• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

I used 2x Killer, Doffy, Arlong, Slasher Croc, Urouge. My ranking attempts went: 24, 36, 40.

I'll prob stick to farming Shandia for more Urouge and Kuma books + hopefully get an Aisa drop (she's the only secret character I never encountered from the fortnights).

koryuken

the problem with g3 teams is that you basically have only 3 units that can attack..2 of them are red and one green,so you don't have a 50k hit assured every time in case of mismatch or bad orb.

I was able to finish the ranking on my second try with a G3 team - G3, G3, Doffy, penguins lol.

Mixed2k

Quick question, do you receive Robin for free after Ennies Lobby like the other straw hats ?
For some reason I can't find the answer ...

Should I wait for 1/2 or stamina or 2x exp to progress through the story islands? They don't seem to do much compared to 10 stamina fortnights (125 exp/stam). Just finished Arlong Park at p.lv 53 (thank you mr Rayleigh for your training).

RedBoot

It's quite bad. Sucks considering his attack animation is dope.

Yeah. I'm glad I pulled him (because DINOSAUR), but I don't think I'll ever find any use for him. Maybe I'll get to use his captain ability someday.

Quick question, do you receive Robin for free after Ennies Lobby like the other straw hats ?
For some reason I can't find the answer ...

We will after the next story island, yes (EL1). However, it's a different Robin from the RR version, this one's a PSY unit (that's sadly a bit unremarkable).

Mixed2k

We will after the next story island, yes (EL1). However, it's a different Robin from the RR version, this one's a PSY unit (that's sadly a bit unremarkable).

Dammit, oh well. I'm sure she'll drop from RR someday.....someday.

Oh and talking about attack animations ? Freaking plastic shot sanji does a double scissors kick (street fighter). Such a wierd animation to give him, I don't remember him doing anything similar in the anime.

Heng

Do you guys ever have that moment where you look at X.Drake's special and cry a little inside?
I've been trying to use his special in the WB 0 stamina with my Log Luffy team but my health is always too low when I need his special. Maybe I'll try using Marco with him, but I can't see his special being useful outside of 0 stamina raids.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Finally cleared the ranking with 40. Kind of annoying. I feel like my log Luffy team was bugged, since I did good - great - perfect and only dealt 2,000 damage or so which didn't seem right.

Hana-Bi

Did some more WB forest runs today and my orb luck on stage 19 and especially stage 20 is driving me crazy. Last run I didn't get any green orbs on stage 20 to clear Jozu...

Will try it tomorrow again...

Do you guys ever have that moment where you look at X.Drake's special and cry a little inside?

And you'll never be able to use his special if you're using him as a captain at the same time. What's worse is that his attack stat is pretty pathetic for someone who is a MOTHER FUCKING DINOSAUR so he doesn't even make a very good beat stick for burst teams.

Heng

So I decided to practice my timing with Log Luffy on 0 stamina Whitebeard island... While practicing, I got some pretty good orbs along the way. Before I knew it:
NWEnS0e.jpg
I found myself fighting Whitebeard! I took out 50% of his health and Usopp was ready...

For the next 3 turns, I had 1 matching orb on Doflamingo, 1 bad orb on my Luffy, and 2 bad orbs on my friend captain. This was unbelievable to me considering that I have level 2 matching orbs socket...

At this point my hands were shaking hard and I was worried about choking the last turn... I remembered that I only came in here to practice and it wasn't too hard getting to this stage with this team. It took a lot of pressure off me.

And then I did it.

Proud new owner of Moby Dick! Maybe I'll try to use WB on some fortnights although it feels unnecessary since I have a better team. Good thing I didn't level my marine ship!

Maxed WB ship using 243 colas with 6 failures.

pelicansurf

Beating Beard forest is definitely one of the big milestones in the game, since you can have all legends, but only skill and luck will get you to the end. I used the same exact team.

Congrats, Heng! Really sick cola rate. 243 is nearly a no Usopp fail ship upgrade.

Heng

Congrats Heng. Both for clearing and upgrading the ship. Need to follow your lead and do it as well lol
Hehe thanks! I'll leave up WB for my fellow WB since my Luffy is... lacking... compared to others.

Beating Beard forest is definitely one of the big milestones in the game, since you can have all legends, but only skill and luck will get you to the end. I used the same exact team.

Congrats, Heng! Really sick cola rate. 243 is nearly a no Usopp fail ship upgrade.
Thanks! The couple of fails I gotten were really early and only had like 2 at the end.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Proud new owner of Moby Dick! Maybe I'll try to use WB on some fortnights although it feels unnecessary since I have a better team. Good thing I didn't level my marine ship!

My man - congrats !!

Also you have a kickass LL team - perfection :-D

It sucks that you can't use the regular marine units to socket the ensign marines. Guess my bazooka and knuckle ensigns aren't ever going to get socketed.

chrono01

I ran with:

Log Luffy/Log Luffy
Killer (any strong QCK unit will do)/Crocodile
Rakuyo/Penguin

I killed a few units by mistake by not hitting good/great/perfect but in the end I still made it through on my first try. Also I only got 2 hits on the 2 "mini boss" units and accidentally 1 shot the boss. I've messed up a few times and let them hit me and still finished with 50% health.
Thanks, I'll give it a try later!

Also...

So I decided to practice my timing with Log Luffy on 0 stamina Whitebeard island... While practicing, I got some pretty good orbs along the way. Before I knew it:

I found myself fighting Whitebeard! I took out 50% of his health and Usopp was ready...

For the next 3 turns, I had 1 matching orb on Doflamingo, 1 bad orb on my Luffy, and 2 bad orbs on my friend captain. This was unbelievable to me considering that I have level 2 matching orbs socket...

At this point my hands were shaking hard and I was worried about choking the last turn... I remembered that I only came in here to practice and it wasn't too hard getting to this stage with this team. It took a lot of pressure off me.

And then I did it.

Congrats to you!

I'm never evolving this Robin.
As well you shouldn't. That art is just too nice.

RalchAC

Damn... going through the last stage of Water 7 is such a slog. It's basically filled with enemies with 3-5 attack cooldown that have >100k HP. Not a difficult fight, but I often need 2 turns to clear a stage with 5 enemies.

Yesss!

I decided to farm wapol cause I have a buttload of his books & the current fortnight is boring as all hell.

skillbook time (no 2x but who cares, I have so many books and need space)

4/41

Well that was a TERRIBLE skillup amount, but who cares; wapol only has 6 levels total & I'll get more of his books in the future.

He won't see use until we get raid Kuma in global anyway.

Damn... going through the last stage of Water 7 is such a slog. It's basically filled with enemies with 3-5 attack cooldown that have >100k HP. Not a difficult fight, but I often need 2 turns to clear a stage with 5 enemies.

Not all that bad cause it helps build specials to one shot Lucci and Kaku when you get to them.

Majukun

by the way..what sockets are you gonna put on garp?

i was thinking anti despair and auto heal,both because he is a 2x hp captain and because he's part of the burst marco team that has to constantly have 100% health to be effective..

by the way...since we finally have some use for those keys..anyone wanna tap?

RalchAC

For Log Luffy users, I'd say it'd be important to socket Garp with lock. Since we don't know when Aokiji may release. Same can be applied to Gear 3rd bros.

A team like 2x Luffy, Garp, Impact Usopp, Doflamingo and Mirage Tempo Nami may work (haven't look much into it).

I would rather use Rakuyo instead of Garp, but he can't be socketed and we would need 15 points in Bind resistance in order to nullify Aokiji 2 turn lock.

I'll prob stick to farming Shandia for more Urouge and Kuma books + hopefully get an Aisa drop (she's the only secret character I never encountered from the fortnights).
Finally!
qHHxfLrl.png

Not only did I get her on the first day of farming Shandia, but she showed up on the first or second stage of the very next run as well! o_O

Gizuko

Do 3* like Kamakiri (whose special isn't anything to write home about, except for the boost which may come in handy) fill any kind of niche in the game?

Like fortnights/rankings that need to be played with 3* units or something.

Majukun

Do 3* like Kamakiri (whose special isn't anything to write home about, except for the boost which may come in handy) fill any kind of niche in the game?

Like fortnights/rankings that need to be played with 3* units or something.

well it's the only qck character atk booster if i remember correctly..but he does need a lot of investment to be useful since its CD is pretty long

but i never had to use him if that's what you are asking

Gizuko

well it's the only qck character atk booster if i remember correctly..but he does need a lot of investment to be useful since its CD is pretty long

Thank you, that's what I wanted to know, yes. I was also worried about future content, since Amazon Lily FN is dex units only.

I was thinking of using his copies to level Jinbe, since there's Eneru for the atk boost, but I guess I'll try to level his special instead.

RedBoot

Kamakiri's a little less useful now that we have Raid Enel. I think I'd actually prefer to farm Enel over the Shandia fortnight, too. :p

I'm never evolving this Robin.

I could certainly be wrong (because Oda) but I don't remember that outfit looking like that in the manga.

But yeah, much like SW Nami, it's hard to justify the evolution there. :)

Hana-Bi

I mess up on stage 20 in the WB forest. :( Wanted to kill Jozu in the first turn with my Doffy but couldn't kill him on the fourth hit (wanted to hit Marco with both LL). And then I had bad orb luck and couldn't kill Marco in time...

Okay, finally cleared. :)

But my Usopp was thirsty. I used 709 fuckin colas just to max the Moby Dick... 28 failures...

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member

But my Usopp was thirsty. I used 709 fuckin colas just to max the Moby Dick... 28 failures...

That's a lot of cola... but it's done and you did it! That's all that matters. It'll be awhile before our next ship anyway, so more time to collect.

Also...

Proud new owner of Moby Dick! Maybe I'll try to use WB on some fortnights although it feels unnecessary since I have a better team. Good thing I didn't level my marine ship! Maxed WB ship using 243 colas with 6 failures.

Congrats Heng! Good stuff. Thanks for the play-by-play.

Hana-Bi

That's a lot of cola... but it's done and you did it! That's all that matters. It'll be awhile before our next ship anyway, so more time to collect.

Yeah, I still have over 200 colas left and I'm glad that I didn't screw up my last try.

I wanted to use a LL friend with 5 points in heal, but I used all of them in my last tries...

I got 1 heal socket for my Alvida and since my LL and Doffy have 5 points in heal I got level 4 and 500 recovery every turn. My last try was with 200 but it is quite easy to get to stage 19 without much problems. I messed up in some stages and still could get through. For stage 20 I had to manually switch mid turn between Marco and Jozu and could finish Jozu off and then Marco. WB was easy with Perona, Alvida and GP special.

Heng

Congrats! Finding a LL with autoheal is pretty rare, and I have level 2 auto heal on my successful run. I don't think I could have done it without it.

Congrats Heng! Good stuff. Thanks for the play-by-play.
Heh thanks.

I think I'm going to try double Log Luffy + Doflamingo, Log Nami, Robin, and Crocodile for Garp tonight. This team didn't work before due to Coby's bind on the 4th stage but now this team has at least level 1 bind resistance.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure pelican tried a Log team when Garp returned awhile back, if I'm remembering correctly he had no difficulties... unless it was the Mihawk raid.

I setup a Ray team, so I'll probably be running that tonight, but we'll see how the event goes and what captains are up. Hopefully we're all in/out pretty quick for what we're after socket wise.

Majukun

one of these days i need to strat trying seriously for the moby dick..i'm quickly reaching the max cola possible and i don't wanna waste it..but also i have no real use for the ship atm..don't have whitebeard..in fact i have none of those captains that work well with low hp...

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
one of these days i need to strat trying seriously for the moby dick..i'm quickly reaching the max cola possible and i don't wanna waste it..but also i have no real use for the ship atm..don't have whitebeard..in fact i have none of those captains that work well with low hp...

WB's ship works well as a general Merry replacement. The health boost is a bonus as you make your way to a boss or say stall while perhaps healing with a high rcv team along the way. It should also work well for players who plan to socket auto-heal a lot.

Like Hana-Bi mentioned should also work nicely for training forests which are a long journey anyway.

pelicansurf

Pretty sure pelican tried a Log team when Garp returned awhile back, if I'm remembering correctly he had no difficulties... unless it was the Mihawk raid.

I setup a Ray team, so I'll probably be running that tonight, but we'll see how the event goes and what captains are up. Hopefully we're all in/out pretty quick for what we're after socket wise.
I've run Log and Rayleigh, totally doable. Have Dofla, Robin, and 2 heavy hitter purple dudes and lay waste in a couple turns.

Rayleigh is way easier though, so I'm going that route.

Heng

Does the bounty shown under friend approval mails mean anything?

At the highest level raids, is the boss drop 100%?
The bounty means how many missions you've beaten. At first place, you get 1 million beri, 750,000 for 2nd, and 500,000(?) for third.

For raids, yes.

Top Bottom