• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I think I've been playing this too much/ being legendless is getting to me.

I dreamt that I was playing OPTC, and I somehow discovered that you could reroll a character and those adjaent to it in all 4 cardinal directions in your character box by tapping on it (for a 5 gem fee). And I rolled into QCK marcoh after 5 attempts.

I dreamt that I was playing OPTC, and I somehow discovered that you could reroll a character and those adjaent to it in all 4 cardinal directions in your character box by tapping on it (for a 5 gem fee). And I rolled into QCK marcoh after 5 attempts.

That's adorable.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
is it even worth farming ivankov? i feel like his special is already low enough for raids and i rarely use him anyway.

Sn4ke_911

it is because of sockets.4 farmable sockets are nothing to laugh at

Hm yeah but i rarely use him... i think the only time was for monster chopper.

Ah well i guess i will just do a few more runs since no double drop chance on water 7 today.

Fuck, got zero green orbs with law and died on Ivankov due to him surviving with an empty health bar /: not cool.
If it's a matter of something like that, rerolling the orbs is always an option.

When the game is force closed and the battle resumed, it reloads to the start of the turn aka before any skills were used. For any skill that has RNG associated with it (Orb shuffling, Random Attack Damage, Random Healing, etc...) this can be exploited. This even works for some enemy attacks, as I've seen it used vs Enel when he does his pre-turn buff clear / orb shuffling to you.

If it's a matter of something like that, rerolling the orbs is always an option.

When the game is force closed and the battle resumed, it reloads to the start of the turn aka before any skills were used. For any skill that has RNG associated with it (Orb shuffling, Random Attack Damage, Random Healing, etc...) this can be exploited. This even works for some enemy attacks, as I've seen it used vs Enel when he does his pre-turn buff clear / orb shuffling to you.

I found a faster way.

When grinding down Iva's health I'll just save up 2 green orbs before using Law's special; 2 green orbs + doublefinger is all I need.

I'll just rely on that for my 100% risk-free run.

Mixed2k

Which one of these accounts is worth going forward ?

1st one with SW Ace, Room Law
2nd with Gear 3 Luffy (still balloon) and Blamenco
and finally one with Vista + Log Nami

None of them were top rolls but I'm not sure which one to pick.
Ace+Law is the best in terms of rarity, but I really don't want to go slashers as they seem pretty bland and boring, and Ace... yeah he doesn't have a team yet it seems (and the ones he has are rare units).
Gear 3 seems the best in terms of viability, and I can use pretty much whoever characters I want, that seems pretty good for a f2p account to me.
Vista and Log Nami make a nice combo, thought from what I seem the game is all about bursting things and Vista cap skill might not be that great.

Would appreciate some insight from the experienced guys.

Which one of these accounts is worth going forward ?

1st one with SW Ace, Room Law
2nd with Gear 3 Luffy (still balloon) and Blamenco
and finally one with Vista + Log Nami

None of them were top rolls but I'm not sure which one to pick.
Ace+Law is the best in terms of rarity, but I really don't want to go slashers as they seem pretty bland and boring, and Ace... yeah he doesn't have a team yet it seems (and the ones he has are rare units).
Gear 3 seems the best in terms of viability, and I can use pretty much whoever characters I want, that seems pretty good for a f2p account to me.
Vista and Log Nami make a nice combo, thought from what I seem the game is all about bursting things and Vista cap skill might not be that great.

Would appreciate some insight from the experienced guys.

I'd go SW Ace, if you're not fond of going for typical slasher teams getting a legendary shooter captain is a good alternative; He's still a good leader even if you can't optimize his team yet.

While the G3/Blameco one is definitely viable, G3 is still an easier grab than any legendary.

I'll take the SW Ace account if you end up not using it!

But really though, you should use the SW Ace account. It's not the best Legend account to start with, but it'll still be pretty decent and will only get better the longer you play.

Mazre

PSA for JPN players, don't forget to use your FP this week. Current draw has 3* and 4* female characters from story and fortnight stages.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
PSA for JPN players, don't forget to use your FP this week. Current draw has 3* and 4* female characters from story and fortnight stages.
Man thats cool - feels like its been forever since Global had a good FP event.

RedBoot

I'll take the SW Ace account if you end up not using it!

But really though, you should use the SW Ace account. It's not the best Legend account to start with, but it'll still be pretty decent and will only get better the longer you play.

You'd be much more likely to pull G3 again than a legendary, too (unless you're me).

As for slashers being a bit bland, well, you're probably going to be using them anyway. Mihawk teams are vital for F2P, regardless of what you end up pulling in the long run. If you want to max out a raid boss, you'll probably be running multiple teams throughout the day, and Mihawks are always in abundance. Law's one of the better pulls out there too, for both slasher teams and DEX teams.

SW Ace will get better once we get Heracles'n, which should be soonish (I'd put money on him being one of the next two new raid bosses we get). Marguerite will also help, though that's super far away for Global. There may come a replacement for SW Franky eventually (hell, you can probably just use Dofy anyway, even without the type synergy), but replacing Zephyr's gonna be tough. Nothing can match his boost right now (arguably, the best option for a Global SW Ace team's gonna be the Franky Family Demolisher Gunner).

Man thats cool - feels like its been forever since Global had a good FP event.

The selection looks pretty decent (and the Okamas are in there, of course). It's a bit salty to see people pulling Ain from it, though. :(

GaimeGuy

is it even worth farming ivankov? i feel like his special is already low enough for raids and i rarely use him anyway.

4 sockets. With 2 turn CD socket power active:
Ivankov + Candy gives you all recovery and QCK orbs every 6 turns
Ivankov + Capone gives you all QCK and STR orbs every 8 turns (once we get the domino fortnight).

Ivankov + Candy + Valentine gives you full QCK orbs every 6 turns (!!!!)

Hana-Bi

Are there any other characters in japan with Whitey Bay's special? (Boost attack against delayed enemies)

Best would be raid/fortnight chars so I could max the sockets.

A Log Luffy rainbow team with Doffy, Iva (for the orb manipulation), a turn delayer and Whitey Bay should be really nice for story missions. :)

RedBoot

Are there any other characters in japan with Whitey Bay's special? (Boost attack against delayed enemies)

Best would be raid/fortnight chars so I could max the sockets.

Just Dalmatian and Monet. The former is raid, the latter is RR. So you'll probably want Dalmatian.

The Buster Call Raid actually has a lot of interesting pickups: New Momonga is basically Zephyr for Knowledge units, New Onigumo could be useful for DEX orb manipulation, and Shu gives INT a damage reducer. I hope we get that one earlier in Global (though we'd need Knowledge units first).

Sn4ke_911

Ivankov + Capone gives you all QCK and STR orbs every 8 turns (once we get the domino fortnight).

Ok you convinced me to level him.

Thanks.

Hana-Bi

Just Dalmatian and Monet. The former is raid, the latter is RR. So you'll probably want Dalmatian.

The Buster Call Raid actually has a lot of interesting pickups: New Momonga is basically Zephyr for Knowledge units, New Onigumo could be useful for DEX orb manipulation, and Shu gives INT a damage reducer. I hope we get that one earlier in Global (though we'd need Knowledge units first).

Thanks. :) Yeah Dalmatian seems nice with 3 slots. :)

The CD sockets only work at the start of the mission. So after you used the special the socket won't reduce the cooldown anymore.

chrono01

Please tell me the character you re-rolled to Marco in your dream was a Coby.

Majukun

so, this game has apparently decided to make my socket farming as difficult as possible...

ended up with 5/5/2/4..lots of copies with tons of resistance poison...

don't know if I should continue gemming or just end this or just wait for future iterations of iva-san

Sn4ke_911

sockets are team based, it doesn't matter who has the socket as long as the total Is enough to activate the bonus

No i mean if you get the debuff Despair doesn't it only disable captains effects? can GP get Despair too?

Edit: Ah nvm now i get it lol.

Sn4ke_911

DEATH..... WWWWWWIIIIIINK!

tumblr_lvm8xy5Ves1r30jilo1_500.gif

Majukun

basically when you max some sockets instead of making more likely for the other good sockets to appear it just makes appear even more of the shitty ones

Hana-Bi

Could max socket Iva with 60 copies.

LL, GP, Doffy and Iva are now my chars with maxed sockets.

LL: lock, silence, orb, heal
Doffy: CD, heal
GP: lock, silence
Iva: lock, silence, CD, heal

SW Ace will get better once we get Heracles'n, which should be soonish (I'd put money on him being one of the next two new raid bosses we get).
I was just talking with Heng about this the other day. I could see Hercles'n coming on 3/31 with a "surprise" Usopp'n the next day on April Fools. This both mirror's their original Japanese releases and fits the usual Thursday raid schedule that Global's been on.

GaimeGuy

Iva: lock, silence, CD, heal

My man. Those are the sockets I have on my "main" Iva. Everything maxed except lock, which is only at 2/5. Also maxed iva's skill CD.

I also started a 2nd Iva. Was able to evolve it thanks to all the blue turtles, eventually want it to have the following skills: RCV/Auto-Heal/Damage Reduction/Poison (I assume we're going to need some kind of poison nullification for an eventual Magellan and/or Caesar raid).

The reason for the choices? I feel like QCK types and Fighter classes are the best at drawing fights out (Boa Hancock and Marco legendaries are both QCK fighters, Psy Marco and Jewelry Bonney are both fighters, as are fortnight Kalifa, Chopperman, Halloween Sanji, Brain Point Chopper and Tony Tony Chopper (Low CD specials which change neighboring orbs to RCV), log chopper, and Chopperman. And then there are other QCK healers/Captains like Brook, Enel, and Halloween nami, and poisoners like prison croc. I think having a spare Iva in the back pocket for a war of attrition using a QCK or fighter team (or even just for some extra socket points on a completely different team configuration) is a great option.

Also, the DeCalvan brothers are fighters that deal 2000 HP damage every turn as captains and boost fighters' attack. I think it might be possible to use a configuration with them as captains to get through turtle times/princess turtle times, or tricky stages with high defense, low HP characters. Again, a war of attrition strategy.

I fed my second Iva 10 copies, he has the following skills for now:
Slot Rate Boost 3/5
RCV Boost 2/5
Resilience 2/5
Despair 3/5

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
GPRbqp3.png

This has been an absurdly lucky/productive week in my OPTC world. Only 1 more despair slot for GP Usopp to go.

Legend Mihawk, getting the WB Ship, maxing Log Luffy and Enel's sockets, plus getting a bunch of skill maxes for fairly important characters.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
This has been an absurdly lucky/productive week in my OPTC world. Only 1 more despair slot for GP Usopp to go.

Legend Mihawk, getting the WB Ship, maxing Log Luffy and Enel's sockets, plus getting a bunch of skill maxes for fairly important characters.

Congrats - what a week will be difficult to top that anytime soon for you.

My goal for the 2nd year of OPTC is getting my first Legend...once i get to that point i will look for other achievement lol.

Majukun

spent way too many gems on Iva yesterday.. and I still have not maxed her/him.. 5 lock, 5 heal, 4 despair, 3 cooldown reduction... and now garp comes back... all the surplus of gems I had will quickly fade this was.. especially counting my bad luck with sockets so far, that has been atrocious
GPRbqp3.png

is there a week where you are not lucky?

Gizuko

Is Garp's clash as hard as it sounds?

I have been reading up some guides and I'm not sure I can beat him, this one guide actually recommended using level 70+ characters.

Was hoping to use Whitey as lead but her special seems largely useless against Garp, unless you use it to get rid of the preemtive bind the marines use. Either that, Log Nami team, or slasher team with Crocodile and Mr.3 (and Whitey).

I might actually gem to beat 40sta and get and single copy if I'm not prepared.

Majukun

Is Garp's clash as hard as it sounds?

I have been reading up some guides and I'm not sure I can beat him, this one guide actually recommended using level 70+ characters.

Was hoping to use Whitey as lead but her special seems largely useless against Garp, unless you use it to get rid of the preemtive bind the marines use. Either that, Log Nami team, or slasher team with Crocodile and Mr.3 (and Whitey).

I might actually gem to beat 40sta and get and single copy if I'm not prepared.

if you have maxxed mihawk a double mihawk team with some strong int slashers can beat him rather easily if i remember correctly

if you have maxxed mihawk a double mihawk team with some strong int slashers can beat him rather easily if i remember correctly

I remember running:

Mihawk/Mihawk
Helmeppo/Vista
Smoker/Alvida

and doing fine.

He should be a breather for me this time around as I've now got a near maxed slasher croc to replace Helmeppo. (the only risk with my helmeppo/vista team was horrible orbs, but using croc significantly mitigates that issue)

the only issues I remember with Garp are:

1. permanent debuff blocker, so he renders godsopp useless.

2. the coby stage locks your entire team aside from captains for ..1 or 2 turns (forgot how much exactly) and basically makes G3 teams unusable.

RalchAC

I don't, he is level ~50 :/ Well, I'm going to hope I can level him up a bit more and use slashers then.

I think it's possible even if you only bring a max Mihawk friend.

Right now there are some awesome INT Slashers. Mr. 1 (Prison), Slasher Croc and Perona/Alvida should work really well as subs. If you have Halloween Brook with a decent CD you can bring him too for the small heal.

Don't bring Golden Pound, Garp is inmune to debuffs.

Top Bottom