• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Majukun

used 4 copies for now,no despair socket in sight...
now i'll have to wait till this afternoon to continue so that i don't waste a level up refill

Majukun

Wasted 2 attempts on don flamingo due to mistakes in my part. You really can't afford to make mistakes on stage 4 :p

if you have a max skill gp usopp you can use it at stage 4 and it will recharge in time to be used when doffy's debuff protection wears off

Heng

This might be a bit too early, but I feel like it's a good time to ask: what are you guys going to socket Enel with? He's good for both LL, WB, striker, and QCK teams. The only problem is that most of my team has level 2 bind/despair, level 2 orb, and level 2 CD (once I've finish the sockets for my team that is, they're mostly farmable units).

One of his socket will be CD reduction for sure, but what else should I get? Do I try to get level 3 bind/despair? I'd love to get auto healing but then I can't use him with WB... There's always resilience (lol), or any of the damage reduction sockets as well.

Majukun

This might be a bit too early, but I feel like it's a good time to ask: what are you guys going to socket Enel with? He's good for both LL, WB, striker, and QCK teams. The only problem is that most of my team has level 2 bind/despair, level 2 orb, and level 2 CD (once I've finish the sockets for my team that is, they're mostly farmable units).

One of his socket will be CD reduction for sure, but what else should I get? Do I try to get level 3 bind/despair? I'd love to get auto healing but then I can't use him with WB... There's always resilience (lol), or any of the damage reduction sockets as well.

since i don't have whitebeard and adding more healing to enel seems OP,i would probably go with

lock
despair
heal
cd

Hana-Bi

Well, I think auto heal could still work for WB. I saw some WB teams for Boa raid with auto heal. And with environmental or poison damage a WB team with some auto heal could be viable again.

Will try to get 60 Doffys this time so that I can max skill/max socket my second Doffy and then skip Iva and Enel because my box is full. Will try to skip the next sugos till I maxed all the raid bosses. Hopefully I am strong enough. :)

So what's the socket recommendation for Doffy? Bind and Despair? Don't think I've gotten Despair on him cause I have charge special and bind atm lol

Also green turtle time during a raid lol, Bamco really wants us to use up the gems, good thing I don't really have any green units that needs to be max levelled any more except to maybe Perona, Xmas Law and Miss D1oublefinger, guess I'll do it when I'm nearing a level up but don't have the stamina to do another 60 Doffy.

Edit:
my god the drops of the new fortnight are horrendous..
Also yes, the drop rates have fallen by so much on the weekly isle, ever since Bamco gave as sockets, Croc's drop rate was a joke to compared to the the rates before.

Gizuko

... I got suuuuper~ lucky just now.

Messed a 40-stamina run so bad I got bound by the top Mingo, but still managed to kill the both -for the first time.

I also got him to drop.

Based lvl máx LLs.

MiTYH

Man, I hate how nerve-inducing G3 teams are. That being said, after last time when I could barely beat 40 stamina Doffy, this time I just beat his 60 stamina with a G3 team on my first try. No damage taken on final stage, it really is a good team!

G3 friend
G3 Captain
MaxMihawk
Arlong
Max GP Usopp
Jozu

Max Merry ship, I use the GPUsopp on the 4th stage to stall. I've got lock sockets lvl1 which was nice. Stalls enough to get Mihawk to use on the first turn against doffy. Jozu to protect, and if I've farmed orbs from stage 4, the left doffy is quick work

Only downside is I farmed Mihawk heavy yesterday in gems to gem sockets for IntHawk. Wound up with 4 despair, 3 slot rate, 3 auto heal, and 3 charge specials. Not one bind!!! At least with my Halloween zoro, which I use a lot, I can get level 1 autoheal. 100hp every now and then isn't a lot, and I'll toss it when I get a bind, but it's nice. I might wind up throwing a gem or two to get more Doffys, he really is useful at low skills, and mine is stuck at level 3 (26 turns).

I still use this guide https://ra-jq.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/comments/43b7a9/sockets_a_guide_on_what_to_get_and_look_for/ for socket decisions. It's pretty great and covers the most important units.
I guess I'll go bind and despair because of Aokiji forest lol, still haven't beaten/took on Whitebeard one cause no STR nulling Zoro and I have a Whitebeard to use the ship for T___T
Man, I hate how nerve-inducing G3 teams are. That being said, after last time when I could barely beat 40 stamina Doffy, this time I just beat his 60 stamina with a G3 team on my first try. No damage taken on final stage, it really is a good team!

G3 friend
G3 Captain
MaxMihawk
Arlong
Max GP Usopp
Jozu

Max Merry ship, I use the GPUsopp on the 4th stage to stall. I've got lock sockets lvl1 which was nice.

Only downside is I farmed Mihawk heavy yesterday in gems to gem sockets for IntHawk. Wound up with 4 despair, 3 slot rate, 3 auto heal, and 3 charge specials. Not one bind!!! At least with my Halloween zoro, which I use a lot, I can get level 1 autoheal. 100hp every now and then isn't a lot, and I'll toss it when I get a bind, but it's nice. I might wind up throwing a gem or two to get more Doffys, he really is useful at low skills, and mine is stuck at level 3 (26 turns).
Yeah G3 team is nerve racking due to timing...lucky Log Luffy folks have more leniency =(, ironically if I didn't go for autoheal I would've maxed socket my IntHawk with charge ;__;, but I hate the low recovery of slasher team so c'est la vie lol

Hisoka

G3 friend
G3 Captain
MaxMihawk
Arlong
Max GP Usopp
Jozu

Max Merry ship, I use the GPUsopp on the 4th stage to stall. I've got lock sockets lvl1 which was nice. Stalls enough to get Mihawk to use on the first turn against doffy. Jozu to protect, and if I've farmed orbs from stage 4, the left doffy is quick work

Nice team! I use the completely same one, just Kid instead of Arlong because i like the fix red orb. I breeze through doffy, never had a problem even once. Will farm 60 and hope that's enough.

MiTYH

Nice team! I use the completely same one, just Kid instead of Arlong because i like the fix red orb. I breeze through doffy, never had a problem even once. Will farm 60 and hope that's enough.

My only issue is the stamina cost is too damn high! I'm at rank 201, which is 120 stamina. That's enough for two runs every gem, but it's still not a lot. I like to have a buffer of gems for certain occassions (sugofests mostly, and I'm still not at max box space). But waiting 5 hours to get 1 copy is so time consuming!

ah_hia

if you have a max skill gp usopp you can use it at stage 4 and it will recharge in time to be used when doffy's debuff protection wears off
I did but I killed the other minion too early so i had to hit the purple one on his first turn before locking :p

bjork

So I keep a second account on my old phone, which I use to barrel break with. Two sugos ago, I pulled legend Mihawk and legend Shanks. Yesterday I had 20 gems on it so I spent them all, and the last drop was WB.

All for an account I barely touch, go figure.

I would hate to skip green turtle time today, but I think I just might.

G3 friend
G3 Captain
MaxMihawk
Arlong
Max GP Usopp
Jozu

This is the team I have that can clear it. I just have to remember the method, so I wrote it in my phone notes:
stage 1, kill all but turtle and stall
stage 2, kill all but giant and get him to 20%, then stall more
stage 3, kill all but turtle/lobster, then kill lobster with the next turn, then the turtle
stage 4 gp usopp, but leave the purple dude alive so he locks usopp and you can stall more
stage 5, mihawk special, g3 and arlong if they're ready, then bomb on the top dofla. use jozu at 1, then take out top dofla. Use usopp again, bottom one goes down.

This even worked with bad orbs, pretty satisfying.

Hana-Bi

I'm at 30 Doffys now. Didn't have much time to farm him and I don't know if I can farm 20-30 more. Really need a Bind/Despair Doffy for Aokiji farming...

Kyou

I had a very good turtle time this week, sitting on 15 elders and my green princess. Looking for suggestions on who I should steroid the hell up:

mZmL7D9.png

I figure mihawk and doffy will get maxed when I can skill them up. I cut em off but I have most other green units too.

Majukun

I had a very good turtle time this week, sitting on 15 elders and my green princess. Looking for suggestions on who I should steroid the hell up:

mZmL7D9.png

I figure mihawk and doffy will get maxed when I can skill them up. I cut em off but I have most other green units too.

1 between asura zoro,law and smoker...smoker and zoro are heavy hitters,law is the better captain

RedBoot

I still get some usage out of Zoro, but yeah, Apoo, Smoker, and Law are all more useful for me.

(Really, I'd probably use Zoro more if I weren't so bad at the timing for his attack)

Majukun

do you guys remember if gp usopp is needed for the restaurant le crap stage or i can just bring my slasher team with the strongest guys and win?

Hisoka

My only issue is the stamina cost is too damn high! I'm at rank 201, which is 120 stamina. That's enough for two runs every gem, but it's still not a lot. I like to have a buffer of gems for certain occassions (sugofests mostly, and I'm still not at max box space). But waiting 5 hours to get 1 copy is so time consuming!

Yeah it really is, i feel you. I have 143 sta, which essentially gives me 1 doffy more out of 3 gems. It's still not in my comfort-zone actually, 180 will be comfortable, at least 3 copies per gem. Still a looooooooooooooong way... But i'll bite today and farm doffy until i feel it's enough.. the rest will have to wait

Hana-Bi

LL is really a monster compared to G3. I didn't have much trouble with G3 against Doffy but you really had to be in a flow. I could run Doffy fifty times but at some point you'd start messing up. With LL this won't happen that easily and then you deal more damage and the special is really nice to finish of Doffy.

chrono01

LL is really a monster compared to G3. I didn't have much trouble with G3 against Doffy but you really had to be in a flow. I could run Doffy fifty times but at some point you'd start messing up. With LL this won't happen that easily and then you deal more damage and the special is really nice to finish of Doffy.
Agreed, this is the first raid (for me, at least) where I felt Log Luffy really shines, especially when he's socketed and paired with another socketed Log Luffy friend. I can mess up multiple times (as I did last run) and still finish with turns to spare.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Played the Doffy raid way more than I intended, as I wanted to play and there was just so many STR captains up. If I had to guess, it was 50+ copies roughly for 5/5 cd and orbs. Outside of candy, his role as a super sub is now complete for my teams.

Doing sockets is so weird, it's a never ending grind on top of an already never ending grind.

I have one major goal that I hopefully can complete this weekend *knock on wood*, as I need 2 more sockets for my SW Shanks. Hopefully everyone else is finding success in skills up, sockets, or even just stashing copies. And congrats to those already completed said goals. Keep it up.

chrono01

Played the Doffy raid way more than I intended, as I wanted to play and there was just so many STR captains up. If I had to guess, it was 50+ copies roughly for 5/5 cd and orbs. Outside of candy, his role as a super sub is now complete for my teams.

Doing sockets is so weird, it's a never ending grind on top of an already never ending grind.

I have one major goal that I hopefully can complete this weekend *knock on wood*, as I need 2 more sockets for my SW Shanks. Hopefully everyone else is finding success in skills up, sockets, or even just stashing copies. And congrats to those already completed said goals. Keep it up.
Congrats on the finished Doffy! As for sockets, I...kind of hate them. Personally, having skill-up as RNG was enough, they should let you choose which sockets to unlock when you fuse an identical character. You'll still need something like 20-25 of them (depending on the number of socket slots) to finish them off, so it'll still be a grind. Needing to get the ideal sockets when the game keeps giving you the same useless ones (why hello there, reduce environmental damage!) is just frustrating. :(

As for your SW Shanks, do you mean to tell me that you only need two sockets before you have him fully finished? That's insane! I've only seen Shanks once (during my first run), and I've been running it non-stop (aside from last night through today, in which I've been doing Doflamingo runs). If so, pre-congrats to you on that as well!

Kyou

I know it hasnt happened yet in japan, but do you guys think there'll ever be a rate up event for sockets?

like maybe two sockets per unit or something

chrono01

I know it hasnt happened yet in japan, but do you guys think there'll ever be a rate up event for sockets?

like maybe two sockets per unit or something
It hasn't happened yet, but there's still hope.

Maybe make socket books a drop, with a specific socket on them? Like despair socket books that you can use on a character that will be a guaranteed despair socket unlock? Honestly, that's how I thought the socket skill books originally worked. When I heard that they were random too...

:(

Hana-Bi

Got 55 Doffys today. Hopefully this is enough for my second Doffy (skill level 5, 2/1 bind/despair). Luckily I could finish my first Doffy during last skill up event. (Cd/heal).

leehom

Had to use a gem to beat 40 stam Doflamingo...and he didn't drop.

Does he drop on 40 stam at all or do I need to defeat him in 60 stam mode? :( I have no gems left...and I can't even beat him in 40 stam w/o gem continue.

chrono01

Had to use a gem to beat 40 stam Doflamingo...and he didn't drop.

Does he drop on 40 stam at all or do I need to defeat him in 60 stam mode? :( I have no gems left...and I can't even beat him in 40 stam w/o gem continue.
40% drop on 40-stamina, 100% drop on 60-stamina.

If you can't reliably defeat him now, just wait for him to return and build up your team until then.

Kyou

It hasn't happened yet, but there's still hope.

Maybe make socket books a drop, with a specific socket on them? Like despair socket books that you can use on a character that will be a guaranteed despair socket unlock? Honestly, that's how I thought the socket skill books originally worked. When I heard that they were random too...

:(
I still dont get why those arent just a regular drop in fortnights or something

the amount you would need to socket a single character is crazy, and I have tons of gatcha exclusive dudes!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Okay, so my doffy is max level, sockets are maxed, CD is at 17. Should I focus on my second doffy and just worry about maxing my firsts CD the next time a doffy Raid is around the time of a skill up event?

Second Doffy is evolved, L1

ah_hia

I'm so jelly of you guys who can reliably defeat doffy. I just want one....lol.
Try the lower stamina level or just use gems in 60 stamina assuming you can beat him eventually. 1 doffy is good to have but if you can't beat him at this point, they always come back almost every month anyway.

RedBoot

Maybe make socket books a drop, with a specific socket on them? Like despair socket books that you can use on a character that will be a guaranteed despair socket unlock?

I think I actually remember hearing this was a thing in the Japanese version? I think I read about it on reddit or something. Could be completely false. Either way, seeing as how we have yet to get any socket books beyond the free samples from the debut, we're probably pretty far away from anything special like that.

The game does seem to be focusing on making more characters farmable, seeing as how we've gotten seven of the Whitebeard commanders in the last two fortnights in Japan. Other characters will likely show up in the Colosseum, or as new raid bosses, etc. Still a whole ton of work, though, since most RRs have four slots.

Heng

I think I actually remember hearing this was a thing in the Japanese version? I think I read about it on reddit or something. Could be completely false. Either way, seeing as how we have yet to get any socket books beyond the free samples from the debut, we're probably pretty far away from anything special like that.

The game does seem to be focusing on making more characters farmable, seeing as how we've gotten seven of the Whitebeard commanders in the last two fortnights in Japan. Other characters will likely show up in the Colosseum, or as new raid bosses, etc. Still a whole ton of work, though, since most RRs have four slots.
Yeah this socket book with a specific unlock is a thing in the Japanese version. I hope it'll come to global soon.

I tried the 10 +1 gacha in JP optc. It hurts to have a repeat legend. Damn you sabo.
I got 6 silvers and 5 gold... I wish I got a legend haha. At least the gold were all new (Jabra?, Sugar, Kuina?, Kaku, and Thatch).

ah_hia

I have log luffy and sabo but can't use them well as I need to raise my pirate level in JP optc. When I reach 120 I can use the 4 5 million exp tokens hopefully
I got Marco,killer, moira, hack and blue luffy on mine.

Wadiwasi

Banned
All around ok Sugo for me this time on JPN

Pulled Sengoku and Boa as reds (back to back too which was awesome) have Boa on US version so was hoping for a Marco or Rayleigh.

The blue up rate was definately in effect. Other notables were Jabra Dark justice, Thatch, Kama Sanji, and Int Ivan

It feels like I will be spending years leveling and socketing and special farming lol

Majukun

so..how many shanks did you guys managed to drop?

I'm conflicted if doing the green turtle time or farm the fortnight...on one hand i have no really important green unit that i wan to level up,and on the other hand i only got a single shanks until now,so my initial idea to socket normal shanks didn't really worked out,and next week i'm gonna farm usopp at afro luffy's stage

ah_hia

so..how many shanks did you guys managed to drop?

I'm conflicted if doing the green turtle time or farm the fortnight...on one hand i have no really important green unit that i wan to level up,and on the other hand i only got a single shanks until now,so my initial idea to socket normal shanks didn't really worked out,and next week i'm gonna farm usopp at afro luffy's stage
I'm so disappointed with the low shanks drop rate that I might just do the turtle stage again

Tidd

But the droprate for Shanks is 100%. How can you be disappointed with that? ;)

I get one Shanks every 5 runs.. So one per gem. Sometimes I get lucky and get even 2 per gem. But I'm still waiting for a double drop :( I believe I encountered him once on the boss stage so far.

Top Bottom