• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finalow

I kinda doubt that Mob Psycho will share OPM's popularity, and 2016 is looking waaaaaay better then 2015 going by Spring alone.
probably not as popular and I don't know how well the manga is selling but I believe it has a lot of potential. especially if people start to realize that it's from the same author of OPM, and if Bones does a good job.

Musou is literally the only action genre that an OPM game could sort of work with, and even then there's no challenge unless there's a time limit where Saitama needs to rush to the next grocery sale or something.

Only other option is make other characters playable, but it's not exactly the best marketing move to make a game and not give the popular titular character a controllable role.
I think there are several ways to make an action game work, e.g. they could make Saitama with hair and still in training playable, and have him become bald&powerful as a special move, or something.
also I'm sure many people would love to play with other heroes, like King (!!), Metal Bat, Mumen Raider etc.

Hyun Sai

After reading a few pages of this thread all I can see is this :

High_tatsumaki_senpu_kyaku.gif

Parshias7

The way to make a OPM game would be to have it star Genos and have the other heroes as unlockable characters. Saitama would be the last character you'd unlock, and he'd be like getting the infinity+1 sword off of the hardest boss in an RPG as he'd obviously kill everything in one hit but you would have already beaten all the toughest things in the game the hard way to unlock him.

jwk94

The way to make a OPM game would be to have it star Genos and have the other heroes as unlockable characters. Saitama would be the last character you'd unlock, and he'd be like getting the infinity+1 sword off of the hardest boss in an RPG as he'd obviously kill everything in one hit but you would have already beaten all the toughest things in the game the hard way to unlock him.
That would actually be hella fun. Have Genos learn moves and stuff from the various heroes and you d got yourself a good game.

Draxal

Pretty much you play as genos, job and when saitama comes into save the day you'll have genos do a qte fangirl moment.

ChazAshley

CharAznable's second cousin

This is the correct plan. Use the Hero Ranking system. Create your own hero that starts off rank C - work your way up - you're free to choose to fight any level difficulty boss from the beginning, but the better you actually are, you can shoot up the ranks faster than usual.

Genos, Saitama, etc. would be unlockable characters.

Devil May Cry-esque One Punch Man game were you have to hold back your strength to give yourself a good fight without accidentally killing your enemy to get style rankings like in DMC3/4

That idea is free

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Devil May Cry-esque One Punch Man game were you have to hold back your strength to give yourself a good fight without accidentally killing your enemy to get style rankings like in DMC3/4

That idea is free

Oh man an action game where you deliberately have to avoid completing the combo to maximize score could have a super interesting flow to it

That idea is free

Oh man an action game where you deliberately have to avoid completing the combo to maximize score could have a super interesting flow to it

This speaks to me on multiple levels.

Qvoth

watched 11 last night, shame they're putting saitama vs boros on just episode 12, was hoping it was split between 11 and 12

squall23

How about the game where Genos is the main character? To beat the stage/boss, he has to build a gauge that summons Saitama. When the gauge is full, he'll automatically job to whoever he's fighting and Saitama arrives.

How about the game where Genos is the main character? To beat the stage/boss, he has to build a gauge that summons Saitama. When the gauge is full, he'll automatically job to whoever he's fighting and Saitama arrives.

I want CC2 in charge so at least jobbing is a QTE and not fighting unbeatable bosses or some shit.

and we can Press Button to Punch

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
you want to play a video game where you kill everything in one punch?

they would either have to power down Saitama, or not include him as a playable character at all.

or you could just have a shit ton of enemies i guess.

The real point would be to hit the special sales.

kewlmyc

Or an MMO/action rpg where you create a hero and rise up the ranks.

Sami+

probably not as popular and I don't know how well the manga is selling but I believe it has a lot of potential. especially if people start to realize that it's from the same author of OPM, and if Bones does a good job.

I think there are several ways to make an action game work, e.g. they could make Saitama with hair and still in training playable, and have him become bald&powerful as a special move, or something.
also I'm sure many people would love to play with other heroes, like King (!!), Metal Bat, Mumen Raider etc.

My idea for a game was Saitama going on vacation and having the main protagonist be Genos with Saitama popping in at the end right after everything is over lol. Make him an unlockable god mode for beating the game. MGR style.

How was it?
I've issues with the translation and some lines, but outside of that it was extremely awesome. I think we were all looking forward to one scene in particular and it's handled fairly well in the last episode. There is so much foreshadowing for a series that hasn't had a S2 announced yet, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom