• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Kyou

Has Japan ever given out keys in anything less than sets of 3?

kinda weird to make it require 3 keys when you can never get anything other number of them

It is with great trepidation and regret that I must announce my resignation from my position as chairman and founder of the OPTC GAF Legendless support group. As my final executive order, I would like to appoint Maju as the new group leader and wish him the best in counselling the grief stricken victims of perilous RNG.

In what I can only assume was some sort of hacking attempt or cyber crime to subvert my near year long sustained support group organization, I pulled this here unit after permitting myself to do 3 more pulls this morning setting a new limit to let my gem total go no lower than 30. Due to my now ethically compromised position, I must resign from my formerly held appointment.

I will look fondly upon my 350 day pin and reminisce of the time we spent together despising our fellow community members. And while I may no longer be a member of the group, I'd like to pass on the wisdom that eventually bitching on the internet much to the chagrin of your peers and overpulling past your previously established limits may one day work out for you.

Kyou

It is with great trepidation and regret that I must announce my resignation from my position as chairman and founder of the OPTC GAF Legendless support group. As my final executive order, I would like to appoint Maju as the new group leader and wish him the best in counselling the grief stricken victims of perilous RNG.

In what I can only assume was some sort of hacking attempt or cyber crime to subvert my near year long sustained support group organization, I pulled this here unit after permitting myself to do 3 more pulls this morning setting a new limit to let my gem total go no lower than 30. Due to my now ethically compromised position, I must resign from my formerly held appointment.

I will look fondly upon my 350 day pin and reminisce of the time we spent together despising our fellow community members. And while I may no longer be a member of the group, I'd like to pass on the wisdom that eventually bitching on the internet much to the chagrin of your peers and overpulling past your previously established limits may one day work out for you.
Traitor.

congrats!

chrono01

Haha, oh wow. Congrats!

At first, I thought you were quitting the game over bad Sugofest pulls, I'm glad to see I was wrong.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Lol, congrats Zeke! I saw you had him up, good for you man.

Maybe if you are new. But high level players don't see much use of that. Unless they give us the pirate-exp Japan got.
they won't

Ultimately it's still kinda sorta better than not using the FP? If it was teens and elders only now that would be something, that being said I don't see myself using my FP at all personally. Lobsters being back is worthwhile to semi-restock and Rayleigh training is always good for the free gem and the quick'er' level up.

Maybe if you are new. But high level players don't see much use of that. Unless they give us the pirate-exp Japan got.
they won't

EXP is true to a degree, but are you saying Turtles aren't useful for high level players?

At least with the EXP it's at least 1 free level and a gem so it's basically a free stamina refill and a gem for nothing.

Traitor.

congrats!

I WAS FRAMED!

Haha, oh wow. Congrats!

At first, I thought you were quitting the game over bad Sugofest pulls, I'm glad to see I was wrong.

No way. If I were going to quit, I would have to do something drastic and go nuclear, sell all my units, and then somehow get myself banned from GAF.

Lol, congrats Zeke! I saw you had him up, good for you man.

Oh no, I was almost found out! I'm glad I saved my princess turtles so I was able to evolve him by the end of the day. Now I just have to do some leveling and then try to tackle the Whitebeard forest.

RalchAC

Hahaha awesome post Zeke

And congrats!

RalchAC

This event is that bad, no one is even talking about it. Lol
At least we get the lobster island for 2 days.

It feels like a newbie focused events. Probably the new event brought quite a bit of new players.

Many people may have known the game due to the Facebook sharing, or just because the last Sugo was insanely attractive for new players.

Kumo

Aww I'm gonna miss the funny gifs you post during sugofests. :p

Congrats! Seems like almost everyone here has at least 1 legend now.

It feels like a newbie focused events. Probably the new event brought quite a bit of new players.

Many people may have known the game due to the Facebook sharing, or just because the last Sugo was insanely attractive for new players.

I'm okay with the event. Keys are hard to come by because barrel breaking is inconvenient and often not even worth it so I won't turn down free keys. I kinda wish they'd nix the location requirement to encourage people to do it more. I'm sure if they polled their users, they'd find out that 99% of them are spoofing their GPS coordinates anyway.

And well, I'll take just about anything to spend friend points on. It's takes so long for them to do actual FP events that I have no qualms about spending my points now.

Thanks for the congratulations all, btw. It's nice that most of the newer legends have synergy with regular type and class captains, the exceptions being Log Luffy and Segoku. Don't fret if you haven't pulled a legend just yet, this game is more of a marathon than a sprint.

I wouldn't worry too much. I'm sure I'll find plenty of other reasons to get angry and crumudgeony about.

Yeah, so, this might be the worst Sugo I ever had. Did 8 more pulls and got:

4* Smoker
3* Hammer Usopp
3* Smoker
4* Curiel
3* Hatchan
4* Namule
3* Buggy
3* Mr. 2 Bon Clay

All those 3*s...
Kid and Namule are new, at least.

Kyou

A combination of high fever and butthurtness caused me to drop some coin trying to get a legend earlier, still nope but I did get enough new things that I can't complain

edit: also I'm pretty sure I got literally every single non-legend strength unit except G3 luffy, I'll have to check a list

Gizuko

It's not that the rates were improved, it's that the pool now has more Legends to potentially pull from as opposed to 1 or 2 that we had for a very long time. That's why people think that Japan has better rates, but it's simply because the Legend volume is so much higher so the chances of you pulling one is much higher than what it was on Global.

Also, not sure if I'm on the Doc but I'd love for some of these new 6* Mihawk friends. Dropping my code here. Feel free to add even if you don't have him, but at least have either a Legend lead or a Max level and/or skilled lead like G3 or a Raid Boss.

839 607 494

Does optc's gacha work like this? I always thought most gacha games worked like Chain Chronicle (using random rates as an example):

First roll determines the tier - 60% 3*, 30% 4*, 10% 5* (I'm guessing it would be 9,5% non-legend 5* and 0,5% legend).
Second roll determines character - here is where class and type rate-ups would pitch in.

I thought it was the norm.

Majukun

1ba1b6de036b3daa75dc21e28a0b7cbe.gif

congrats

Congrats! Seems like almost everyone here has at least 1 legend now.

ALMOST

Does optc's gacha work like this? I always thought most gacha games worked like Chain Chronicle (using random rates as an example):

First roll determines the tier - 60% 3*, 30% 4*, 10% 5* (I'm guessing it would be 9,5% non-legend 5* and 0,5% legend).
Second roll determines character - here is where class and type rate-ups would pitch in.

I thought it was the norm.

It's always a possibility, but I've noticed that as Japan gets more and more Legends the amount of people pulling them seemed to get much higher, and now the exact same thing is happening on Global.

do you keep getting sockets you have already maxxed or does that work like in the japanese version where you stop getting a socket if you maxxed it?

So far I've never gotten a single dupe, I'd immediately post if I did get one though.

Evidence suggests that it's like Japan because I've not heard of a single person getting a dupe ever.

ElChado

Neo Member
Ah im so sad and mad at myself.

I finally had a solid run through whitebeard forest with my double wb team with orb socket doffy.

Get to stage 19, clear everyone but blamenco, juggle him with alvida and wolf zoro.

But what i didnt realize until later was i hit him too hard, i rotated him till he was REALLY close to dead and wb specials were up and alvidas was up, and finished him off healing some meat, enter whitebeard stage 20.

I get chopped down to 2097 hp, figure alright im fine i just need to heal before i use alvida, worst case i zoro first then alvida the second hit.

Clear marco and jozu with a doffy special on turn 2, hit turn 3 where whitebeard has 1 turn counter, notice i got 0 meat and zoro isnt up yet 1 turn left ( he's max specialed, i forgot i used zoro on blamenco before entering this stage instead of using usopp last).

I needed either 2 meat or zoro up to survive that turn. RIP best whitebeard run yet.

My orb socket on doffy has been a double edged sword. I've gotten past jozu and most stages a lot easier with matching orbs LOT more often, but i also dont get meat sometimes when i really need it. I'm not looking forward to having to brute force the forest by just running it constantly till it shits out enough meat orbs at the right time.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Ah im so sad and mad at myself.

I finally had a solid run through whitebeard forest with my double wb team with orb socket doffy.

Get to stage 19, clear everyone but blamenco, juggle him with alvida and wolf zoro.

But what i didnt realize until later was i hit him too hard, i rotated him till he was REALLY close to dead and wb specials were up and alvidas was up, and finished him off healing some meat, enter whitebeard stage 20.

I get chopped down to 2097 hp, figure alright im fine i just need to heal before i use alvida, worst case i zoro first then alvida the second hit.

Clear marco and jozu with a doffy special on turn 2, hit turn 3 where whitebeard has 1 turn counter, notice i got 0 meat and zoro isnt up yet 1 turn left ( he's max specialed, i forgot i used zoro on blamenco before entering this stage instead of using usopp last).

I needed either 2 meat or zoro up to survive that turn. RIP best whitebeard run yet.

My orb socket on doffy has been a double edged sword. I've gotten past jozu and most stages a lot easier with matching orbs LOT more often, but i also dont get meat sometimes when i really need it. I'm not looking forward to having to brute force the forest by just running it constantly till it shits out enough meat orbs at the right time.
I'm hitting the same road block, albeit in a different fashion. I have double log Luffy and I can breeze through to level 19 now, but for whatever reason, I never have a green orb in order to kill both Ace and Dex Gun dude. Then in that scenario, I kinda just lose, since I won't have enough turns to kill everyone else, but even if I do, I'll be too behind the 8-ball on specials / damage taken for the last stage.

At least I evolved my Mihawk solely by feeding him skillbooks. Woot.

ElChado

Neo Member
I'm hitting the same road block, albeit in a different fashion. I have double log Luffy and I can breeze through to level 19 now, but for whatever reason, I never have a green orb in order to kill both Ace and Dex Gun dude. Then in that scenario, I kinda just lose, since I won't have enough turns to kill everyone else, but even if I do, I'll be too behind the 8-ball on specials / damage taken for the last stage.

At least I evolved my Mihawk solely by feeding him skillbooks. Woot.

I'm running with orb sockets level 1 and it really really helps with matching orbs, albeit it's also my biggest gripe as im not getting meat when i need it.

I've constantly been doing stupid stuff now and messing up on the previous stages like not paying attention and dying to namule first strike because i didnt get meat on thatch and didnt pay attention to GPU him, or healing too much on izo and too many clowns don't die, leading me to die, or i get to jozu and just dont get the orbs on wb/wb or doffy to clear lobsters besides when i doffy special.

My most hliarious death was when i had alvida up and used for vista then on that very turn i love-tapped him too hard and he just hit sub 20% to kill me.

Just now i had a run where i didnt zone out

Until stage 19, where i AGAIN got blamenco too low leading to me to kill him this time even earlier so my wb specials weren't up, zoro was but not wb. i got marco killed but also got 0 meat to tank a jozu hit while zoro negating wb.

I really need to stop doing this runs when im tired, and RNG needs to stop messing with me on meat.

For log luffy teams isn't stage 19 one of the stages they suggest using doffy on then juggle blamenco for doffy special to cd?

Jupiter

Damn my luck this Sugofest! First I pull Boa Hancock on my secondary account which I never use, then I pull a red poster on my primary but it ends up being Rayleigh(already have him). I know that's nothing to complain about but it would have been awesome if it was any other legend.

Dandte

Damn my luck this Sugofest! First I pull Boa Hancock on my secondary account which I never use, then I pull a red poster on my primary but it ends up being Rayleigh(already have him). I know that's nothing to complain about but it would have been awesome if it was any other legend.
Meanwhile i bought 6 gems to do two more pulls and got

Dupe guard Point chopper
Dupe log chopper

At least more sockets for My mc. But i'm currently leveling up a rerolled ace Account thx to hisoka. Once we get the right Units i'm back in the Game!

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I'm running with orb sockets level 1 and it really really helps with matching orbs, albeit it's also my biggest gripe as im not getting meat when i need it.

I've constantly been doing stupid stuff now and messing up on the previous stages like not paying attention and dying to namule first strike because i didnt get meat on thatch and didnt pay attention to GPU him, or healing too much on izo and too many clowns don't die, leading me to die, or i get to jozu and just dont get the orbs on wb/wb or doffy to clear lobsters besides when i doffy special.

My most hliarious death was when i had alvida up and used for vista then on that very turn i love-tapped him too hard and he just hit sub 20% to kill me.

Just now i had a run where i didnt zone out

Until stage 19, where i AGAIN got blamenco too low leading to me to kill him this time even earlier so my wb specials weren't up, zoro was but not wb. i got marco killed but also got 0 meat to tank a jozu hit while zoro negating wb.

I really need to stop doing this runs when im tired, and RNG needs to stop messing with me on meat.

For log luffy teams isn't stage 19 one of the stages they suggest using doffy on then juggle blamenco for doffy special to cd?
Yep, that's the one. But if nobody has green orbs, Doffy can't kill Ace.

Also I have despair level 1, cool down level 1, antilock level 2, and matching orbs level 2, so I'm real set from that perspective. Having matching orbs is probably ruining my meat getting a spare orb chances. Just have to get lucky.

Majukun

the temptation of other pulls is strong..but i'll wait a new interesting batch to put many gems in it..also between ivankov,ener,socketing garp and so on,gems are going to fly away in the following weeks

the temptation of other pulls is strong..but i'll wait a new interesting batch to put many gems in it..also between ivankov,ener,socketing garp and so on,gems are going to fly away in the following weeks

That's how I look at it too.

I usually keep around +-100 gems, but I wouldn't mind sinking down to 50 or lower if every single boosted unit was missing on my list.

Biggest reason I didn't go all out on this sugo was the severe lack of boosted units I needed.

Kyou

Dang that really sucks

though now that I have a list in front of me, I do infact have every STR unit except G3, Whitebeard, and Log Luffy

Wadiwasi

Banned
Finally got my first red poster, turned out to be Boa Hancock. Had to say I'm a little disappointed but she's pretty strong. Still no G3, Log Luffy, Rayleigh or Sengoku. Overall I can't say it was a bad Sugo for me I only got 3 duplicates.

Got:
PSY Marco
Kuma
Numel
Capone
Law
Voyage Zoro
Alvida
Mr 3
Ace
Jewelry Bonney
Flower Tashigi
Voyage Chopper
Boa

Didn't have any of those. Now if I can just beat the last chapter in Water 7. Pirate lvls and turtles are what's holding me back atm. Need to get my Mihawk team up. Before I had a really good grasp on the game I've gotten rid of such good characters that I really would love back. Perona, 2nd version of Coby and Helmoppo, Hogback, Monster Chopper,

MiTYH

Where's the link to this google doc? Need to update it to say my Mihawk's (finally) maxxed.

Also, this was my worst sugo. I managed to get Log Franky, my first Log unit, but everything else was a repeat. 60 gems gone.

Only solace is that I have been burning through these Afo fortnights, and my G3 is almost fully socketed with bind/despair (4/2). GP's on his way as well for the same setup, .

I'm also hopeful for Ivankov tonight. I've never had a decent team, been mostly relying on 30 stamina drops which have been generous. But I think with Maxxed Mihawk and an evolved Law I stand a better chance this time

Majukun

I'm tempted to just gem and farm wall since we are getting tons of his books and it's 2x drop today... but I also have no assurance he will drop...

Where's the link to this google doc? Need to update it to say my Mihawk's (finally) maxxed.

Also, this was my worst sugo. I managed to get Log Franky, my first Log unit, but everything else was a repeat. 60 gems gone.

Only solace is that I have been burning through these Afo fortnights, and my G3 is almost fully socketed with bind/despair (4/2). GP's on his way as well for the same setup, .

I'm also hopeful for Ivankov tonight. I've never had a decent team, been mostly relying on 30 stamina drops which have been generous. But I think with Maxxed Mihawk and an evolved Law I stand a better chance this time

Quote me for the link.

Congrats =D

;___; trying to evolve Mihawk but I don't have black crabs, so farming Usopp W7 stage, at least I don't have his hammer version as well =S
Edit: Complain somewhere and it will drop (black crab) lol*
*Does not work on Eneru

bzzt

Neo Member
Ended up doing 25 pulls total, got 4 new units: Log Sanji, Nami, Franky and HotoriKotori. Interestingly enough, only got 2 red units despite it being a rate up for them. Was hoping to get Kidd, Kuma, Fossa, or Oars Jr.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Today i did nothing but trying to get Water Seven Lucci and Kaku... NONE OF THOSE FUCKERS DROPPED.

Friend did one run and got Lucci.

ef4.gif

Dawg

I had 4 gems left so I decided to finally put some money in this game and bought 6 gems.

I paid €4,99 for a V1 Luffy and V1 Kuro.

Mazre

Despite my already awesome results, Sugo kept calling to me. I did one more pull and got 4* Robn! I think I'm almost more excited about that than I am pulling legend shanks.

Edit: Now I just need to evolve her before Tuesday so I can use the 20+ Robin books I have stashed.

Top Bottom