• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
xrokis and DrAg0nBoY, congrats to both of you as well. Level them up well!

It totally happens! But I appreciate the sentiment. This is just as much a part of playing the game and rolling the dice. I actually went back in and did a couple more pulls which led to a Sengoku copy after feeding all the duplicate copies I got which resulted in a varying amount of success skill up (ie. skill maxed Log Chopper) and socket wise. All's well that ends well.
Man, you've got some tough luck pulling legend dupes. It's kind of a bad feeling.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Man, you've got some tough luck pulling legend dupes. It's kind of a bad feeling.

I still consider it lucky. However at this point I am batting .500, as I have pulled 5 copies (+3 WB, +1 Ray, +1 Sengoku). I still don't know what to do with them yet (minus one WB I used for a splv up way back), I don't feel compelled to whiff on a socket attempt given the probability of even pulling one legend. The only thing I'm actually kind of sour about is the rate ups, I knew what there were going in... but I mean we really, really should've got that QCK Sugo. I really wanted a Thatch. At this point the next one will probably be INT too.

I'll catch up sooner or later, and hopefully we can pair up some Mihawk legends down the road. Really happy for you dude! *thumbs up*

Verelios

...I was so happy seeing a red poster for my first pull yet it was Shanks again! What am I going to do with it. I was frustrated so I made 8 more pulls in anger, all of them dupes.

Sigh

chrono01

Reading Reddit, there are a lot of people pulling Legends. Granted, it could just be people posting only good results , which makes it skew more towards positive than not, but when comparing to the posts here on NeoGAF too, you have to wonder.

I know more than a few here are still having poor luck, but the rate DOES seem slightly higher. Maybe it's something Namco Bandai is doing for our first Anniversary?

Reading Reddit, there are a lot of people pulling Legends. Granted, it could just be people posting only good results , which makes it skew more towards positive than not, but when comparing to the posts here on NeoGAF too, you have to wonder.

I know more than a few here are still having poor luck, but the rate DOES seem slightly higher. Maybe it's something Namco Bandai is doing for our first Anniversary?

It could just be more of a product of everyone having a shit ton of gems to do pulls. I wouldn't necessarily go by my personal record with sugo pulls though.

chrono01

It could just be more of a product of everyone having a shit ton of gems to do pulls. I wouldn't necessarily go by my personal record with sugo pulls though.
Yeah, it could just have to do with the mass number of people pulling.

Anyway, I did a few more pulls hoping for Kid. I didn't get him, but I did get Log Franky for the collection and a Jozu [finally]. Down to 29 Rainbow Gems now, but I figure it's the Anniversary so I might as well splurge a bit. I usually just do 5x pulls anyway, so I'll get those gems back soon enough.

Jayhawk

With this weekly trend of raid bosses, I'm not sure what raid bosses I would spend gems on anymore. I think I'll just be patient with skilling up raid bosses via natural stamina. Gems on sugofests!

5 pulls:

3* Arlong
4* Eustass Kid
4* Miss Valentine
3* Mister Prince
3* Miss Wednesday

That 2/2 skill up on Whitebeard coming back to bite me in the ass. RNG giveth, and RNG taketh away. Kid is new though, at least; glad I held on to his books.

Think I'll do another 5 pulls later.

Congratulations to everyone who got legends this time.

RalchAC

Ok, here are my pulls:

4* Oars Jr (nice!)
4* Law (omg, this man has been eluding me for months!)
4* Krieg
4* Valentine Viví.
4* Log Zoro

I was going to do 2 pulls, but my early good luck tempted me to do some more.

Copons

Urgh, dupe legend for me too, at like, the second pull. Sengoku, I like you but I'd have rather pulled someone else to keep the bragging going. :p

Anywhoo, got evolved Blamenco and new Perona. All in all it was an ok sugo.
I recall seeing Blamenco getting a lot of use quite some time ago, but I forgot for what reason, and I'm sure now it's 100% useless. :D

Firestorm

Okay decided to do some re-rolling to finally begin:

• Iron Mace Alvida
  • Blamenco
  • Enraged Arlong: Shark on Tooth
  • Roronoa Zoro
  • Choo
  • Shanks: Black Clad Redhead

That Shanks is apparently godlike based on my friend calling me names and this thread so keepin' with it! Blamenco, Alvida, and Arlong seem to be good too? Gonna read up on stuff and begin. After finishing my manga re-read I'm in for going through the story again in a mobile game :3

Dandte

Started with 72 gems, First i wanted to skip this sugo, than i pulled because i saw all These legends....i Will Never Leave the legendless club

xyxV1Hh.jpg

By far the worst sugo ever. And i'm still stuck on the supernovae batch...

Jayhawk

Anywhoo, got evolved Blamenco and new Perona. All in all it was an ok sugo.
I recall seeing Blamenco getting a lot of use quite some time ago, but I forgot for what reason, and I'm sure now it's 100% useless. :D

Refer to statement about Blamenco below.

• Iron Mace Alvida
  • Blamenco
  • Roronoa Zoro
  • Choo

That Shanks is apparently godlike based on my friend calling me names and this thread so keepin' with it! Blamenco, Alvida, and Arlong seem to be good too? Gonna read up on stuff and begin. After finishing my manga re-read I'm in for going through the story again in a mobile game :3

You can farm for Alvida and Arlong through the story and fortnight isles, so pulling them from a sugofest isn't that great. However, they are great units. Starting off with a legend is recommended for a new account, and you've accomplished that with SW Shanks.

Blamenco is a great STR unit as a sub because of his special that converts DEX and QCK orbs to STR. There are a few fortnights where his orb conversion special gives you a full set of STR orbs. Otherwise, a Kraken and Blamenco special pairing can give you a full set of STR orbs and both their ATKs are high. My STR teams always have those two.

not going in with high expectations, but let's do 5 yolo pulls:

1. log chopper dupe
2. dancing jango (new lol)
3. sogeking (dupe)
4. X-drake (new!)
5. capone (dupe)

Pleased with X-drake, always nice to fill in gaps. Might do some more pulls later as I'm still over 100 gems.

slash3584

Got:

Sweet Perona
2 x Log Sanjis
Log Zoro (dupe)
2 x Log Franky
Silver Sanji
Mr 5 (dupe)
Chaka
That fucking guy from Arlong's crew that spits water. (also dupe)

I've had worst sugos, but I had high expectations for this one :(

Heng

I went against my instinct and decided to use 8 pulls and I got:

Log Nami (1st evolution. Dupe)
Miss Wednesday (dupe)
Fossa (evolved, dupe)
Chakra (dupe)
Don Krieg (dupe)
Mr. Prince (dupe)
Arm point Chopper (New...)
Kuma (4 star, dupe)

And...

Omg yes! Now I can use a legend to finally farm ;-; No more hoping to find someone else using Kid...

Congrats to all the legend pullers tonight! Seems like the legend-less club is slowly thinning.

Gizuko

The saddest part of this sugo was editing my crews to switch originals with dupes, since they come at lvl 50 (Bonney was specially painful since she was lvl 46). Also, no Valentine's characters for me.

Is there any problem in feeding a dupe regular shanks to my sw shanks? Keeping one regular shanks, of course.

Congrats to all who pulled legends!

RalchAC

Miss Wednesday (dupe)
Fossa (evolved, dupe)
Chakra (dupe)
Don Krieg (dupe)
Mr. Prince (dupe)
Kuma (4 star, dupe)

And...

Omg yes! Now I can use a legend to finally farm ;-; No more hoping to find someone else use Kid...

Congrats to all the legend pullers tonight! Seems like the legend-less club is slowly thinning.

Congrats Heng! More Log Luffy bros are always a good thing!

The saddest part of this sugo was editing my crews to switch originals with dupes, since they come at lvl 50 (Bonney was specially painful since she was lvl 46). Also, no Valentine's characters for me.

Is there any problem in feeding a dupe regular shanks to my sw shanks? Keeping one regular shanks, of course.

Congrats to all who pulled legends!

You get a random power (aka socket).

The Valentine's Day character aren't that great, so you aren't missing anything.

Gizuko

You get a random power (aka socket).

The Valentine's Day character aren't that great, so you aren't missing anything.

I guess the chance to level shanks special (regular) isn't that good over socketing sw then? To be honest I haven't been in a situation yet where I would have rather used regular shanks, but I was wondering if that would change down the line (so that I might regret not socketing regular shanks at all).

chrono01

• Iron Mace Alvida
  • Blamenco
  • Roronoa Zoro
  • Choo

Congrats on Shanks, and welcome to the game! Whenever you're ready, feel free to add yourself to the Google doc as well as add those of us already there. Have fun!

On the subject of Sugofest, there's been some mixed luck here tonight. Some really nice pulls, a few mot-so-good ones, and then some horrible. Sorry to those having a rough time of it.

But not this guy.

Miss Wednesday (dupe)
Fossa (evolved, dupe)
Chakra (dupe)
Don Krieg (dupe)
Mr. Prince (dupe)
Kuma (4 star, dupe)

And...

Omg yes! Now I can use a legend to finally farm ;-; No more hoping to find someone else using Kid...

Congrats, man. Log Luffy is one hell of a pull. Once you get used to his requirements (especially after coming from G3, it feels weird at first to intentionally miss the first two Perfect) you'll never look back. You did good.

Majukun

9 pulls,because i'm an idiot that way

silver arlong
nojiko
v1 luffy
log chopper (dupe)
shanks (new)
capone (new)
miss valentine
capone (lol)
pearl

the non legend streak stays strong!

Dawg

Are log zoro and nami even any good? They are the only new units I pulled.

At least Zoro was final evo and level 50 bringing his ATK close to 1000. Decent sub, I guess. Nami was lvl 50 too, but still previous form >.>

chrono01

silver arlong
nojiko
v1 luffy
log chopper (dupe)
shanks (new)
capone (new)
miss valentine
capone (lol)
pearl

:(

At least you got two new units out of it, but yeah those are some pretty saddening pulls. Feast or famine, it seems.

At least Zoro was final evo and level 50 bringing his ATK close to 1000. Decent sub, I guess. Nami was lvl 50 too, but still previous form >.>
Log Nami is great, not so sure on Zoro. I think the only real usable one is Nami and, in some instances, Usopp. Of course Luffy is the most valuable, but I'm speaking more of the common/standard ones.

I'm actually strange, but I like pulling the earlier form so I can complete them in my character book. I have to get as many of those entries as I can!

Heng

Heh thanks, I look forward to using him!

Congrats, man. Log Luffy is one hell of a pull. Once you get used to his requirements (especially after coming from G3, it feels weird at first to intentionally miss the first two Perfect) you'll never look back. You did good.
I never had a g3... :(

Well I guess I'll farm this fortnight since I need sockets...

RalchAC

Nami is decent as a Hime Turtle captain if you don't have Vista, and her orb boost should be useful for a while.

Log Zoro does't seem especially useful. Halloween Zoro keeps being best Zoro (sub).

silver arlong
nojiko
v1 luffy
log chopper (dupe)
shanks (new)
capone (new)
miss valentine
capone (lol)
pearl

YNYqn0A.gif

So I was trying to farm a purple pirate penguin and I usually fish for new friend captains and I saw a someone with a 521 pirate level. I sent him a friend request (somehow he wasn't full) but he probably looks at my lowly 260 pirate level and scoffs. I thought Lucy was crazy pushing nearly 400 but this guy is on a whole nother level.

Majukun

Oh, in that case you're in for something truly special. Enjoy that power!

One day your luck will come, Maju. Hang in there.

i know my luck,it won't :p

if anything,i wasn't expecting anything this time because of the pattern..after a decent sugofest i ALWAYS get 1 or 2 terrible ones

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Nice Heng, big congrats!

Legends or not, nice to see new units all around with everyone as well.

Having box space again has let me finally play... finished Impact Usopp with 5/5 lock and silence. Working on a second GP now and his eventual special when Carue returns. MC is still a slow trickle but maybe, just maybe and if I can finish off G3 that will be a definite bonus.

Lastly I did... the bathroom pull (tmi, my bad). But I finally got my freaking Thatch *siiigh*. He was the last real rare recruit I was missing (minus some of these 'special' units) and I've been after the bastard since September of last year. Grateful he finally joined my crew.

So I was trying to farm a purple pirate penguin and I usually fish for new friend captains and I saw a someone with a 561 pirate level. I sent him a friend request (somehow he wasn't full) but he probably looks at my lowly 260 pirate level and scoffs. I thought Lucy was crazy pushing nearly 400 but this guy is on a whole nother level.

You found the highest player in the game for GBL, there are a couple people in the 400's now. One player quit awhile back due to burning out, stopped at 417 but I think he picked up Bleach Brave Souls. Empty achievement wise currently I'm there floating in the top 10 for plv... but yeah some players play around the clock. From what I've noticed, after grinding for so long some players will eventually just up and quit, sell their accounts or just keep crazy going. *raises hand*, I am in the latter.

Nibel

TWO LEGENDS DROPPED

Ca1zCBJXEAANgXQ.jpg

AND

Ca1zCBFWAAAQG1F.jpg

BREHS GET ON THAT LEVEL RIGHT NOW BLESS UP

Also I received Bartho, Law and lots of dupes, still got a bunch of gems I'm sitting on

EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif

Dandte

I did it, i'm going to restart...well if someone from reddit has a account for me, i'm to dumb for rerolling with some fancy root explorations stuff on pc etc...i'm an apple user, this is to much complicated technology, haha.

Kumo

Yessss finally maxed GPU is mine. Feels like it's been a long time coming. I only had to suffer through 2 of the worst fortnights so far (imo) with Kuro and Carue to get him. Now to try and skill max a second GPU lol... but this will be a long term goal among other things so I'll probably hold off on it.

Jesus, TWO legends?? Congrats man.

Time for my final few gems over 100:

1. Log Nami. (She's great if you have Whitey Bay right? Cause I do)
2. Log Nami again.. lol
3. Mr.5 /shrug
4. Kimono Tashigi o: ... is she good? I've seen people want her.

ah_hia

Did my last 3 pulls against my better judgement.
Got screwed royally by sanji, mr. prince and thunderbolt nami. STR up my ass.

so I'm looking at LOG Nami,

as long as you have whitey bay she basically grants INT-based burst teams their own int orb booster to use in a team of:

whitey bay / towel nami
robin / LOG nami
??? / ???

Would that be correct?

Is Kimono tashigi used for anything in particular?

Majukun

so I'm looking at LOG Nami,

as long as you have whitey bay she basically grants INT-based burst teams their own int orb booster to use in a team of:

whitey bay / towel nami
robin / LOG nami
??? / ???

Would that be correct?

Is Kimono tashigi used for anything in particular?

for what i remember,tashigi is just a slightly powered up version of mr 3

Top Bottom