• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
now i have to decide if i wanna farm afro luffy again for chances to get usopp's copies for chances to get a despair socket..or if i wanna run the sea horse stage like a mad man to storage those little brats to use with all the baby turtles we got with the friend point and the keys we will get with the event
or just gem and do both
Sea horses are a weekly event... And Strawhats events are frequently as well. So whatever you do you will be fine. I would go for for Afro Luffy though.

Oh my god I loooove this FP event.

Something about seeing 5+ golden posters come falling down feels soo good..

I've got a grinch-like smile on my face any time that happens.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
88 and 91 is pretty much done, nice work guys. You can max him easily with SBs, off color turtles and pigs this week if you're into that sort of thing and don't mind spending the beli.

---

I'm all done with Afro, I played a lot... probably too much. But I was curious with the socketing experience and what it would take, or take out of me. After the two weeks, I managed to complete Log Luffy, G3, Kid Luffy, Sogeking, 2x GP Usopp, Impact Usopp and MC. MC felt like a steal given the rarity of Davy Back Chopper showing up, so I'm grateful. Conversely, my goal the next two weeks is to play much, much less. Not bothering with the new units themselves once again. Just looking to socket Bon Clay (and hopefully Mr. 3), Garp this week... and lastly focus on whatever new raid shows up next week.

Good luck to those still looking for the last skill ups and/or sockets.
Damn, congrats. I randomly full socketed MC. However, GP Usopp's last despair socket still eludes me. I'm going to try and gem later to see if I get lucky. He avoided giving me despairs this morning, but gave me real despair instead.

Also:

5QoyOv3.jpg

Wadiwasi

Banned
They really should add an identifier in the Tavern like they have in the JPN version for the current lady FP event. If I didn't check this forum I would have forgot about this lol

pelicansurf

T3stUO5.png

Screw you Afro Luffy, I'm done with you!

Until next time and I have to farm you for impact Usopp. Hopefully fat Usopp comes before then.

Hana-Bi

Tried two runs today for Whitebeard forest and made some really stupid mistakes... Got hit by Curiel aka 20 turns blind with my LL team. :) And then I forgot to stall one more turn for GP on stage 19...

Will try it over the week. I changed my Zoro for Alvida and see how that works.

And I really like that the next fortnight forces you to use some fighters. Now I can use Bepo, Jimbe, Drake and Namule. Really nice team. :)

Wooh, I maxed bepo's skill just in time! Final day of the event!

Log Luffy sockets, Usopp sockets? Useless trivialities to waste my time.

Maxing Bepo was my true goal.

Majukun

not even the last 4 usopps gave me any despair red. socket....i close this fortnight with my g3 getting to 5/5 but my golden pound only reaching 5/3

i'll have to wait for fatsopp fortnight...

pelicansurf

Just realized that all my legends are rainbow team legends. That seems fortunate.

Team for Garp:
Rayleigh, Dofla, Robin, Towel Nami, and maybe inthawk or someone else for damage against Garp.

Just realized that all my legends are rainbow team legends. That seems fortunate.

Team for Garp:
Rayleigh, Dofla, Robin, Towel Nami, and maybe inthawk or someone else for damage against Garp.

I'd go slasher croc for emergency orb reshuffling over INTHawk but unless you just get really unlucky, fishing for orbs leading up to Garp shouldn't be too much trouble. If you do get good orbs, Garp is as good as dead anyway, with or without INTHawk's special.

I've been looking up future raid teams and it seems even the ones that use Garp don't require him to be socketed, for Nightmare Luffy or Aokiji. I know in Aokiji's raid there's a stage that locks and silences your captain for 1 turn but most teams just tank the next turn damage or use a short delayer. I'm sure socketting Garp will eventually be worth it, I just don't know if I want to invest my gems in him right now with new stuff possibly around the corner.

Majukun

not having jibe I'll probably use my kinda burst garp team.. they are basically all fighters except for golden pound/hammer usopp.

but first, I need to drop a. blue penguin

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
This fortnight stinks, with Shandia and Krieg running back to back the next two weeks... whoo, definitely going to be a slow burn. On the minor upside, it does drop a relative amount of penguins to evolve those pigs you'll get.

I don't mind the fighter restriction, finally giving Bepo some play and his special comes in handy for that final burst down of Bon Clay with other STR units. I highly recommend Jozu in your team providing you have him special maxed given there are only 7 stages, if you're looking to run things smoothly. Otherwise stall accordingly with your teams. Lastly Bon Clay locks three of your units heavily under 20% but don't worry about Mr. 3 under 20% if you get him to appear, he'll just change all your orbs to RCV. Mr. 3 hits for like 3000+, while Bon-chan does 4420 I believe, but double that initially with his ATK up.

I've got Jimbe up, hopefully that helps a majority of you. I also tested out Sengoku, Rayleigh, DeCalvan/Zeff teams. Sengoku allows you to run Sanji who can clear Stage 6 with his special immediately. With the right team composition I'm sure Sengoku is the fastest run, I just wanted something more mindless that I found with Jimbe. Rayleigh teams may run into the usual problem of clearing Stages 1-6 in two turns, unless you manually target a baby turtle or something initially. He has no problem with neutral orbs clearing Stage 7. DeCalvan is interesting, but much like Zeff I felt that having DEX units hurt the run more. Otherwise they're more than capable. Didn't try G3 or Log Luffy but I'm sure they can more than handle things as well.

Also the ranking, you're basically going to need to hit everyone at 50,000. I left about 4-5 hits on the table, but have patience and good luck. I definitely feel Doffy is mandatory for the final stage, you're going to need to clear that in two turns with the damage you may have to take leading up to that. If not Doffy, you absolutely need orbs and a boost.

Kyou

really not digging this fortnight much. Getting piles of giant books, nothing interesting.

Probably more story farming in my future

Majukun

really not digging this fortnight much. Getting piles of giant books, nothing interesting.

Probably more story farming in my future
basically all this fn is good for is socketing Mr 2 and 3..at least for me.
but even the drop rate of these guys seems less than amazing

Majukun

took a look at the ranking.. I already know I'm gonna waste a ton of stamina on it and hate it just like I hated Perona's one...gonna try it tomorrow...

chrono01

I think the only good thing I can say about this fortnight is that it works really well as practice for a Log Luffy-based team.
Indeed.

I'm going with:

Log Luffy/Log Luffy
Marco
Garp
Coby V2
GP Usopp

GP Usopp is just there as a safety net, in case I mess up on the final stage. It's super simple though, I essentially one-hit-kill everything once the Captain effect kicks in, that includes Mr. 2 himself. Nice to see people on my Friend List finally using Log Luffy, though. :)

Indeed.

I'm going with:

Log Luffy/Log Luffy
Marco
Garp
Coby V2
GP Usopp

GP Usopp is just there as a safety net, in case I mess up on the final stage. It's super simple though, I essentially one-hit-kill everything once the Captain effect kicks in, that includes Mr. 2 himself. Nice to see people on my Friend List finally using Log Luffy, though. :)

I'm going:

Log/Log
Bepo
LOG Chopper
GUsopp
Jozu

That's the most STR-oriented fighter team I could create that doesn't screw over my recovery. (a big reason not to pick monchopper for me);

Jozu/usopp give a safety net & everyone on the team has relatively lax/easy timing.

Just in case it wasn't common knowledge, you can skip character dialogue mid-battle, some enemy special banners, and battle stage text by tapping the top half of the screen. Useful for Rayleigh's training and chatty raid bosses like Doffy.

RalchAC

Indeed.

I'm going with:

Log Luffy/Log Luffy
Marco
Garp
Coby V2
GP Usopp

I'm mainly using the Fortnight as practice, but it's a bit complicated trying to hit good with a character you haven't used in a while.

Before a raid boss, I can see myself going to a Training Forest to get the rhythm of my Log Luffy team.

Gizuko

I'm using a Namule team this time around! It's a nice change of pace.

I can't say I dislike these fortnights, even if they are a bit boring to farm (I can work towards maxing Kuma and Jozu).

What's with Mr. 3's special by the way? I know why the used 33 as a value, but it seems like a bunch of random effects slapped together.

Majukun

Those current Fortnights are so goddamn boring...lol

and it's only the beginning really..from what i read, fortnight units are gonna get more and more useless from here ,and they can't really up the difficulty because it would left new players in the dust..so we are left with meaningless farming for a couple skillbooks or copies for sockets

and i don't even have use for the skillbooks of this fortnight since i don't have diez drake and i have already maxxed jozu

is kuma worth farming the skypiea one?

and it's only the beginning really..from what i read, fortnight units are gonna get more and more useless from here ,and they can't really up the difficulty because it would left new players in the dust..so we are left with meaningless farming for a couple skillbooks or copies for sockets

and i don't even have use for the skillbooks of this fortnight since i don't have diez drake and i have already maxxed jozu

is kuma worth farming the skypiea one?

Is that why they introduced the colliseum? fortnights = lower skill content for skillbook farming, colliseum = actual challenging content for high end players?

RedBoot

I don't think it's so much that fortnights are getting worse, it's just more about what books each one has and how it helps you. For instance, the Sadi-chan fortnight has books for Vista, Law, and Slasher Croc, all characters I have and want to level. I also want to try and level Sadi's special, so I'll run that one a lot. For someone who doesn't have any of those characters, it's less useful.

This fortnight in particular's just got bad books. The only "notable" ones are Jozu and Drake, and the former's been available over the place (and the latter isn't really that useful, to be honest). Being paired with the Shandia fortnight is just bad luck, as that one's pretty rough as well (though it has better books).

The fortnight characters did take a shift around Perona's fortnight (or earlier than that, honestly) to needing a good 5-8 skill levels to be any good, which is of course intended to drain us of our gems. :) But there's certainly useful characters upcoming: Sadi, Young Arlong, Calgara, Norland, T-Bone, and even more beyond that. There's also some situational ones (Keimi seems built for Hancock/Marco teams).

Heng

Not having Killer is going to make this Ranking a pain once again. :(
I ran with:

Log Luffy/Log Luffy
Killer (any strong QCK unit will do)/Crocodile
Rakuyo/Penguin

I killed a few units by mistake by not hitting good/great/perfect but in the end I still made it through on my first try. Also I only got 2 hits on the 2 "mini boss" units and accidentally 1 shot the boss. I've messed up a few times and let them hit me and still finished with 50% health.

Majukun

the problem with g3 teams is that you basically have only 3 units that can attack..2 of them are red and one green,so you don't have a 50k hit assured every time in case of mismatch or bad orb.

Top Bottom