• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Unless you are switching from iOS to Android while getting the screens fixed you wouldnt use the orbs. Then again you pulled Jinbei...congrats, great pull !!

Thats really nice - awesome QoL update.

although they may replace it with a new phone not sure about that but anyway i got a good pull from it anyway so even if i wasn't going to loose them it was worth it

Spinx

Details
• Increased maximum box space to 1000.

Holy shit.
KuGsj.gif

Man just beat kaku/lucci for the first time (log luffy super defensive team with smoker/alvida/perona/usopp)

These guys don't clown around do they o_O

debuff protector, 70% health reduction, super defence boost, damage nullifier.

What's the general strategy for this stage? & are there any teams that can cheese it relatively easily?

Heng

Man just beat kaku/lucci for the first time (log luffy super defensive team with smoker/alvida/perona/usopp)

What's the general strategy for this stage? & are there any teams that can cheese it relatively easily?
I've been farming it with double Log Luffy, Killer, Rakuyo, Mihawk, and Doflamingo. Rakuyo and Killer are there as beat stick and the only that's actually needed is Doflamingo. I'd suggest bringing at least a strong PSY unit for those INT big guys since they have a lot of health and a significant amount of defense. Some stages take 2 turns to clear but at least I can kill Kaku and Lucci in one turn.

A slasher team works just fine as well if you have Koza or Mr. 1. Just make sure you bring Lucci or a strong QCK unit to deal with Lucci.

I've been farming it with double Log Luffy, Killer, Rakuyo, Mihawk, and Doflamingo. Rakuyo and Killer are there as beat stick and the only that's actually needed is Doflamingo. I'd suggest bringing at least a strong PSY unit for those INT big guys since they have a lot of health and a significant amount of defense. Some stages take 2 turns to clear but at least I can kill Kaku and Lucci in one turn.

A slasher team works just fine as well if you have Koza or Mr. 1. Just make sure you bring Lucci or a strong QCK unit to deal with Lucci.

I've noticed those purple guys are tanky as fuck lol.

I went in kinda casually minded and nearly died on the first stage because I wasn't prepared AT ALL for how beefy those bastards are lol.

Personally I don't mind taking a few turns to take out kaku/lucci though. Because Lucci's "big attack" is percent based you've got quite a few turns to take care of him without risk (as long as you get rid of kaku & avoid lucci's 2nd attack.)

/edit

I've settled on this team:

Log luffy/Log Luffy
Alvida/Marco (max skill)
Usopp/smoker

My Marco's damage output is currently higher than Rakuyo & his full heal special is a great safety measure.

Majukun

I've noticed those purple guys are tanky as fuck lol.

I went in kinda casually minded and nearly died on the first stage because I wasn't prepared AT ALL for how beefy those bastards are lol.

Personally I don't mind taking a few turns to take out kaku/lucci though. Because Lucci's "big attack" is percent based you've got quite a few turns to take care of him without risk (as long as you get rid of kaku & avoid lucci's 2nd attack.)

/edit

I've settled on this team:

Log luffy/Log Luffy
Alvida/Marco (max skill)
Usopp/smoker

My Marco's damage output is currently higher than Rakuyo & his full heal special is a great safety measure.
my team is

double mihawk
doffy
Gp usopp
Mr one
Lucci or slasher croco

if you have enough power you should be able to reach them with enough health to tank an attack from kaku.

strategy goes as

use both mihawks
focus on kaku and make him go as low as possible without him reaching less than 20%,tanking the attack in the meanwhile and looking for orbs when he puts the nullifier.. in the last available turn burst him with doffy+ Mr one or Doffy +slasher croco.. Lucci will then attack with his percentage attack that can't kill you, and you will then be able to use gp usopp on him and kill him easily with 4 turns avaiable

Dawg

I use

Double Mihawk
Vista Smoker (both 1100+ attack)
God Usopp Arlong

Yet the problem is I can't seem to reach the final stage. I usually die around 7/8 because of my low hp and tanky enemies.

Weird thing is I remember beating it first try when I just unlocked the level. And ever since, I can't do it anymore /cry

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
The best is when you get stage 1 with all 1 turn CDs, end up killing 2 of them, then eating 12-15k lol. Stupid Barretts.

ah_hia

Just use double mihawk 2 blue member 1 yellow 1 purple. Use both mihawk special in turn one then just kill Kaku then lucci

I think I'll mostly farm this map on 2x drop days rather than 0.5 stamina days lol, it's significantly tougher than past story islands we've had to farm.

Are the kaku/lucci maps on the enies lobby story island similarly tough?

God and we need 2 versions of both Kaku and Lucci lol, fml.

I think I'll mostly farm this map on 2x drop days rather than 0.5 stamina days lol, it's significantly tougher than past story islands we've had to farm.

Are the kaku/lucci maps on the enies lobby story island similarly tough?

God and we need 2 versions of both Kaku and Lucci lol, fml.

From what I've heard, it's far easier to farm them from EL than W7. That's what I'm waiting for.

From what I've heard, it's far easier to farm them from EL than W7. That's what I'm waiting for.

I decided to give it a try cause the current fortnight is boring anyway but man this stage isn't fun for repeated farming lol.

Only benefit is it having BOTH Kaku and Lucci. The chance to get either makes it okay to farm during 2x drop. But the moment you get 2 copies of either there's really no benefit to it at all imho.

But I'm saving the rest of my stamina for turtle time. Wanna put some more levels on LOG nami, kimono Tashigi and Whitey Bay.

RedBoot

Sugofest looks decent. I've really wanted Moria for a while now (there's a team I want to make with him once we get ColoHawkins), so I'll pull a few times to see if I can get him. Wouldn't mind a Squard or something too.

For BB, I'll be running this:

Enel (Captain) / Enel/Ace/Jozu (Friend Captain)
Iva / Kaku
Jimbei / Candy Sanji

The idea is that regardless of who BB locks, I'll be able to burst with matching slots on two attackers (if Jimbei is free) or I'll have matching slots on one or likely more units (if Sanji is free). I haven't done the math so I don't know how well it works, but I figure having Enel around makes BB relatively easy anyway.

Majukun

hmm--last time for teach i used the usual double jozu team..now i wonder if there are better teams avaiable with doffy,ener and all the other units...oh well i'll get to it friday

fuck forgot about turtle time.. :(

/edit

with a full bar of stamina to waste cuz I forgot to farm turtles I did lucci/kaku's story isle some more.

current team:

Log/Log
Mihawk/Marco
Usopp/Smoker

Replacing Alvida with Mihawk guarantees I'll kill Kaku within 2 turns, Lucci within 4.

I never really use marco/usopp/smoker's specials, but if I ever fuck up massively they'd grant me protection, and I don't have many viable attackers with specials that'd help me much more anyway.

Heng

I'm pretty bored of the current fortnight, there's really nothing that makes me want to farm it. A second Crocodile would be nice but his story mode doesn't have .5 stamina or x2 drop rate.
But the moment you get 2 copies of either there's really no benefit to it at all imho.
This is pretty much what I was thinking until I got another Kaku before Lucci... There's no way my bad luck would give me 3 Kaku before 1 Lucci... Right?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man finally finished the current Ranking stage - first try with Killer ddint work that well..and after that i had no more Killer friends in my list. So i switched to G3..worked out better but took me a couple attempt between orb trolling and own mistakes to clear it. Ended with 40 hits which was more less a perfect run from my side.

Used 2xG3, Doffy, 3 turtles.

chrono01

Oh wow. Needing to keep specific Captain up for people, when there's so many different pieces of content to run (raid, event islands, story missions, etc.) was a headache. Now I just need to make sure that 1-8 are good Captains. It'll also help for turtle time too, since I won't need to remember to put my appropriate Captain up (I sometimes forget :/). These are all great changes, and that 1000 Member Box space!

It'll be three years before Global receives it. ;_;

I really hope Global gets this update soon, but I know it's probably at least 6+ months away. That's a long time to wait. :(

IDK if it's separate from the new update, but Japan is also getting reworked old fortnights. I know they are adding pigs to them, but I'll be interested to see what else is tweaked (EXP, Droprates, etc...).

chrono01

IDK if it's separate from the new update, but Japan is also getting reworked old fortnights. I know they are adding pigs to them, but I'll be interested to see what else is tweaked (EXP, Droprates, etc...).
This is also nice to hear. Running older ones (for Alvida, GP Usopp skillbooks, etc.) is an exercise in patience. Balancing would definitely be appreciated.

Am I crazy to want to level up all my characters (about 200) to level 50? (And then maybe to 70?)

I sort of do that but only because I feed trash skill books to units up until they're level 50 since any level past that the beri to XP ratio is more than 1 to 1, not that beri has ever been an issue since I started farming raid bosses.

RedBoot

Am I crazy to want to level up all my characters (about 200) to level 50? (And then maybe to 70?)

Getting all your useful characters between 50-70 through normal gameplay is realistic, that's basically where I am.

I basically use tiers: 35, 50, 70, and max. The more useful the character, the higher I get them. You can get to 35 with fodder, 50 with a few turtles, 70 with some turtle time focus, and max with princess turtles. Level 70 is 1 million xp, which is a nice stopping point if the character doesn't need to be maxed (since that requires another 2-4 million, depending on rarity).

Legends and raid bosses max at 5 million instead of 3-4 mil though, so they throw off the math a bit. You're going to get raid bosses to 70ish while skill maxing anyway though.

Dawg

New sugo announcement.

No new characters, nothing really special... only a striker boost.

Gonna sit this one out for sure.

Hana-Bi

I sort of do that but only because I feed trash skill books to units up until they're level 50 since any level past that the beri to XP ratio is more than 1 to 1, not that beri has ever been an issue since I started farming raid bosses.

Yeah, I have over 26 million beri right now. So money isn't my problem either. :D

Getting all your useful characters between 50-70 through normal gameplay is realistic, that's basically where I am.

I basically use tiers: 35, 50, 70, and max. The more useful the character, the higher I get them. You can get to 35 with fodder, 50 with a few turtles, 70 with some turtle time focus, and max with princess turtles. Level 70 is 1 million xp, which is a nice stopping point if the character doesn't need to be maxed (since that requires another 2-4 million, depending on rarity).

Legends and raid bosses max at 5 million instead of 3-4 mil though, so they throw off the math a bit. You're going to get raid bosses to 70ish while skill maxing anyway though.

I have 25 characters at level 99.
38 between 70 and 98
102 between 69 and 50
35 under level 50.

Most of my most used characters (slasher/striker) are at level 90+. The new fortnight showed me that my fighters are lacking in that regard. :)

Kyou

Oh, I'm at the point where Rayleigh's training wont give me a guaranteed level

so much for my turtle time plans :(

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got the +1 lock I needed to complete PSY Bon Clay. Took 50 copies for that last socket alone, sheesh. I went with lock/orbs for him so now I'm ready for Zephyr/Aokiji this week... oh wait...

May do a few pulls through tomorrow/next day, would like a Mihawk or just not another duplicate of a legend. If anyone ends up trying their luck, all the best to you. With the content we have currently for the game, my remaining goal(s) for this week is... taking a break until Blackbeard! Looking forward to this next 72 hours of standing still.

I've pretty much abandoned the fortnight. The skill books aren't worth it unless you haven't maxed Jozu. Getting a 40% chance for a prisoner Mr. 2 to drop to use for a 20% chance for that drop to be a useful socket just doesn't seem worth it. Instead I've been using my stamina to farm miscellaneous story mode characters. Yesterday I got Braham to drop and today I got Chess and Kuromarimo and evolved them to Chessmarimo, which is wonderful now that all the fortnights that showered us with their skillbook are all over. : /

I'll probably farm Mr. 4 and Ms. Merry Christmas tomorrow since I think Alubarna is 2x drop.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I got a couple Jozu Books but mine is already max skilled...Desire sensor at work again.

Majukun

today I'm on an all sea pony diet.. gotta evolve tons of pigs and get rid of tons of baby turtles... too bad I have no one to use them all.. especially the green ones... hope to find someone decent in this sugo.. I would love to get a towel Nami and a law, even if the last one is not a striker nor int.

Bandai sure has some poor French translators. If it means I get a free gem every time they make a goof then, speaking as a non-french player, I am completely okay with it.

MiTYH

It's at this point I'm sad I haven't evolved Ivankov. I might be able to get it done before BB comes back, but it'd waste all my pigs/turtles I've saved.

That being said, what's a good team ivan-less? I've been thinking a Jozu/Jozu/Ace/Brook/Lucci/someone else team. I struggled with 40 last time, but my levels are much higher and specials on Brook is better, I might be able to get things done. Only thing lacking is anti-silence (despair), which would have been a huge help for this team

Majukun

It's at this point I'm sad I haven't evolved Ivankov. I might be able to get it done before BB comes back, but it'd waste all my pigs/turtles I've saved.

That being said, what's a good team ivan-less? I've been thinking a Jozu/Jozu/Ace/Brook/Lucci/someone else team. I struggled with 40 last time, but my levels are much higher and specials on Brook is better, I might be able to get things done. Only thing lacking is anti-silence (despair), which would have been a huge help for this team

last time my team was

jozu x2
lucci
kaku
prison croc
hw zoro

anyone wanna tap?

RedBoot

Yesterday I got Braham to drop and today I got Chess and Kuromarimo and evolved them to Chessmarimo, which is wonderful now that all the fortnights that showered us with their skillbook are all over. : /

You got Chess and Marimo during normal drop rates? I've been plugging away at Marimo for the last 4-5 Thursdays to no avail. He's been more elusive than any story character besides Mr. 3 (who I'm convinced has a 0.001% drop rate) and the major bosses (Croc/Enel).

I did manage to get my 2nd Croc this morning, finally. First one took around 55 tries (got it soon after the 50 clears achievement) and I suspect this second one went into the 100s. But at least now I can never run that stage again (or until we get Alubarna missions in about a decade).

That might have sapped my sugo luck though. If I can pull Moria, I'll be happy.

xrokis

Right, what's BB used for btw?

I saw he's used for Doflamingo raids, anything else? (on that note, Log Luffy's probably quite viable for doflamingo, isn't he?)

bb is basically a raidboss killer. you can clear heracles, doffy, and duval very fast.
he's a decent f2p captain for dex fortnights and has some niche uses on sw ace teams

Kyou

"Guess I'll spend the day farming Ms. merry christmas"
*drops on second run*
"...alright"

guess I got all of Alabasta done. Maybe I'll get some of the lame Jaya units now.

koryuken

New sugo announcement.

No new characters, nothing really special... only a striker boost.

Gonna sit this one out for sure.

Same, doing one pull per tradition. (I only do a single pull on crap Sugofests.) This tradition has resulted in multiple copies of Izo...

Gizuko

Jesus, do I hate rankings. Once I get bad orbs (as in, mismatching) I either skip turn and take damage or risk hitting <50k. And forget about healing with meat, since I run G3. And even if I do get meat and heal (missing a turn or a >50k hit) the heal is so lame it's not worth the pay-off. I even got 3 pirate penguins to boost rcv and it still heals for ~600.

/Rant

Sorry, I'm really mad Mihawk got 3 red orbs in a row, fudging my best attempt so far 3 - I had matching orbs 1 activated too, dammit.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
2 stamina bars wasted and not a single fucking jozu book.

I couldn't pinpoint which fodder his books drop from, unless it's from the Bon Clay/Bentham secret appearance which could be possible. But he also dropped beli and sometimes nothing. From all my runs, Jozu books felt more rare than X-Drake books. Conversely, I know you can get two X-Drake books in a single run, one from the secret Bon Clay/Bentham but that's a very low % while if the boss dropped a book, it was guaranteed.

I do want to say I averaged about 7-8 Jozu books per 30-35 runs.

Top Bottom