• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Tidd

So shanks 100% appearance rate confirmed? ;)

Man, Moria books are dropping like some fodder unit books. Same amount as I have chessmarino books. XD

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
After quite a few runs, I want to say normal Shanks/Sengoku is probably the best dual captain team you can run with a full PSY team. Use GP over Impact, as the fodder can show up with 1 turn counters at the boss stage. Regardless of whatever team, you'll probably want a delayer. A full slasher team makes easy work of this fortnight as well, the coffin boat will give you more than enough HP.

There are a variety of boss encounters (I counted 4 total), Buggy will either:

- cut your HP by half
- lock your bottom left unit for 1 turn
- lock your bottom left unit for 2 turns
- turn all your orbs to bomb orbs

Then if he shows up with Shanks at the end, it gets pretty mean.

- buggy turns all your orbs to bomb
- shanks locks them for 2 turns

I can semi-confidentally say Shanks shows up at a 1/7 run rate *knock on wood*. I've had a couple 2x Shanks runs as well. If you don't have normal Shanks, pair fortnight Franky with Sengoku and it'll do the job too, just watch the HP requirement. Lv1 lock in your team will help for the boss encounter, Lv2 will block the 2 turn lock but you really don't need it.

ElChado

Neo Member
After quite a few runs, I want to say normal Shanks/Sengoku is probably the best dual captain team you can run with a full PSY team. Use GP over Impact, as the fodder can show up with 1 turn counters at the boss stage. Regardless of whatever team, you'll probably want a delayer. A full slasher team makes easy work of this fortnight as well, the coffin boat will give you more than enough HP.

There are a variety of boss encounters (I counted 4 total), Buggy will either:

- cut your HP by half
- lock your bottom left unit for 1 turn
- lock your bottom left unit for 2 turns
- turn all your orbs to bomb orbs

Then if he shows up with Shanks at the end, it gets pretty mean.

- buggy turns all your orbs to bomb
- shanks locks them for 2 turns

I can semi-confidentally say Shanks shows up at a 1/7 run rate *knock on wood*. I've had a couple 2x Shanks runs as well. If you don't have normal Shanks, pair fortnight Franky with Sengoku and it'll do the job too, just watch the HP requirement. Lv1 lock in your team will help for the boss encounter, Lv2 will block the 2 turn lock but you really don't need it.

He can also bind all your psy units for 1 turn so make sure if you run a full psy team you have level 1 bind at least, as well as make sure GPU is not your bottom left corner unit if you do not have bind level 2.

Also i haven't encountered the bomb orb one....but i did encounter one where he turned the orbs to BLOCK orbs.

Tidd

YES, after one gem my 2nd Shanks dropped and this time I got a bind socket! I will be so happy with every drop + good socket during the next two weeks. XD

bjork

Had Buggy show up on 5-stamina on stage 2, then Shanks showed up on stage 3, asking where Buggy went, then Buggy was of course on the final stage. Nice to knock both drops out in one go.

G3/G3/Asura Zoro/penguin x3 for 790k on the ranking.

Not sure how much time I'll get to play more today, so it's cool that these are done for now.

RedBoot

Man, Moria books are dropping like some fodder unit books. Same amount as I have chessmarino books. XD

Interesting. I haven't gotten any Moria books yet (mostly Chessmarimo, Satori, Giant), but if it's in a common/uncommon slot that's not too bad. I had Buggy drop a chest with a Shanks book in it, so I guess that's the "rare" book, which is kind of...yeah.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
He can also bind all your psy units for 1 turn so make sure if you run a full psy team you have level 1 bind at least, as well as make sure GPU is not your bottom left corner unit if you do not have bind level 2.

Also i haven't encountered the bomb orb one....but i did encounter one where he turned the orbs to BLOCK orbs.

My bad. I guess they're called block orbs? That's what I meant. I guess I should've said at least Lv1 lock is explicitly needed for a full PSY team too. Thanks for the corrections and point outs.

Interesting. I haven't gotten any Moria books yet (mostly Chessmarimo, Satori, Giant), but if it's in a common/uncommon slot that's not too bad. I had Buggy drop a chest with a Shanks book in it, so I guess that's the "rare" book, which is kind of...yeah.

I think I've drop 30/61 Moria books from runs thus far, definitely a welcome change for the new book given it's not dropping from the main fortnight unit exclusively like usual.

Tidd

I think I've drop 30/61 Moria books from runs thus far, definitely a welcome change for the new book given it's not dropping from the main fortnight unit exclusively like usual.

Yep that's my experience, too. I did I think 15runs today and got 9 so far. Much better than the Croc fortnight, where he could drop 4 diferent skill books.

Makes me wish I actually had Moria, lol.

I think he's the only 3x@fullhp captain I'm missing at the moment..

I might focus on Hina as this new fortnight literally has nothing I want. (basil hawkins books, lol..)

koryuken

Easiest F2p team for the Apprentice fortnight is a Garp psy team with Legend Shanks as friend captain. 30k hp and matching orbs for days. Literally impossible to lose.

I have been running a SW Ace shooter team with friend Rayleigh just for fun.

Majukun

Easiest F2p team for the Apprentice fortnight is a Garp psy team with Legend Shanks as friend captain. 30k hp and matching orbs for days. Literally impossible to lose.

I have been running a SW Ace shooter team with friend Rayleigh just for fun.
avoided that because of the boss version who locks psy characters

MiTYH

Running my INT Mihawk with Doffy friend, all slasher with Vista, Halloween Zoro, and Arlong. It's decent coverage, with Vista there when buggy pulls the no-KO for two turns. No Shanks yet out of four tries on 30 and one try on the others.

But I'm 0'd on stamina, stopping now to get me full at time for Mihawk raid. Fingers crossed for sweet sweet sockets on my INThawk!

EDIT: I lied, had enough stamina for one more 30 run. Got shanks to appear!

bjork

Should I keep apprentice shank or feed him to red hair shanks?

I don't know his abilities, but when considering his cost, his unevolved form works with a big top ship team, and his evolved form would work in a Sengoku team. I'm gonna keep one of each.

Mixed2k

I was thinking, maybe it's better that I just grab a couple copies of mihawk with regular stamina instead of gemming. My box is still really shitty and some more cabin boy cobys wouldn't hurt. I also need to upgrade my storage, I'm still at 325 boxes.
With 21 gems I should get 40ish maybe 50 hawks, and that isn't enough to max inthawk sockets fully (I think, I would have to be really lucky).

My 30-day box so far: http://imgur.com/a/f0Zgk
I got no clue what to do :(
In a twisted way, if I didn't have any legends I knew for sure to be on mihawks ass all day to max his special.
Welp !

bjork

Raid Mihawk is still worth the trouble even if you have legends, if for no other reason than his special. Works great as a captain or a sub when he's maxed. Plus you need the unevolved one for a mission, so there's that, too.

Mixed2k

Interestingly enough, I counted all the useful RR units that I don't have (exclusing legends) and they were only 17. 17 out of all the garbage, yeah I'll blow gems on inthawk, hopefully I can get something going and the next time I'll max his sockets.

chrono01

This is my setup, as well.

SW Shanks/Garp
Three high-attack PSY characters (Garp, Marco, Urogue)
GP Usopp

I don't even bother bringing Coby V2 anymore, as he's not needed. If Buggy does lock my team for one turn, I usually have the HP to tank the hit(s) (thanks to Garp) and then stall with GP Usopp and finish them off. If not, I'll use Marco to heal (provided I bothered to stall a bit in the earlier rounds, since he's max-skilled).

Mixed2k

Ewwwwwww, I just realized that I could do 40-stam doffy IF I had Alvida. I've been trying to get her since I started the acc and still nothing. Hopefully the next time he shows up I'll have her.
Do people farm doffy on 40 or 60 stam? Obviously the 100% chance is much better but doffy doesn't seem a boss that you can screw up much, it's 40% on 40 stam?
For reference, this is what I was thinking http://optc.github.io/damage/#/tran...:99,66:99,30:99,15:50C1,10B0D0E0Q0L0G0R0S100H
I should focus my time on leveling these guys.

Even if your team gets locked on the boss and attacked by the mob, so long as you have a turn delayer to use once the lock wears off, you should be able to kill the mob and Buggy in two turns. I've had my team locked, my HP cut by half, and attacked by some of the mob but still lived because I used GP the next turn. Lock sockets are nice for this fortnight but by no means necessary.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Ewwwwwww, I just realized that I could do 40-stam doffy IF I had Alvida. I've been trying to get her since I started the acc and still nothing. Hopefully the next time he shows up I'll have her.
Do people farm doffy on 40 or 60 stam? Obviously the 100% chance is much better but doffy doesn't seem a boss that you can screw up much, it's 40% on 40 stam?
For reference, this is what I was thinking http://optc.github.io/damage/#/tran...:99,66:99,30:99,15:50C1,10B0D0E0Q0L0G0R0S100H
I should focus my time on leveling these guys.

You can screw up plenty against Doffy.

Double G3, Jozu,, GPU (max special), Mihawk (max special), and one more heavy STR hitter (Arlong, Kidd, Chopper, Blackbeard).

You essentially have 4 turns to kill the left mihawk, and 7 turns to kill the right mihawk. Since you can stall, you should have 2 or 3 matching red orbs going into doffy, Cut both Doffys to 1.68 million HP with Mihawk's special. You do 650K damagae per turn with neutral orbs, 850-900K damage per turn with 1 matching red. Even if you screw up on one of your STR characters' perfects and only get a great, you do 500K neutral orb damage, 750K screwing up on a matching orb STR character (with the rest neutral).

Honestly, you can beat Doffy in 4 turns.

... now, Aokiji and Boa are different stories.

Mixed2k

I used the same slasher team from the last fort night on the buggy-shanks one. Easy pz.

Same, only did it once though. Used slasherdile as captain + friend inthawk. Helps to stall the 25 turns for inthawk special. I don't even have a psy slasher and it went without problems.

RedBoot

Huh, this one really is a low-interest sugo, huh?

Pull 1: Regular Sanji-ass Sanji
Pull 2: Evolved Urogue (dupe, and I'm pretty sure I've pulled Urogue 4-5 times now)

I might do one more pull in the morning, though it's more than this sugo deserves. I'm glad we got ten free gems just now.

I did one pull, since we got 10 free gems.
4* Three-Thousand Worlds Zoro ...
NtXx9vv.gif

Also, I forgot to bring GPU to my Mihawk team. He was left with a sliver of HP and killed me, because I miss timed one of my hits. Whoops.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
And dex rate up my ass. Made 6 pulls and no dex characters, lol.

That's the thing, it's not just a DEX rate up - it's also a PSY rate up. This is the baitest sugo they've ever run. Still sucks to hear you weren't able to grab anyone new.

YES!!!!!! LAST PULL I WANTED TO DO!!!! GIVE ME ZEPHYR BANDAI!!! PLEASE! DO IT! I NEED HIM NOW!]

Right on Tidd! Really happy for you. *franky thumbs up*

Man, slim pickings on kuma, m chopper, and blackbeard friends

Don't you have Sengoku? For some reason I'm thinking you do. He's the best lead to run Mihawk with, no stall just mow through Mihawk in a couple turns. I think I ran Arlong, Halloween Franky, GP Usopp and Coby as subs last time he was here... I think.

Kyou

Don't you have Sengoku? For some reason I'm thinking you do. He's the best lead to run Mihawk with, no stall just mow through Mihawk in a couple turns. I think I ran Arlong, Halloween Franky, GP Usopp and Coby as subs last time he was here... I think.

Nah I've got Rayleigh. I think I'm better off with my current team. BB, M. Chopper, Arlong, Fossa, and GP Usopp.

Regardless of the str-up captain I can kinda just steamroll my way to Mihawk and kick his teeth in. It just seems like a lot people are skipping this raid, or at least not getting an early start.

bjork

Since I had my 400-day bonus and we got 10 for the FB thing, four pulls:

evolved Alvida
base Smoker
evolved Arlong
evolved Bepo

was it a secret STR up? sigh etc

Also the fact that my Bepo has 2 lock, 1 despair, 1 environment and 1 autoheal means he comes up way too often.

ElChado

Neo Member
Huh, this one really is a low-interest sugo, huh?

Pull 1: Regular Sanji-ass Sanji
Pull 2: Evolved Urogue (dupe, and I'm pretty sure I've pulled Urogue 4-5 times now)

I might do one more pull in the morning, though it's more than this sugo deserves. I'm glad we got ten free gems just now.

Creepy. I did my standard 2 pulls and got Chef hot rocks Sanji, and 4* unevolved Urogue.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Hey guys, take a good look at the buggy/shanks animation on the extra island map screen. It's hilarious. :D

Kyou

oh problem solved, G3 Luffy slots in as a friend captain juuuuust fine

forgetting to use GP Usopp and getting one shotted however does not do me favors. Man, the temptation to use a gem to revive is strong, but it's just not worth it

Top Bottom