• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Dem stats!

5K8wfl2l.jpg

Aha.
Ahahaha.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Hahahahahaha Sabaody Archipelago drops a Celestial Dragon who is a 6* character with 99 cost. So there is your legend for everyone who didn't pull one so far. ;)

Guess this will be my 2nd Legend Unit after the Princess Turtle.

Gizuko

I was thinking I could use this team against Garp this time around:

Has fairly high attack and burst, but my Mihawk has a 30-turn CD and I think I have 1 maxlvl inthawk friend, 3-4 lvl ~70 friends, and lastly a couple lvl 50 friends, so it isn't really reliable. Also, Daz could use a couple more levels but I doubt I can get him there.

Is there anything I should change?

I was also thinking of using a Vista team, but I don't have Robin so I might lack firepower. Do those teams work without her?

Ugh, I really want to try farming some Garp copies (not many, since I don't have enough space thanks to the tomes I'm holding onto) but I have 0 confidence. I just know Daz's level is going to bring down the slasher team.

Tidd

I don't even know if I finished socketing my garp the last time he wasaround. I guess I should check it out. But then I guess it's better to socket Croc since his fortnight won't be around as often as the garp raid

Hope we get the new event tonight and the announcement that we will skip Domino fortnight in favour for the young buggy/shanks one. :)

Majukun

I was thinking I could use this team against Garp this time around:

Has fairly high attack and burst, but my Mihawk has a 30-turn CD and I think I have 1 maxlvl inthawk friend, 3-4 lvl ~70 friends, and lastly a couple lvl 50 friends, so it isn't really reliable. Also, Daz could use a couple more levels but I doubt I can get him there.

Is there anything I should change?

I was also thinking of using a Vista team, but I don't have Robin so I might lack firepower. Do those teams work without her?

Ugh, I really want to try farming some Garp copies (not many, since I don't have enough space thanks to the tomes I'm holding onto) but I have 0 confidence. I just know Daz's level is going to bring down the slasher team.
you should be OK.. but better a double raid mihawk I think.. inthawk works better with bosses with higher hp than garp

Heng

I don't even know if I finished socketing my garp the last time he wasaround. I guess I should check it out. But then I guess it's better to socket Croc since his fortnight won't be around as often as the garp raid

Hope we get the new event tonight and the announcement that we will skip Domino fortnight in favour for the young buggy/shanks one. :)
This is true, but Crocodile is dropping once every 4 runs for me. I'd rather get Garp done since he's guaranteed lol.

Gizuko

you should be OK.. but better a double raid mihawk I think.. inthawk works better with bosses with higher hp than garp

I thought it would be the other way around, tbh. I'll go with raidhawk then, I believe I have a couple of maxed ones among my friends.

Majukun

I thought it would be the other way around, tbh. I'll go with raidhawk then, I believe I have a couple of maxed ones among my friends.

well first thing first you are not gonna be able to sue his special in time really..you barely have enough stalling potential to charge a max mihawk skill..and inthawk maxes at 19 and skillbooks are not yet on global

if you were able to use it on the seond turn of the boss,it would actually do more damage of a 2x raid mihawk special ,but if you have to wait even a turn more,then you are "stuck" with the normal damage and all in all you should deal a little less

you do more damage if you makes perfects and because it's an int character against a psy though

all in all you should be ok either way,garp is a boss you can just bruteforce yur way through...

my team will be the usual

2x mihawk
vista
croco
helmeppo
mr 1 prison

i need 3 anti despair sockets...i suspect i'm the one that is gonna despair :(

chrono01

Am I the only one that still runs a double Nami team for Garp? :)

Need four bind socket points...
I ran her last time, IIRC, but this ttime I'll be trying out Log Luffy.

Log Luffy/Log Luffy
Towel Nami (to help with INT orbs)
Robin
Coby V2
Hina

Farm whatever orbs I can, lock them in with Hina, activate Coby V2/Robin, and hopefully burst him down. I was thinking of maybe substituting Hina for another INT hard-hitter, but I'm not sure.

Kyou

are there any must haves for Garp? I can't remember. The team I put together right now is just double Rayleigh and my four strongest INT guys

RedBoot

are there any must haves for Garp? I can't remember. The team I put together right now is just double Rayleigh and my four strongest INT guys

Not really. At this point, it basically comes down to whether you can beat him before his main attack. If so, load up on attackers. If not, bring a damage reducer or two (Perona/Alvida/etc).

Double Mihawk, 3 INT Slashers, and Perona is total easy mode.

Gizuko

well first thing first you are not gonna be able to sue his special in time really..you barely have enough stalling potential to charge a max mihawk skill..and inthawk maxes at 19 and skillbooks are not yet on global

if you were able to use it on the seond turn of the boss,it would actually do more damage of a 2x raid mihawk special ,but if you have to wait even a turn more,then you are "stuck" with the normal damage and all in all you should deal a little less

you do more damage if you makes perfects and because it's an int character against a psy though

all in all you should be ok either way,garp is a boss you can just bruteforce yur way through...

my team will be the usual

2x mihawk
vista
croco
helmeppo
mr 1 prison

i need 3 anti despair sockets...i suspect i'm the one that is gonna despair :(

Ooooh, this makes sense, I actually didn't factor inthawk's CD in.

Thank you very much!

Heng

I ran her last time, IIRC, but this ttime I'll be trying out Log Luffy.

Log Luffy/Log Luffy
Towel Nami (to help with INT orbs)
Robin
Coby V2
Hina

Farm whatever orbs I can, lock them in with Hina, activate Coby V2/Robin, and hopefully burst him down. I was thinking of maybe substituting Hina for another INT hard-hitter, but I'm not sure.
This is similar to the team I used last time. Robin's CD is enough to beat Garp alone although if you have her CD ready, then the others should be ready as well.

Kyou

Not really. At this point, it basically comes down to whether you can beat him before his main attack. If so, load up on attackers. If not, bring a damage reducer or two (Perona/Alvida/etc).

Double Mihawk, 3 INT Slashers, and Perona is total easy mode.

I'll probably throw in Valentines Perona for safety and make up a mihawk team for backup teams.

Not planning to go insane but maybe I'll try for like 20 garps or so

Mixed2k

Gonna give this team a try, if it doesn't work oh well, I'll zombie him. Honestly he doesn't seem too important for me yet so whatever.
http://optc.github.io/damage/#/tran...,221:55,408:80,457:50C1,10B0D0E0Q0L0G0R0S100H

The "problem" I have is that Aisa is at 21 turns CD, I believe I have to take a hit on the 1st stage to make it work, but with 1.5k RCV it shouldn't be much of a problem to get the hp back.

Anyways guys I'm really disappointed with 15 stam Croc fortnight. 2 days worth of stamina and only 4 drops. I think I'll get 1 more and go back and do 30 stam sadi for the croc books instead. It's quite sad because so far there are some nice mr1 and doublefinger books there, but these characters already have low cds to begin with.

Totakeke

1. Does super success up and skill rate up events alternate? If they do, It might be another 2-3 months before we see another skill rate up?

2. Are we expecting another Sugofest before PSY rate up ends? Do they ever not have one on a particular rate up period?

GaimeGuy

Can't decide on Lock/Silence/Orbs/Auto-Heal, Lock/Silence/Orbs/CD, or something crazy like Silence/Orbs/CD/Poison for Slasherdile, and having terrible luck, too.

Probably going to do Lock/Silence/Orbs/Auto-Heal

koryuken

Can't decide on Lock/Silence/Orbs/Auto-Heal, Lock/Silence/Orbs/CD, or something crazy like Silence/Orbs/CD/Poison for Slasherdile, and having terrible luck, too.

Probably going to do Lock/Silence/Orbs/Auto-Heal

Lock, Silence, CD, Orbs by far. Auto-heal works against many characters. What if you end up pulling WB or Legend Croc?

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Lock, Silence, CD, Orbs by far. Auto-heal works against many characters. What if you end up pulling WB or Legend Croc?
Well he wouldn't have to worry about heal with legend croc (can't use both on the same team).

Robin + Doffy/Coby would be must haves for a 1 turn kill.

Kyou

Robin + Doffy/Coby would be must haves for a 1 turn kill.

I just tried running Ray/Ray, Slash Croc, V. Perona, Log Nami and Robin. Fucked up on some stalling but I'm hoping that's enough to fuck his shit up

I also forgot that he hits every turn and thought I only had to worry about him finishing counting down

Heng

Shanks and Buggy fortnight coming up, great opportunity for those with SW Shanks. Hina is coming back with a new rank mission: score determined by crew line up and battle result. Sounds fun.

RedBoot

Shanks and Buggy fortnight coming up, great opportunity for those with SW Shanks.

Yeah, I guess they wanted to space out the Impel Down fortnights a bit. I was actually okay with the idea of Domino next week since it would let me focus on the reruns for slots. With Shanks/Buggy, I'll probably do that on the first week and focus on the Afro Luffy rerun on the second week.

Also, I haven't checked to be sure, but I think we've had a near-constant source of Chessmarimo books for a few months straight now. I should stop hoarding them for a skill event and just try to max him normally.

Totakeke

Finally an instance where Buggy is better than Shanks.

I saw apprentice Buggy being used in a Sengoku team against Garp at gamewith's guide. So I guess he's worth farming.

GaimeGuy

15 garps.
0 new skill ups.
0 new points for bind/despair...

My skill luck with garp has been horrible. I've legitimately used about 85 Garps, with 65 of them being during skill up events, and I still have 8 skill levels to go.

GaimeGuy

Also: My S5 doesn't really hold a charge anymore, and it seems like it only charges when you have it at a certain angle with the micro usb attached. even when plugged in, it pretty much loses charge unless you have it off or in ultra power saving mode and set aside.

So, I decided to play OPTC a bit on Nox tonight, while it was charging. And for some stupid reason I checked that I did not want to sync my apps and settings when logging into google play. The result? I lost all my team configurations, all my messages, and every "favorite" designation for characters in my box.

Oops. :p

chrono01

Shanks and Buggy fortnight coming up, great opportunity for those with SW Shanks. Hina is coming back with a new rank mission: score determined by crew line up and battle result. Sounds fun.
I'm going to farm the hell out of this fortnight. I need my SW Shank sockets!

Gizuko

Whoa!

Time to farm all the Shanks!

Totakeke

Beat my first raid boss without gemming, yay.

Though I did had to waste a few learning the fight... Not realizing that healing too much would kill me on turn four and then that if I gemmed and recovered full HP then I would die to the 18k hit before I could get into 30% zone. And then realizing that I actually could have if I used Squard's ability to cut 30% of my own HP after taking the first three Garp hits. So many mistakes. :( At least the last run was perfect.

fiZN42A.png

This is definitely the most lenient team among the ones so far. Even with 3 INT orbs you can still OTKO without hitting full perfect. Might be able to OTKO with just 2 INT orbs too. On the other hand there's only one single WB on my friend's list active right now. :/

So Squard's 30% HP cut ended up being much more useful than I thought fpr low HP teams like these but not so useful for Garp since he gets locked in stage 4.

Heng

Beat my first raid boss without gemming, yay.

So Squard's 30% HP cut ended up being much more useful than I thought fpr low HP teams like these but not so useful for Garp since he gets locked in stage 4.
Are you killing Coby and the other guy in 1 turn? If you are, don't. Leave Coby alive because he won't attack you and will only power himself up, which gives you an extra turn to stall and free your chained units.

Also I'll leave my WB up throughout the event since my LL is pretty pathetic. And congrats on your first raid boss without gemming. :)

Kyou

okay I got my Rayray team to work and hilariously the answer was the flying going merry

that sliiiight increase in healing allows me to stall way longer

Majukun

usual good start socketing garp, 14 used, ZERO anti despair
basically I have to throw away all my gems for socketing one guy aren't I...

Gizuko

Failed miserably with slashers (can't hit perfects with daz, it breaks the rythm the rest of the team has) so went double Vista and did it! No more zombie teams for Garp!!

Totakeke

Are you killing Coby and the other guy in 1 turn? If you are, don't. Leave Coby alive because he won't attack you and will only power himself up, which gives you an extra turn to stall and free your chained units.

Also I'll leave my WB up throughout the event since my LL is pretty pathetic. And congrats on your first raid boss without gemming. :)

Nah, just that I didn't factor in enough damage to take out Coby on the second without any captain buffs. Just added you, only added Sengoku leads before.

I expected it to happen, but a double X-Drake team did leave me with a sliver of Garp health, because I missed a perfect. :p

I should add everyone else, but I need to clear out my friend's list first.

Failed miserably with slashers (can't hit perfects with daz, it breaks the rythm the rest of the team has) so went double Vista and did it! No more zombie teams for Garp!!

6* Rayleigh's sound effects always throws me off every single time when trying to hit perfect.

Mixed2k

Well I failed miserably with my Ray team. The 1st stage dude did way more damage than I thought he would, then i took a hit from the sea pony and that wasn't pretty either, in the end I couldn't even take a hit from Garp. The damage was good though, oh well next time I'll be ready. Got a copy with vivi/zoro at least, a useless copy, these raid bosses that are only good when maxed are so lamme.

Anyhow guys here's something that may sound wierd. When Mihawk raid comes up, do I use his copies to socket inthawk or do I try to get a max sp raidhawk ? Because raidhawks special is so damn strong and I could use him with other teams (ray). It will probably take a long ass time until we get inthawk skillbooks.
Socketing inthawk seems obviously the best long term choice, but he'll be just a 2.75 captain with good stats but no special for a while.

Totakeke

Well I failed miserably with my Ray team. The 1st stage dude did way more damage than I thought he would, then i took a hit from the sea pony and that wasn't pretty either, in the end I couldn't even take a hit from Garp. The damage was good though, oh well next time I'll be ready. Got a copy with vivi/zoro at least, a useless copy, these raid bosses that are only good when maxed are so lamme.

What's your Ray team again? You should be able to avoid all damage from the first four stages assuming you don't have to do any stalling except from Helmeppo's pre-emptive.

The damage numbers at the reddit guide are correct except for the turtle on stage 3 which I think does only 550, but I should reconfirm.
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/wiki/raidboss/garp

Garp is still useful as a PSY team lead, but yeah, he's not too useful for me running Sengoku as is.

bjork

I think I'm gonna go
Mihawk/Mihawk
Helmeppo/Whitey Bay
Perona/Vista

Don't have a slasher croc, but I think as long as I can stall out for Perona's special, it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm glad the young Buggy/Shanks event is coming. I can socket my original Shanks with whatever since I rarely use him, probably just the standard anti-lock/despair duo, but what about Buggy? For an orb changer, do you want to orb boost, or does that defeat the entire purpose?

Totakeke

I think I'm gonna go
Mihawk/Mihawk
Helmeppo/Whitey Bay
Perona/Vista

Don't have a slasher croc, but I think as long as I can stall out for Perona's special, it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm glad the young Buggy/Shanks event is coming. I can socket my original Shanks with whatever since I rarely use him, probably just the standard anti-lock/despair duo, but what about Buggy? For an orb changer, do you want to orb boost, or does that defeat the entire purpose?

Orb boost doesn't do anything for specials unless it randomizes orbs.

Hana-Bi

It's really frustrating when you need one socket type and you get 2-3 socket points for heal, cd, orb, ... when feeding 5 Garps. I'm still at 2 points in bind for my Garp.

All this time I've been tanking a hit from a marine in 2/5 from needing to hit the seahorse twice in the beginning of the chain, when I could've just hit it last and clear the stage in 1 turn.

Top Bottom