• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Whew, finally got Shanks. Still no Buggy, though, somehow.

Also, from the last Sugofest:
Mr. 2 Bon Clay
Streaming Wolf Swords Zoro
Inazuma
Basil Hawkins

And to think I thought I'd finally get an Izo. Inazuma's new at least, but it looks like my Sugo luck is still godawful.

Tidd

Maxed everything from this fortnight except young shanks (because I'm feeding every copy to my SW Shanks) and the int skypia twins. Currently I have 4 bind/ 3 despair/2 cooldown/4 matching orbs and 2 auto heals sockets. 10 more copies to go if I get really lucky xD

Oh and I did this:

pmmve2yl.jpg

Got him thanks to yesterday's turtle time to 86 and for the rest I used skill books, turtles and pigs from the fortnight. And you all know what a grind the last 15 levels are. His art is so awesome. <3

Mixed2k

Hina's fortnight is decent so far, many many books, fast and easy dungeon.
Except.. freaking Django doesn't want to drop ! He showed up only twice so far (15 and 30 stam) and he dropped a chest both times. His 25+skillbooks are clogging my box so hard. And I'm also trying to save turtles for Enel, that is.. if I can get him on 30 stam.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I was at a wedding all day yesterday so I didn't get many Doffy runs in. With CD down sockets, the fight is literally a sleepwalk, so I'll be able to race through it and socket him out next time. He's at 2 Orbs / 2 CD.

Kyou

Man I don't know what I pissed off to have such bad luck today, but for two stamina bars worth of turtle runs I had like less than 10 drops that weren't kid/kid/kid/kid/adult

bjork

Got sidetracked watching episodes of Journeys in Japan on YT. Makes me want to move the hell out of California, heh.

Didn't know there was turtle time today too, gonna go for it since I missed yesterday.

Totakeke

What's the basic requirements for Ivankov? Being able to do more than 360k damage in one turn to KO and whatever HP and skills necessary to survive until that point?

Majukun

What's the basic requirements for Ivankov? Being able to do more than 360k damage in one turn to KO and whatever HP and skills necessary to survive until that point?
basically.. I think last time I used something like

mihawk
mihawk
doflamingo
Asura zoro
miss doublefinger
Gp usopp

Totakeke

basically.. I think last time I used something like

mihawk
mihawk
doflamingo
Asura zoro
miss doublefinger
Gp usopp

I don't have any QCK leads and I'm definitely not on farm status, so I'm going to just try to get one, spend a gem if necessary.

Probably something like this as a starting point, going to do more precise calculations later.

EkamCK9.png

chrono01

But the droprate for Shanks is 100%. How can you be disappointed with that? ;)

I get one Shanks every 5 runs.. So one per gem. Sometimes I get lucky and get even 2 per gem. But I'm still waiting for a double drop :( I believe I encountered him once on the boss stage so far.
Drop-rate doesn't matter when he never appears for me. :(

You've been far more lucky than I. I'm at only two drops (one of which I'll be keeping for my collection, the other will be fed to unlock a slot on my SW Shanks), and I've been doing it non-stop since release. I did switch over temporarily to Doflamingo, but other than that it's been the event island all the time. I hate my luck.

Wadiwasi

Banned
Well, it took 10 gems to get through the 40 stamina version of Kizaru with my gimped Log Luffy team (low pirate lvl and I evolved him).....but he dropped 1st try!!! For those reading this before trying him, don't bother with GP Usopp or any other turn delay, he's forever immune

Wasn't expecting him to be Quick though. Now I just need someone to translate what the heck he does lol

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I forgot what team I used for Iva.

Hmm, I guess Double Zoro/Mihawk/Law/Doffy/Doublefinger should do.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats on the finished Doffy! As for sockets, I...kind of hate them. Personally, having skill-up as RNG was enough, they should let you choose which sockets to unlock when you fuse an identical character. You'll still need something like 20-25 of them (depending on the number of socket slots) to finish them off, so it'll still be a grind. Needing to get the ideal sockets when the game keeps giving you the same useless ones (why hello there, reduce environmental damage!) is just frustrating. :(

As for your SW Shanks, do you mean to tell me that you only need two sockets before you have him fully finished? That's insane! I've only seen Shanks once (during my first run), and I've been running it non-stop (aside from last night through today, in which I've been doing Doflamingo runs). If so, pre-congrats to you on that as well!

Thanks Chrono, much appreciated man. Hopefully drop wise things turn around for you, as well as anything else you need in the game, I genuinely mean that.

I was wrong about the amount of Doffy copies I farmed, it ended up being somehow closer to 70 I think. But yeah, sockets is definitely a min/max experience. I want to say the % of success drops to get that last socket you may need too, as the sockets you don't need go away and all that is left is that single one you need along with the others you're trying to avoid. I still feel sockets gives a more added benefit versus say candy farming, so even getting some sockets along the way with trying to skill up is better than nothing. It’s also made levelling somewhat a careful procedure, as you may want to evolve a character first before feeding copies if their socket numbers increase. Again with any approach in this game, it's picking your poison on what to do and aim for.

As per my SW Shanks, I did only need 2 more sockets and got them today. So very, very grateful. This was my sugo and frankly as opposed to pulling dupes the work for this was well worth it:

Based on my calculations I grinded almost 3.5 PLVs (roughly 300 expert runs), which was approximately 1.6 million XP and I used a total of 68 Shanks copies. I had the drop percentage pegged around 20% before going into this fortnight and sure enough it hovered right above that line. There was no secret to this, it was just a lot of runs and equated to I think ~31 gems used (+ meat refills, natural refill, stamina level ups). I was also able to finish socketing Young Buggy and skill maxing him, as well as skill maxing Moria/Hotori and Kotori with the amount I farmed.

koryuken

pmmve2yl.jpg

Got him thanks to yesterday's turtle time to 86 and for the rest I used skill books, turtles and pigs from the fortnight. And you all know what a grind the last 15 levels are. His art is so awesome. <3

Congrats! I really hope we get Zephyr or he'll be a subpar legend on global forever.

GaimeGuy

Kizaru 60 stamina:
HP: 3,546,320

Preemptive Delay debuff for 99 turns increases special cd of DEX Units by 2 turns
1 Attacks for 7,775 and turns all non-tandem, non-meat orbs to weak orbs.
2 Attacks for 7,775 and reduces damage of DEX, QCK, or STR characters by 90%~95% past 50,000 for 2 turns (?! - I think this means that it'll apply to only one of the three types, and it's RNG.)
3 Attacks for 7,775, blinds you for 5 turns, turns non-tandem/non-meat orbs to weak orbs. (?!)
4 Attacks for 7,775 and despairs captain for 2 turns
From then on: Repeats 1-4.
20% HP or below Uses special and attacks for 220,000
After Killing him first time: Revives for 1,063,896 and reduces damage of DEX, QCK, or STR characters by 90%~95% past 50,000 for 2 turns
Following turn Does 19,430

These details might not be 100% accurate, I copied them from the reddit, but Kizaru sounds like a monster that you need to burst down in 2 turns or and pray he doesn't reduce the damage of DEX units upon revival (That, or have an Inthawk special in place)

Tidd

Just looked what fortnights we could get in the future and in 6 weeks (if we follow the Japanese schedule) we would have one which drops books for SW Sanji. So maybe, just maybe the next batch will be the SW characters.
Hahahaha

As per my SW Shanks, I did only need 2 more sockets and got them today. So very, very grateful. This was my sugo and frankly as opposed to pulling dupes the work for this was well worth it:

Based on my calculations I grinded almost 3.5 PLVs (roughly 300 expert runs), which was approximately 1.6 million XP and I used a total of 68 Shanks copies. I had the drop percentage pegged around 20% before going into this fortnight and sure enough it hovered right above that line. There was no secret to this, it was just a lot of runs and equated to I think ~31 gems used (+ meat refills, natural refill, stamina level ups). I was also able to finish socketing Young Buggy and skill maxing him, as well as skill maxing Moria/Hotori and Kotori with the amount I farmed.

Congrats! Yep that's exactly my experience, I'm only missing 4 sockets now. 2 despair and 2 cooldown. Hope I can get it done by tomorrow.

Drop-rate doesn't matter when he never appears for me. :(

You've been far more lucky than I. I'm at only two drops (one of which I'll be keeping for my collection, the other will be fed to unlock a slot on my SW Shanks), and I've been doing it non-stop since release. I did switch over temporarily to Doflamingo, but other than that it's been the event island all the time. I hate my luck.

Wow that sucks. :( Hope your luck turns around this week.

Congrats! I really hope we get Zephyr or he'll be a subpar legend on global forever.
Thanks! It's unbelievable how bad he is without certain characters. ;__; But I think they can't skip him any longer. Maybe we will get Heracles before him, but after that they have to release Zephyr. We even skipped Boa skillbooks for this. (At least I guess that was the reason why we didn't get the Domino fortnight)

Majukun

Kizaru 60 stamina:

Preemptive Delay debuff for 99 turns increases special cd of DEX Units by 2 turns
2 Attacks for 7,775 and reduces damage of DEX, QCK, or STR characters by 90%~95% past 50,000 for 2 turns (?! - I think this means that it'll apply to only one of the three types, and it's RNG.)
3 Attacks for 7,775, blinds you for 5 turns, turns non-tandem/non-meat orbs to weak orbs. (?!)
After Killing him first time: Revives for 1,063,896 and reduces damage of DEX, QCK, or STR characters by 90%~95% past 50,000 for 2 turns

These details might not be 100% accurate, I copied them from the reddit, but Kizaru sounds like a monster that you need to burst down in 2 turns or and pray he doesn't reduce the damage of DEX units upon revival (That, or have an Inthawk special in place)

looked at some videos and apart from the rounds before that are tough with perfect protections and things like that,kizaru itself is not really that difficult..basically what kills ivankov can kill kizaru more or less as long as you makeyour perfects..there are already f2p teams around that do the raid just fine.

ElChado

Neo Member
Just looked what fortnights we could get in the future and in 6 weeks (if we follow the Japanese schedule) we would have one which drops books for SW Sanji. So maybe, just maybe the next batch will be the SW characters.
Hahahaha

You actually reminded me to update my Global Timeline pastbin for Kizaru.

It's just something i started last summer, basically if Global followed Japans timeline perfectly it's how things would look. It's off a bit due to us shuffling the fortnights around and us suddenly getting Halloween Party Part 1 and Part 2.

Two interesting things did occur though with it, Global did get prison croc when the timeline said we would have, we also got the shandian fortnight return when the timeline estimated we would have got it the first time. We also synced up very well with first appearances for raids till big Z.

I've also included when Japan got their first Strong World batch book on a fortnight as well as when Training forests came (excluding beard)

Here is the link for those interested

also HOLY SHIT. kizaru maxes with 14 skill ups. THIS IS GOING TO BE CRAZY.
That means his stage 1 special is a 5 cd special. 5 cd for self orb and -1cd to shooters/fighters.

That means after 10 turns you can have a 12 turn special up, assuming no cd sockets either.

This is ABSOLUTELY nuts. I fear the road this is starting.

Let's go full crazy too!

Double kizaru team = -4CD
max cd sockets = -2CD
Ace ship = -1CD

So stage 1 a double kizaru shooter team with Ace ship , kizaru special is up and everyone's special is at 7 turns charged. use both kizaru, 9 turns charged turn 1.

5 turns later kizaru specials are up again and everyones specials have 14 turns charged, use both, now everyones specials are 16 turns charged after 5 turns.

5 turns for 16 turns charged.

For those interested the Stage 2 of Kizarus special is in the database and is the same as stage 1, but also boosts chain multiplier by 0.5x. What this means is your first hit should be at 1.5x, and your last hit-assuming all perfects should be 3.0x. It does not help ray much as his combo maxes at 25.5x with it.

Tidd

You actually reminded me to update my Global Timeline pastbin for Kizaru.

It's just something i started last summer, basically if Global followed Japans timeline perfectly it's how things would look. It's off a bit due to us shuffling the fortnights around and us suddenly getting Halloween Party Part 1 and Part 2.

Two interesting things did occur though with it, Global did get prison croc when the timeline said we would have, we also got the shandian fortnight return when the timeline estimated we would have got it the first time. We also synced up very well with first appearances for raids till big Z.

I've also included when Japan got their first Strong World batch book on a fortnight as well as when Training forests came (excluding beard)

Here is the link for those interested

also HOLY SHIT. kizaru maxes with 14 skill ups. THIS IS GOING TO BE CRAZY.

That means his stage 1 special is a 5 cd special. 5 cd for self orb and -1cd to shooters/fighters.

That means after 10 turns you can have a 12 turn special up, assuming no cd sockets either.

This is ABSOLUTELY nuts. I fear the road this is starting.

For those interested the Stage 2 of Kizarus special is in the database and is the same as stage 1, but also boosts chain multiplier by 0.5x. What this means is your first hit should be at 1.5x, and your last hit-assuming all perfects should be 3.0x. It does not help ray much as his combo maxes at 25.5x with it.

Nice work! Like you said some of these were pretty accurate. Impressive.

RIP normal Jimbe. Why should anyone use him now? Except maybe as a 2.5x captain.

Can we say SW Ace teams just got even stronger? You get 2 cooldown reductions from sockets, 1 from his ship and another one from Kizaru. Just 13 turns to get SW Ace ready or 12 if you don't need the extra damage + orb lock. 13 turns are nothing for raid bosses. I could be wrong but I think the multiplier boost is stronger than SW Usopp's 10% cut. So that's an extra plus.

And I think a double Kizaru lead could be a pretty great team for fortnights. Zephyr only needs 8 turns with sockets, Kizarus special and Ace's ship. o.o This should definitely kill every fortnight boss.

Oh and I didn't consider that you could use Kizarus special twice instead of waiting for the 2nd stage.

bjork

Had a pretty good turtle time yesterday, decided to spread some turtles around instead of focusing on one dude. Got Law/Apoo/Koala all mid-50s, so that's nice. I did max level Wyper, though, and I feel like he needed about a billion xp to max.

Congrats on a good TT and solid leveling.

I did max level Wyper, though, and I feel like he needed about a billion xp to max.
It's actually all in your head for this one. Wyper, unfortunately, maxes out at only lvl 70. So it only takes ~1m EXP to max him (versus 3m-5m for lvl 99 characters).

GaimeGuy

haha holy shit at Kizaru. I didn't think he sounded that good when I saw his stats and special... and then I woke up to see that his CD maxes at 5 (stage 1) and 11 (Stage 2)

Jesus christ.

Kyou

so I might go in on Iva for sockets since his special doesnt seem like anything to write home about.

if I just do Mihawk/Mihawk/A. Zoro/Law/Doffy/GP Usopp am I going to have any issues?

Majukun

so I might go in on Iva for sockets since his special doesnt seem like anything to write home about.

if I just do Mihawk/Mihawk/A. Zoro/Law/Doffy/GP Usopp am I going to have any issues?

probably not,i have a similiar team but i'm gonna swap law (which i don't have) for a booster like doublefinger

just be sure when you vurst him because he heals under 20%

koryuken

I would save copies for the INT Ivankov, but that's just me.

Kyou

probably not,i have a similiar team but i'm gonna swap law (which i don't have) for a booster like doublefinger

just be sure when you vurst him because he heals under 20%
maybe I'll replace zoro with doublefinger. Law + doffy seems like the best way to get matching orbs

I would save copies for the INT Ivankov, but that's just me.
Is int Iva more useful? I have him (unevolved)

Majukun

maybe I'll replace zoro with doublefinger. Law + doffy seems like the best way to get matching orbs

Is int Iva more useful? I have him (unevolved)
slightly more useful. being the only capt for freedom characters if you don't count legend sabo... but also blue Iva has it's uses

chrono01

Thanks Chrono, much appreciated man. Hopefully drop wise things turn around for you, as well as anything else you need in the game, I genuinely mean that.

I was wrong about the amount of Doffy copies I farmed, it ended up being somehow closer to 70 I think. But yeah, sockets is definitely a min/max experience. I want to say the % of success drops to get that last socket you may need too, as the sockets you don't need go away and all that is left is that single one you need along with the others you're trying to avoid. I still feel sockets gives a more added benefit versus say candy farming, so even getting some sockets along the way with trying to skill up is better than nothing. It’s also made levelling somewhat a careful procedure, as you may want to evolve a character first before feeding copies if their socket numbers increase. Again with any approach in this game, it's picking your poison on what to do and aim for.

Thanks man, I hope things turn around for me soon too. No luck today/yesterday, but there's still a little over a week left. Here's hoping!

Excellent job on your SW Shanks, BTW. Solid work!

Kizaru 60 stamina:

Wow, he seems insane, haha.

Wow that sucks. :( Hope your luck turns around this week.
Thanks, I hope so too. Not a single Shanks sighting yesterday or today. That makes two total drops since the start, and I've been doing it exclusively (outside of Doflamingo). I didn't even do Turtle Time.

Honestly, if I saw him more I'd probably gem for it, but considering he's not showing up for me at all, I'm not about to throw gems away. I hope it changes for me soon, I really want to get my SW Shanks socketed. :(

I've had him show up about 10 times so far w/out gemming at all + I've spent a ton of STA on both raids + both TTs. I wish I could give ya my copies, buddy. :/

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats! Yep that's exactly my experience, I'm only missing 4 sockets now. 2 despair and 2 cooldown. Hope I can get it done by tomorrow.

You're super close, totally within reach! I'm sure you'll be able to do it.

Honestly, if I saw him more I'd probably gem for it, but considering he's not showing up for me at all, I'm not about to throw gems away. I hope it changes for me soon, I really want to get my SW Shanks socketed. :(

I get about 7.5 runs per gem, but on average what Tidd was saying above with him showing every 1/5 runs is accurate. I would have him pop up anywhere from 1-3 times per gem. The best stretch I had was 11/24 runs and the worst stretch was him not showing up for 8 runs straight. I had a double Shanks drop twice and had him show up at the boss fight maybe 4-5 times total. The boss fight encounter is by far the rarest, him showing up midway is average and him showing up on Stage 6 is a higher percentage from what I found.

chrono01

I get about 7.5 runs per gem, but on average what Tidd was saying above with him showing every 1/5 runs is accurate. I would have him pop up anywhere from 1-3 times per gem. The best stretch I had was 11/24 runs and the worst stretch was him not showing up for 8 runs straight. I had a double Shanks drop twice and had him show up at the boss fight maybe 4-5 times total. The boss fight encounter is by far the rarest, him showing up midway is average and him showing up on Stage 6 is a higher percentage from what I found.
I'm definitely having horrible luck then. :(

I won't give up trying though! And keep it up, Tidd. You can do it.

(Can I have some of your luck when you're done with it? Please?)

Majukun

Sorry to be asking but when to use double mihawk special on ivankov? On 4th turn or when 25% left?
depends on you and how much damage you can do, just remember that if he goes under 20% his hp, he will heal, even if it's not his turn

Hana-Bi

Man I'm hording those keys like crazy. I'm at 147 keys right now and with the limited box space I won't run porc sanctuary anytime soon...

I hope the sp level up x2 and a fp turtle event will be coming soon...

RedBoot

I'm definitely having horrible luck then. :(

I won't give up trying though! And keep it up, Tidd. You can do it.

(Can I have some of your luck when you're done with it? Please?)

I probably haven't run the fortnight as much as you (I'm thinking around 15 runs of 30stam, plus one each of the other ones, been focusing on all the other stuff), but in all that I've gotten Shanks zero times, and Buggy's only dropped twice. So the bad luck is spreading a bit. :)

There's not much I need from the fortnight, and I've given up on skill leveling Young Buggy (was going to focus on the Afro Luffy rerun next week anyway), so as soon as I get Shanks to show up I'm done with it.

Kyou

Man I'm hording those keys like crazy. I'm at 147 keys right now and with the limited box space I won't run porc sanctuary anytime soon...

I hope the sp level up x2 and a fp turtle event will be coming soon...

we just had fp turtles not that long ago

I'll still hold on to my dream FP event of evolved fodder units to fill out my pokedex T_T

Kyou

Evolve him and socket him -- YES he is definitely more useful. His special is excellent and he gets a lot of play in JP on training forests.

okay done, I'll socket him instead. Lock/Despair/Matching??

edit: do I have to evolve him before I socket him? I havent tried to socket any unevolved people before

bjork

I had Shanks turn up on my first run, and a couple of times after that on day one, but none since then. Buggy really wants to give me purple giant skillbooks, too.

Heng

okay done, I'll socket him instead. Lock/Despair/Matching??

edit: do I have to evolve him before I socket him? I havent tried to socket any unevolved people before
You don't have to since sockets are carried over when evolving (I'm pretty sure someone confirmed it here) but keep in mind he'll gain an extra socket when he's evolved. There's always the possibility that you'll gain a socket you'll want to keep but are unable to since you already have 3 sockets.

Top Bottom