• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Spinx

Freeeeedooooom
5DESu2p.jpg

Mihawk's been really easy for me

just unleash everyone's specials, make sure you go in with a blue slasher with a matching orb. You should be able to do like 90-95% of his health in one turn, then you just eat two attacks and poke him as soon as his shield runs out.

I guess my mistake was to forget about my specials and just try to rush it. The G3 mentality is strong with me.

Freeeeedooooom
5DESu2p.jpg

Did we get, like, Knowledge or Tough in the last update? I could've sworn they mentioned new types but I haven't noticed either.

chrono01

Freeeeedooooom
5DESu2p.jpg
Oh man, this is sudden. O_O

Also, do you guys think it's worth including Doflamingo in my Aokiji team if he's still at 28 CD? I really don't see myself stalling that much, so I'm debating sticking another PSY unit in there or something.

I feel so unprepared. I wish I had better luck socketing my Impact Usopp. :(

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Also, do you guys think it's worth including Doflamingo in my Aokiji team if he's still at 28 CD? I really don't see myself stalling that much, so I'm debating sticking another PSY unit in there or something.

Same here - Doffy with too high of a CD is probably useless so i will try my luck Coby. Probably will do only the 40 stamina anyway..until i get the drop. Hope when he arrives the next time my Doffy is higher skilled.

Edit:

Well and my Sockets suck as well..lol.

Tidd

We just got a Sugo last week, didn't we? That's really unexpected. Well I won't have gems for this because I will use them all for Aokiji. I'm waiting for the next batch.

chrono01

Same here - Doffy with too high of a CD is probably useless so i will try my luck Coby. Probably will do only the 40 stamina anyway..until i get the drop. Hope when he arrives the next time my Doffy is higher skilled.
I was thinking of including Coby V2 instead, as well. Him + Impact Usopp should be good enough of a boost. Hopefully.

Same with Doflamingo. I regret not farming him last time he was around, but I'll change that when he returns. He's so valuable in a lot of teams, even more than I thought he would be.

cw_sasuke

I was thinking of including Coby V2 instead, as well. Him + Impact Usopp should be good enough of a boost. Hopefully.

Same with Doflamingo. I regret not farming him last time he was around, but I'll change that when he returns. He's so valuable in a lot of teams, even more than I thought he would be.

Yeah, i thought Doffy was just OP but turns out most challenges are designed with him in mind anyway. So max skilling him will be my No. 1 priority in the future.

At least we can max skill and socket him at the same time.

Yup - i hope Usopp + Coby is enough for 40stamina clears with G3.
We just got a Sugo last week, didn't we? That's really unexpected. Well I won't have gems for this because I will use them all for Aokiji. I'm waiting for the next batch.

Bamco going straight for our Gems.

Heng

Hmm... This batch looks pretty decent. Sabo would be nice, Ivankov is good, Koala and Hack are okay, and Inazuma looks like he's... meh. It also looks like it'll be in time for INT rate up so a slightly higher chance to pull Inthawk and Rayleigh. This Sugofest is tempting since I didn't get any of the characters from the WB alliance batch.

Maybe I'll use all my gems, but it would suck if Doffy was coming back and I don't have gems to farm him. Then again his skill isn't too far off from max and his sockets are almost done...

Edit: It hasn't been posted here yet but the Sugofest will be on March 6-8, another 48 hour Sugofest.

Majukun

how much I pull for this will depend on how much and how effectively I can farm Aokiji.. don't know if I'll have the time, but I would love to get the usual 50 copies.. but I'll probably set for 25 just like the first Doffy raid.

Gizuko

Can preemptives be blocked? As in, using Mirage Tempo Nami's esp the turn you beat the stage before Aokiji, in order to block Aokiji's preemptive.

I'm inclined to think they can't be blocked, since they add an extra turn to abilities' CDs, but can't find anything about it (whatever I Google only medicine-related results pop up).

Majukun

Can preemptives be blocked? As in, using Mirage Tempo Nami's esp the turn you beat the stage before Aokiji, in order to block Aokiji's preemptive.

I'm inclined to think they can't be blocked, since they add an extra turn to abilities' CDs, but can't find anything about it (whatever I Google only medicine-related results pop up).

no it can't

Majukun

What a shame. Thank you.

Oh, I thought the 80% hp reducer was preemptive as well. It was an example anyway, only used Aokiji because he is int and Nami came to mind first.

nami can stil be useful since she can block 100% of the -80% attack of aokiji...but alvida is usually used instead if maxed because if you don't have anti lock and anti despair,you are gonna need her skill for stage 3

RalchAC

So I was thinking of using this team...

Log Luffy / Log Luffy
Garp / Impact Usopp
Doflamingo / Mirage Tempo Nami.

The problem is that I only have 8 points in anti-lock and 5 at bind by myself. If my friend Luffy has sockets maxed, I will get 13 and 10. I guess it should be enough.

My idea would be something eating the first attack (the one that can't kill you), then use her before Aokiji's second attack.

My Doflamingo is at 23 CD. If I'm able to survive that long I should be able to defeat Aokiji quite easily.

Majukun

So I was thinking of using this team...

Log Luffy / Log Luffy
Garp / Impact Usopp
Doflamingo / Mirage Tempo Nami.

The problem is that I only have 8 points in anti-lock and 5 at bind by myself. If my friend Luffy has sockets maxed, I will get 13 and 10. I guess it should be enough.

My idea would be something eating the first attack (the one that can't kill you), then use her before Aokiji's second attack.

My Doflamingo is at 23 CD. If I'm able to survive that long I should be able to defeat Aokiji quite easily.

i think it's the very limit of how much you can stall on aokiji more or less

Gizuko

nami can stil be useful since she can block 100% of the -80% attack of aokiji...but alvida is usually used instead if maxed because if you don't have anti lock and anti despair,you are gonna need her skill for stage 3

I didn't farm Alvida durig her last fn, so both her CD and Kimono Nami's are at 15 turns.

Guess I'll fit Nami to help me reach a point where I can burst Aokiji down.

MiTYH

I've got Garp at 22 turns, but Doffy's stuck at 26 :(

Any thoughts on what team to make? Here are my notable units (forgive lack of screenshots):
PSY
- Garp, level 87 (1 bind, 1 despair socket)
- Evolved Marco, level 69
- Evolved Urouge, level 33
- GP Usopp, Max (4 despair, 3 bind socket)
- Impact Usopp, level 60
- Voyage Frank, level 36
- Princess Vivi, level 90
- Coby v2, Level 69
- Evolved Shanks, level 40
- Bon Clay, level 54 (2 despair socket)
- Rakuyo (unevolved, might be able to evolve him today with a pirate penguin), level 40
- Ryuma, Level 69
- Evolved Bonnery, level 40
- Evolved Enel, level 1
- Criminal Mr. 3, level 23

OTHER:
- Maxhawk, 3 despair socket
- G3, Max, max bind/despair
- Mirage Tempo Nami, max

Basically, if it's a story unit or Fortnight, I've pretty much got it. Lot of RR units, just no legends, and Psy hasn't been my strongest suit (Teams of garp/garp, Marco, Bon, Usopp, and Ryuma do well enough for me)

Got my Rakuyo evolved and up to Level 50 thanks to today's turtle time

So with Rakuyo, Impact Usopp, and those units I quoted, do I have a viable Burst team? Or maybe something paired with a friend legend?

Majukun

man i really hope i made my calculation correctly,i betted a lot of stamina in maxing my otherwise useless shanks :/

ah_hia

Is a SW shanks team viable with no sockets? I didn't get lucky with my despairs and binds unfortunately. I just maxed mine but if it wouldn't work then I have to find alternatives. I have all the needed people even rakuyo Lv 55

Majukun

Is a SW shanks team viable with no sockets? I didn't get lucky with my despairs and binds unfortunately. I just maxed mine but if it wouldn't work then I have to find alternatives. I have all the needed people even rakuyo Lv 55

it is for what i saw

Heng

Got my Rakuyo evolved and up to Level 50 thanks to today's turtle time

So with Rakuyo, Impact Usopp, and those units I quoted, do I have a viable Burst team? Or maybe something paired with a friend legend?
I would use:
G3/G3
Garp/Bon Clay
Mihawk/Impact Usopp (or Coby if you're more comfortable with him)

With this team, you'll have level 2 bind sockets and level 1 despair. The only problem is that you'll need to get at least 2 matching orbs before the 5th turn, and you'll barely have enough to finish him. The general strategy is:

Turn 1 - Attack normally
Turn 2 - Attack normally
Turn 3 - Attack normally, take the 80% health reduction
Turn 4 - Attack normally, bring him to 51% health and no lower.
Turn 5 - Use Mihawk special + Garp, Bon Clay, and Coby
Turn 6 - Finish him if you fail to do so on turn 5

Stalling will be your biggest issue here, you may have to hope for good RNG. I would suggest taking a hit from a penguin on stage 1 (it'll give you 2 extra turns), the lobster on stage 2 (4 turns if you don't kill it in 3 turns), 1 hit from the middle guy on stage 3, and keep the QCK/INT/DEX characters alive and they'll give you 2 turns. Even with the worst RNG, this stalling will give you 13 turns when you get to Aokiji and your specials will be ready by the time you need to burst him down.

Mixed2k

How hard is Long Ring Long Island story mode? I want to do it before sugofest to get 5 free gems, but I struggled a lot vs Enel (got a bit lucky with meat orbs on the boss stage, it allowed my to survive until his armor went down).
Hopefully it's like Jaya, that Bellamy was a complete joke.

At least I get 3 pulls, hopefully get something worth something....

Heng

How hard is Long Ring Long Island story mode? I want to do it before sugofest to get 5 free gems, but I struggled a lot vs Enel (got a bit lucky with meat orbs on the boss stage, it allowed my to survive until his armor went down).
Hopefully it's like Jaya, that Bellamy was a complete joke.

At least I get 3 pulls, hopefully get something worth something....
It's much easier than Enel, you might have trouble on the last stage if you are not prepared.

when?? my game says nothing about a new sugo.
March 6-8, it's on their Facebook actually.

cw_sasuke

My 40 stamina squad - this should work right ?

I also could bring regular Golden Pound instead of Impact. Also have Rakuyo but i dont think he will make a difference.

Reminder for anyone wanting to evolve Aokiji whilst farming for him tomorrow make sure you farm for a purple/black dragon today, they do not drop on his quests

I also could bring regular Golden Pound instead of Impact. Also have Rakuyo but i dont think he will make a difference.
Aokiji has a debuff protector for 999 turns, God Usopp will be useless. http://optc-guide.com/2015/05/05/decisive-battle-aokiji/

Heng

This team will also work for 60 stamina as well, just follow what I've posted for Miyth:

Turn 1 - Attack normally
Turn 2 - Attack normally
Turn 3 - Attack normally, take the 80% health reduction and take him to 51%
Turn 4 - Attack normally, this will cause him to enrage so try to get as much damage as you can.
Turn 5 - Use Garp, Bon Clay, Impact Usopp, and Coby and finish him off.
Except you have more than enough damage to kill him since you have the sockets and don't have to rely on Mihawk. If you want to make it even easier, you can try to get matching orbs before pushing him past 50% and use Coby 1 turn earlier than Garp/Bon Clay.

cw_sasuke

Reminder for anyone wanting to evolve Aokiji whilst farming for him tomorrow make sure you farm for a purple/black dragon today, they do not drop on his quests

Aokiji has a debuff protector for 999 turns, God Usopp will be useless. http://optc-guide.com/2015/05/05/decisive-battle-aokiji/
Alright thanks - i havent had time to look into it yet so Golden Pound is useless for this raid. Registered.

This team will also work for 60 stamina as well, just follow what I've posted for Miyth:

Except you have more than enough damage to kill him since you have the sockets and don't have to rely on Mihawk. If you want to make it even easier, you can try to get matching orbs before pushing him past 50% and use Coby 1 turn earlier than Garp/Bon Clay.
Damn...thanks, now i really have to look into this raid. I thought 60 stamina was possible without Doffy. Now lets see how tough the pre-boss stages will be.

Guess i will be able to get the clearing gem after all.

Gizuko

We need purple dragons for Aokiji and they don't drop from his raid?

Then that's why only yellow dragons appeared today, it all makes sense now (I know it's all RNG, but, come on).

koryuken

like it or not, I guess this is my Aoikiji team

0BLGYYR.png

I just need one for now, so we'll see.

Pair up with a WB friend (as a first hitter), and you might be able to do 60 STA. Keep WB special in mind for the 30% HP cut. Plug the damage into calculator to find out.

Kyou

Pair up with a WB friend (as a first hitter), and you might be able to do 60 STA. Keep WB special in mind for the 30% HP cut. Plug the damage into calculator to find out.
Hmm good idea.

I'm fine resigning myself to 40 stamina, I've got good luck there

Totakeke

How much armor and HP does an elder turtle have on turtle time? Trying to figure out if i can stop using the marine tandem team for a Sengoku led team.

Heng

How much armor and HP does an elder turtle have on turtle time? Trying to figure out if i can stop using the marine tandem team for a Sengoku led team.
One of my INT unit with 1350 attack can kill the elder without an orb and with x9 damage boost from both captains + 1.5x boost from the ship. The damage calculator also says they have 100,000 defense but I don't know how accurate that is. Sengoku should be fine if you have a unit with 1350+ attack with a matching orb, it's what I use on my Japan account.

Totakeke

One of my INT unit with 1350 attack can kill the elder without an orb and with x9 damage boost from both captains + 1.5x boost from the ship. The damage calculator also says they have 100,000 defense but I don't know how accurate that is. Sengoku should be fine if you have a unit with 1350+ attack with a matching orb, it's what I use on my Japan account.

Against a PSY turtle?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

28 is definitely too high. You'd be better off with Coby.

Try G3 / G3, Coby, Impact Usopp, Garp, and Mirage Tempo Nami. https://optc.github.io/damage/#/tra...263:99,223:70,306:99C1,10B0D0E21Q0L0G0R6S100H

ElChado

Neo Member
this is my time I can feel it

It would be incredibly appropriate if people without a legend got their first legend during the FREEDOM sugofest.

no it can't

The example of mirage tempo cannot, however if your damage reducer is longer than 1 turn you CAN reduce pre-emptives/first strikes.

I tried this with smoker before. Used him, cleared stage, took first strike, and his buff had only 1 turn left. so entering a new stage counts as a turn for buffs.

I'm gonna run one of three teams

a v1 shanks with legend shanks friend team with alvida for stage 3 and aokiji, and marco heal unless i find a better varient(without sockets as my bon clay didnt finish)

a double WB team with mr 3 for delay on stage 3

double g3 as i have all the sockets for that, and if i use garp for psy orbs instead of rakuyo i have guaranteed despair level 1 bind lvl 2.

I'm going to try them in that order. Since i'd rather not use G3 for 80 runs, and wb could get screwed on a stage 1 all 1 cd, or if i accidentally heal.

RedBoot

Chess just dropped a beli bag for two runs in a row...I know when I'm being mocked, Game. :(

Gotta save stamina for Aokiji, but I'll be back, you jerk.

Top Bottom