• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Hana-Bi

No, you shouldn't. My plan is perfect as long as everybody besides me has a orb boosting socket.

So keep the hard work Hana-bi! I trust you! :D

Seems you're lucky. Got my last orb point and now only need one silence point to have 5/5 in heal, orb, lock, silence.

Maybe I change the sockets when Nightmare Luffy appears...

alben

Neo Member
4 runs, 1 princess, and it was a secret stage. But I was lucky with the elders, in one of the runs I got 4.

chrono01

With 2x Vista, Princess Turtle is easy.

Vista/Vista
Diable Jambe Sanji
Helmeppo

Those are all you really need, unless you hit the secret stage. Bring more INT units for the HP increase, I guess.

Strategy:

Stage 1:

Stall as much as you can. With your HP, it shouldn't be a problem. All of your Special should be available by the time you finish.

Stage 2:

Use Vista to win.

Stage 3:

Use other Vista to win.

Stage 4:

Use Diable Jambe Sanji to instantly clear.

Stage 5:

Use Helmeppo and laugh as the turtles fly away in defeat.

Congratulations!

Edit: I just got the Secret Stage. This throws a wrench into my plans...

Never mind. I cleared it. I had Poison Crocodile, Diable Jambe Sanji, and Basil ready to go. I used Basil, Crocodile, and then Sanji. She died before she could attack, and I still had Helmeppo for the final stage.

Majukun

Vista/Vista
Diable Jambe Sanji
Helmeppo

Those are all you really need. Bring more INT units for the HP increase, I guess.

Strategy:

Stage 1:

Stall as much as you can. With your HP, it shouldn't be a problem. All of your Special should be available by the time you finish.

Stage 2:

Use Vista to win.

Stage 3:

Use other Vista to win.

Stage 4:

Stage 5:

Congratulations!

bring don kraig and dogpen if you have them

plan goes like this

round 1) stall
round 2)use don kraig
round 3) use dogpen
round 4)use sanji or vista or vista
round 5) use helmeppo and the other specials

if you get a secret stage,just use sanji+vista+vista on it..the other 2 stages go to dogpen and kraig,last one to helmeppo and then beat them the old fashion way

at least in theory..i'm still wiating for my stamina to recharge before doing some princess hunting

chrono01

bring don kraig and dogpen if you have them

plan goes like this

round 1) stall
round 2)use don kraig
round 3) use dogpen
round 4)use sanji or vista or vista
round 5) use helmeppo and the other specials

if you get a secret stage,just use sanji+vista+vista on it..the other 2 stages go to dogpen and kraig,last one to helmeppo and then beat them the old fashion way

at least in theory..i'm still wiating for my stamina to recharge before doing some princess hunting

Nope, should work. And thanks, I completely forgot about Dogpen/Don Krieg. I finished my runs, but I'll remember for next time!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Got these so far, are there more than 3?
GDkarWo.png

Hana-Bi

Vista/Vista
Diable Jambe Sanji
Helmeppo

Those are all you really need, unless you hit the secret stage. Bring more INT units for the HP increase, I guess.

Strategy:

Stage 1:

Stage 2:

Use Vista to win.

Stage 3:

Use other Vista to win.

Stage 4:

Stage 5:

Congratulations!

Never mind. I cleared it. I had Poison Crocodile, Diable Jambe Sanji, and Basil ready to go. I used Basil, Crocodile, and then Sanji. She died before she could attack, and I still had Helmeppo for the final stage.
What would be a good Int captain if you don't have Vista? Could Basil work?

chrono01

What would be a good Int captain if you don't have Vista? Could Basil work?
Any of the 2x HP Captains should work, you need the HP to stall in the first round. So no, Basil isn't advised unfortunately. :(

Vista gives the added benefit of having his special be a flat-rate damage to all (5k), which is needed to clear one of the Medium Turtle/Elder Turtle Floors. If you do manage to find a replacement for him, and do a (insert character here)/Vista match-up, you'll probably need to be more careful in the first stage and will need to make sure that you have a suitable replacement that does the static damage as the special. You really only take damage in the first round, so assuming you can stall long enough for your specials to be up (and have specials for the remaining four floors), you should be fine.

Hana-Bi

Any of the 2x HP Captains should work, you need the HP to stall in the first round. So no, Basil isn't advised unfortunately. :(

Vista gives the added benefit of having his special be a flat-rate damage to all (5k), which is needed to clear one of the Medium Turtle/Elder Turtle Floors.

Well, Basil would reduce the damage by 40%. And since most of the units are int type a Jozu wouldn't be that great.

But I will try and use Jozu with prison croc, Sanji and Dogpen.

Tidd

4 teen turtles <.< Thank God Usopp that the princess turtle dropped otherwise it would have been a waste of stamina and with that I'm done. I won't gem with 50 stamina per run, without having a character who I really want to max.

chrono01

Well, Basil would reduce the damage by 40%. And since most of the units are int type a Jozu wouldn't be that great.

But I will try and use Jozu with prison croc, Sanji and Dogpen.
Oh, I forgot about that damage reduction. It could work then. Use Sanji for one floor, friend Vista for another, then Dogpen for another. Helmeppo really makes the final floor easy, but if you don't have him you could try the poison Princess Turtle/stall until it dies strategy. You'll need time to stall though, and Jozu really doesn't contribute much. Maybe replace him with GP Usopp? That'll give you three turns, more than enough for the poison to outright kill the Princess Turtle. In-between that, you can kill the Elder Turtle, they don't have as much HP as they do normally.

Regardless, good luck to you! (I'm off to a rather late sleep.)

Hana-Bi

Oh, I forgot about that damage reduction. It could work then. Use Sanji for one floor, friend Vista for another, then Dogpen for another. Helmeppo really makes the final floor easy, but if you don't have him you could try the poison Princess Turtle/stall until it dies strategy. You'll need time to stall though, and Jozu really doesn't contribute much. Maybe replace him with GP Usopp? That'll give you three turns, more than enough for the poison to outright kill the Princess Turtle. In-between that, you can kill the Elder Turtle, they don't have as much HP as they do normally.

Regardless, good luck to you! (I'm off to a rather late sleep.)

Thanks. Yeah I have Helmeppo maxed so I will try one run with Basil and look how it goes. :)

Majukun

another decent captains might be poison croc if you have it..you take less damage so it still helps to stall and his special works great against the princess

ElChado

Neo Member
i ran with http://optc.github.io/damage/#/tran...70,34:50,394:50,20:99C2,10B0D0E0Q0L0G0R0S100H

vista/vista/dog penguin/zombie general/sanji/helmeppo.

Used Navy boat for more hp, spammed dog penguin attack since it's the fastest, by the time my max special helmeppo was up only 1 turtle had full hp and another had around 10hp maybe.

Dog penguin stage 2, zombie general stage 3, sanji stage 4. if hidden princess turtle appears use vista/vista/sanji, and use helmeppo on final stage.

I got 8 runs in as i took a long time on my first run, and kept chatting during runs. fastest run was just around 3 minutes.
Ended up sadly with only 2 princess turtles, but 13 or so elders.

If my enel was max or near it i'd run a double rakuyo team for that sweet sweet -6 special cd at the start.

I hope no one goes into hime turtles blind or without 2 ways to kill a princess turtle.

The dream turtle team is this one with cd sockets maxed for -8 turns on all specials. Assuming you can survive the 12 turns stalled for helmeppo, just kill a few turtles.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Princess Turtle is today? I need to give it a shot later... Bros and sisters keep your Vistas up.

linkent

Friend suggests using vivi/ls zoro team for princess.
As the other team will have difficulty fighting hime on turn 1.
Member dog,sanji,story croc poison, helmeepo.

So a princess invader is possible on turn 1?

I gemmed once to do a total of 5 runs (got my first princess on run 5, wanted it for dex completion at least)

I'll say this, princess turtle has the same "massive backfire potential" as regular TT (4x teen +1x elder); but I love how you can do 3 runs and call it a day.

Regular turtle time is rewarding but doing so many runs can be exhausting.

Majukun

So a princess invader is possible on turn 1?

I gemmed once to do a total of 5 runs (got my first princess on run 5, wanted it for dex completion at least)

I'll say this, princess turtle has the same "massive backfire potential" as regular TT (4x teen +1x elder); but I love how you can do 3 runs and call it a day.

Regular turtle time is rewarding but doing so many runs can be exhausting.

i heard one time,don' remember where,that she can't appear on stage 1..probably because any team would be killed instantly really..i don't remember any team that can kill a princess without specials

i heard one time,don' remember where,that she can't appear on stage 1..probably because any team would be killed instantly really..i don't remember any team that can kill a princess without specials

Yeah I was gonna say, turn 1 princess turtle sounds like a "fuck you lol"-type of situation for any team ever.

It'd make no sense to make that possible.

Gizuko

Thank you Ahviigaf for putting up Enel, allowed me to clear Hime rush (only once though, screwed level up timing so gemming wasn't really a good choice, specially for black turtles).

I got one hime drop and no secret hime, so I was pretty lucky.

Dawg

Team I use:

2x Vista
Usopp Golden Pound
Helmeppo
Don Krieg
General Zombie

I don't have the Sanji and the Dog Pen, so I do it like this:

Round 1: stall as much as possible
Round 2: insta kill with Vista
Round 3: Use Usopp's special and kill the turtles without special
Round 4: Use Don Krieg
Round 5: Helmeppo

This is without the secret round, but that's why I have General Zombie as a backup and my second Vista unused. His special hasn't been upgraded so it takes too long for me to wait for it. But if the secret round happens, I can use him. And I still have my second Vista just in case.

Dawg

Vivi Laboon? :3

it would only take you an eternity!

cw_sasuke

This team doesn't use a striker croc? o_O

Yeah..but i could have used him instead of Enel thats what i meant. I have all units but the skilled Enel. Croc would be good replacement..but i dont have him either xD

Tidd

Yeah..but i could have used him instead of Enel thats what i meant. I have all units but the skilled Enel. Croc would be good replacement..but i dont have him either xD

Ah ok. That's what you meant. :D
But yep this team is nice. ElChado posted the better variant of this team before. I definitely try to get sockets for these unused characters once their fortnights return.

Spinx

Damn. I thought General Zombie was useless and never levelled up his special.
KuGsj.gif
I was farming Absalom like crazy, all those books ...

picard-facepalm.jpg~c200

edit: wait. why is general zombie instead of DJ Sanji in Elchado's dream team ? 10 vs 15 :S

Majukun

with maxxed eneru instead of Helmeppo I should be able to match that team in speed.. just stall 14 turns and then unleash the specials

Managed to do 5 runs, princess only dropped once, team was:
Double captain Vista
DJ Sanji
Helmeppo
Don Krieg
SW Shanks (was in case of surprise princess)

cw_sasuke

Only had enough stamina for 2 runs, but got got a Princess drops from each run so in fine. Right now I don't have any units I need to level anyway so stoning for it wasn't an option.

But for the future I would like to work on a more optimised farming squad.

Used the same team as Samurai_Heart.. With the exception of Log Nami instead of SW Shanks.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I like princess turtle runs.

Got 5 princesses, 12 elders, and 18 teens.

That's a lot of XP.

My fastest run was paired with a skill max Enel, but double vista, Sanji, helmeppo, striker croc, and don krieg was very reliable.

chrono01

Princess Turtle is today? I need to give it a shot later... Bros and sisters keep your Vistas up.
Sorry, I did a run earlier and forgot to put my Vista back up. :(

He's there now, in case anyone needs. I'll keep him up for the rest of the day. He's only Level 51, but level isn't really important. He's mostly there for his special and captain ability.

Anyway, have fun!

Hana-Bi

Could run 5 times and made a huge mistake on my first try and failed. Didn't stall enough and used General Zombies special on stage 2 without knowing that my hp will drop to 1. :D

Since I don't have a Vista I used this team:

Vista friend
Basil captain
General Zombie
Poison Croc
Helmeppo
Sanji

I stall on stage one until every special is ready.

Vista and Sanji are used for stages 2 and 3. Poison Croc for the elder turtle on stage 4 and General Zombie and Helmeppo for the final stage. If the secret stage comes up I use Poison Croc. Worked without any problems after my first failed attempt.

I ran 2x Vista, Dog Pen (2nd Stage), Krieg (3rd Stage), Sanji (4th / Secret w/ Vistas), Helmeppo (5th Stage). I timed it to do 2 runs -> gem -> 3 runs -> level up -> 2 more runs and ended up with: 3 Princesses, 16 Elders, 16 Teens. I'll hold onto these until the Sugo and then unload.

xrokis

man reading about all the bad luck on mihawk socketing i kinda feel bad that it took me only 21 to max the one i wanted (lock)..
princess turtle times are neat. it's sooo good that you can only get teenage and elder turtles even if most of us probably don't need INT xp.
the team:
vista / vista
krieg / helmeppo
dog penguin / dj sanji
the annoying part is the stalling for helmeppos special the first stage, but it was still much faster then anticipated.
also saving the elders and princess for int mihawk. you can always dream :D

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
man reading about all the bad luck on mihawk socketing i kinda feel bad that it took me only 21 to max the one i wanted (lock)..
princess turtle times are neat. it's sooo good that you can only get teenage and elder turtles even if most of us probably don't need INT xp.
the team:
vista / vista
krieg / helmeppo
dog penguin / dj sanji
the annoying part is the stalling for helmeppos special the first stage, but it was still much faster then anticipated.
also saving the elders and princess for int mihawk. you can always dream :D
I was so excited about princess turtles that I burnt them all. Knowing my luck I will be punished by pulling 6 star Mihawk.

Top Bottom