• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I really enjoyed the series. Now I'm conflicted between waiting for a (deserved) second series or going further via the manga. Decisions, decisions...

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
7erUM8I.jpg

The fight plus all the foreshadowing.

Madhouse making anime-only watchers hurt.

I seriously need to look up the names of the animators and follow them religiously

Rewatching the Boros fight. Saitama's boredom throughout it all really harks back to the first episode. I think the manga made it even clearer that he wasn't trying throughout the battle, but I really enjoyed how Makoto Furukawa voiced his throwaway lines complimenting Boros. They were halfhearted white lies. We've seen Saitama excited for a fight, albeit in a dream, and this wasn't it. Boros grew more excited as the fight progressed while Saitama sounded more and more disappointed, let down, and at one point even a little annoyed.

What did Boros say at the end, "This was never a battle"?

jokkir

Quoting for new page

You can buy the books from stores. I've seen it at some stores around my area.

I suggest reading both the Murata (good art) version then if you have the chance, the original one from ONE. I find the scenes for ONE's is a lot more hilarious because of the terrible art and plus, it's much further than Murata's version. They also have differences in both so it'd be nice to see what changed and what hasn't. A good example is Murata's version currently and what happened in the ONE version.

sonicmj1

My favorite thing about the Boros fight (which was incredible) was how it paralleled Saitama's dream from back in episode 1, particularly after he recovers from his huge KO move. The same music, the same animation of running into battle, the same heartbeat motif... he's finally being tested. It's beautiful to watch, and a great bit of visual storytelling.

I feel lucky to be able to see such great anime as it airs.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
That Boros fight was sick. I was expecting an anti-climax similar to when Saitama faced up to the Sea King, but was pleasantly surprised by what we got instead.

CDiggity

Got what I wanted and then some, props to Madhouse. Saitama best character 2015.

It's a shame they didn't tease the next arc as a stinger, but I'd imagine we are years off from a S2 if it ever happens.

OPM was a Fun/10 anime, certainly a contender for AOTY. I look forward to the OVAs.

jokkir

Watching the Boros fight makes me excited for what would happen with the final fight in the next arc.

Hell, I want to see what happens with the Murata version too.

Parshias7

When the S Rank fight on the ground ended so early in the episode is was like OHHHH SHIIIIIIT. Getting the scrubs out of the way for the MAIN SHOW.

Really did the fight justice. Incredible.

DJwest

The serious strike was a bit underwhelming imo, it was better animated in the OP with the close up on Saitama's face, my only complaint. This is over guys... Murata, please hurry up and finish this arc for a season 2 please !

Draxal

Sad it's over. Will probably be years before we get more.

Could someone spoil me, does Saitama ever get recognized by all the other S class heroes, and does Tatsumaki ever face Saitama?

Just do it in pms, asking spoilery questions is getting old in this thread (and i'm current with both versions of the manga).

Could someone spoil me, does Saitama ever get recognized by all the other S class heroes, and does Tatsumaki ever face Saitama?

Edit: Pms would be better, aye. Or asking in the other thread.

Spoilers removed.

Reset

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=875909&highlight=onepunch
You should just ask there since if someone answers you here, that guy will probably end up showing up and start crying about the spoiler bars haha.
But that thread I linked to you had a bunch of unmarked spoilers.

Russ T

Banned
I'll say 1 year. :p

Yeah I suspect/hope this burst in popularity will lead to a boost in Murata's speed. Although I don't know what other obligations he currently has.

If he stopped doing "filler", it'd certainly help. (not that I want him to stop... if they don't adapt what he's doing right now into the next season I'll be very upset - although I am glad they didn't adapt the prison shit)

They translated Boros' line: 'You still had strength to spare' whereas the translation in the manga was 'You were still holding back, weren't you?'. The latter had way more impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom