• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Totakeke

Early game is always a bit of a grind with a large chunk of the "best" starting units basically not being usable yet.

If you befriend a few gaf players it should be relatively easy to get something like a Mihawk guest captain (boosts slashers) to help boost several units once they're within your cost range.

(whitey bay and vista aren't just int, but slasher too; so mihawk would boost them);

Ah right, the slasher advice is great. I got Mr. 3 on the Whitey Bay account too so I should aim to farm other INT slashers.

Majukun

still haven't max socketed anyone..gear 3 is 4/4 at the moment..gp usopp is 5/1..and the drops for those 2 in the last 2 days have been atrocious (just when they became the only thing worth farming,strange..)

for usopp i'm probably witing for fatsiopp fortnight at this point..it should be here around april if they follow japan's logic...hope i'm going to max at least g3..

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
From my experience so far, heal seems really, really good. Better than matching orbs, honestly. Makes stalling / everything way easier.

Ah right, the slasher advice is great. I got Mr. 3 on the Whitey Bay account too so I should aim to farm other INT slashers.

Story-mode wise you're not gonna desperately need a full team with captain synergy until either Arlong or Smoker (as far as I reacall), who are the two big hurdles (arlong damage wise & smoker just in general)

Some units are also useful to have around even if they don't get a boost from either captain, like golden pound usopp with his 3-turn delay to enemies.

From my experience so far, heal seems really, really good. Better than matching orbs, honestly. Makes stalling / everything way easier.

Matching orbs is quite good with 5 points already, making it one of the easiest investments.

Heal gets a massive bump at level 5, but that requires 5/6 crewmembers to have heal fully socketed; making it quite a big investment to optimize.

Personally I chose to put matching orbs/CD reduction on LOG luffy for now as they have more payoff when most teams don't have a lot of socketed members.

I

Hisoka

Hey, if you want an account with a legendary, i rerolled a bit during the last sugo!

Those Accounts would be available:

6* Mihawk + Fossa, Capone, Namule, Log Chopper

6* Ace + Log Nami, Drake, Bepo

Rayleigh + Log Chopper, Bonney, Oars

Also to others who may want to have one, just leave a message here and you can have it :p

Heng

Was looking for something to play on my new phone so I picked this up, only realizing that the Sugofest just passed by. I rerolled a few times anyway considering they are giving like 5+ rolls to start and I ended up Happiness Punch Nami, Red Flag X Drake, Morning Star Rakuyo, and also Arlong which I thought was pretty good so I just stuck with that. Unfortunately it seems quite difficult to find INT friend team leaders and everyone seem to using STR or Slash based leaders on the guest lists.

So then I went to reroll a few times on my old phone and I ended up with Nico Robin and Whitey Bay... so I'm assuming I lucked out and I'm pretty set to go? I guess the latter is eventually going to be the better account with Nico Robin in tow.

Biggest problem now is that I can't use the rolled units I have in a single team, but should I hurry to level up or should I spend my time farming and using stamina as efficiently as possible at low levels?
You can also use Rayleigh with your int team, and there's many gaffers who use him. You could also use G3 Luffy, Log Luffy, or even Sengoku with your int team but remember to use any of the Luffy first because they won't get the boost from your Int captains.

Also slashers are really strong, probably best for f2pers. Arlong is one of the strongest (maybe the strongest?) Slasher out there but he has a fortnight that has a high chance in dropping him.

I would recommend leveling as fast as possible, and on the 17th this month, there should be a training island that will give you a ton of experience. It's fairly easy and there should be 2 more training island this month.

Also welcome to OPTC gaf :p

Impact will be used on either Garp or Marco teams, so I'm thinking Lock / Despair will be most beneficial there.
Personally I'm going with CD reduction and orb matching for him since his special is about bursting things down asap. I may switch orb matching for bind or lock once I'll most likely use Garp and Bon Clay with my burst team.

The nice thing about sockets is that in a worst case scenario where you realise you really don't like certain sockets on a character after all, it's always possible to resocket them!

(just for fun, to have 5 fully maxed skills, including full heal which requires 24 levels:)

105 skill levels = 21 sockets = 3.5 sockets per team.

so 3x4 and 3x3 slots on your characters (if I'm thinking correctly) would allow you:

max heal, max CD reduction, max orb matching, max despair & lock resist.

/edit

I'm thinking:

1. usopp golden pound despair/lock

2. sogeking heal/cd reduction/orb matching

3. usopp golden pound heal + either lock or cd reduction.

Logic is, Sogeking's max CD is 15; but usually the characters you try to stall for most have a CD around 16-17. So having a sogeking with optimized stalling sockets would help a lot in situations where you wanna be able to take hits & get "larger" powers to charge faster.

Between those three I should have the ultimate usopp delayer for several situations.

Gizuko

We have a couple Gaffers that have high lvl Vivis or Laboon even if they dont are usually up. Pretty sure if Garp is up and you ask about it here there will be some ready for you to choose.

I also have Zoro or Laboon - so if you wanna go the Zombie route that shouldnt be an issue. Good luck.

You have SW Shanks right ? So getting Garp would be nice for your PSY team.

Will probably ask then, if I ever get him to drop!
Yup, I have SW Shanks, which is why I want to get my Psy team rolling ASAP.

Feel free to add me, if I'm online when you need a Vivi you can use mine. Level 76 so easily high enough for a proper vivi/laboon team.

I feel like this is the case, haha. Honestly, at this point I'm going with whatever multiples of any good socket I get. (CD, Anti-lock/silence, Orb boost)

Edit - I also have a Vivi at 73 with some RCV candies (Ssh, this was wayyy before Enel!) if anyone needs em up.

I actually tried to add you both, but I noticed you are missing from the GAF spreadsheet. Do I have the wrong one? (email-tagged the one I have)

pelicansurf

Story-mode wise you're not gonna desperately need a full team with captain synergy until either Arlong or Smoker (as far as I reacall), who are the two big hurdles (arlong damage wise & smoker just in general)

Some units are also useful to have around even if they don't get a boost from either captain, like golden pound usopp with his 3-turn delay to enemies.

Matching orbs is quite good with 5 points already, making it one of the easiest investments.

Heal gets a massive bump at level 5, but that requires 5/6 crewmembers to have heal fully socketed; making it quite a big investment to optimize.

Personally I chose to put matching orbs/CD reduction on LOG luffy for now as they have more payoff when most teams don't have a lot of socketed members.

I
Yeah, I have like 15 in Orb Matching, but for the 0-stamina forests, fort nights, and maybe some raids, it seems really awesome. Even at just +500/1000 a turn.

chrono01

My Usopp was only one +Bind Resistance socket away from 5/5 ...i was expecting the worst. Very nice surprise from the first singly copy i fed xD

I can try my luck with Impact Usopp now....which Sockets are recommended on him ? I know he is used against Zephyr for Marco Rush teams.
Congrats man.

I've been having horrible luck with him, I need to socket Impact Usopp too. Hopefully I'll get them both done when Usopp's special Island hits. I'm working on my G3 too (have Log Luffy finished), but he's not a high priority. I'm pretty close to having him max'd as well too, though.

I'm the only one on the list without a check in any column *single tear runs down cheek*
:(

Your day will come!

Totakeke

Hey, if you want an account with a legendary, i rerolled a bit during the last sugo!

Those Accounts would be available:

6* Mihawk + Fossa, Capone, Namule, Log Chopper

6* Ace + Log Nami, Drake, Bepo

Rayleigh + Log Chopper, Bonney, Oars

Also to others who may want to have one, just leave a message here and you can have it :p

Oh crap, that's really tempting to start over.

... I suppose my first account isn't really that interesting. Can I get the Mihawk account?

Also welcome to OPTC gaf :p

Thanks for the advice and welcome. :)

I was multitasking and made a mistake of evolving Usopp into his first evo instead of the second one on my second account. >_> Live and learn I suppose.

Majukun

... I suppose my first account isn't really that interesting. Can I get the Mihawk account?

I was multitasking and made a mistake of evolving Usopp into his first evo instead of the second one on my second account. >_> Live and learn I suppose.

they put the option to evolve the second inferior form to golden pound usopp anyway a couple of updates ago..so you should still be ok..at best you lost a bit of exp and a sea horse

just be sure to get it right this time XD

Totakeke

they put the option to evolve the second inferior form to golden pound usopp anyway a couple of updates ago..so you should still be ok..at best you lost a bit of exp and a sea horse

just be sure to get it right this time XD

Oh woah, thank god. Thanks for letting me know before I wasted all my time trying to get a second one. :p

Hisoka

Sure thing!
I'll send you the login data via pn.
The Mihawk one was also my favourite of this choices :) hope you like it!
Edit: done, check your inbox.

RedBoot

Busy weekend. Managed to get Iva one skill level from max, and decent sockets (5 on orb and lock, 3-4 on despair and cooldown). Will probably be able to finish next time the raid comes around.

I got the 365 day login bonus (10 gems), so I did a yolo pull. Got G3. And just yesterday I was saying I'd probably pull another legend before him. :p Now to go nuts on the Afro Luffy fortnight over the last couple days to try and get some decent sockets on him.

Garp coming back is nice, but I really want Blackbeard to return. Or a new one. Maybe an INT one.

Gah, I hate having the first turtle time of the day because barely anyone switches their captain to a PSY lead the night before. I finally have an INT unit I want to level and there are two PSY leads up on my friends list right now. I guess I'll make a back up <20 unit cost team with a Shanks lead to use with all these Sengoku team captains.

chrono01

Gah, I hate having the first turtle time of the day because barely anyone switches their captain to a PSY lead the night before. I finally have an INT unit I want to level and there are two PSY leads up on my friends list right now. I guess I'll make a back up <20 unit cost team with a Shanks lead to use with all these Sengoku team captains.
Thanks for the reminder, putting my Marco up now!

Gizuko

... Is that bride Boa on the Japanese in-game news? I mean, the earrings give her away, but... Whoa.

Right after a two-day sugo, too. Damn you Banco!

chrono01

... Is that bride Boa on the Japanese in-game news? I mean, the earrings give her away, but... Whoa.

Right after a two-day sugo, too. Damn you Banco!
TuvXZIf.gif

ah_hia

Uuuuuuu. The friend points pull in jp include rare and 4 STAR female units. Bamco should copy this feature in the future.

RalchAC

Got to stage 19 in the Whitebeard forest and got wrecked there. I should have used Doflamingo's special in order to beat the stage, but since he is at 23 CD I would have died anyway at Whitebeard .

When I get Doffy closer to max I will try again.

I had the Healing socket at 300 HP at the end of the turn and it already seemed useful TBH. The fact that my WB Forest team has 1800 RCV helps, obviously. I had matching orbs and both Despair and Bind at level 1.

I still have 60 gems left on my account. I'm a self-restrained dude :p

Uuuuuuu. The friend points pull in jp include rare and 4 STAR female units. Bamco should copy this feature in the future.

I think we got a story mode units FP Sugo like 6 months ago that included some units from the East Blue + Laboon and... that's all.

I was hoping we would get a Whiskey Peak to Ark Maxim FP Sugo sometime in the future, so I can get Broggy, Dorry, and some of the crappy units from the first part of Skypiea. But that's nowhere to be found...

Majukun

I always thought this should always be the case.. I get that this game is generous with free gems to do rare recruit.. but friend recruit are even more useless than in other gatcha games I've played.. I don't think that put a couple of 4 Star story characters per event would hinder the game's balance

ah_hia

I was hoping we would get a Whiskey Peak to Ark Maxim FP Sugo sometime in the future, so I can get Broggy, Dorry, and some of the crappy units from the first part of Skypiea. But that's nowhere to be found...

the new FP one is awesome. Perona, vivi, miss doublefinger... all very helpful drops that I don't need to farm lol

@majukun
I agree with FP being mostly useless. They need to start doing themed story drops regularly because I don't want to farm for impossible drops

Majukun

but once you have already cleared all the stages in the colosseum you only have to repeat the last one? so after the first time they become just harder fortnights?

Spinx

but once you have already cleared all the stages in the colosseum you only have to repeat the last one?

yes.

I haven't done a single one. Seems like it's for people like lucypirates and pelicansurf.
If you don't have legends you're kinda fucked ?

alben

Neo Member
yes.

I haven't done a single one. Seems like it's for people like lucypirates and pelicansurf.
If you don't have legends you're kinda fucked ?

You can f2p it, but it does require batman levels of prep time. It's not easy even with legends

alben

Neo Member
wow,really?i heard people comparing it to lesser difficulty raid bosses,not whitebeard forest level ò_ò

In uroge coliseum you can't just pick your legend Marco and auto win. Before uroge you fight perona, and a Marco team will need antisilence level 2-3 to deal with her. And getting those sockets will require some time
It's not super hard but requires the rigth units( or sockets)

In uroge coliseum you can't just pick your legend Marco and auto win. Before uroge you fight perona, and a Marco team will need antisilence level 2-3 to deal with her. And getting those sockets will require some time

Is that what makes the Coliseum so difficult? Multiple different type boss characters in a row? Yowch.

Majukun

well,then i'm screwed..i never get anything good on sugofests,and i lack tons of useful characters

are at least the reward characters good?

pelicansurf

So Coliseum basically is there to appeal to min maxers?

It's a high end challenge. They're pretty much like raids, but with character drops that aren't as ridiculous, yet still pretty good. There are different levels of difficulty, but it's based on the actual character that you choose to fight in the coliseum than actual 10/15/30 stamina levels per character, if that make sense. They are definitely socket-centric though, last I heard.

Majukun

finally finished g3 socketing ,but golden pound it's still far from finished with 5/1..and i wil probably not be able to max him before the event ends.

and i thought i would be able to socket both gp and impact usopp..gotta wait for fatsopp fortnight it seems

Hana-Bi

I'm at 5/3 for silence/lock for my G3 and Impact Usopp. Don't know if I want to gem today to get them to 5 and get some Jimbe skill books so I can max him...

Top Bottom