• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Unlimited World Red |OT| Oda’s Fan Service DLCs Pending

Ban Puncher

Got the 3DS version last week locally, no problems redeeming the DLC code through the eShop.

Got the physical PAL Wii U version today, game still isn't listed on the Australian eShop so can't redeem the code that was in the box.

Bah.

EDIT: Amusing thing is that the PAL disc has the Australian rating on it so it's been paid to go through the classification board. Money has been spent so I wonder why it's still not up on the Australian Wii U eShop.

Why does this game not have a mini-map?

Anyway, I noticed some time ago you can sort of cheat the combat. If you're about to take a heavy blow, you can switch character, as the characters don't take any damage if the AI is playing them.

Bio-Frost

So namco says the release date was delayed till the 14th but gamestop changed the release date back to the 8th even though it was listed as the 14th just a few days ago..

EDIT: back to the 14th again..

GeekyDad

So namco says the release date was delayed till the 14th but gamestop changed the release date back to the 8th even though it was listed as the 14th just a few days ago..

EDIT: back to the 14th again..

Doesn't look like the 3DS version got delayed, so I'm golden. As an aside, neat to see MH3U is still the number 1 game for the 3DS portion of their site.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So... will the Day 1 stuff be available as on the PSN/eShop down the line? Just curious.

The digital version for PS3 on PSN US gonna cost $50 too? I'm a bit confused because on Europe (PSN UK) the digital game is more expensive that the physical one :/ £44.99 vs £39.99

B00TE

Excited to play this tomorrow, swinging by gamestop first thing in the morning to pick it up. Will add some impressions after I get some time to play it. o:

Cbajd5

Wii U version is $49.99 on the eShop, if it hasn't been posted yet.

I don't know if I want to but it at that price, especially since it's digital only...

Arthos

Always wanted to get into One Piece but I found the first couple of episodes of the Anime boring. For those that have played it and watched the Anime/read the manga, does it go far into it at all? I know it's new chapters but the game might include some from the manga like the Naruto games do.

Either way, might pick this up. Not sure which version to get though....

Always wanted to get into One Piece but I found the first couple of episodes of the Anime boring. For those that have played it and watched the Anime/read the manga, does it go far into it at all? I know it's new chapters but the game might include some from the manga like the Naruto games do.

Yeah, the Colosseum is brand new and features the current manga arc. The first island you visit is also from the previous arc. Story is non-cannon though.

this may be a stupid question but is the 3DS version getting the Strong World/Anniversary dlc stuff? im fixing to head to gamestop to preorder but im contemplating getting the 3ds or ps3 versions

jbug617

Banned
this may be a stupid question but is the 3DS version getting the Strong World/Anniversary dlc stuff? im fixing to head to gamestop to preorder but im contemplating getting the 3ds or ps3 versions

i think they said all versions are getting the anniversary costumes at launch for free.

louis89

I want to watch the anime but I've only made it to about episode #80 so far. Is playing this going to be spoilerific for me?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
My decision to buy this is going to rely entirely on impressions on the game's co-op.

Here I was hoping for a midnight release with all my eshop money just...sitting here. Hopefully it's up in the morning. If not I'll probably just go to grab the ps3 version and save it for something else.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Don't own the game yet, but browsing through its Miiverse page on WiiU is interesting, looks like Op fans are having a great time with it.

bigkrev

How improved is the Vita version from the 3DS version? I was going to wait the week for the Vita version, but did not realize that there is also a 10 dollar price difference. If they are basically the same game, i'll take the 10 dollar savings.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
When does Eshop update usually? I want to play this before the end of the day.
In about 45 minutes.

Kind of glad I have an extra week before the Vita version is out. Gives me time to go back to some of my backlog games to finish them & then have more credit towards pre-ordering this (or I'll just get it the day after, considering it's Day One Edition so it doesn't sound like I have to pre-order).

Cbajd5

It's able to be purchased on the Wii U eShop now.

My lack of will power means I'll probably do so once I can get through without the eShop erroring out on me. Despite having the 3DS version on the way from Amazon.

Edit: And bought. CURSE MY LACK OF WILLPOWER

Double Edit: Eh, at least I'll be able to try the cross save stuff.

Triple Edit: 3 hours to download, ugh.

todd360

You should give the anime another chance. It starts off slow I agree, but it gets sooooo gooood. This game takes place in the second half of the story. So there will be major spoilers like who joins the crew and new abilities and attacks of everyone. I'm not sure how close it sticks to the story though. I assume a lot of it is filler stuff like the villain.

B00TE

Co-op is pretty fun so far. Gathering missions have co-op as you can help each other catch junk quicker, etc. Boss battles are a blast, despite the limited move sets.

Meffer

You should give the anime another chance. It starts off slow I agree, but it gets sooooo gooood. This game takes place in the second half of the story. So there will be major spoilers like who joins the crew and new abilities and attacks of everyone. I'm not sure how close it sticks to the story though. I assume a lot of it is filler stuff like the villain.

I suggest the manga myself. Better pacing, art and no filler.

I suggest the manga myself. Better pacing, art and no filler.

Yeah, especially as the series goes forward since by late skypiea everything is super padded and worse in the anime (Due to the need for a 1 chapter to 1 episode ratio). I loved arcs like Marineford in the manga, but that was done pretty terribly in the anime

GeekyDad

How improved is the Vita version from the 3DS version? I was going to wait the week for the Vita version, but did not realize that there is also a 10 dollar price difference. If they are basically the same game, i'll take the 10 dollar savings.

Not sure there's any improvement. I was under the impression it's a port of the 3DS version.

B00TE

Coliseum is great for pick up and play. Quests in story mode would be okay too, but coliseum just gets you into the fight. Just wish it had co-op, the portable versions miss out on that.

Top Bottom