• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Unlimited World Red |OT| Oda’s Fan Service DLCs Pending

Soul Beat

I'm gonna get the WiiU version for sure, but I don't know which version for portable I should get.

I mean, the cross-save and miiverse stuff is pretty nice, but dat OLED.

Help me out here guys.

leehom

Picked up my PS3 copy and I downloaded the Day One edition content. When I try to install it, it tells me to plug in my Vita??

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Picked up my PS3 copy and I downloaded the Day One edition content. When I try to install it, it tells me to plug in my Vita??
Did you download from PSN a la the link I posted? That's just for the Vita version. Not sure why the PS3 version isn't up yet.

Hey I became a fan of Ganbarion recently with Pandora's Tower and noticed they've developed this and it looks really nice. It's actually the first One Piece game I ever wanted to invest in. The only thing that turns me off is that the combat looks kinda sluggish in videos.

Can I get some opinions on what to expect picking this up?

leehom

Hmmm, it could possibly be that the code was for the Vita version....Check your history & see what system it says it's for.

Ah, I see what happened. The code gave me the Day One Edition download for both the PS3 and Vita. I downloaded both PS3 (39 megs) and Vita (19 megs).

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man you guys. It feels SO GOOD to have the 3DS Day One in my hands. No physical Wii U sucks, but this'll dull the pain a bit.

AND it has a CN code!

B00TE

Oh man you guys. It feels SO GOOD to have the 3DS Day One in my hands. No physical Wii U sucks, but this'll dull the pain a bit.

AND it has a CN code!

I hear that. I got an error redeeming my club nintendo code earlier but I'll try again later.

I remember watching one peice on saturday mornings years ago ( the american version) and kind of liking it. saw the anime series on Hulu and decided to watch it again. I then realiazed there are like 15 seasons of the show and decided to not bother. How are the games?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I remember watching one peice on saturday mornings years ago ( the american version) and kind of liking it. saw the anime series on Hulu and decided to watch it again. I then realiazed there are like 15 seasons of the show and decided to not bother. How are the games?

Read the manga.
The games vary in quality. This one is pretty good.
The 3DS RPG is mediocre.
The PS3 Pirate Warriors games are... well Warrior games and very YMMV.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

You read One Piece RIGHT NOW. Do it. It's the best series ever
and read all of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure DO IT

One Piece games are mixed. I really liked Unlimited Adventure but I sold it because it froze five times on me. Romance Dawn is incredibly mediocre. It's great if you love walking down long empty hallways then SLUGGISH BATTLE TIME.
Haven't played the Pirate Musou games but they sound okay. You know what you're getting in a Musou game: ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA

The one game everyone SHOULD OWN besides Red is the glorious Gigant Battle 2.

coUr4LS.png

Developed by Ganbarion and heavily influenced by their work in the Jump! Stars DS games, Gigant Battle 2 is a beautiful sprite-based fighter that adds a bajillion characters and improves in every way from the first Gigant Battle.

Buy it.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Nintendo Wii U = 10.7GB (15.2GB required) - so... will it take up 15.2 GB on my Wii U once it's fully installed? Or is that just what's needed for the install process?

So any of y'all get the 3ds version and others? How does it hold up?

I don't really have that high hopes for this game so I'm naturally gravitating towards the cheapest lol

Meffer

So any of y'all get the 3ds version and others? How does it hold up?

I don't really have that high hopes for this game so I'm naturally gravitating towards the cheapest lol

It's not bad. Game looks fantastic on 3DS and it can use a Circle Pad Pro for the camera. Though I wish the camera was placed farther out though. Combat is fine and is combo based with special attacks that can be used with enough SP.
Overall, it's one of the better One Piece games to date.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
3DS has Day One DLC? is there a code to get or something? I got it from Eshop.

3DS has a Day One edition at Amazon and GameStop. 3DS eShop one might have it (The Wii U one has it since it's download only), but considering it's been down for a while nobody knows.

iYT1oHs.jpg

Just got back home with my PS3 copy. Would've totally grabbed it for Wii U instead but no physical=the breaks. Looking forward to checking it out tonight when I get back from dinner with my wife and parents.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I might pre-order tomorrow just to be safe, but Day One Edition = all first print copies, right? Hence the name? I checked the OP but didn't mention it.

Haven't played the Pirate Musou games but they sound okay. You know what you're getting in a Musou game: ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA

The one game everyone SHOULD OWN besides Red is the glorious Gigant Battle 2.

coUr4LS.png

I don't know what "ORA ORA" is, but Pirate Warriors 2 is the best One Piece game to date. I still play it semi-regularly. Never played Gigant Battle 2 myself though as it's expensive, hard to find and in Japanese.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Ordered from Amazon, day one edition, and did same day shipping. If it really gets here by tonight I'll be extremely impressed.

I'm so excited for this game.

Argh! I can't decide whether I should get Vita's physical copy or get Danganronpa 2's LE and wait for a sale for this game instead. I take pride with my valuable games.

Played a couple of hours on PS3 and what I've done so far has been enjoyable. Framerate is a bit of a bummer, but it's not a slide show or anything. Was just expecting it to run at 60 and not 30 with a few drops occurring during intense battles. Whoops!

Oh well, it's good fun with lots to do. Gonna be easy to sink some hours into it. :)

Dominator

Went to the store today, found out the Vita version got delayed a week. Thats a shame I was really pumped to play it. This was going to be my first foray into the One Piece series across all mediums, so I guess I'm waiting a week lol

Nif

I'd love to get it on Wii U, but the store's been down all night. Does Wii U have the day one stuff? I'd be sad to miss out because of technical issues.

bigkrev

I might pre-order tomorrow just to be safe, but Day One Edition = all first print copies, right? Hence the name? I checked the OP but didn't mention it.

I'm going to guess some gamestops aren't going to get any copies of the Vita version if there aren't any preorders

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm going to guess some gamestops aren't going to get any copies of the Vita version if there aren't any preorders
Hmm, good point. & mine is a smaller one, so guess it might be a good idea to put down a few bucks when I head in tomorrow.

I just preordered my copy for instore pickup via Gamestop.com. Since I'm out of town, I was able to reserve it to be picked up at the store near my home. Since physical Vita games are becoming more rare and this one seems to be a limited run, I knew I should go for this version over the Wii U version.

This is going to be my first experience with the One Piece universe. I've always had this one friend who was in love with One Piece and always recommended me reading the manga and the games always looked kindof outrageously fun. Any recommendations of where I should start to familiarize myself with this world of pirates?

I'd love to get it on Wii U, but the store's been down all night. Does Wii U have the day one stuff? I'd be sad to miss out because of technical issues.
I went ahead and bought it earlier on Eshop (know nothing about One Piece though, a few youtube reviews sold me) There is an option for downloadable content on the start screen, can't go any further because of maintenance though.

bigkrev

I just preordered my copy for instore pickup via Gamestop.com. Since I'm out of town, I was able to reserve it to be picked up at the store near my home. Since physical Vita games are becoming more rare and this one seems to be a limited run, I knew I should go for this version over the Wii U version.

This is going to be my first experience with the One Piece universe. I've always had this one friend who was in love with One Piece and always recommended me reading the manga and the games always looked kindof outrageously fun. Any recommendations of where I should start to familiarize myself with this world of pirates?

If someone wanted an intro to One Piece, watching the "Episode of Nami" TV special/Movie, which basically gives you everything you really need to know that happens in the first 100 or so chapters of the Manga, is a good place to start.

Acid08

Banned
Bummed that the Vita version isn't out today but I'll be picking it up next week. Glad to hear people are enjoying it.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any 3D at all in the 3DS version? Beat the first episode and nothing. The box and "manual" show 3D features but nothing's been in 3D so far.

I went ahead and bought it earlier on Eshop (know nothing about One Piece though, a few youtube reviews sold me) There is an option for downloadable content on the start screen, can't go any further because of maintenance though.

I hope we are able to get it. I want to get the Day One DLC, and I still haven't even downloaded it yet due to not being able to connect online! =(

Effect

Looks like the Wii U eShop is back. However to late for me to pick up the game.

Would like to know how the Wii U version runs first. Still the version I want but would like to know before I go through with the purchase. Game simply looks like a lot of fun.

Giant Bomb has a quick look of the first 40 minutes. They advance quickly through the story for those that don't want to be spoiled though. They're playing the PS3 version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7i7Nfw-cIo

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, one more question. Wasn't the DLC quest Red Stands Alone supposed to be up on the Wii U/3DS eShops?

Shun

Alright, one more question. Wasn't the DLC quest Red Stands Alone supposed to be up on the Wii U/3DS eShops?

Yeah what's the deal, wasn't everyone supposed to get DLC only on the first day?

When I check the eShop, there's no DLC page just the One Piece page so it's weird.

Wii U owners shouldn't be cheesed out of DLC because of eShop problems.

After Nature

Neo Member
Bought this day one in EU on the WiiU eshop. Was a bit hesitant first but caved in and I am enjoying it quite a bit. It looks amazing and the VA is great. I like the addition of the Coliseum but the same screen coop is a let down. Almost to the point where I regret getting it on the WiiU and should have gotten the 3DS version instead for myself and my daughter so we could play coop that way.
This is a good game, enjoyable for even someone who might not have read the manga or seen the anime but likes over the top fighting and anime in general. Although this title should not be bought if coop is the online thing you're looking for.
Just my two cents.

Top Bottom