• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Tidd

15gems, 3 level up and 1 stamina meat refill later: 5 silence and 3 lock sockets. I don't even want to know how many copies I fed to him. q_q

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
WdF4PK4.png

I think I was in the 60 range, but I lost count. What was nutty was that I pretty much got it down to a 2-3 minute run, so it didn't even take long to farm 5. I just farmed 5 a lot. I was at like 17 gems, and now I'm at 6 + stamina regen / meat regen.

Kumo

Damn son, made it just in time with 6 final garp copies to give me the last lock socket I needed. It took me 50 copies total when I include the first 9 copies I used when 4.0 released. Funny enough, the first 9 gave me 4 bind and 1 lock so I was already pretty far ahead going in. I didn't think it would take this long and this many copies in the end. RNG can be quite brutal. =\

All in all, 8 gems + 2 level ups well spent.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I'm holding on to my garps until either a skill up event or I need to free up space.

I have had terrible luck with Garp. Only level 6 special, but I've fed him at least 40 copies over various raids

leehom

Any tips on beating Water 7 level 15? I tried every combo with the characters I have and I can't make it to the boss....
The first level really rapes the shit out of me.

Majukun

Any tips on beating Water 7 level 15? I tried every combo with the characters I have and I can't make it to the boss....
The first level really rapes the shit out of me.

i didi it with my standard team

2x mihawk
lucci
gp usopp
mr one
doflamingo

just focus on kaku first (after the usual 2x mihawk special),and be careful to burst down him before he reaches <20% hp..if you manage to do that you are basically done since you can then take lucci's attack which is percentage based,so it can't kill you,and then delay him with gp usopp and have a relaxing 4 turns to take out 50% of his hp

RalchAC

Um, wow @ Usopp'n 20 stamina raid

HP: 2550
ATK: 700
RCV: -41
CMB: 4 (Number of hits)
Cost: 20
Captain Ability: Boost chance of getting RCV orbs, boosts PSY HP 2x
Special: Empties all slots with RCV orbs, boosts attack of all charaters by 5% for 2 turns. (Default cooldown: 10 turns. Max CD: 5 turns)
5 sockets.

He is just socket fodder though. People farm him in order to get some sockets for their Golden Pounds and Impact Usopps, which are both awesome characters that you would rather use in your team instead of Usopp'n.

i didi it with my standard team

2x mihawk
lucci
gp usopp
mr one
doflamingo

just focus on kaku first (after the usual 2x mihawk special),and be careful to burst down him before he reaches <20% hp..if you manage to do that you are basically done since you can then take lucci's attack which is percentage based,so it can't kill you,and then delay him with gp usopp and have a relaxing 4 turns to take out 50% of his hp

Your standard team (which is mine TBH) might be that standard for him.

In any case, keep in mind that Kaku and Lucci are inmune to debuffs. So you could bring another Slasher like Halloween Zoro or Slasher Croc instead of using him for a bit extra damage.

Majukun

He is just socket fodder though. People farm him in order to get some sockets for their Golden Pounds and Impact Usopps, which are both awesome characters that you would rather use in your team instead of Usopp'n.

Your standard team (which is mine TBH) might be that standard for him.

In any case, keep in mind that Kaku and Lucci are inmune to debuffs. So you could bring another Slasher like Halloween Zoro or Slasher Croc instead of using him for a bit extra damage.

instead of him who ?_?

p.s. i know it might not be that standard for him..but they are all farmable,of course mr one takes time but it's repleaceble,it's there just for bursting potential..and doflamingo which is a bit hard to farm if you don't have the right team

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
but how are you sure too kill lucci without him?
yeah they have the protection..but it wears off after lucci's first attack,so you can use it on him

Well i havent used Usopp so far while running that stage - you normal have enough HP to at least one Lucci hit and you still bring along a 1-turn delay with Mr.1/HZoro.

Unless you dont have Mihawks boat but otherwise you should be fine without Usopp.

RalchAC

but how are you sure too kill lucci without him?
yeah they have the protection..but it wears off after lucci's first attack,so you can use it on him

I usually wait until the defense buff wears off (which means eating 1 or 2 Kaku attacks). Then use Doflamingo and kill both in one turn, before Lucci attacks. Halloween Zoro has 1 turn delay, just in case.

Majukun

I usually wait until the defense buff wears off (which means eating 1 or 2 Kaku attacks). Then use Doflamingo and kill both in one turn, before Lucci attacks. Halloween Zoro has 1 turn delay, just in case.

yeah but what if you don't get the orbs to activate dofla's skill?

Dawg

Should I spend all 88 FP pulls now there are turtles?

Also, can't seem to beat 30stam prison fortnight. Evem tried with a friends sengoku maxed and my 20cost Jinbe and other team members below.

RalchAC

my God the drop rates of anything remotely useful on the new fortnight are so low...

Yeah, it doesn't feel good when you get a Miss Monday book on stage 7/7...

I'm only running that island because there isn't anything better to do TBH. I've been feeding my Prisoner Mr.2 copies to my PSY Mr. 2 because he doesn't seem to be especially useful...

It was bound to happen, though. You can't keep giving awesome units on Fortnight Islands, especially once the current colours / classes have already been established. The problem with Prisoner Mr. 2 isn't that he is a bad character, but how crowded DEX orb manipulation is (well, and the fact that he boosts the worst class in the game). And PSY is decent too. It isn't that the units are bad (we would have used them if the island dropped 6 months ago), it's that there are many and much better options available.

Sockets were introduced to keep veteran players running new and old Fortnights even if they don't need the character drops. New Classes were introduced to create a void that must be filled with new RR, Fortnight and Colisseum units.

I understand why they do that, and I don't mind it, honestly. One of the coolest things in this game is seeing characters that will never cooperate fighting together, the cool special animations, and the fanservice in general. But the skill books situation is awful. We just started getting Shichibukai books, which is awful considering they were released a long time ago. I don't think it's normal that you need to wait 4-6 months in order to make some of your Rare Recruit bros more than an expensive beatstick. Same could be said about story drops...

And they should stop releasing the same worthless books over and over again. The Giants, the early Baroque Works... It should be 2 worthless, 2 old but useful and 2 new IMO. Making good books only drop in the boss fight is awful too.

/rant

As bad as the drops on this stage are... (particularly cause X.drake's skill is so lackluster, so this stage only seems particularly useful for people who still need to max jozu)

I actually kinda like it cause it's a relatively low-risk stage for me to master the timing on my log luffy team.

*rubs log luffy*

Mixed2k

Hell yes !
Took only 20ish runs. I thought i was gonna take an entire week of 1/2 stamina to farm him.
Are there other good story mode "exclusives" I should be aware of? The ones without a fortnight.

Welp ... first time dying on the bon clay fortnight. /:

accidentally dipped under 3k health and didn't get a single meat to help me back up before the guaranteed mid-boss bon clay 3k hit.

it pisses me off when the rng just doesn't give me any meat at all over like 10 rounds.

Majukun

Hell yes !
Took only 20ish runs. I thought i was gonna take an entire week of 1/2 stamina to farm him.
Are there other good story mode "exclusives" I should be aware of? The ones without a fortnight.

on alubarna specifically,mr 1 and miss doublefinger
mr 2 and 3 are good too but you can also get them on rare recruit unlike the others

other interesting story units are

-wapol (useful when the right content will be avaiable on global)
-enel (insane atk for a psy character,BUT if you already have a burst psy team,you might not use him at all,since there are better members for it.
-ohm (you don't NEED him..but it has its uses)
-wiper (current best shooter captain after legend ace until (if) we get zephyr)
-kaku and lucci (15 stage water 7 only) (2 units of both if you wanna all the possible evolutions)
-tilestone (the princess turtle killer)

RalchAC

Hell yes !

There is a small list with worthwhile story units in the OT, if you want to give it a look.

After Crocodile, farming Mr.1 should be a really good choice. Both are really important units for Slasher teams.

Instead of Enel (who is the 3Rd there) it would be a good idea to farm Impact Usopp. Then Miss Doublefinger.

Heng

So Don Krieg is the next fortnight... I guess I'll focus on getting a second Crocodile...or a third Kaku
Lucci won't drop T_T

Also the next Sugofest is striker rate up. I'm tempted to pull since I still need some of the units that's getting boosted but it's hard to justify wasting many gems just for the 3 units. Int rate will be up, hopefully more people will get Rayleigh or Int Mihawk.

GaimeGuy

... man, blackbeard might be the easiest raid boss as long as you have despair sockets

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
My squad for BB will be:

Enel Captain
Kaku / Doma second row
Sanji / Garp 3rd row

All max level and max skill except Doma.

With a max socket Enel friend I'd have: level 1 despair, level 2 matching orbs, level 2 lock, level 1 CD Reduction.

If Garp doesn't get locked, he sort of combos with Doma. Garp is here for despair sockets, since my Enel is CD/Orbs/Lock slot maxed.

Should be a cake walk.

GaimeGuy

Mine will be:
Jozu Jozu
Kaku Capone
Sanji Iva

My Jozu is level 88, Capone level 86, Iva is level 79, Kaku and Sanji are levels 68.

Last time I ran a level 50 ish ace instead of Iva, and Capone weas in the 40s. I think I should have the firepower to beat him reliably now.

... man, blackbeard might be the easiest raid boss as long as you have despair sockets

It's not even that really. Now that we have access to both Doffy (2x orb boost) and Enel (2x QCK boost), many teams will be able to burst him down before he even gets a chance to start silencing your captains.

Majukun

filler sugo, but I lack most of the rated up units except for kid and Blamenco, so I'm gonna pull.

teach is back huh.. his CD is still 19 for me.. so I'll farm 20/25 to hopefully finish both his sockets and skillup

RalchAC

I don't know what to do...

I own already most of the units listed. Moria, Blamenco, and Squard are the ones I'd want.

However, it's a INT rate up and I still don't have Robin...

phone screen broken so i'll be off the game while it's replaced i did a couple of pulls before as i'll loose them anyway and managed a 4* jimbe which is new!

Majukun

I don't know what to do...

I own already most of the units listed. Moria, Blamenco, and Squard are the ones I'd want.

However, it's a INT rate up and I still don't have Robin...
I'd say skip it.. but I always reason with my lack of luck in mind, so maybe you'll pull what you want.

Tidd

I wont pull this time. I have everyone except Square. And finally need to farm Blackbeard. He's still at skill level 1 because the first time he was around I couldn't beat him because I still don't have a Jozu. <.< but at least my slasher team will get revenge!!!

GaimeGuy

filler sugo, but I lack most of the rated up units except for kid and Blamenco, so I'm gonna pull.

teach is back huh.. his CD is still 19 for me.. so I'll farm 20/25 to hopefully finish both his sockets and skillup

Lucky you, he's still at 30 for me

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
phone screen broken so i'll be off the game while it's replaced i did a couple of pulls before as i'll loose them anyway and managed a 4* jimbe which is new!

Unless you are switching from iOS to Android while getting the screens fixed you wouldnt use the orbs. Then again you pulled Jinbei...congrats, great pull !!

WOAH JAPAN GETS AN IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/comments/46zyyy/jp_version_520_update/

That's really nice!
Thats really nice - awesome QoL update.

Top Bottom