• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Hana-Bi

Yeah, won't farm him today. Aokiji itself isn't a problem. The mobs are... When you start a round and all cd are 1 and you mess up your timing with LL... Game Over.

Majukun

my shanks team is not as reliable as i thought it would be..apart from my mistakjes,you are way too depandant from food orbs to regain the health you have to sacrifice for stalling..if the game decides in 4 turns to give you no food orbs,you don't have enough power to pass stage 3..i did 60 stamina but it's not something that i can do consistently i think

there's a f2p half sengoku team on reddit..but it need an antilock that i don't have because my shitty luck made my found a single lock in 66 mihawks

it's disappointing because i really wanted to farm him...

screenshot_2016-03-04a6kjr.png

Woot. Took 3 40-stamina runs using 1 gem each but I got him. Let's see if I can actually farm him next time.

RedBoot

Yeah, I'm thinking that if you want a comfortable time here, you either need sockets or max skill Dofy (or both). I have neither, so I'll stick with 40 stamina. Got three copies so far.

Also managed to get Chess to drop last night, which I was almost more happy for than Aokiji. Not going to use all 37 of my Chessmarimo books yet, but I can justify 12 or so under normal skill-up chances.

Majukun

Yeah, I'm thinking that if you want a comfortable time here, you either need sockets or max skill Dofy (or both). I have neither, so I'll stick with 40 stamina. Got three copies so far.

Also managed to get Chess to drop last night, which I was almost more happy for than Aokiji. Not going to use all 37 of my Chessmarimo books yet, but I can justify 12 or so under normal skill-up chances.

well even with a maxxed doffy it's not confortable at all..i had this team

sw shanks
shanks
doffy
alvida
marco
impact usopp

you either burst him from REALLY close to 50% (and in that case you are not able to farm orbs),or you risk to not be able to burst him

the run i made it on 60 stamina i was able only because in the turn after the bursting (basically when he enrage but still gives you one turn) i had a matching orb on both sw shanks and shanks

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey

Yeah, I have both + Log Luffy for 3 minute runs. You just can't mess up!

Level 2 lock, level 2 despair, level 2 matching orbs, level 1 CD.

Heng

Yeah, I have both + Log Luffy for 3 minute runs. You just can't mess up!

Level 2 lock, level 2 despair, level 2 matching orbs, level 1 CD.
It's a really fast team, but it's nerve racking running this team... So far I've died 3 times; once on 40 stamina (despite clearing the 60 stamina 5 times prior to doing it...), 1 time to stage 2 when almost everything was on a 1 turn CD and messing up, and once on Aokiji when I hit a great on the third hit. I've spent 3 gems and I'm going to stop there. There's no raid that needs him max as of this moment so I don't want to max him out now.

pelicansurf

It's a really fast team, but it's nerve racking running this team... So far I've died 3 times; once on 40 stamina (despite clearing the 60 stamina 5 times prior to doing it...), 1 time to stage 2 when almost everything was on a 1 turn CD and messing up, and once on Aokiji when I hit a great on the third hit. I've spent 3 gems and I'm going to stop there. There's no raid that needs him max as of this moment so I don't want to max him out now.
Yeah, it really depends when you mess up. Messing up on turn 3 has brought in all of my deaths. I haven't died at Aokiji yet, since the only few flubs I've had here have been after Luffy Captain ability activates, leaving Aokiji at low health. Then Garp gives everyone yellow orbs and I clean him up.

Normally though, OHKO at 4.1 million damage. The numbers!

I hate this raid. I feel like I'm running a G3 team because there is absolutely no room for error and half the time I'm finding new and creative ways to die. For instance, forgetting to use Mr. 3 on wave 3 (twice), attacking the last remaining fodder in turn 4 with Doffy forgetting that he has a 5 hit combo thus putting me 1 turn short for Rayleigh's special when I need to activate my burst to kill Aokiji, starting the first round with the entire back row on a 1 turn cooldown and being unable to kill them in 1 turn due to bad orb luck, getting killed by the lobster because it spawned with a 2 turn cooldown and I didn't kill all the fodder in one turn. And the list goes on. I'm only 12 copies in and I'm already fed up with this.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I hate this raid. I feel like I'm running a G3 team because there is absolutely no room for error and half the time I'm finding new and creative ways to die. For instance, forgetting to use Mr. 3 on wave 3 (twice), attacking the last remaining fodder in turn 4 with Doffy forgetting that he has a 5 hit combo thus putting me 1 turn short for Rayleigh's special when I need to activate my burst to kill Aokiji, starting the first round with the entire back row on a 1 turn cooldown and being unable to kill them in 1 turn due to bad orb luck, getting killed by the lobster because it spawned with a 2 turn cooldown and I didn't kill all the fodder in one turn. And the list goes on. I'm only 12 copies in and I'm already fed up with this.
I used doffy's but forgot to use impact usopps special when bursting him down earlier. Doh

Kumo

Yeah I'm just going to wait until I can get a better team together before I really tackle this raid. It's just not consistent enough for me to be spending 60 stamina per run.

At least Aokiji isn't part of the cycle where you need him maxed in order to have a decent shot at farming the next raid boss. Well I say that but then as far as I know Bandai could decide to have Boa be the next raid in which case you would need Aokiji, not that anyone would be ready for her anyway.

Kyou

I'm pretty glad to have Aoikiji because the yellow turtle times made me realize how lacking I am in INT characters

GaimeGuy

GaimeGuy

I think we all are.

That, or our int units are way overlevelled compared to our others.

(I really do not understand why they don't have turtle times on a rotating 5 week schedule by color)

Spinx

Ok, I'll stop at 50 copies. I think I died 15 times. I got pretty good with my G3 once I switched from a tiny ass phone to a 7 inch tablet.

I hope all my bad luck goes to Blackbeard once we get super success.

Hisoka

Redeemed!

Did it yeah :D
So lvling Squard paid off. Team is actually reliable and would be even more so with sockets and faster cooldown (srsly Bamco, don't let us always wait months until some units get useable.. Lurking at you, Namule).

chrono01

I share in your misery, everyone. Aoikiji is rough.

It's not so much the man himself, but the mobs leading up to him. Getting a mob of em' with 1 turn counters as Log Luffy is frustrating. Also, this makes me realize just how important having a Level 2 lock is. In my earlier run, I damaged him to just over 50%, burst him down to just above 20% (didn't want to chance getting below 20% and insta-killed), and then then locked one of my members for two turns (knocked down to one thanks to socket). However, since I lost one member (and had bad luck with orbs on my units), I couldn't finish him off before he killed me. So I gemmed, got my drop, and am moving on.

I'll (hopefully) socket both Impact Usopp a Garp before Aokiji's return. I'd also love to skill0up/socket Doflamingo so I can use him in my team. Right now, he's my top priority.

Gizuko

Can't beat Aokiji lol

I'm thinking of giving it a last try later with a double squard team, because why not. If that doesn't work I'm giving up, not going to gem for stamina if I can't get it done.

Kyou

I share in your misery, everyone. Aoikiji is rough.

It's not so much the man himself, but the mobs leading up to him. Getting a mob of em' with 1 turn counters as Log Luffy is frustrating. Also, this makes me realize just how important having a Level 2 lock is. In my earlier run, I damaged him to just over 50%, burst him down to just above 20% (didn't want to chance getting below 20% and insta-killed), and then then locked one of my members for two turns (knocked down to one thanks to socket). However, since I lost one member (and had bad luck with orbs on my units), I couldn't finish him off before he killed me. So I gemmed, got my drop, and am moving on.

I'll (hopefully) socket both Impact Usopp a Garp before Aokiji's return. I'd also love to skill0up/socket Doflamingo so I can use him in my team. Right now, he's my top priority.
the run that I eventually got him to drop, I accidentally damaged him to over 50% and he locked Rakuyo. I nearly had a heart attack.

I managed to kill him but I'd bet it was three digits worth of damage.

chrono01

Can't beat Aokiji lol

I'm thinking of giving it a last try later with a double squard team, because why not. If that doesn't work I'm giving up, not going to gem for stamina if I can't get it done.
Good luck!

the run that I eventually got him to drop, I accidentally damaged him to over 50% and he locked Rakuyo. I nearly had a heart attack.

I managed to kill him but I'd bet it was three digits worth of damage.
Oh wow, that must have been stressful, haha. I'm glad to see you were successful, though.

Verelios

I used Impact Ussop and SW Shanks special, almost busted the bastard but he had 1% left. My fault, I didn't orb change Coby or Ussop, but such stringent timing sucks.

Also, I used Coby, Ussops and SW Shanks specials together. Do they stack?

chrono01

I used Impact Ussop and SW Shanks special, almost busted the bastard but he had 1% left. My fault, I didn't orb change Coby or Ussop, but such stringent timing sucks.

Also, I used Cory, Ussops and SW Shanks specials togrther. Do they stack?
Coby and Impact Usopp definitely stack, I'm not sure about SW Shanks.

Tidd

Also, I used Coby, Ussops and SW Shanks specials together. Do they stack?

SW shanks just reduces the enemies defense to 0 and won't give you a boost. And in Aokiji's case it won't work because he has a debuff protector for 99 turns and I doubt you stalled for that long. xP But yes all three do stack.

Dawg

I'm pretty glad to have Aoikiji because the yellow turtle times made me realize how lacking I am in INT characters

Exact opposite here. My INT team is the strongest team I have.

Vista, Nico Robin, Moria, Basil Hawkins and Curiel.

Not every character has a decent special, but they're all heavy hitters (except for robin) so fighting against a PSY enemy makes me feel like a god.

And PSY turtles with moria as leader (+ moria friend) make it the easiest turtle event for me. Not even elder ones can resist getting OHK'd.

Switching out Mr. 3 for GP Usopp has made a world of difference for my WB/Ray team. Even if the evolved marine spawns with a 1 turn cd on stage 1 and the lobster with a 2 turn cd on stage two, which is the bare minimum for both, I'll still reach 10 turns for stage 3 and that affords me the luxury of not having to worry about killing stage 3 in two turns especially if I have bad orbs and I won't have to worry about not having Rayleigh's special up in time for my burst turn against Aokiji. I'm finally getting into a farming groove and haven't lost a run since. *knock on wood*

koryuken

75 copies farmed. I'm waving the white flag.

I farmed 60 with a Sengoku team. Even speed running it was brutal lol... If i mobs had really low cooldowns on stages 1-2, and then I got bad orb luck on stage 3, it usually meant death. Not too bad though, I've only died like 6-7 times in 60ish runs. Going to stop here...got tired lol.

Jayhawk

Farmed a few copies after finding out what subs work best for me in a Sengoku team. Having no bind/silence sockets weren't an issue. I just needed to stall my way to make use of Sengoku's ATK boost from his special.

Goddamn was that rough. I farmed 40 copies, I would have liked more but I'll take what I can get. But I did learn a few things.

1. Apparently half of my friends list has Log Luffy. I have no idea when this happened.
2. Sometimes despite doing everything right due to bad orbs, low enemy cooldown, or a combination of both, you'll die and there won't be a damn thing you can do about it.
3. Having level 1 orb sockets might be the best thing you can do to prevent garbage like that from happening.
4. Somewhere along the line Sengoku secretly became the best raid boss speed farming captain.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
And Aokiji is now gone... nice work to those who got their singular unit, or stashed mass copies - hopefully they do the job when the time comes!

This raid was really interesting, I was surprised at the amount of defense all the mobs had and the requirement to consistently hit full combos. There was a considerable amount of manual targeting which made things really active. It felt like I was semi-working the entire time, as bad orbs popping up could hurt you or it was about making sure the combo chain with specific units was done effectively. The variety of turn counters the mobs showed up with was brutal, I'm sorry to anyone that had troubles with that... in some ways this raid was very unforgiving with the lead up to the boss fight. If it wasn't the lock/silence, them hitting like tanks didn't help either.

Initially I was going to try for the skill max/max sockets on the spot, but after going 4/57 for skill ups (but 5/5 lock and silence, 1/5 cd) on my first batch of copies, I didn't like the vibe so I changed my approach. Grabbed another +100 copies to hold onto for hopefully a skill up event this month sometime.

The new class update for freedom units made me think maintenance had to be done, so I was thinking box upgrade and sure enough we got the 500 -> 600, so that'll give plenty of room as well.

Somewhere along the line Sengoku secretly became the best raid boss speed farming captain.

It's the -4 cooldown, it's completely broken with skill maxed units. The Sengoku team I was running, full PSY (2x Goku, Impact Usopp, Bon Clay, Coby and Garp) you didn't have to stall at all. It had the total run right around the 2:00 minute mark or so.

Coby being buffed as the 5th hitter was key (versus a Doffy sub), as it allowed the team to mow along quickly. The only damage you took was on 4 because you can't manually target away from the INT marine fast enough (technically you could, but the game mechanic never registered my switch even though it succeeded!). Outside of bad orbs which may have slowed the run by +1-2 turns due to not clearing a Stage in one shot. If you had Lv2 lock and Lv1 silence in that team, you were out in 7-8 turns because of the 3x pre-emptives. Worst case you had to tank the 80% hit from Aokiji if you didn't do enough chip damage.

Having used Sengoku now on both Mihawk and Garp previous to this, he's a real saving grace for time and just doing the work.

pelicansurf

Damn, good going, Lucy. Pretty beast. What was at least good about my LL team was that bad orbs didn't matter. 3 of 6 characters were going to do no damage and the boost meant anything I hit was dead.

There was a lot of manual targeting which kept things exciting. Congrats to all who got him.

Majukun

I basically got 2 and call it a day, didn't had the time and the reliability of the team to farm Aokiji and it's a shame because I started the day with the firm intention to do so.

Tidd

Could we have more Japan hype in here??? The next Japan event is even interesting for us because the Halloween fortnight will get a rerun! So it's possible we could get them soon, too. I would be so hyped. Straw hats sockets + whitebeard books!!! That's 828282times better than Kraken!

And Japan gets a Kizaru raidboss this month!!!

JUST READ MORE ABOUT JAPAN: they are getting a item which gives 5million exp????? And they get 4 of these. Holy shit! I hope the translation is correct. xP

Back to global.
Managed to farm 60 copies of Aokiji. And I really liked him! I never got bored at a run because you have to pay attention on each stage and hit more or less every perfect. A double SW Shanks team with the higher chance for psy orbs is awesome! My team needed at least 2 matching orbs to clear stage 3 without a problem but it never felt like RNG. You have enough time to get them during the previous rounds. (you most likely will get them in one round) Of course I died a lot compared to other raidbosses but it always felt like it was my fault because I wanted too much in a round, or was just stupid. Hope we will see Zephyr soon for another round of SW Shanks vs a int raidboss. :)
I'm out of gems for this sugo and I would rather expand my box space than pull. So this sugo can't tempt me! Your loss Bandai! Haha
Back to the boring Sadi fortnight. :(

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I don't play JP but i like watching the streams and holy shit Kizaru is really coming. This will be fun to watch haha.

CcwKrQ1UUAAxVEi.jpg

Tidd

I don't play JP but i like watching the streams and holy shit Kizaru is really coming. This will be fun to watch haha.

CcwKrQ1UUAAxVEi.jpg

Tbh i don't play Japan neither. I have an account and log in daily and do fortnights here and there (Maybe a raidboss) but I'm too lazy to manage two accounts with the same dedication as my global one.
But it's always great so see which content will be released. And how difficult new content is or what abilities and skill new characters have.

Top Bottom