• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
L7z6rST.png

Wooo.

Hana-Bi

Congrats. :)

Got my last two cd points for my raid hawk too.

And then I made the mistake to start pulling. Six pulls, six crap dupes. Oh well...

Majukun

Looking at Doflamingo teams, it seems like it's going to be tricky to try and farm without a maxed mihawk :(

Maybe I'll just wait until next time

do you have a monster chopper,a damage reducer like alvida/perona/jozu under 17 of CD,gp usopp and 2 decent str unit?

Kyou

do you have a monster chopper,a damage reducer like alvida/perona/jozu under 17 of CD,gp usopp and 2 decent str unit?

monster chopper yes, I have valentine perona who is maxed at I think 18, avlida is at 14, GP usopp is maxed and I have Arlong and BB at fairly high levels

RedBoot

my god the drops of the new fortnight are horrendous..

I will say that at least it looks like the skill books have a lot of different ways they can drop, I haven't seen anything that appears to be boss-only (though I haven't gotten any Hawkins yet). I've gotten 2 Shanks books in one run, and I know some people have gotten multiple Moria books.

(Granted, whether any of these books are actually useful beyond Moria's...)

Majukun

monster chopper yes, I have valentine perona who is maxed at I think 18, avlida is at 14, GP usopp is maxed and I have Arlong and BB at fairly high levels

well..first you have to run sono calculation,if you can survive doffy's first attack with your damage reducer,than you should be good to go with this team

2x monster chopper
(damage reducer)
(red guy)
(red guy)
gp usopp

with perfect stalling you can get around 17 turns of stalling befor reaching doffy,so both perona with 18 and alvida with 14 should be usable in that role,but as i said,you have to be sure to survive doffy's first attack,which you would take 20% of basically

it's not 100% success rate,for that you need mihawk max and a red guy like kid or blameco (other than a decently level skill on monster chopper for extra safety),but you MIGHT get away with it..but you have to do your calculation first

on the boss it goes like this

-eat pre emptive
-attack left doffy
-before the first attack,use damage reducer
-continue attacking left doffy,it SHOULD go down when his timer is 2 or 1
-when right doffy reaches 1 on his timer,the debuff protection will desappear,so you can use gp usopp and have 4 turns to kill him

at least in theory,depends on the level,on your orb luck,on if you have monster chopper skills at an usable leel and if you are willing to re-roll damage if you get <270k of damage (estimate)

Kyou

Thanks Maju. I'll give it a shot. I might only be able to get a dozen or so but that's better than nothing. Hopefully next time he's around I'll have a maxed mihawk

chrono01

I want to farm Mihawk for sockets...but Doflamingo takes priority for me now. I need him max skilled, as well as socketed. My Rainbow Gems will be going to him. Congrats to everyone finishing off their Mihawk!

Speaking of sockets, my luck with the Young Shanks/Buggy fortnight is HORRIBLE! One Young Shanks sighting in my first run, nothing since. :/

For Doflamingo, how do Log Luffy teams do? I was thinking:

Log Luffy/Log Luffy
Perona (my Jozu is only Level 72 and not skilled-up at all, my Perona is max-skilled)
Monster Chopper
Arlong (I have Blamenco, but he's Level 62 and zero skill-up)
GP Usopp

Majukun

I want to farm Mihawk for sockets...but Doflamingo takes priority for me now. I need him max skilled, as well as socketed. My Rainbow Gems will be going to him. Congrats to everyone finishing off their Mihawk!

Speaking of sockets, my luck with the Young Shanks/Buggy fortnight is HORRIBLE! One Young Shanks sighting in my first run, nothing since. :/

Log Luffy/Log Luffy
Perona (my Jozu is only Level 72 and not skilled-up at all, my Perona is max-skilled)
Monster Chopper
GP Usopp

even not skilled jozu is still at a 15 CD against 14 of perona max..i say if you think you can stall that extra turn,bring jozu..not having to check your hp before reaching the boss it's a good thing,especially in a stressfull farming like doffy's

Heng

Log Luffy/Log Luffy
Monster Chopper
GP Usopp
Double LL, a damage reducer (Jozu works just fine, I didn't have him maxed and was still able to use him with my WB team), near max GPU, and any strong units. I usually bring Mihawk since it allows me an extra turn to stall stage 1 and 4, and 30% off the two Doflamingo makes him worth it.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
vgyJiin.jpg

Slasherdile is at 4 despair/5 CD/ 5 orbs / 5 autoheal.

Doffy is at 5 bind / 2 despair. Going to max this Doffy (only needs 4 more skill ups and 8 more levels) Probably going to make another Doffy with autoheal and bind

So...

Inthawk Captain with Slasherdile and Doffy subs will have:
Bind 10
CD 10
Orbs 5
Despair 9 or 14 (well, 10 or 15 once I get that damned last point)
Autoheal 15 or 10.

And 2 more subs and 1 more friend captain.

chrono01

even not skilled jozu is still at a 15 CD against 14 of perona max..i say if you think you can stall that extra turn,bring jozu..not having to check your hp before reaching the boss it's a good thing,especially in a stressfull farming like doffy's

Double LL, a damage reducer (Jozu works just fine, I didn't have him maxed and was still able to use him with my WB team), near max GPU, and any strong units. I usually bring Mihawk since it allows me an extra turn to stall stage 1 and 4, and 30% off the two Doflamingo makes him worth it.
Thanks for the recommendations, you two. I might switch out Perona for Jozu then, and Arlong for Mihawk. I'll admit, the 30% off both Doflamingo IS tempting, haha.

Also, congrats on the INTHawk, GaimeGuy.

Majukun

Thanks for the recommendations, you two. I might switch out Perona for Jozu then, and Arlong for Mihawk. I'll admit, the 30% off both Doflamingo IS tempting, haha.

definitely bring mihawk..it's the guy who made my team from a "70-ish % success rate" to a "100% success easy mode one"

definitely bring mihawk..it's the guy who made my team from a "70-ish % success rate" to a "100% success easy mode one"
Yes definitely bring Mihawk, told you about it last time lol (below XD) and yes swap Perona for Jozu.
Have you got Jozu and Alvidia? And how are you in doing perfect chains? Cause Gear 3 Luffy with max skilled Mihawk, GP Usopp/Sogeking, Alvidia and Jozu with a friend's Gear 3 worked out really well for me when I didn't f my timing against 60 Doffy.
okay I think I'll be cooling it at 43 Mihawks.

God I hope that gets me 7 levels next rate up
Good luck, once you get max Mihawk it's so great you don't have to care much unless you have INT Hawk lol

chrono01

Mihawk it is!

Yes definitely bring Mihawk, told you about it last time lol (below XD) and yes swap Perona for Jozu.
Sorry, I completely forgot about that. I didn't have Jozu back then, I only obtained him the Sugofest before the last. Now this option is finally possible!

Is there need for both Jozu and Alvida, or is it safe to bring a stronger STR in Alvida's place?

Heng

Mihawk it is!

Sorry, I completely forgot about that. I didn't have Jozu back then, I only obtained him the Sugofest before the last. Now this option is finally possible!

Is there need for both Jozu and Alvida, or is it safe to bring a stronger STR in Alvida's place?
It depends on how likely you are to mess up tbh. You can easily take him down without Alvida but you can't miss a turn.

Kyou

Good luck, once you get max Mihawk it's so great you don't have to care much unless you have INT Hawk lol
It's like the one thing in the game that opens so many doors.

"Here's a team that can beat the raid boss easy"
"Oh cool I have all those at decent levels"
"Oh just one thing, max mihawk"
"fffffff"

Mihawk it is!

Nah wasn't chiding you on it lol, I reposted the quote so I can remember which team I took for each raid lol, been screenshotting most of the raids lately so I don't forget next time lol (I'll probably post the team I use for the boss raids when I can, might not be too useful with the units I use though =S) . And bring Alvidia for safety.

Edit: Also Alvidia's additional hits as oppose to other STR unit should help for seahorse part.
It's like the one thing in the game that opens so many doors.

"Here's a team that can beat the raid boss easy"
"Oh cool I have all those at decent levels"
"Oh just one thing, max mihawk"
"fffffff"
0000.gif

Mixed2k

Wasup fellas ? Let me join the club
ogR9h0k.jpg

Gonna check that gaf friend list and add me there now that I'm l33t pr0 (maybe not, in 1 year or whatever after his books come out I will be).

It seems that everyone else went with healing though. But this is my first socketed character and matching orbs lv 1 is too good to pass.

Kyou

okay so that's 45 mihawks and 24 garps.

Thinking I'll only do like a dozen each of Doffy, Iva and Enel and just see what I get off those. God I hope the next fortnight event comes with a special rate up.

edit: Congrats on the IntHawk. If I had one I'd definitely go for orbs over healing.

Totakeke

Got 52 copies by the end with about 18 gems, wanted to get about 15 more but was running out of friend leads. I guess that's okay. Gonna wait for skill up event now.

chrono01

It depends on how likely you are to mess up tbh. You can easily take him down without Alvida but you can't miss a turn.

Nah wasn't chiding you on it lol, I reposted the quote so I can remember which team I took for each raid lol, been screenshotting most of the raids lately so I don't forget next time lol (I'll probably post the team I use for the boss raids when I can, might not be too useful with the units I use though =S) . And bring Alvidia for safety.

Edit: Also Alvidia's additional hits as oppose to other STR unit should help for seahorse part.[/IMG]
Thanks, I'll bring Alvida then. She's decently powerful, so it should be fine.

RedBoot

Ugh, I forgot how oppressively hard Dofy is. :( Most teams leave no room for error. G3 teams need to hit every Perfect, and Mihawk teams need to stall perfectly (that damn Giant in wave 2 is the bane of my existence).

I can clear it with Mihawk/Mihawk/Arlong/Mr.1/Ohm/GP Usopp, but I'm limited by the number of Mihawks available. This sort of thing will be a lot easier when we get that new Friend Captain update that Japan has.

I wanted to have a BB team ready for this (since it seems to be the most forgiving), but I'm a few thousand short on the HP requirements. Of course, I have a bucket of BB copies sitting in my box, but feeding them now wouldn't get me many skill levels. Might have to wait til the next Dofy appearance, assuming it comes after a skill up.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
What are the monster chopper teams people use? I feel like G3/G3/Arlong/Jozu/Mihawk/GPU makes doffy simple, if you have max CD GPU and Mihawk.

It's pretty easy to get at least 1 or 2 matching STR orbs going into stage 4. Then you use GPU's special. Take out the seahorse, PSY, INT, and DEX mobs over the next 4 turns, setting up your 3 STR characters with matching orbs (even if they're all matched up going into this stage, usopp can take out each of these 4 enemies, 1 per turn) The QCK and STR mob will lock jozu and mihawk. Then you take 2 turns killing the last 2 mobs with usopp.

Unless you have absolutely terrible luck, you will go into doffy with at least 2 matching STR orbs (3 most of the time). With mihawk's special, and hitting your perfects, you will kill the left doffy in 2 turns, possibly on your 4th or 5th hit in the combo chain on the 2nd turn, actually. And you will have 5 turns after that to beat the right Doffy (1.68 million HP).

Monster Chopper seems riskier to me,

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
What are the monster chopper teams people use? I feel like G3/G3/Arlong/Jozu/Mihawk/GPU makes doffy simple, if you have max CD GPU and Mihawk.

It's pretty easy to get at least 1 or 2 matching STR orbs going into stage 4. Then you use GPU's special. Take out the seahorse, PSY, INT, and DEX mobs over the next 4 turns, setting up your 3 STR characters with matching orbs (even if they're all matched up going into this stage, usopp can take out each of these 4 enemies, 1 per turn) The QCK and STR mob will lock jozu and mihawk. Then you take 2 turns killing the last 2 mobs with usopp.

Unless you have absolutely terrible luck, you will go into doffy with at least 2 matching STR orbs (3 most of the time). With mihawk's special, and hitting your perfects, you will kill the left doffy in 2 turns, possibly on your 4th or 5th hit in the combo chain on the 2nd turn, actually. And you will have 5 turns after that to beat the right Doffy (1.68 million HP).

Monster Chopper seems riskier to me,
Wowwwww totally forgot about GPUing stage 4; was still easy.

chrono01

So a 2x Log Luffy team is easy. Go figure.

Team Composition:

Log Luffy/Log Luffy
Alvida
Mihawk
Perona
GP Usopp

First Stage I kill everything but the big blue unit in the back and the penguin. He locks Perona, I kill the penguin, stall one more turn, then kill blue guy

Second Stage I kill everything before they attack. The big red guy I knock down to ~20% health. He does his buff and then I kill him.

Third Stage I prioritize any mobs with 1CD. I save lobster/turtle for last and stall a few more turns on them.

Fourth Stage I use GP Usopp and GP Usopp/Alvida to slowly take out the units. I stall until a blue and green unit are remaining and I hit one of them with a 4 combo character in the turn they'll attack. They both lock all of my members, aside from GP Usopp. I use him to kill one of them, and then on the other turn finish the other one off. All locks cleared.

Stage Five I use Mihawk's special and then attack as normal (left Doflamingo), and on the second turn I use Perona. Third turn I can usually kill the left Doflamingo, but if not it's really close. Fourth turn I use GP Usopp again and then use the remaining turns to finish him off.

Technically I don't even use Alvida, so I don't really need her...but damage isn't an issue and she provides an extra safety net so I'll keep her in. Anyway, time to farm some copies!

RedBoot

Not sure I want to waste the gems losing to Doflamingo a bunch...

Yeah, this is my view too. I like my raid boss teams to be 90%-ish effective, I don't want to spend any more gems or time than I have to. My G3 team can win, I just screw up a lot so I'd probably lose half the time.

My Mihawk team is good enough, at least. I don't think I'll be able to get 30-40 copies, since most people are running G3, BB, or Chopper, but I'll get as many as I can. If I can get a handful of skill levels from this batch, then have Mihawk and BB teams ready for next time, I can probably finish him then.

Heng

It's nice going from a team that could clear it 80% of the time to a team that can clear it 99% of the time. So far I've lost once due to having everyone on stage 1 with a 1 turn CD and every unit on stage 4 with a 1-2 turn CD. I could've made it if I didn't mess up my good at the start...

leehom

Fml.. Doflamingo (40 stam) is just too hard for my weak ass crew. Tried five times and can't land all perfects in every round. Anyone know an easier way to beat him?

koryuken

All I needed was one more level on unbind socket for Doffy. Took me like 15 copies, but I made it. Got some levels on Koala in the process ;)

koryuken

Fml.. Doflamingo (40 stam) is just too hard for my weak ass crew. Tried five times and can't land all perfects in every round. Anyone know an easier way to beat him?

Blackbeard or Monster Chopper. Unfortunately most hard raid booses require hitting perfects. I suggest practicing in the training forests.

Log Luffy team for Doffy is great.

log/log
hawk/alvida
godsopp/jozu

really gives a ton of room for messing up.

I don't really use alvida during Doffy at all so might consider using her for stalling purposes. (I almost always mess up on the giant, for example)

Majukun

so..i need 1 despair socket..have to decide if just do 2 runs at the time and hope to be lucky or do the full 5 before trying..i know technically it doesn't matter and it's all superstition..but yesterday with mihawk i got lock sockets only when i used 5 copies :p

Heng

Log Luffy team for Doffy is great.

log/log
hawk/alvida
godsopp/jozu

really gives a ton of room for messing up.

I don't really use alvida during Doffy at all so might consider using her for stalling purposes. (I almost always mess up on the giant, for example)
It's either you hit the giant too hard or not hard enough. I found it easier just to ignore the giant's special and just 1 shot him. As long as you have Usopp's CD ready by stage 4, you can stall to 17 turns by the time you reach Doflamingo.

It's either you hit the giant too hard or not hard enough. I found it easier just to ignore the giant's special and just 1 shot him. As long as you have Usopp's CD ready by stage 4, you can stall to 17 turns by the time you reach Doflamingo.

Yeah my usopp is maxed, I'll say this though .. I mess up. A LOT.

I'm really bad at the whole "switch targets midway"-thing so often end up doing stuff like killing the turtle instead of a pirate.

Majukun

Yeah my usopp is maxed, I'll say this though .. I mess up. A LOT.

I'm really bad at the whole "switch targets midway"-thing so often end up doing stuff like killing the turtle instead of a pirate.

if you are at home,try playing on the bad,it makes that much easier,not 100% success but easier than doing it sit down

Gizuko

Not being able to farm Mingo makes me feel a bit better about sugo-ing gems yesterday.

Although I admit I should just G3 the snot out of him, whenever I try to pick G3 as capt my thumbs sort of... Pick someone else. Dat "3rd great" fear.

Also, congrats to everyone who successfully socketed Mihawk!

Heng

Used 15 copies and finished my sockets + 2 special levels on him. I then got greedy and fed another 10 to him and got nothing ._.

Top Bottom