for next week, with running a Sengoku team that has me out in 5-6 turns tops (7 if I muck it up). Will try to run the event as much as I can for excess to socket my Mihawk. Box space is gonna be tight through the weekend!

Thanks for this write up, I appreciated it. Interesting perspective.

---

EDIT: Also the STR rate up on the 9th, gives me reason to believe we'll have a Sugo with two types. 48 hours starting on the 8th when the second FB event ends with QCK being rated up, then STR for the last 24 hours.

Gizuko

Jesus, using G3 makes everything super fast unless you go and screw the third perfect... Which is the only one I tend to screw. Still, Mihawk-40 was easier than expected (failed a couple of chains, and had to use both Jozu and Alvida, on top of GP, but managed to pull it off with a sliver of health) so I guess that's that.

chrono01

I don't have a lot of time tonight unfortunately, but I'm going to try to farm Mihawk a bit tomorrow before he leaves. Ideally, I'd love to get his lock ability to max, but we'll see how my luck goes. :/

chrono01

Ten Mihawk fed, not a single CD/lock/silence.

Seriously?

Ideally I'd like CD, but I'd gladly take lock or silence. I'll farm more tomorrow, I'm close to a Rank Up and don't want to waste stamina. But ugh!

Majukun

why so little monster chopper captains today T__T?

by the way,i'm only 1 lock socket with 20 copies..it's gonna be a long farming

linkent

Ten Mihawk fed, not a single CD/lock/silence.

Seriously?

Ideally I'd like CD, but I'd gladly take lock or silence. I'll farm more tomorrow, I'm close to a Rank Up and don't want to waste stamina. But ugh!

no healing orb?
thats what i am going for lol.

RalchAC

I've decided Log Luffy > Mihawk. So I'm running the Fortnight normally. As soon as I manage to get Doflamingo to a decent skill level, I will start trying to get the Moby Dick.

I did one Mihawk run with a Log Luffy team and it was soooo fast. Felt good. It's hard to believe how much I struggled the first time he came to Global :p

chrono01

I've decided Log Luffy > Mihawk. So I'm running the Fortnight normally. As soon as I manage to get Doflamingo to a decent skill level, I will start trying to get the Moby Dick.

I did one Mihawk run with a Log Luffy team and it was soooo fast. Felt good. It's hard to believe how much I struggled the first time he came to Global :p
Yeah, with Log Luffy it's great. It's just a shame so few have him yet, but that will even out over time.

I need one more slot on my LL too, so I'll return to it after Mihawk leaves. I'd like to, at least, start his slot mechanic, so lock/CD/silence, I don't really care. Just give me one of them.

RalchAC

Yeah, with Log Luffy it's great. It's just a shame so few have him yet, but that will even out over time.

I need one more slot on my LL too, so I'll return to it after Mihawk leaves. I'd like to, at least, start his slot mechanic, so lock/CD/silence, I don't really care. Just give me one of them.

Orb have been really, really elusive to me so far. So I'm at lock, silence, CD and heal.

Orb only needs 5 points to be good, since the % boost in higher tiers is quite small, so it doesn't worry me. Most of our Log bros have matching orb socket.

There should be quite a lot of new Log Luffy owners if next Sugo happens during STR rate up (which looks likely).

chrono01

Orb have been really, really elusive to me so far. So I'm at lock, silence, CD and heal.

Orb only needs 5 points to be good, since the % boost in higher tiers is quite small, so it doesn't worry me. Most of our Log bros have matching orb socket.

There should be quite a lot of new Log Luffy owners if next Sugo happens during STR rate up (which looks likely).

No joke, I got 3x Orb in a row on my Log Luffy, finishing it off. Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time of it. The one I need now is a single CD. That's it.

Please be merciful, game.

Nibel

Same reaction here. Just did a few runs today and it's crazy how fast you can nuke him, lol

MiTYH

Clearing Mihawks with my normal G3 team. No legends to speak of but it's definitely the easiest Raid boss. 4 turns to hit some perfects and missing two doesn't punish. Very easy to stall.

Hoping to get around 20 copies, to get my last 3 skill ups next week. REALLY sick of not having this maxed.

Majukun

i didn't notice they fixed the targeting with this new update..now it chooses targets based on the timer instead of always going for the same guys

Majukun

ok,fuck it,i give up

i'm probably around 40 copies off mihawk and i got ONE lock reduction..ONE

the other sockets come 2 at the times but are all useless

i mean even counting rng and the like,there's no way this is not intentional

Skipping Mihawk raid completely to socket GODSOPP & Luffy.

progress so far:

LOG luffy =
2 despair : 1 lock : 1 orb : 2 skill reduction.

Usopp =
1 despair : 1 lock

Better progress on Luffy than usopp despite usopp dropping more frequently, but having 4 slots to fill helps a lot with that.

Hana-Bi

Wanted heal or cd on my Mihawk.

Went for cd and got to 3/5. The last 15 Mihawk didn't get me any cd but I could have got 4 heal points for the last 10 Mihawks...

Mmh, I should do the same and change my orb socket (4/5) to a cd socket. Too bad that I already wasted one or two points...

Majukun

yep,stopped at 45 copies after another 5 mihawk didn't give me any lock reduction..and there are people on reddit who maxxed it with 20 copies...fuck my luck

Spinx

If the sugofest doesn't land on quick rate up, I'm doing yolo pulls. I don't have Ace, Jozu, Capone, Doma or Thatch.

I was planning on going cool down reduction but in all the Mihawks I've fed, I haven't gotten a single point in CD. I picked a lock socket because it was the only worthwhile one I got so I figured I'd keep it until I got what I wanted. I now have a 4/5 lock reduction socket on my Mihawk. Thanks for deciding for me, game. I guess I'll take lock off of my future Doffy and put cooldown on him, which isn't such a bad idea considering he's a sub in just about every other team.

It might just be easier to start another Mihawk for a different socket seeings the way my luck has gone up to this point but I'd rather leave that for another time.

RalchAC

Mmh, I should do the same and change my orb socket (4/5) to a cd socket. Too bad that I already wasted one or two points...

No, you shouldn't. My plan is perfect as long as everybody besides me has a orb boosting socket.

So keep the hard work Hana-bi! I trust you! :D

If the sugofest doesn't land on quick rate up, I'm doing yolo pulls. I don't have Ace, Jozu, Capone, Doma or Thatch.

Don't do it. I mean, you can, but there is a high chance you will regret it.

And why do you want Ace when you have Enel? Capone isn't that good either. Thatch and Doma are good, but we may get a WB batches rate up since we are getting SW Ace (which was part of WB crew). As a captain, Jozu is outclassed by Enel too. As a sub, his best trait is that he can be used instead of Perona for Doflamingo teams.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Finished Mihawk with cooldown early morning/late last night. Took 51 copies for the 5/5. Holding onto 66 for a hopeful miracle next week.

It will, as I mentioned above. It'll probably be 48 hours, with the first 24 being QCK, then the last 24 STR. The second facebook event ends on the 8th which has to include some voting or sharing for SW Ace and INT Mihawk. But the timing is right for all this to work out like that.

Majukun

10 gems literally thrown into the toilet..got that one lock socket and then nothing..it would be funny if it wouldn't make me so mad that i don't wanna see this game ever again

RedBoot

Yeah, I got six Mihawks through my normal stamina, which has translated to one anti-lock socket (which sounds ahead of the curve based on what you guys are seeing). Not sure if I can bring myself to spend gems on what's essentially four 10% chance rolls for the desired result (especially with a sugofest heavily implied in the next few days). Getting sockets alongside leveling a raid boss's special makes a lot of sense, but for Mihawk and Garp (whom I've already skill maxed) it's a harder sell.

Knowing that the Japanese version got a half stamina Mihawk raid makes me want to hold off here. I'll still grab a few more copies, maybe get lucky and get a second level in anti-lock, but I'm waiting for now.

Top Bottom