• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

chrono01

Not liking the choice of picks for the standard rate-up Sugofest units (too many Log characters, for my liking) but the Valentine ones sweetens the deal somewhat. I would also like Kid, but I've pretty much given up on getting him. :/

Oh well. I'll do my standard 5x pulls and hope.

bzzt

Neo Member
I've been saving for SW Ace, so I finally get to splurge. With about 200 gems, I have to get at least something good, right?

Spinx

Oh my God, all that Log junk and Valentine crap.
tumblr_nk99fhuymq1qhnoouo1_400.gif

I went and did two yolo pulls. Got Mr. 3 and Buggy.
KuGsj.gif
A quick rate up. ok

I was really hoping this sugo was going to be better than this, oh well I'm sure I could be using my gems for better things anyway. Blamenco still eludes me (although I will have a STR Kaku eventually which is kinda like a f2p Blamenco with a 25 turn cooldown since his books aren't out yet) and I wouldn't mind having an Oars Jr. for my Blackbeard team.

The Valentine characters and Kimono Tashigi are interesting but ultimately kinda meh. Log Nami being rated up isn't bad but her usefulness is kinda contingent on you having Whiteybay unless you can make the other INT captains work. I think I'll do 6 pulls and call it at that.

ElChado

Neo Member
Damn. I thought General Zombie was useless and never levelled up his special.
KuGsj.gif
I was farming Absalom like crazy, all those books ...

picard-facepalm.jpg~c200

edit: wait. why is general zombie instead of DJ Sanji in Elchado's dream team ? 10 vs 15 :S

Ah ok. That's what you meant. :D
But yep this team is nice. ElChado posted the better variant of this team before. I definitely try to get sockets for these unused characters once their fortnights return.

For one thing, zombie general is in instead of dj sanji because you stall for your highest cooldown which is helmeppo at 20, so a difference of 15 or 10 doesnt affect the team speed.

That team was built for pure SPEED. DJ sanji has an entire special animation that takes time to view, zombie general is like dog penguin, it just says the name and bam they all die. Plus enel and helmeppo cover both final stage and a hidden princess.

Also it was brought to my attention someone BETTER than helmeppo exists, just because his cooldown is lower at max by 2 turns. The one unit no one would want to max special, the one, the only The Manticore.

Yes you read that right, that monster goes from 33 to 18. He's from Sadichans fortnight.

It's only two turns but the best team now should be the same one with CD sockets, but with the Manticore instead of helmeppo, save 2 turns of stalling.

It also caught my attention, if you only need to stall 10 turns, you dont need the navy ship. So.... Lets use kuros cat ship. that reduces special cooldowns by 1 turn at the start!

That puts us at -3, -3, -2, -1, for a grand total of -9 to special cooldown, and with manticore as the longest stall at 18 base, that means you stall only 9, NINE turns on stage 1.

So this team.

Of course you can exhange Rakuyo for anyone else with a -3 special captain ability, like say, Doma that blue slasher with a monkey, Lao-G, Hack the Revolutionary, F2P Raid boss Duval works too,Or if you are F2P and cant clear raids, Nero works

Just don't try to use Aisa, please don't.

ALSO to note, if Story Moria, not Asguard form gets books that lower his special below 17 or 18 turns (currently he is at 22) Then he can replace Enel or the Manticore in the team as he does 10 hits of 5000 fixed damage, assuming those hits cant overlap if they kill a unit that should kill stage 5.

I know people may ask why not take Tilestone or Squard for their high damage single target flat damage specials on low cooldown? The answer is they both do it to SINGLE TARGET. You want a team that can handle both a normal stage 4 and a hidden stage 4. tilestone deals with hidden stage 4, but can only clear 1 turtle on a normal stage 4 slowing down runs.

Knowing my luck I will be punished by pulling 6 star Mihawk.

Yeah, another damn STR UP sugo. At this point I literally have all remotely worthwhile STR units, including the STR Legends, all pretty much maxed. Come on, game.

If your punishment for being lucky is being more lucky i will take that curse off your hands and into my lonely Whitebeard-only legend collection. Now watch me get monkey-paw cursed and pull another Whitebeard.

RalchAC

My Luffy socketing starts to look good.

Despair and Heal are at 4/5
Bind is 2/5
Cooldown is 3/5

My Usopp is having crap results so far though. 1 point at despair, 0 bind.

I hope we get Ussopn stage soon. 20 stamina means 7 runs for 1 gem and a guaranteed chance to get a copy. Should be faster that way.

Edit: I've been looking at the event info and Namco has been awesome.

- 2x Drop rate in Extra Island.
- Sockets + Afro Luffy for easily socketing some of the best characters in the game.
- A lot of Turtle Times, including a Princess Turtle one. And not only we can choose our own time, its dates align with 2x Super Success.
- Skill up event right after that. And after sockets have been introduced.

Plus a lot of gems.

- Water 7
- Special Going Merry island.
- 5 gems instead of 1 during the day of the game anniversary.
- The Facebook event ones (10)

That's like 30 gems in a one week period, not counting the daily ones. I will save most for future Sugos, since I don't like the current one much. But I wish every F2P game was like this one.

Kumo

meh sugofest, I'll be skipping this one entirely. Mostly looking for an INT sugo at this point. Or SW characters, but who needs those? :p

Majukun

on one hand, I only have 2 of the units with the rate boost.. on the other they are the two with a DOUBLE boost

RalchAC

meh sugofest, I'll be skipping this one entirely. Mostly looking for an INT sugo at this point. Or SW characters, but who needs those? :p

Yeah! We better act as if they didn't exist for our own health :p

It seems it was asked during the interview if people cared about the films. Maybe they just haven't released them yet because they think we "don't care"?

I will hold back for CP9 unless we get a filler Sugo with units I actually need.

My Luffy socketing starts to look good.

Despair and Heal are at 4/5
Bind is 2/5
Cooldown is 3/5

My Usopp is having crap results so far though. 1 point at despair, 0 bind.

I hope we get Ussopn stage soon. 20 stamina means 7 runs for 1 gem and a guaranteed chance to get a copy. Should be faster that way.

my Log Luffy:

3/5 despair and orb matching.
2/5 bind
4/5 cooldown

My GODSOPP:

4/5 despair
1/5 lock

I'm more interested in maxing at least 2-3 of luffy's 4 sockets, as he's both the easier char to socket & seems a slightly more reliable drop than usopp.

But as I'm getting all these usopp drops anyway I figured I might as well use them.

I actually have 3 golden pounds & am seriously considering socketing all 3 of them with different useful skills as usopp's so frequently used, lol.

Spinx

Thanks for the write up, Elchado. Gonna keep my eyes on the Manticore. Sadi chan should be here in a month.

I maxed anti lock on my G3. One more anti silence and I'm done. lol
GP Usopp has max CD reduction, one more anti lock needed but I switched over to impact. I need to put some anti silence and lock on him for easier Aokiji farming.

RalchAC

my Log Luffy:

3/5 despair and orb matching.
2/5 bind
4/5 cooldown

My GODSOPP:

4/5 despair
1/5 lock

I'm more interested in maxing at least 2-3 of luffy's 4 sockets, as he's both the easier char to socket & seems a slightly more reliable drop than usopp.

But as I'm getting all these usopp drops anyway I figured I might as well use them.

I actually have 3 golden pounds & am seriously considering socketing all 3 of them with different useful skills as usopp's so frequently used, lol.

Yeah, I've re-rolled some of the Going Merry islands in order to have 2 Mirage Tempos and 2 GP Usopps as a long term investment. My priority is giving my max/max one Bind and Despair. But I would like to have another with Bind or Despair and Heal at the end of the turn.

Yeah, I've re-rolled some of the Going Merry islands in order to have 2 Mirage Tempos and 2 GP Usopps as a long term investment. My priority is giving my max/max one Bind and Despair. But I would like to have another with Bind or Despair and Heal at the end of the turn.

I was thinking of doing one with either orb boost or skill cooldown + heal to help boost those particular utility/speed up skills for stages that don't have lock or despair.

It's kinda hard to pick as there's basically 5 (soorta 6 if you count rcv up) good skills and 4 (mostly) worthless ones.

2 Mirage Tempos

Is that really necessary? Between Mirage & Kimono nami you basically already have two alternatives to her right?

I was thinking of building mirage towards speed (as her lower cooldown sorta makes her better for low stalling-type situations anyway) & setting up Kimono Nami more as the general jack-of-all-trades powerhouse who can take on lock/despair etc.

Hana-Bi

Maxed my Log Luffy sockets. (Lock, Silence, Orb, Heal)

Usopp is at 4/5 and 3/5 for lock / silence.

A str sugo is kinda good since I don't have Blamenco and a WB would be nice so I could use my 27 WB skill books...

Got a Lucci drop finally. I think it's time to go back to socketing Luffy and Usopp now that I have 2 Kakus and 1 Lucci. This is how I stay ahead of the curve without any of this fancy shmancy Sugo legend luck.

Hana-Bi

Did you use gems to run more frequently? Or just super lucky?

I used some gems. Maybe 3-4. But I had some Kimono Luffys (about 20 saved). I had some luck at the beginning and then I had about 10 Luffys without any new points for my sockets. At the end I needed only 4 Luffys for the last two points so that was super lucky. The drop rate for Luffy wasn't that great...

I'm impressed by Slasher Croc having 4 sockets btw.

Next time prison croc comes along I Think I'd rather invest those copies into socketing up slashcroc, slasher teams can definitely use a solid unit with 4 sockets.

RalchAC

I used some gems. Maybe 3-4. But I had some Kimono Luffys (about 20 saved). I had some luck at the beginning and then I had about 10 Luffys without any new points for my sockets. At the end I needed only 4 Luffys for the last two points so that was super lucky. The drop rate for Luffy wasn't that great...

Yeah, you've been quite lucky. I have used 3 gems so far. I think I will be able to make it in time

chrono01

Maxed my Log Luffy sockets. (Lock, Silence, Orb, Heal)

Usopp is at 4/5 and 3/5 for lock / silence.

A str sugo is kinda good since I don't have Blamenco and a WB would be nice so I could use my 27 WB skill books...
Congrats!

I'm having horrible luck with my last point, I just need a single CD socket and the game won't give it to me. I fed 10x Afro Luffy this morning, no go. :/

Kyou

I didnt really have anything in particular to use the green turtles on so I upped my Mihawk enough that he should hit max level after getting his skill up

Hana-Bi

Finally a Water 7 drop (Lucci). I think I won't go for 2 Lucci / 2 Kaku - will try to get Kaku and then go for another drop (Lucci or Kaku) and will farm the missing Lucci / Kaku later.

Second Facebook thing is... weird

Competing posts to get a legend Mihawk or Ace evolver set

Neat??

It's exactly what I've been telling people it would be for days now. Same with Ivankov being this week.

No idea what else people were really expecting.

Heng

It's exactly what I've been telling people it would be for days now. Same with Ivankov being this week.

No idea what else people were really expecting.
I wasn't expecting much but at least I'm getting what I wanted: 10 gems. Not going to bother pulling this Sugofest since I have almost all the boosted characters outside of the legends.

What do you guys think the next batch that'll be added to the pulls? I want to say SW but they may face the same fate as Zephyr. I'll go with the new CP9 versions which will be on time for Eneis Lobby part 1 or 2.

RedBoot

Today's results from Kaku/Lucci farming: eight lobsters, one rainbow pirate penguin, and three cotton candies and a beli bag (both from Kaku). Zero Kakus or Luccis. On the plus side, I have that stage down completely. It's a super easy run now.

What do you guys think the next batch that'll be added to the pulls? I want to say SW but they may face the same fate as Zephyr. I'll go with the new CP9 versions which will be on time for Eneis Lobby part 1 or 2.

It'll probably be the Revolutionaries, alongside introducing the Freedom type. We'll probably get the Calgara fortnight early too. At this rate, we'll finish the Impel Down fortnights sometime in the summer. :p

I expect we'll see the CP9 sugo alongside EL2, just like Japan. Should be ~3 months from now.

I'm not expecting SW anymore. We got the Loghats instead. Not sure where we'll be getting our 2.5 Atk for STR and Shooters from.

To be honest, I think they kind of over did it with the different iterations of CP9 members in this game. Do we really need 4 versions of Kaku and 4 versions of Lucci?

I'm not expecting SW anymore. We got the Loghats instead. Not sure where we'll be getting our 2.5 Atk for Shooters from.

Where but from the commander of the NEO Non-Copyright Infringement Boat Army, Jeffyr!

Lq7CHAo.png

DrAg0nBoY

Welp seems like I will be stopping playing this game. I am only starting the game only to get my gem and that's it. I farmed only 4 Mihawks, even though I wanted to max his special.

I will have 60 gems for this sugo. I will probably use all 60 and see what I get. If I don't get a legend or anyother good unit I will either stop playing the game and give my account to someone or just open the app to get my daily gems.

Green turtle time was very kind to me today, managed to max out my smoker. Just need to wait til seahorse day to get his new bike!

With the SUPER SUCCESS luck, I have no idea if I should go full ham at this sugo or not haha. Maybe a few pulls when it comes up.

And since everyone was sharing Princess Turtle teams earlier, here was mines in video form. Wanted to help a friend with it and I suppose I should post it here too. It's a Enel/Enel heavy stall team, no skill ups needed.

Majukun

gems galore today

i knew ivankov would be the raid this time..i might farm it this time and call it a day..it has 8 level ups to do right?with the fact that it is during the skillup event i might be able to maximize the number of copies..only problem is to find a team with which farm him consistently sicne i have no apoo and no law..but last time i didn't have miss doublefinger nor doffy

ElChado

Neo Member
Yeah ivankov may not have the best special, but for a free unit he has solid stats. Plus you all may be forgetting he's a raid boss with 4-FOUR-sockets you can fill.

Maybe you socket him for despair and bring another unit along with 5 in despair to completely negate blackbeards silence when he probably returns next week or maybe another chopper return.

Ivankov may not fit many teams but with Raid enel that's 3 different sockets you can get up to 10 points with in a quick team, assuming you kept or have enel copies for skill up.

Until we get a lot of fortnights returned, pull a bunch on sugos or have a bunch of dupes saved for skill up tomorrow, most of us won't have many sockets activated, ivankov may be a simple unit to socket and use until other units get their time to be socketed.

Likewise chopperman with his ridiculous 5 sockets may be a simple unit to throw on some teams just to activate lots of sockets until others get socketed.

gems galore today

i knew ivankov would be the raid this time..i might farm it this time and call it a day..it has 8 level ups to do right?with the fact that it is during the skillup event i might be able to maximize the number of copies..only problem is to find a team with which farm him consistently sicne i have no apoo and no law..but last time i didn't have miss doublefinger nor doffy

also..i was wondering..is perona's 80% defense reduction enough for the last stage of princess turtle if i have this team

2 x vista
dj sanji
dogpen
don kraig
perona

the 20% od 500k defnse is 100k..so i just need to do 100k + the princess and elders' hp?

sounds doable

For reference, 100k Def is the same as an elder turtle naturally has and double vista with matching orbs cannot break that defense with attacks.

Majukun

Yeah ivankov may not have the best special, but for a free unit he has solid stats. Plus you all may be forgetting he's a raid boss with 4-FOUR-sockets you can fill.

Maybe you socket him for despair and bring another unit along with 5 in despair to completely negate blackbeards silence when he probably returns next week or maybe another chopper return.

Ivankov may not fit many teams but with Raid enel that's 3 different sockets you can get up to 10 points with in a quick team, assuming you kept or have enel copies for skill up.

Until we get a lot of fortnights returned, pull a bunch on sugos or have a bunch of dupes saved for skill up tomorrow, most of us won't have many sockets activated, ivankov may be a simple unit to socket and use until other units get their time to be socketed.

Likewise chopperman with his ridiculous 5 sockets may be a simple unit to throw on some teams just to activate lots of sockets until others get socketed.

For reference, 100k Def is the same as an elder turtle naturally has and double vista with matching orbs cannot break that defense with attacks.

yep,checked with the damage calculator..it breaks but just by 1 thousand for me,definitely not enough..oh well i'll wait till i max enel to get my super-fast hime-breaking team..4 minutes are enough for now

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
To be honest, I think they kind of over did it with the different iterations of CP9 members in this game. Do we really need 4 versions of Kaku and 4 versions of Lucci?

Where but from the commander of the NEO Non-Copyright Infringement Boat Army, Jeffyr!

Lq7CHAo.png
Kaku and Lucci are extremely popular. Before dressrosa I believe they were top 10-15 in popularity polls. I think Kaku was at one point the 9th most popular character in the Manga.

4 farmable sockets suddenly gives Ivankov a super clear purpose, hahahah.

I think I'll take some time to farm Ivankov now sockets are out.

/edit Wooh just got 2x despair sockets on LOG Luffy & maxed his anti-despair.

Nibel

Finally a Water 7 drop (Lucci). I think I won't go for 2 Lucci / 2 Kaku - will try to get Kaku and then go for another drop (Lucci or Kaku) and will farm the missing Lucci / Kaku later.

What is the general opinion on these two? Worth farming?

Heng

Kaku is meh more or less while Lucci is really good, at least his QCK version. His STR version is nice but there's so many good STR units already. His orb manipulation abilities are nice on both forms but my STR team is already capable of giving me full red orbs.

Both seem to be worth farming and they have 2 forms that have different types, Kaku second form might be useful for alternative to Arlong in a slasher team:

HP 2,284 ATK 1,289 RCV 134
Special: Changes all slots to [STR] [PSY] [INT], deals random STR damage to all enemies, and reduces all enemies’ DEF by half for 2 turns

HP 2,200 ATK 1,302 RCV 140
Special: Changes [RCV] orbs into [QCK] orbs, changes adjacent orbs into [QCK] orbs
------------------------------------------------------------

HP 2,523 ATK 1,000 RCV 196
Special: Changes all slots to [QCK] [DEX] and deals random QCK damage to all enemies

HP 2,526 ATK 1,200 RCV 114
Special: Deals 20x character's ATK in [STR] damage to all enemies, changes [QCK] orbs into [STR] orbs

Also I have 19 unread mail because I don't want crap to fill my box currently lol, can't even tell which mail would give me rainbow gems to dare touch them XD
tumblr_mgj9aqKhAY1s2axdno1_r2_500.gif

Nibel

Kaku is meh more or less while Lucci is really good, at least his QCK version. His STR version is nice but there's so many good STR units already. His orb manipulation abilities are nice on both forms but my STR team is already capable of giving me full red orbs.

Both seem to be worth farming and they have 2 forms that have different types, Kaku second form might be useful for alternative to Arlong in a slasher team:

Also I have 19 unread mail because I don't want crap to fill my box currently lol, can't even tell which mail would give me rainbow gems to dare touch them XD
tumblr_mgj9aqKhAY1s2axdno1_r2_500.gif

Okay, guess I'll put that on the to-do list.

Man, they really gotta up the mailbox limit, or delete old ass messages you don't need anymore

Okay, guess I'll put that on the to-do list.

Man, they really gotta up the mailbox limit, or delete old ass messages you don't need anymore
Nah it's not the mail limit I just have no space on my character box lol, these mail with a bunch of evolver materials etc's not helping my farming for GP Usopp books and such whilst keeping a bunch of skillbooks XD

Top Bottom