• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Guess i'm set for a few INT evolves. :p

2016-02-1204_08_22-bl96usm.png

Heng

Looks like the new ranking is 50,000 damage as many times as you can on Shandrian island. I'm so glad I don't have to rely on Killer anymore...

RedBoot

Nice to see we're finally getting back to the Impel Down fortnights. There's not a lot I need in the Baroque Works one, and even less that I need in Domino, but Sadi-chan has a ton of things I need. Boa owners will be spending a lot of time with Domino, though.

I feel like Ivankov's always a little bit harder to beat than I remember. Thanks to Apoo and Dofy, though, I have a Mihawk team that can win (and that's without using Dofy's special). I think I can build a Law-led team that works as well, but I'll exhaust my Mihawk supply first.

I'm not sure how high I actually need to build Iva's special (gonna use him to farm BB, and it's fairly easy to stall there), so I'll just see how it goes. Might be cool to get a lot of sockets though.

Did a few more pulls last night and managed to get voyage nami 4* then a voyage nami 5* and voyage franky4* now evolved..(are these guys good units to use?) but my voyage collection is almost complete i just need luffy, chopper and usopp

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
The run was insane, but all the stars, meat orbs, and cool downs aligned. I managed to get a really good Doffy burst around turn 3 (a bit late) of stage 19, with manual targeting to maximize damage. Stalled on blamenco for his natural 3 turns + Usopp, then Perona'd, then Alvida'd, then Usopp'd again, then tanked a hit that left me at 200 or so HP (lucky). I got enough meat orbs to get over 6,000 hp, but barely.

Got WB specialed and got great orbs on turn 1 of stage 20, all cool downs were ready. I maximized orbs by shuffling a few then using Log Luffy's special for a matching orb x Doffy special heavy hit (Log Luffy team). There was just 1 meat orb on Alvida, and she was normally the last hit to activate log Luffy, but I couldn't risk not getting that meat and ending up losing later on.

Risking it all switched my rotation, healing a bit, and 1 shot both Marco and Jozu, leaving 1 lonely WB behind. I was at like 4k after the meat orb, so I burst WB and then used Perona to reduce the damage, since I didn't know the math, just wanted to guarantee more turns. Keep bursting, running into just 1 meat orb, leaving me at around 4.2k or so. This is the moment of truth... Use Alvida and survive the hit with 384 HP left.

Burst WB down without using Usopp.

7TvJUtn.jpg

Boom. What a freaking challenge, holy shit.

Team was Log Luffy x2, Doffy, Perona, Alvida, and Usopp. Doffy and Usopp being the only skill maxed characters. Alvida was at 10 CD (1 off max) and Perona at 15 (1 off max).

Sockets were really good: Cooldown level 1, Matching Orbs level 1, anti-lock level 2, anti-silence level 2, and auto-heal level 1.

It was literally the perfect run and luck went my way every time. Got WB ship to level 9 off of 270 colas, so not terrible.

Huzzah.

Grrrr... I did a bunch of math this morning to figure out how to set myself up for a natural stamina refill after the most possible Ivankov runs without wasting stamina.

Went into my first run with a Law/Law team, Doffy and Doublefinger there for burst, Apoo for orb conversion and Mihawk for a beat stick, all to one shot Iva. My Doffy is 1 off from max but from my reference videos, that should be fine.

First run. Stalled everything perfectly, made it to Iva AAAAAAND my Doffy CD has 4 turns left on it. Apparently you can get RNG screwed with this team by not having mobs with high enough cooldown. Now I have to wait another 3 hours and 20 minutes to do my farming... Yeah, I'm mad.

pelicansurf

Grrrr... I did a bunch of math this morning to figure out how to set myself up for a natural stamina refill after the most possible Ivankov runs without wasting stamina.

Went into my first run with a Law/Law team, Doffy and Doublefinger there for burst, Apoo for orb conversion and Mihawk for a beat stick, all to one shot Iva. My Doffy is 1 off from max but from my reference videos, that should be fine.

First run. Stalled everything perfectly, made it to Iva AAAAAAND my Doffy CD has 4 turns left on it. Apparently you can get RNG screwed with this team by not having mobs with high enough cooldown. Now I have to wait another 3 hours and 20 minutes to do my farming... Yeah, I'm mad.
Isn't there like a really easy Mihawk/Doffy team or something? Maybe Law/Zoro. I remember doing that last time without Doffy and it was mad easy. You can take hits for stalling too in that scenario.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
It was literally the perfect run and luck went my way every time. Got WB ship to level 9 off of 270 colas, so not terrible.

Huzzah.

Right on pelican! Hopefully you can accumulate enough cola soon to get that last level. Sounds like you did a lot more than you probably needed to with the last stage, but it matters not. You did it! Only 4,000 HP is needed for Alvida's special to work and 2,000HP for Perona. Typically going in, you simply need just two meat orbs and you're set. Usopp is definitely the insurance policy, but looks like you did it nice and quick. Again right on, good for you man.

It's more than that, you won't be able to stall a full 17 consistently if you're trying to get Mihawk's special up. 15 turns isn't doable naturally either without extra stalling somewhere. I would recommend using GP or Braham on Stage 4 next time you go.

You actually do not need Mihawk in your team, if your team is properly levelled. Providing your units are also within the 15 turn frame of your Doffy you have more than enough damage output.

I'm currently running 2x Law, Doffy, Apoo, Doublefinger and Braham. I do one extra stall on Stage 4 and walk into Stage 5 with 1 turn which gets used with Ivan's pre-emptive. At that point it's specials/burst and Ivan actually dies before Doffy hits providing it's a perfect combo up to that point.

What kind of sockets are you guys shooting for on Ivankov?

Probably lock, silence, cd and orbs. Still filling my box currently.

pelicansurf

Yeah, Lucy, I definitely overdid it on the last stage, but I couldn't risk losing after I got that far. I may have been entirely too discouraged if I failed after cornering WB.

Also, I kinda don't feel like farming Ivankov. The most appealing thing from that raid seems to be farming blue turtles so I can top off my Enel and MAX him.

It's more than that, you won't be able to stall a full 17 consistently if you're trying to get Mihawk's special up. 15 turns isn't doable naturally either without extra stalling somewhere. I would recommend using GP or Braham on Stage 4 next time you go.

You actually do not need Mihawk in your team, if your team is properly levelled. Providing your units are also within the 15 turn frame of your Doffy you have more than enough damage output.

I wasn't running Mihawk for his special. I have no trouble whatsoever beating Ivankov, I just wanted to do it as quickly as possible. I was using this team here and if you follow the video, he gets to Ivankov with his Doffy CD ready and then an extra turn thanks to Ivankov's pre-emptive, thus making me think a 15 CD Doffy was plausible. I now know, while plausible, it isn't always possible due to the fodder turn cooldowns.

I'll probably just run a double Mihawk lead and switch out Doublefinger for GP Usopp which even then is more than enough damage. I'm just mad about my plans being thrown off.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
I wasn't running Mihawk for his special. I have no trouble whatsoever beating Ivankov, I just wanted to do it as quickly as possible. I was using this team here and if you follow the video, he gets to Ivankov with his Doffy CD ready and then an extra turn thanks to Ivankov's pre-emptive, thus making me think a 15 CD Doffy was plausible. I now know, while plausible, it isn't always possible due to the fodder turn cooldowns.

I'll probably just run a double Mihawk lead and switch out Doublefinger for GP Usopp which even then is more than enough damage. I'm just mad about my plans being thrown off.

No, no I get you Zeke. I'm doing the exact same thing. The 17 turn mention was generally speaking. I watched the same video earlier and ran into the same problem you did with being 1-2 turns off and I didn't understand why. After my first two runs I realized I couldn't stall consistently enough like in Spaceman's video. That's when I switched out Mihawk with Usopp to test the damage output, once I had it calculated in my play through I subbed out Usopp with Braham to get the run as fast as possible.

The key is being able to consistently get there fast enough. So with my setup, I leave the Stage 3 once I see 4 turns on Doffy but you also need to make sure you have enough to tank that 6,666 attack from Ivan's pre-emptive. If you don't have Braham, just bring Usopp but that's a better alternative if you're looking for something faster. Or conversely just run the Mihawk team you're talking about.

Dawg

I can't believe this will be the first mobile game ever I've been playing for a full year. I didn't start day 1 like some of you but I shouldn't be far off, I think. I've never really been into a mobile game like this before. Most of them I stop playing after a week. Or a month. But nothing like OPTC. There are days where it feels a little boring but then a new event appears and I'm back in.

I think the generosity of the free gems help a lot. You keep playing knowing that the next sugo you can do a few pulls. Maybe get a legend. And the story islands are fun too. Especially since you get 5 gems for completing them.

But perhaps the best thing about this game is how it got me into One Piece itself. I never really had any interest in the anime, the amount of episodes being a big problem. But for some kind of reason, I finally picked up the anime shortly after installing this game. And I never quit. I do admit I'm going a bit slow. I'm currently at episode 520 or something like that. It took me forever but I'm slowly getting to the end. I still think it's as good as the earlier episodes. In fact, I enjoy it even more now. It sometimes drags on... and on... but I like the characters enough to keep watching. Zoro is my favourite. But I love Mr. 2 as well. Even Crocodile. The lore, story and huge amount of diverse characters is what I love about the anime. It's also one of the very few animes (imo) that keeps bringing back old characters, esp when you least expect it.

Also, this community is also a reason I keep on playing. Our sugo discussions are always exciting to see and there are always people ready to help out with questions. Now if I could just... get... a legend... ;_;

Kyou

it's basically this and nekoatsume (and begrudgingly dokkan battle) for me on the phone games front. It's a great combination of community, already being a one piece fan, and the gameplay actually being REALLY fun that keeps me coming back.

No, no I get you Zeke. I'm doing the exact same thing. The 17 turn mention was generally speaking. I watched the same video earlier and ran into the same problem you did with being 1-2 turns off and I didn't understand why. After my first two runs I realized I couldn't stall consistently enough like in Spaceman's video. That's when I switched out Mihawk with Usopp to test the damage output, once I had it calculated in my play through I subbed out Usopp with Braham to get the run as fast as possible.

The key is being able to consistently get there fast enough. So with my setup, I leave the Stage 3 once I see 4 turns on Doffy but you also need to make sure you have enough to tank that 6,666 attack from Ivan's pre-emptive. If you don't have Braham, just bring Usopp but that's a better alternative if you're looking for something faster. Or conversely just run the Mihawk team you're talking about.

I unfortunately haven't farmed Braham yet. He wasn't really on my radar until I saw him used in a few SW Ace teams. I might actually do some more story mode farming seeing how the upcoming fortnights are a bit weak. I've somewhat overcomplicated my plans for farming Ivankov. He's so pathetically easy at this point with the units available to us, even a 4 minute run isn't that big of a deal.

Now about this upcoming Prison Break fortnight, there isn't much worth getting from it unless you haven't skill maxed your Jozu yet. The Mr. 3 unit isn't very good compared to his other form or other PSY turn delayers and the Prison Bon Clay isn't terrible being a small orb booster and a randomizer for fighting teams but you'd be hard pressed to find a spot for him on your fighter team (not that you're using one anyway) in lieu of other units with better specials or stats. Maybe at some point he could be used for a ranking mission. I'll probably use him to socket my other Mr. 2 (very important to have anti-lock for Aokiji teams!) and call it at that.

Oh, the fortnight also has X-Drake books. ALLOW ME TO RANT ABOUT HOW MUCH THIS SKILL BOTHERS ME. First off, its max cooldown is 20. That is bad. Secondly, it's a skill that does the dumb 10x character damage, which pretty much events to next to nothing, and it prevents death when used so long as you have over 50% health when it is activated, which is okay assuming you've made it 20 turns with more than half your health left and are in some sort of situation where you would take a huge run ending hit. Now here's where the problem comes in. X-Drake's captain skill is like an INT Whitebeard, which means in order for it to work you'll need to be at 30% health or below. Do you see where the problem comes in now? I want to find out whoever came up with this skill and kick them in the shin multiple times and hard too!

RedBoot

Probably lock, silence, cd and orbs. Still filling my box currently.

This is what I'm shooting for as well. I wonder if the orb boost would make it more likely that he'd give matching orbs to other characters when using his special (assuming they're STR, DEX, or QCK)? I know SW Shanks can make Garp's special more likely to spawn yellow orbs after all.

So far I've gotten 3 levels out of 15 Ivas, which is only slightly better than what I'd see without a skill up. I'm getting good sockets though.

What are some of the more reliable 40 sta iva teams?

I've never reliably farmed Iva, but my dex characters have really gotten a boost since last time.

chrono01

What are some of the more reliable 40 sta iva teams?

I've never reliably farmed Iva, but my dex characters have really gotten a boost since last time.
I've been doing:

Law/Asura Zoro
Apoo
Mihawk [Max Skill]
Coby V2 [Max Skill]
GP Usopp [Max Skill]

Super safe. Stall as much as you can leading up to Ivankov, but remain above 16,706 HP. Tank the first few hits while knocking his HP down. Use GP Usopp's delay and continue knocking down his health. Once he has 1 turn remaining, I use Mihawk/Law/Apoo's special, followed by Coby V2 [I don't have Doublefinger :(]. I easily kill him before he has a chance to heal.

Just be careful not to damage him below 20% before you attempt to kill him.

Jayhawk

Max Doflamingo, max friend Mihawk combination with coffin boat makes Ivankov such a pushover. I'm really happy with the amount of patience I had saving all those copies of Doflamingo until this week. I hope people are making good use of my Doflamingo as friend captain!

My team for my runs is:
Mihawk / Doflamingo
Mihawk / Ashura Zoro
Koza / Law

First four units are maxed. Law is 90+, Koza is like 40 lol

Normal attacks are strong enough to take care of wave 4, since some units are likely to have orbs after stage 3... especially with my Doffy having orb sockets.

chrono01

Max Doflamingo, max friend Mihawk combination with coffin boat makes Ivankov such a pushover. I'm really happy with the amount of patience I had saving all those copies of Doflamingo until this week. I hope people are making good use of my Doflamingo as friend captain!
I was just about to thank those on my list with a max skill Doflamingo. I wanted to farm him the last time he was available, but didn't have the space. :(

Yeah, a Double Doflamingo team is even easier.

Doflamingo/Doflamingo
Law
Mihawk
Asura Zoro
GP Usopp (not even really needed with a max-skill Doffy)

Game over!

So yes, thanks to you Jayhawk and everyone else with one. Hopefully, I will join your ranks soon enough.

Edit: I might swap in Koza, since Usopp isn't exactly used with this setup. Do Doffy and Koza's buffs stack?

ElChado

Neo Member
This is what I'm shooting for as well. I wonder if the orb boost would make it more likely that he'd give matching orbs to other characters when using his special (assuming they're STR, DEX, or QCK)? I know SW Shanks can make Garp's special more likely to spawn yellow orbs after all.

So far I've gotten 3 levels out of 15 Ivas, which is only slightly better than what I'd see without a skill up. I'm getting good sockets though.

It got tested, and if a unit shuffles a board into a subset of orbs like ivankov does orb socket does NOT affect it. Vivi or slasher croc for instance shuffles the board with no subset of orbs it gives, those would get boosted chances at matching from orb slot socket.

So if a shuffle says it gives X,Y or Z orbs it isn't affected, if it just shuffles, it does.

Don't forget you can also socket your halberd fodder and your nun fodder if you're running ivankov raid, sure nun does tandem to dex like apoo, but who knows when you need it at a lower cooldown or a lower cost unit.

Orb booster (Mingo!) and attack booster (Koza) buffs can stack. This is why I can't wait until Log Nami gets skill books. The Log Nami and Nico Robin tag team!

Norland from his fortnight is the INT orb booster. Most will end up using him, but until then nami is the best one, caroline is only 1.25x

Surprised me recently that my side One Piece game i've been logging into daily, One Piece Dance Battle, is over 200 days now, pretty neat to just login for the daily bonus, and see what new units are up as they add like 3 per week. Decent rhythm game too, it just has no site to figure out how it works besides a bunch of tumblrs.

chrono01

Surprised me recently that my side One Piece game i've been logging into daily, One Piece Dance Battle, is over 200 days now, pretty neat to just login for the daily bonus, and see what new units are up as they add like 3 per week. Decent rhythm game too, it just has no site to figure out how it works besides a bunch of tumblrs.
Who needs gameplay information when you have:

Orb booster (Mingo!) and attack booster (Koza) buffs can stack. This is why I can't wait until Log Nami gets skill books. The Log Nami and Nico Robin tag team!

I don't think Log Nami has skill books, at least not yet in Japan as far as I know, plus she only has 3 skill levels for whatever reason. However, once Norland hits global in the Calgara fortnight, he'll gets the 1.5x orb boosting special that Nami does (and INT typing) but his will last 2 turns. He'll miss out on the 5000 fixed damage but his max cooldown is 2 turns shorter.

Granted you won't be able to work the waifu angle but can you say no to this face?

EUWdhU9.png

RalchAC

I've been using this team for my Ivankov copies, using a Enel-like Slasher team with this units here:

Mihawk / Doffy
Mihawk / Law
Prisoner Mr. 1 / Usopp

I stall as much as possible on the Pirate Penguin in stage 1, the Turtle in stage 3, and then I use my Usopp on stage 4 and I let the INT unit lock my Usopp.

That way I can use my Doffy on the first turn and OHKO him.

My Law is unevolved and level 50 though, so he's there so I can get some orb manipulation.

So next week we'll get Shandia & Prison Break?

Sounds like a good time for me to farm misisng story characters lol.

Yeah haha. I have Jozu maxed, and X-Drake skill isn't that good TBH. As a captain, he needs to stay under 30% in order to be useful. But his skill only works above 50%.

I dunno...

Well, at least I can socket Mr. 2...

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Phew. Took 70 copies exactly, but Emporio is done. Went 5/5 lock, silence, cooldown and orbs. My team setups are shaping up socket wise now which is fun to see. Next week's fortnight won't be the greatest but I'll be running it to slot Bon Clay and see what happens with Mr. 3.

I also managed to socket Saber/Halberd Billions with 5/5 lock as well since they dropped so frequently with this raid. I considered cooldown initially, but their skill's max so low as-is and in tandem with a Sengoku team they would be even lower already. Weekend goals are just to keep running Afro, need to evolve a copy for the character log and just doing whatever I can run wise. I'm still not into farming Water 7 yet, as I may wait until Enies Lobby with perhaps the time between now and then allowing for more advantages slot wise.

Majukun

my team for ivankov is

2x mihawk
doflamingo
asura zoro
miss doublefinger
gp usopp

you have to be precise with the hp and with what attacks you want to get and what you want to avoid..but if you do it right,the boss is basically done for

I recall reading a while back about how Japan had an update at some point that repopulated snails by just exiting to the title screen and relogging (rather than needing to complete a stage). Does anyone know when this change occurred?

Majukun

when you have all the fusion materials to evolve a guy but just before doing it you sell by mistake the penguin -_-

now i'll have to wait till penguin isla comes and waste stamina trying for a blue penguin
is there a reliable way to know if you're near 20%? I'm always bad at that.

if i remember it should be near the edge of the crown

but i'm using the team i'm using wexactly to not have to check iva's hp :p

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wasn't planning on stoning or or max skilling Iva this time... But I just fed her 4 dupes and ended up getting 4 skillups from it lol. Now she is already nearly max skilled.. Might get it done with natural stamina.

Did we already get Capone skill books of are they in a future Fortnight?

Edit:

Okay her maxxed cool down is 8 turn... So a bit more than I thought.

Top Bottom