• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

So I'm missing a single skill charge on Luffy, I've maxed everything else.

Considering how important lock/despair reduction are, I'm thinking it's not THAT important to gem for that final skill charge slot right?

sure maxing it would mean a guaranteed -1 reduction with double socketed LOG; but I can't think of many situations where that'd make or break a team.

RedBoot

LOL, according to Reddit you can already get Prison Bon Clay if you evolve a regular 3 star Bon Clay with the Hina evolution, as they just added that evo in the update today. You know, in case you want to use a relatively rare character for an evolution you'll be able to get easily in a day. :p

Kid's one of the new colosseum units, too. I can't wait til we get that added to Global, so many good units in there.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
My G3 is still +1 away from 5/5 on Bind resistance dont think i will get it done in time. How important is Bind Resistance for upcoming Raid Bosses like Aokiji and what level is needed for clears?
Congrats man.

I've been having horrible luck with him, I need to socket Impact Usopp too. Hopefully I'll get them both done when Usopp's special Island hits. I'm working on my G3 too (have Log Luffy finished), but he's not a high priority. I'm pretty close to having him max'd as well too, though.

Thanks man #smallvictories

I always have to resort to smaller achievements after disappointing Sugofests heh. How far along are you with your first Golden Pound ? I wish i had a bit more luck on my G3 or in general Afro Luffy drops, for the last 2 days my Afro Luffy drop rate was like 10-15% and i still need a Bind Resistance +1.

I also wont stone for that Island because there is just too much RNG involved from getting the Afro Luffy drop to even receiving the right Socket.

Gizuko

Finally got Laboon!

Now, if only a wild Sea Stallion appeared during a Whiskey Peak run, I could evolve Ace and not waste his skillbooks.

Heng

Log Luffy isn't cooperating with me... I've fed him so many copies but sometimes he gives me 1 useful socket and other times nothing at all. I guess I'll max him whenever another Luffy fortnight comes around.

Also Usopp can go to hell, still 1/5 for bind...

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
do sockets remain when you evolve a character?

Supposedly so, I haven't seen a confirmation of it though in Global. But previously in Japan this used to be not the case, until after that patch with sockets that are 5/5 not showing up anymore - which is how our sockets work. The one thing to note is some units evolve to have more slots.

Majukun

Supposedly so, I haven't seen a confirmation of it though in Global. But previously in Japan this used to be not the case, until after that patch with sockets that are 5/5 not showing up anymore - which is how our sockets work. The one thing to note is some units evolve to have more slots.

hmm..at this poitnt i'm probably gonna wait..it's unprobable that a single copy of capone is gonna give e a skillup..so it's no biggie to give it to the other one after the skillup event..the bad thing is that i HAD all the fusion materials,but i accidentally sold the blue penguin :(

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
4Lewhdr.jpg

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
hmm..at this poitnt i'm probably gonna wait..it's unprobable that a single copy of capone is gonna give e a skillup..so it's no biggie to give it to the other one after the skillup event..the bad thing is that i HAD all the fusion materials,but i accidentally sold the blue penguin :(

I had a spare GP Usopp I used last night and went 1/1 skill up wise on my second GP Usopp I'm working on. So yeah anecdotal, but I will say there is no better time than now to attempt that one shot. I just haven't seen anyone confirm in global that unevolved units keep their slots, I'll try to ask around unless someone here verifies it.

wow,really?i heard people comparing it to lesser difficulty raid bosses,not whitebeard forest level ò_ò

From what I understand sockets are mandatory for the Colosseum. I do know it shows up 3 days a week and drops everything, candy, socket books, etc. As alben said, Batman level prep time sounds like a semi-accurate description. But also that description could be relative to those that will want to just complete it and the crazies who want to farm it incessantly (*raises hand*) right away.

YOOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Just got my final charge special on Log luffy, putting him at 5/5/5/5!!!

So happy, with that I've got LOG Luffy maxed & a maxed golden pound. I'm ready!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
For some reason I thought the Afro Luffy Fortnight would end today... But we still have another day, so there is still hope to get Bind Resistance on my G3.
YOOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Congrats man... Very nice !!!

RalchAC

I'm going to complain about my awful socket luck, just like Neorice did. Right now I only need 1 more point in Bind and my Log Luffy will be completed. But I keep getting damage reduction and RCV up!!!!

(/ .□.)\ ︵╰(゜Д゜)╯︵ /(.□. \)

Hope it works as well as it did for him

Majukun

after a series of tries where i got something like 3 poison reduction and 2 resiliance or something similiar,i got a bit of luck and got 2 despair reduction with 4 copies...now my golden pound is at 5/3..i doubt i'm gonna manage to get those 2 despair in one day but i'll try nonetheless...i also might gem to get some baby seahorses because between next event and all the baby turtles and red pigs i have i need to free some space in the storage already

Tidd

I believe I never gave a socket progress report for my Luffys and Usopps.

GPU is maxed with Anti-Lock and Despair.
Impact Usopp has one despair socket so far.
One G3 has 3 bind and 2 despair sockets
The other G3 has 5 in healing per turn and 3 in matching orbs.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Sweet, thanks for this!

I believe you're like... 2.5 million XP away? Good luck on your quest.

So I'm going to need... 30 Elder Turtles, +/- 25k XP?

Challenge accepted. I'm going to need to get real lucky and sit next to my router for optimal speed runs (can't lose precious seconds on loading screens).

chrono01

Log Luffy isn't cooperating with me... I've fed him so many copies but sometimes he gives me 1 useful socket and other times nothing at all. I guess I'll max him whenever another Luffy fortnight comes around.

Also Usopp can go to hell, still 1/5 for bind...
Sorry, I hope your luck improves soon.

Thankfully, Straw Hat islands seem to be relatively common, so it shouldn't be too long before another one comes around. Well, at least for Luffy/Zoro/etc. copies, ones for Usopp/Chopper/Nami/etc. seem to be more rare. Although thankfully, Usopp gets his own island, so I'll (hopefully) be able to finish off my GP Hammer and Impact Usopp then. They're being stubborn for me, as well.

Haha, this is great.

YOOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Congrats! Log Luffy went okay for me, but then I had A LOT of Kimono Luffy saved up for when sockets were introduced. I still didn't max him out with all of those, but I got really close (one socket away). A few Afro Luffy copies gave me the final socket I needed. It was a good feeling.

I wish I could say the same for Usopp. ~_~

So I'm going to need... 30 Elder Turtles, +/- 25k XP?

Challenge accepted. I'm going to need to get real lucky and sit next to my router for optimal speed runs (can't lose precious seconds on loading screens).

After this morning I'm just a paltry 3.4 million XP away from maxing my Rayleigh. Completely doable in one more half hour turtle time, right!? I'm just contemplating who or what I should throw into the volcano as a ritual sacrifice first.

pelicansurf

After this morning I'm just a paltry 3.4 million XP away from maxing my Rayleigh. Completely doable in one more half hour turtle time, right!? I'm just contemplating who or what I should throw into the volcano as a ritual sacrifice first.
Goats. BandaiNamco are fans of goats. That's what I use anyways.

I guess I'm OK with waiting til next Monday to finish the job, but it'll feel bad.

Congrats! Log Luffy went okay for me, but then I had A LOT of Kimono Luffy saved up for when sockets were introduced. I still didn't max him out with all of those, but I got really close (one socket away). A few Afro Luffy copies gave me the final socket I needed. It was a good feeling.

I wish I could say the same for Usopp. ~_~

At least we're very likely to see fat usopp drop around april, right?

Aside from afro Luffy I don't see any reliable luffy drops in the near future at all & I have no idea when his fortnight will return; So I'd rather have my Luffy maxed out.

chrono01

At least we're very likely to see fat usopp drop around april, right?

Aside from afro Luffy I don't see any reliable luffy drops in the near future at all & I have no idea when his fortnight will return; So I'd rather have my Luffy maxed out.
Hopefully around April, yeah.

As for having Luffy max'd, the ideal situation is (of course) to have it finished now, but IIRC the Kimono Strawhat event returned once (maybe twice?) in the Japanese version. I could be wrong on that, but I remember reading something about it.

pelicansurf

Hopefully around April, yeah.

As for having Luffy max'd, the ideal situation is (of course) to have it finished now, but IIRC the Kimono Strawhat event returned once (maybe twice?) in the Japanese version. I could be wrong on that, but I remember reading something about it.

You evolved your Log Luffy, right? Can't recall.

Also Zeke, my condolences. My next attempt is at midnight. I got 14 elders on my first run and it was definitely not an optimal half hour. Let us ready the goats.

chrono01

You evolved your Log Luffy, right? Can't recall.

Also Zeke, my condolences. My next attempt is at midnight. I got 14 elders on my first run and it was definitely not an optimal half hour. Let us ready the goats.
I did, yeah. He's fully leveled too, and I'm putting as much ATK and HP cotton candy into him that I can, haha. He's currently at +88, IIRC.

I evolved my Shanks today too, although I still need to level him up before he's usable. Hopefully before Aokiji and Zephyr (/insert laughter here).

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
88 and 91 is pretty much done, nice work guys. You can max him easily with SBs, off color turtles and pigs this week if you're into that sort of thing and don't mind spending the beli.

---

I'm all done with Afro, I played a lot... probably too much. But I was curious with the socketing experience and what it would take, or take out of me. After the two weeks, I managed to complete Log Luffy, G3, Kid Luffy, Sogeking, 2x GP Usopp, Impact Usopp and MC. MC felt like a steal given the rarity of Davy Back Chopper showing up, so I'm grateful. Conversely, my goal the next two weeks is to play much, much less. Not bothering with the new units themselves once again. Just looking to socket Bon Clay (and hopefully Mr. 3), Garp this week... and lastly focus on whatever new raid shows up next week.

Good luck to those still looking for the last skill ups and/or sockets.

ElChado

Neo Member
I actually think one of those two is next week...

Probably Aokiji then.

I still really like the idea it will be one big daily gem event called Strawhats go to the movies, with Zephyr raid and the strong world batches.

Socket update, G3 done, GPU still refusing to max despair making me despair as i really wanted to at least get started on impact.

Wow, this friend pull event. I'm drowning in turtles. DROWNING IN THEM.

4 red elder, 7 teen
4 green elder, 10 teen
4 blue elder, 6 teen
1 yellow elder, 7 teen
4 purple elder, 6 teen

and 46 baby turtles of assorted colors

Gizuko

Is it a bad idea to pull for turtles? I know cotton candy is where it's at, but I could use the turtles.

Actually, is there any reason to believe we are getting a candy sugo "soon"?

I opened an account on jpOPTC during this last sugo, settled for LLuffy and Wedding Robin and feel nothing but regret right now.

Tidd

Is it a bad idea to pull for turtles? I know cotton candy is where it's at, but I could use the turtles.

Actually, is there any reason to believe we are getting a candy sugo "soon"?

PULL! When we get the next FP event you will definitely have max FP again.

It's been so long between FP events that I don't even remember the last one we had. I'd rather risk now (which I did) than see my friend points stuck at max for months at a time.

Majukun

now i have to decide if i wanna farm afro luffy again for chances to get usopp's copies for chances to get a despair socket..or if i wanna run the sea horse stage like a mad man to storage those little brats to use with all the baby turtles we got with the friend point and the keys we will get with the event
or just gem and do both

Top Bottom