• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
spent way too many gems on Iva yesterday.. and I still have not maxed her/him.. 5 lock, 5 heal, 4 despair, 3 cooldown reduction... and now garp comes back... all the surplus of gems I had will quickly fade this was.. especially counting my bad luck with sockets so far, that has been atrocious
is there a week where you are not lucky?
Overall I'm just a lucky dude, it's weird. With my friends, I'm just the one winning randomly selected prizes and just having stuff go my way. It's kind of weird, but /shrug.

I'm considering gemming the afro luffy fortnight to get luffy's sockets maxed.

3 days left and still stuck on those last 2 slots.

What do you guys think, is it worth spending a few gems to max Log Luffy's anti-lock?

Gizuko

I think it's possible even if you only bring a max Mihawk friend.

Right now there are some awesome INT Slashers. Mr. 1 (Prison), Slasher Croc and Perona/Alvida should work really well as subs. If you have Halloween Brook with a decent CD you can bring him too for the small heal.

Don't bring Golden Pound, Garp is inmune to debuffs.

I started playing optc on January this year, so I missed Perona (just barely, too) and both the Halloween and Prison fortnights. I do have Alvida, though. Going to bet it all on slasher Croc and Mr. 3, maybe Whitey too, in order to remove bind, if I get a lobster.

I know I might be grasping straws here, but I'm going to try anyway since my psy team could really use a rcv/psy orb converter - worst case scenario I might gem to revive.

I'm considering gemming the afro luffy fortnight to get luffy's sockets maxed.

3 days left and still stuck on those last 2 slots.

What do you guys think, is it worth spending a few gems to max Log Luffy's anti-lock?

I don't have much experience here (see above), but as a G3 player bind is a headache. I definitely wouldn't gem heavily, but if I didn't have enough sockets to activate bind-1 I would gem nonetheless.

Gem 1 got me:

4x usopp:
(3x charge specia, 1x poison resist; not what I needed)

3x luffy:
(resil, poison resist, rc boost; not what I needed)

I do love how I keep getting the skills I need on the wrong char. (e.g. charge special)

--

Gem 2 got me:

4x luffy:
(2x poison resistance, 1x auto-heal, 1x damage reduc)

still not the skills I need :'D

3x usopp:
(2x recov boost, 1 slot rate)

Also not what I need.

(also got +1 bind resistance and +2 charge specials on LOG tropper, because he gets all the skills I need on the others for some reason -_-;)

Oh well, I"ll leave it at that; will gem some more on tuesday if I still don't have LOG's lock maxed on the final day.

Kyou

Didn't have anyone in need of evolving so I powered up Doma. He seems like a pretty good slasher with a despair reduction special. I think he's got a place on my slasher team once he levels more.

RedBoot

I started playing optc on January this year, so I missed Perona (just barely, too) and both the Halloween and Prison fortnights. I do have Alvida, though. Going to bet it all on slasher Croc and Mr. 3, maybe Whitey too, in order to remove bind, if I get a lobster.

I know I might be grasping straws here, but I'm going to try anyway since my psy team could really use a rcv/psy orb converter - worst case scenario I might gem to revive.

Yeah, on your first attempt at a raid boss, it's perfectly fine to just get the one copy to level/evolve and call it a day. They always come back, and most of them are useful enough without maxing their special.

If you can clear it within 5 gems, I'd say go for it. Much better chances than a single yolo pull.

I'm kinda curious, how useful is halving enemy defence?

I find it kinda hard to quantify how much extra damage that gives you as 0 defence is usually required against "tanky" enemies.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

If you are willing to spend a bit time you could use a Zombie team against Garp for guaranteed success. If you don't have SWS Zoro you would need to farm Laboon though.

Then again spending 1 gem for a unit like Garp is fine as well.. Especially of you are still building up your roster at the beginning.

Mixed2k

As a new player, do I invest some time farming/leveling Vivi ?
I'm somewhat afraid of a raid coming out with a character that I need (zephyr, heracles,mihawk etc.) and not having a good enough team to take them down at least on the 30 stamina version.
Also, on average how long do raids/fortnights take to rotate into itself ? (that is if they even show up again, it would be weird if they didn't).

Regardless, right now I'm p.lv 48 and focusing on leveling it up for extra cost (running smoker stage over and over right now). Should I keep on doing it or do some 10 stamina afro luffy runs ? I can't seem to beat the 15 stam one (not anywhere near enough damage output). Usopp drops there to lv up GP, however the chance is quite low on the 10 stamina.

Also, on average how long do raids/fortnights take to rotate into itself ? (that is if they even show up again, it would be weird if they didn't).

We seem to be on a weekly schedule now, so if you disregard events where we get 3 raids a week (which do happen sometimes) it's basically ... once every few weeks?

I can't tell if they'll have certain raids return far more frequently than others though, we seem to get Mihawk raids a lot more than most others as far as I can tell for example.

Qmzn

Neo Member
I'm kinda curious, how useful is halving enemy defence?

By itself, it's not very useful. Most defence-halving units have mediocre stats (Golden Week, Arm Point Chopper, etc), so you're typically better off bringing a unit with more attack punch or defensive special utility.

However, with Global about to get Sadi, it does open the door to an additional form of burst damage. I find myself bringing a QCK Brook + Sadi combo for unknown content, especially under Sengoku captains. If I've carelessly lost HP, Brook's special is a safety net that still sets up the attack boost.

"1/2 enemy defence and also (do something)" specials like Brook's are showing back up in Japan as of late, along with many other sorts dual-effect specials. It's probably because weak single-purpose specials are a relic of earlier gameplay design. They just don't cut the mustard for current Treasure Cruise content. The only benefit to a pure defence-half special is having the lowest possible cooldown, and situations where an early defence reduction provides any benefit are rare.

Mixed2k

We seem to be on a weekly schedule now, so if you disregard events where we get 3 raids a week (which do happen sometimes) it's basically ... once every few weeks?

I can't tell if they'll have certain raids return far more frequently than others though, we seem to get Mihawk raids a lot more than most others as far as I can tell for example.

Oh good, in my mind they took months to rotate, that's why I was so concerned on missing something.

I guess I can go a bit easier on the game then, no need to rush.

Oh good, in my mind they took months to rotate, that's why I was so concerned on missing something.

I guess I can go a bit easier on the game then, no need to rush.

I'm not sure how equally they'll be distributed (e.g. if we'll get mihawk/garp etc more than enel/doffy); but I'd argue boss raids are about the most common recurring content now aside from the weekly evolvers.

The issue with vivi/zombie teams is also ... they're not reliable for farming boss raids, and most of the zombie-able essential raid bosses do rely on their skill a lot. (garp, mihawk).

So while Vivi could theoretically allow you to get a mihawk or garp early, it might be better to just invest into getting a strong enough team to get through fortnights & eventually boss raids?

Wadiwasi

Banned
Which one of these accounts is worth going forward ?

1st one with SW Ace, Room Law
2nd with Gear 3 Luffy (still balloon) and Blamenco
and finally one with Vista + Log Nami

None of them were top rolls but I'm not sure which one to pick.
Ace+Law is the best in terms of rarity, but I really don't want to go slashers as they seem pretty bland and boring, and Ace... yeah he doesn't have a team yet it seems (and the ones he has are rare units).
Gear 3 seems the best in terms of viability, and I can use pretty much whoever characters I want, that seems pretty good for a f2p account to me.
Vista and Log Nami make a nice combo, thought from what I seem the game is all about bursting things and Vista cap skill might not be that great.

Would appreciate some insight from the experienced guys.

OMG, I've been wanting a G3 for the longest time and never realized he was the evolved version of Balloon Luffy. I remember getting Balloon Luffy as one of my first group of Rare Recruit pulls and didn't like his abilities so I just pumped him into the story Luffy it gave you......ugh I feel so stupid

facepalm.gif

cw_sasuke

OMG, I've been wanting a G3 for the longest time and never realized he was the evolved version of Balloon Luffy. I remember getting Balloon Luffy as one of my first group of Rare Recruit pulls and didn't like his abilities so I just pumped him into the story Luffy it gave you......ugh I feel so stupid

facepalm.gif
Ouch... I feel for you.

Not as bad but I still regret evolving SWS Zoro in the early days of the game... How was I supposed to know that his active changes and actually gets worse/useless ? *tears

Wish you could devolve units lol.

chrono01

facepalm.gif
Oh wow, I'm so sorry. :(

I'd give you one of the G3 I currently have (currently own three of them), but alas trades are not possible. I wish you luck in pulling another. Maybe you'll even get the chance to pass him entirely and get a Log Luffy instead. Settle for nothing less!

Wadiwasi

Banned
Eh, I've actually started getting some really good units and my different purpose teams are starting to flesh out now. I really don't care for F2P games but I love One Piece and this game is done right. The devs give you so many freebies to play that it doesn't feel necessary to spend money. I actually dropped some $$$ this past Sugo b/c I felt the team running the show has done a damn fine job.

G3 can't stay hidden for long.

I do have a question though. Will Global be implementing the 2 type system that JPN has eventually?

RalchAC

Eh, I've actually started getting some really good units and my different purpose teams are starting to flesh out now. I really don't care for F2P games but I love One Piece and this game is done right. The devs give you so many freebies to play that it doesn't feel necessary to spend money. I actually dropped some $$$ this past Sugo b/c I felt the team running the show has done a damn fine job.

G3 can't stay hidden for long.

I do have a question though. Will Global be implementing the 2 type system that JPN has eventually?

360 days played. No Gear 3rd Luffy.

But I have Log Luffy!

tumblr_na4wywf6071tykheto7_500.jpg

No, damn... I'm at 5/4/4/4

I've had really bad luck the last 2-3 days.

I've been stuck on 5/4/5/4

Those last two slots haven't moved a single inch since ... I believe thursday/friday?

Skill charge being 4/5 I can live with, but I really want to max out anti-lock to 5/5 as it is so essential for a Log team. /:

chrono01

I still have a bunch of Kimono Zoro copies, which Zoro do you think I should feed them to? Ideally, I'd like to try and wait for SW Zoro...but let's be honest here, we're probably never getting him. I was thinking maybe Halloween Zoro, as I have him skill-maxed and he's usable in a lot of teams. There's also Asura Zoro, but I'm leaning more towards the former.

RalchAC

I still have a bunch of Kimono Zoro copies, which Zoro do you think I should feed them to? Ideally, I'd like to try and wait for SW Zoro...but let's be honest here, we're probably never getting him. I was thinking maybe Halloween Zoro, as I have him skill-maxed and he's usable in a lot of teams. There's also Asura Zoro, but I'm leaning more towards the former.

Halloween Zoro all the way. Ashura Zoro is good, but most of the time Doflamingo is a better option.

H. Zoro is an awesome QCK and Slasher sub.

chrono01

Halloween Zoro all the way. Ashura Zoro is good, but most of the time Doflamingo is a better option.

H. Zoro is an awesome QCK and Slasher sub.
That's what I thought. Thanks, I guess I'll start the socket process!

Here's hoping I get lucky...

Edit: Which do you think is better for sockets?

Bind/Despair/Auto Heal

or

Bind/Despair/CD

I'm leaning more towards the latter, but I'm not sure.

Gizuko

Yeah, on your first attempt at a raid boss, it's perfectly fine to just get the one copy to level/evolve and call it a day. They always come back, and most of them are useful enough without maxing their special.

If you can clear it within 5 gems, I'd say go for it. Much better chances than a single yolo pull.

That's what I thought, specially since my only meat provider right now is Chopper and I do use Bonney in my psy team. It's probably more than those 5 gems would give otherwise.

If you are willing to spend a bit time you could use a Zombie team against Garp for guaranteed success. If you don't have SWS Zoro you would need to farm Laboon though.

Then again spending 1 gem for a unit like Garp is fine as well.. Especially of you are still building up your roster at the beginning.

I'm not sure I have any Vivi friends, and I'm still leveling mine. I should farm a Laboon anyway, since it seems zombie teams come useful in many raids, and it could very well help me with types I don't have a full team to counter. I have a few lobsters lying around too, so they should come in handy.

Also, thank you all for the tips, I really have a long way to go.

Kyou

I've learned to enjoy the small bits of good luck I have in this game.

Got a special level for Wapol, Jimbei and Bellamy with just one book, and got a couple despair levels for GP Usopp off two copies. It's the small victories.

Also I'm pretty sure the game is lying about this event having Bepo books

RalchAC

That's what I thought. Thanks, I guess I'll start the socket process!

Here's hoping I get lucky...

Edit: Which do you think is better for sockets?

Bind/Despair/Auto Heal

or

Bind/Despair/CD

I'm leaning more towards the latter, but I'm not sure.

Well it depends. Keep in mind that Heal needs 24 sockets in order to be of real use. So 5/6 members should have a socket dedicated to that power.

Wadiwasi

Banned
I decided to add the JPN version to my phone and was just going to reroll until I got a good starting line-up. I went ahead and got everything set up to do rerolls as fast as possible and after finally getting everything going my first pull was a story Helmeppo. So I figured I'd be in for a long haul.

Went ahead and got some gems from the story and pulled 3 more times by shell island......

Shanks
Law
and Log Luffy

I'm done lol

chrono01

I decided to add the JPN version to my phone and was just going to reroll until I got a good starting line-up. I went ahead and got everything set up to do rerolls as fast as possible and after finally getting everything going my first pull was a story Helmeppo. So I figured I'd be in for a long haul.

Went ahead and got some gems from the story and pulled 3 more times by shell island......

Shanks
Law
and Log Luffy

I'm done lol
Heh, nicely done. Enjoy!

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Managed to Max Enel and get Doma to 85 with blue turtles. Didn't know we had blue turtles today, so an unexpected windfall.

Hana-Bi

My last 20 Jimbe skill books gave me zero skill ups... Really want to max him and I only need to more skill ups but with the drop rate and my skill up luck it seems impossible...

Did a single morning run just now and..

Got a bind resist on Luffy & Usopp!!

This puts Usopp at 5/4 despair/bind.

This means Log Luffy's at 5/5/5/4 with only a slot missing in charge specials,
but to me that's always been the least significant of his 4 abilities.

(I had to consider for a long time if I wanted to go for heal or charge specials)

Really happy I maxed log luffy's bind, if I didn't max at least that essential slot before the afro luffy fortnight ended I would've gemmed like mad for it. Charge specials can stay 4/5 if I don't get lucky on that.

Gizuko

Tried to get auto-heal on gp -> 2 despair 2 bind in 5 socket attempts. Gotcha.

Tried to get matching orb + CD on impact usopp -> 3 resilience 2 recovery out of five socket attempts.

This game only gives you multiple sockets of those of don't actually want uh (I'm fine with gp, though).

I kinda wish they'd bring in colored turtle times as a regular feature. I did manage to max my Thatch and put a few levels into my Enel who is 76 now. The perfectionist in me doesn't like using purple turtles to level my units anymore since it's not XP efficient which makes the only other practical leveling option to be pigs. Maybe I'm imagining it but it feels like most of the fortnights lately have been either red or green pigs, which are coming back for the prison break fortnight by the way, and I'm just about out of dex units to max. Incoming level 99 Elizabeth?

Ivankov was cruel and I walked away with 5/5 CD, 5/5 lock, 5/5 orb, and 4/5 despair. I must have burned at least 3 gems just trying to get that last socket to no avail before I ran out of time. I thought I would need level 1 despair sockets to make Blackbeard farming easy, which I could realistically reach with a friend captain and my mostly socketed Enel but from the looks of it, double Enel with a Doffy sub makes farming Blackbeard for sockets stupidly easy without sockets anyway.

RalchAC

When do Islands Start to give gems After completion?

I think at first they give 5 gems every two Islands, since they give other stuff like ships, characters and stuff.

After Loguetown it gives 5 gems every island and ten after Alubarna and Ark Maxim.

cw_sasuke

I'm not sure I have any Vivi friends, and I'm still leveling mine. I should farm a Laboon anyway, since it seems zombie teams come useful in many raids, and it could very well help me with types I don't have a full team to counter. I have a few lobsters lying around too, so they should come in handy.

Also, thank you all for the tips, I really have a long way to go.

We have a couple Gaffers that have high lvl Vivis or Laboon even if they dont are usually up. Pretty sure if Garp is up and you ask about it here there will be some ready for you to choose.

I also have Zoro or Laboon - so if you wanna go the Zombie route that shouldnt be an issue. Good luck.

You have SW Shanks right ? So getting Garp would be nice for your PSY team.

Feel free to add me, if I'm online when you need a Vivi you can use mine. Level 76 so easily high enough for a proper vivi/laboon team.

cw_sasuke

My Usopp was only one +Bind Resistance socket away from 5/5 ...i was expecting the worst. Very nice surprise from the first singly copy i fed xD

I can try my luck with Impact Usopp now....which Sockets are recommended on him ? I know he is used against Zephyr for Marco Rush teams.

Wooh! Just finished my first Godsoppu with 5/5 despair/lock resistance!

What would a good second godsopp be?

Autoheal/Lock maybe?

As despair's relatively uncommon compared to lock I can imagine it being beneficial to have an alternative that still helps against lock but also heals up a bit; especially as you basically need heal on 5 units for it to get significant.

I'm planning on doing one GPU (current, max skilled one) as Lock / Despair and a second one as CD / Heal.

Impact will be used on either Garp or Marco teams, so I'm thinking Lock / Despair will be most beneficial there.

Tried to get auto-heal on gp -> 2 despair 2 bind in 5 socket attempts. Gotcha.

Tried to get matching orb + CD on impact usopp -> 3 resilience 2 recovery out of five socket attempts.

This game only gives you multiple sockets of those of don't actually want uh (I'm fine with gp, though).
I feel like this is the case, haha. Honestly, at this point I'm going with whatever multiples of any good socket I get. (CD, Anti-lock/silence, Orb boost)

Edit - I also have a Vivi at 73 with some RCV candies (Ssh, this was wayyy before Enel!) if anyone needs em up.

Totakeke

Was looking for something to play on my new phone so I picked this up, only realizing that the Sugofest just passed by. I rerolled a few times anyway considering they are giving like 5+ rolls to start and I ended up Happiness Punch Nami, Red Flag X Drake, Morning Star Rakuyo, and also Arlong which I thought was pretty good so I just stuck with that. Unfortunately it seems quite difficult to find INT friend team leaders and everyone seem to using STR or Slash based leaders on the guest lists.

So then I went to reroll a few times on my old phone and I ended up with Nico Robin and Whitey Bay... so I'm assuming I lucked out and I'm pretty set to go? I guess the latter is eventually going to be the better account with Nico Robin in tow.

Biggest problem now is that I can't use the rolled units I have in a single team, but should I hurry to level up or should I spend my time farming and using stamina as efficiently as possible at low levels?

RalchAC

My last two Luffy dupes gave me Heal and CD. So I just need 1 point in Despair resistance and Luffy will be done. My Usopp is at 2/1 but I'm not going to gem for him.

My Monster Chopper got 5 points at Heal using Afro Island Choppers.

I'm planning on doing one GPU (current, max skilled one) as Lock / Despair and a second one as CD / Heal.

Impact will be used on either Garp or Marco teams, so I'm thinking Lock / Despair will be most beneficial there.

Well, Aokiji binds one unit for 2 turns and Zephyr locks everybody besides the 2 captains for 1 turn. So some bind sockets should be quite useful... In case we ever get an INT raid boss :p

Was looking for something to play on my new phone so I picked this up, only realizing that the Sugofest just passed by. I rerolled a few times anyway considering they are giving like 5+ rolls to start and I ended up Happiness Punch Nami, Red Flag X Drake, Morning Star Rakuyo, and also Arlong which I thought was pretty good so I just stuck with that. Unfortunately it seems quite difficult to find INT friend team leaders and everyone seem to using STR or Slash based leaders on the guest lists.
So then I went to reroll a few times on my old phone and I ended up with Nico Robin and Whitey Bay... so I'm assuming I lucked out and I'm pretty set to go? I guess the latter is eventually going to be the better account with Nico Robin in tow.
Biggest problem now is that I can't use the rolled units I have in a single team, but should I hurry to level up or should I spend my time farming and using stamina as efficiently as possible at low levels?

Early game is always a bit of a grind with a large chunk of the "best" starting units basically not being usable yet.

If you befriend a few gaf players it should be relatively easy to get something like a Mihawk guest captain (boosts slashers) to help boost several units once they're within your cost range.

(whitey bay and vista aren't just int, but slasher too; so mihawk would boost them);

Top Bottom