• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
When I usually use slasher Crocodile, I usually have Doflamingo in the party as well. I have matching orbs on him anyways and I don't believe it's worth the 5 slots to increase the chance by 3%. Not to mention he also has his special which can switch 2 units to have matching orb.

That makes sense. Didnt' know you already had matching orbs on doffy

Kumo

New sugofest announced with boosted DEX characters. Probably not pulling at all though since the boosted characters don't interest me (would love to get Koala though!) and I'm going to need gems for Doffy/Eneru/upgrading my box.

RedBoot

New sugofest announced with boosted DEX characters. Probably not pulling at all though since the boosted characters don't interest me (would love to get Koala though!) and I'm going to need gems for Doffy/Eneru/upgrading my box.

Yeah, I'm missing Koala, Log Sanji, and Izo (who has somehow eluded me all this time) from the boosted list. I'd like all three of them, but I suspect I'll just end up with a ton of Log Brooks and Lion Songs. And Choos, for good measure. Cool that we have "double" boosted types though (DEX and PSY). I can't not pull during a sugo, but I'll probably keep it to around two pulls.

Thought it would be a Shooter sugo since Ace is on the banner though. I guess we might still see that before the next new units.

Totakeke

DEX up with PSY up? Ew. I really wanted to pull for PSY silver posters so it could be have been a lot better.

There's really nothing I want from the boosted list except maybe Law...

Heng

zGdzKXy.jpg
10 gems tomorrow :O Just in time for the clash!

Majukun

I was convinced to skip this Sugofest... but I also really need law and have very little of the guys with double boost... are we sure that the image on the Facebook thing is not a trick? seems awfully easy

bjork

400-day login bonus of 10 gems, just in time for all this stuff that's coming up. Still working on a full character log, but I have been sidetracked on fortnights the last two weeks. According to my log, I have 79 empty spots:

41 from RRs I don't have or only pulled the evolved forms
8 I need to evolve
7 we don't have yet (3 R/B/G princess turtle, young shanks/buggy)
23 I need to farm (and evolve if needed)

So aside from having horrible luck with the limited time RRs (I only pulled 5* Kid Ace and 5* Xmas Law during those events, and zero VD or Sakura ones), I'm getting there.

Recently, I made a JP account for the app store and have been sidetracked playing Crows X Worst V, which is basically OPTC but with delinquent dudes punching each other:
It has been taking me away from OPTC, but it's Crows is the probably the only property I like more than OP, so even with the language barrier, I'm totally loving it. :)

Totakeke

How does the game pick which specific evolution material to use during evolution? Could it be possible that it picks the evolution material with cotton candy on it?

Totakeke

If you favorite them they shouldn't be used.

I don't remember the exact scenario but one time I had two rainbow dragons and I needed to evolve Sengoku. One was under favorite (or in my team) and I had to remove it before I could evolve Sengoku. It ended up picking the newer one but I have no idea if that's consistent.

bjork

I don't remember the exact scenario but one time I had two rainbow dragons and I needed to evolve Sengoku. One was under favorite (or in my team) and I had to remove it before I could evolve Sengoku. It ended up picking the newer one but I have no idea if that's consistent.

Maybe a glitch or something? I haven't encountered that so far.

Majukun

so..i'm pretty much ready for all the bosses of this clash,including enel,at least in theory...whenever i pull or not in this sugofest it will depend on how many gems i have to waste on socketing mihawk and doffy...the first still gives me nightmare with only 1 lock socket got with 66 copies and still 4 to go..doflamingo only need a despair one..but it might took anywhere from 1 to 20 gems...

i might avoid ivankov if the first two bosses are too expensive...still need 1 despair and 2 cooldown for him

bjork

I'm only going to go for Mihawk and possibly a couple of Dofla copies, depending on what team I can put together. I need one more lock for raid Mihawk, and then I need to socket legend Mihawk, so I know I'll spend some gems there. Maybe in for 2-3 pulls on the sugo, but maybe not.

Got my 50-run title for Croc in Alubarna, still hunting that second copy so I can make slasher croc. Even with two encounters, he is holding out on me. That first drop was a fluke, way back when. It had to be.

I know I can take down Doflamingo with my LOG luffy team, as it should be significantly more reliable than the G3 team I beat Doffy with in the past.

Enel ... I'll have to look into that, my Doflamingo is far from fully skilled up.

bjork

Someone let me know if I'm on the right train of thought here: as far as maxing raid bosses goes, the general idea is to pick one and suffer through however long it takes and however many gems it takes, and then this unit can lead a team to take out the raid boss that they're weak to, right? So like

Max Garp > form team to max Aokiji, or vice versa

Max Dofla > form team for Enel/Iva > form team for BB

and then Mihawk is the outlier since his is more about being a slasher than a dex unit. Right?

Majukun

Someone let me know if I'm on the right train of thought here: as far as maxing raid bosses goes, the general idea is to pick one and suffer through however long it takes and however many gems it takes, and then this unit can lead a team to take out the raid boss that they're weak to, right? So like

and then Mihawk is the outlier since his is more about being a slasher than a dex unit. Right?

not really..maxed garp is useful against aokiji,but without proper socketing you are not gonna go far with him

of course raid boses are supposed to be good units ,thus you will often find them in teams made to do other raid bosses,but it's not really a rule set in stone

bjork

Hm. I kinda feel bad for not having any of these dudes socketed and leveled up, but Garp and Mihawk are the only two I can clear reliably every time.

Majukun

Hm. I kinda feel bad for not having any of these dudes socketed and leveled up, but Garp and Mihawk are the only two I can clear reliably every time.

well sockets are really necessary only for aokiji..they help a lot against blackbeard but that's it

skills on the other hand are more important...what box do you have?maybe there's a team for some of the raid bosses in this clash hidden somewhere

Mixed2k

Don't take my advice for granted because I'm only playing for a month, but I think it goes more like this:
1st priority: MAXED (17 turns) Mihawk
Then you have some options depending on your box I guess.
With mihawks you can at least get 1 Enel, and as far as I know Enel can beat BB because you can stall forever when he's above 50% hp
Monster Chopper + Mihawk sub + others can beat doffy
or
BB + Marco + subs also beat doffy pretty easily

Then with a maxed doffy (and raidhawk) I believe the world is yours and you can do whatever you want, he's really broken IMO (amazing stats, amazing boost AND he even switches orbs).

All this talk and I'm skipping Mihawk to socket INThawk, feels bad man, or feels good? I'm still not sure.

bjork

well sockets are really necessary only for aokiji..they help a lot against blackbeard but that's it

skills on the other hand are more important...what box do you have?maybe there's a team for some of the raid bosses in this clash hidden somewhere

The lack of skill ups and levels are what is holding me back. But I think I might go like so:

For Doflamingo:

Mihawk/Mihawk
Arlong/Jozu
GP Usopp/Perona

Perona, GP, Mihawk all max skilled. Everyone max level except Jozu. But I ran this last time and had nothing but trouble. I could swap out Mihawks for G3s and put Mihawk in place of Jozu, I guess.

For Enel:
Doflamingo/Doflamingo
Mihawk/Law
Miss Doublefinger/GP Usopp

Law is only level 57 with a skill level of 2, Doublefinger is 37 with a skill of 1, and Doflamingo is level 40 with a skill of two. So I'd look for a skill maxed friend captain, I guess.

Haven't had good luck with the lower-stamina raid tiers, so far as drops go. But I feel like I need to soup these dudes up to make it work reliably.

RedBoot

This does work to some extent, though there's no planned Megaman-esque boss order to it. But I wanted to go Iva -> BB -> Dofy -> Enel. Iva was actually a huge help against BB, though he's by no means required for it. I haven't been able to feed my BB copies yet, so I won't be able to use him on Dofy, but I think I can manage some other teams instead. Dofy will definitely be helpful for Enel, but Dofy is helpful basically everywhere.

But there's lots of ways to beat the raid bosses, at least until you get to the upper tiers of Enel and Aokiji. Your approach will vary depending on your RRs and sockets.

Heng

If you can consistently farm Doflamingo, I'd say he takes priority since his special makes him valuable in almost every team. What legends do you have? Maybe I could help you with a team composition.

Majukun

The lack of skill ups and levels are what is holding me back. But I think I might go like so:

For Doflamingo:

Mihawk/Mihawk
Arlong/Jozu
GP Usopp/Perona

Perona, GP, Mihawk all max skilled. Everyone max level except Jozu. But I ran this last time and had nothing but trouble. I could swap out Mihawks for G3s and put Mihawk in place of Jozu, I guess.

For Enel:
Doflamingo/Doflamingo
Mihawk/Law
Miss Doublefinger/GP Usopp

Law is only level 57 with a skill level of 2, Doublefinger is 37 with a skill of 1, and Doflamingo is level 40 with a skill of two. So I'd look for a skill maxed friend captain, I guess.

Haven't had good luck with the lower-stamina raid tiers, so far as drops go. But I feel like I need to soup these dudes up to make it work reliably.

do you have monster chopper?
if yes you can run this against doffy

2x monster chopper
jozu
arlong/blamenco/kid
gp usopp
mihawk

it's a very easy team,and while the success rate increases with something like a leveled up MC skill or using blamenco instead of arlong,you might still get a decent win ratio if your characters are of an high enough level

bjork

My monster chopper is like level 44 with a skill of 4.

I might give that team a go. Eventually I will get there, but I think I was envisioning it as RedBoot mentioned, like Mega Man, heh.

Hana-Bi

Wow, my turtle time today was bizarre. My first run took like 4-5 minutes. Missed quite often since I'm not used to Thatch and Enel and had a secret elder turtle with bad orbs. And since I don't have Thatch myself the runs took a bit longer. So I only managed 18 runs but I got 13 elders, so thats really good. :) My WB needs those turtles and he needs a special up event.

I hate sockets. I really do. I think I liked the game more before sockets but I'm not going to let it stop me from playing. Skill-ups are one thing but sockets are such an RNG crapshoot, I can't help but feel like the game is rigged against me.

That being said, I've been gemming for Croc sockets. Well that and Blamenco skill books since I finally pulled him in the last sugo and the only other drop location for the books are Kalifa and the only reason I would need to run that stage again would be to socket CP9 RR Kalifa and that is a big if and when, even if the book drop rate is miles better than it is on Croc's stage which might be a drop rate even worse than Croc himself. Right now I'm 5/5 on CD, lock, and despair but only 2/5 on orb. I have 23 Blamenco books and I might just gem two more times to put me at 30 gems and save the rest for the raid bosses.

Luckily, my raid bosses are skill maxed, except for Doffy who is just 1 off so I don't need to worry about box space. Iva needs 1 despair socket to finish. Enel needs 1 CD, 2 lock, and 3 despair. And Doffy needs 2 CD. It seems like everyone else went with lock/despair for Doffy but I went with CD and lock since it seems more useful for him as a sub whereas despair would be more useful as a captain.

The only thing I'm contemplating is redoing my Mihawk socket. I have 5/5 lock but I didn't plan that, it's just what the game gave me. I would prefer cooldown but I don't know if it's worth going through the trouble.

RedBoot

Wow, my turtle time today was bizarre. My first run took like 4-5 minutes. Missed quite often since I'm not used to Thatch and Enel and had a secret elder turtle with bad orbs. And since I don't have Thatch myself the runs took a bit longer. So I only managed 18 runs but I got 13 elders, so thats really good. :) My WB needs those turtles and he needs a special up event.

Yeah, red turtles are kind of rough if you don't have Thatch. Ace needs to be super-high level before he can really put a dent into anything.

At least the green turtle time later this week will be easier. Monster Chopper, all day every day.

Kyou

I'm trying to decide how hard I'm going to grind on the raids that arent mihawk

I'm hoping 30 mihawks will get me up to max but I keep feeling like I'm going to need 70 or 80 to get those last 7 levels...

Doflamingo will depend on how I can fair against him. If I can take him down easy and fast I'll probably go nuts on him too.

Can't really get excited about Iva and I don't think I can handle farming Enel.

Hana-Bi

This time I'll focus on my Mihawk (needs 2 more cd sockets) and my second Doffy (needs 10 skill ups and is 2/1 for bind/despair) so I'll save 50 Doffys for the next skill up event.

And with that my box is full. So no Enel farming again. (Iva is max socket).

I farmed Doffy with a G3 team. This time I should be able to clear him easier with a LL team.

Heng

Man the last 15 Crocodiles gave me no useful sockets... What a pain.

Which raids so far have despair and which ones have locks?
MC has lock (level 1), Garp has lock (Coby stage, level 1), BB has Despair (level 1), and Aokiji has lock (level 2) and despair (level 1) on stage 3.

Most of the raids also has Elder Sea Horse + high defense units with low HP that will lock you as well but those could be easily avoided.

Totakeke

Man the last 15 Crocodiles gave me no useful sockets... What a pain.

MC has lock (level 1), Garp has lock (Coby stage, level 1), BB has Despair (level 1), and Aokiji has lock (level 2) and despair (level 1) on stage 3.

Most of the raids also has Elder Sea Horse + high defense units with low HP that will lock you as well but those could be easily avoided.

Thanks. Makes it a lot easier to plan.

Heng

Wow the Japanese version is having a Sugofest where if you spend 50 gems, you get 1 pull for free... I'm so glad I cleared 2 story arcs :D

Majukun

What team are you guys using for shanks and bagy?

I settled on

shanks
garp as friend captain
Mr 2
enel
gp usopp
ryuma

I know coby was probably better than enel for that slot, but I never used him and I wanted an excuse to do so and this fortnight fills the part

the alternative was the usual slasher team with Doffy e mihawk but I've already used them. way too many times but I might use it if the locks start giving me truble

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to try and run unusual suspects for the next two weeks.

I've got three teams in mind, mainly with the goal to avoid the 2.5x + 2x hybrid leads. My first team is a full INT team with Whitey Bay as the captain preferably paired with Nami, since both are 2.5x INT leads.

Second team are slashers with Christmas Law, he's a 2.5x boost so that'll pair well with any form of Mihawk out there. And lastly, for those with Boa captains, I'll have a SW Shanks PSY team setup. I don't know which team will be fastest, but I'm mainly looking for variety for this fortnight.

Absolutely skipping this Sugo, can't think of a worse rate up then they're offering. But realistically it's time to stop pulling for during single one they throw at us, personally speaking. I don't know if it's just me, but I find it absolutely ruthless they threw another one at us basically a week later. I know another one was expected but maaan. It's an odd thing to complain about, but given there is so much going on with multiple raids. It'll be heavy gem spending all around.

Anyway, good luck with drops to everyone the next couple weeks.

I have 27 copies of Daz Bones and I don't know if I want to save them to use on him for skill ups (he's at 20 and goes down to 17) or use them to socket Mr. 1.

And now I have just 2 orb sockets left needed for slasher croc. Do I keep going?

GaimeGuy

Mixed2k

Before I screw up, any advice on socketing inthawk ?
Bind and despair , but what about the other 2 ?
I was thinking matching orbs + cdr, but I see some ppl with autoheal on videos. I assumed matching orbs rank 1 is super desirable on slasher teams due the shitty orb manipulation.
If anyone is wondering he'll be the first attempt at socketing something, so I will use him as a base.

Awwww yiss, Croc is fully socketed! Used 1 more gem and got 3 drops in 3 runs and 2 of them gave me slot rate boost sockets. If only my raid boss farming gives me luck like that.

That's probably a year off but it's probably better to use them on Daz anyway. Daz's damage reduction might not be as good but that 2 turn 1.25x boost would be much more useful with all the skill ups I can get.

RedBoot

Didn't end up with nearly as many Crocs as I wanted. Single week reruns go by quicker than you'd expect. I guess I'll be waiting til future Prison Croc reruns and the eventual Kimono Croc (in like…eight months).

My ratio of Crocs to Mr. 1s in this fortnight was 3:1. I don't know if that's an unusually high appearance rate for Daz Bones, or a super low drop rate for Croc himself.

GaimeGuy

Didn't end up with nearly as many Crocs as I wanted. Single week reruns go by quicker than you'd expect. I guess I'll be waiting til future Prison Croc reruns and the eventual Kimono Croc (in like…eight months).

My ratio of Crocs to Mr. 1s in this fortnight was 3:1. I don't know if that's an unusually high appearance rate for Daz Bones, or a super low drop rate for Croc himself.

Croc has a very low drop rate.

Kyou

Croc has a very low drop rate.

I got a lot of soda off him ಠ_ಠ

all ready for Mihawk. So before I had 50 turn into 4 skill ups. Should I super over-farm him to make sure I get the last 7 levels I need or should I just hope my luck isn't as terrible this time

Totakeke

Trying to decide which STR units to level for Mihawk in the Sengoku team and none of them seem to be able to achieve reliable burst at a shorter CD that is around 15 turn CD or less. Don't really want to stall for Sengoku's special to farm, so so far this team seems like it but with the need to do consistent damage for four turns. Seems kinda iffy.

tr6ZM7R.png

Even stalling a bit longer for Blamenco or Squard is not consistent unless I bring in a special to take out stage 4, which then uses up too many slots.

Meh. Guess I'll go with just that then see if I need to stall for Sengoku's special.

Totakeke

Just got an idea. Here's an improvement... maybe?

4OCVUdo.png

Farm for a red orb on stage 2 or 3 for g2 luffy, then use ironfist to take out one of the stage 4 mobs so that saves the orb on luffy, and then koala fighter boost on mihawk...

Actually still about the same number of turns to KO Mihawk still since it's like 270k with no boost afterwards. Mmh.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Got Shanks and Buggy drops on my first 15 stamina attempt... I think I'm done with the stage. Don't need any of the skill books.

Top Bottom