• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They translated Boros' line: 'You still had strength to spare' whereas the translation in the manga was 'You were still holding back, weren't you?'. The latter had way more impact.

Yeah, translation was spotty at places.

I didn't really like the "I;ll use my final move" line. Shit ain't final
Yep. That and the Boros death quote were my only issues with this episode. The translation for OPM was somewhat a disappointed in general, particularly with the Hero names. I was hoping they'd get the big lines in the anime right.

Haly

I think they could've drawn out the
Super Series: Serious Punch segment a bit more. It was just kind of "whatever" instead of being the capstone on the series.

The translation didn't quite highlight how little effort Saitama put into that fight, but the voice actors and animation team made up for it. With all of Boros' speed, Saitama was just casually stepping back and still keeping up:

tumblr_nzo3aprhaP1tmjc36o1_500.gif

It's funny how the reactions to that fight here mirror Boros'. So much excitement and fist pumping. Yet we're given a glimpse at Saitama probably at his most depressed and let down in the entire series.

Haly

isn't that the joke?

It gets quite the few splash pages so it wasn't a joke there. It might be a joke here but it was a "GOD DAMN" moment in Murata's manga.

HEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Season 2 is going to incredible. I really hope that
they keep the opening theme and use it during the Garou finale!

Trickster

Man there were some beatiful moments in this fight.
The moment when Boros kicks Saitama to the moon
, the frames drawn for that are just absolutely gorgeous.

NEO0MJ

Amazing, that's all that needs to be said. i think the last time I watched such an awesome fight scene was in Korra and...

Was a bit let down by the fight.

You can't please everyone ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's funny how the reactions to that fight here mirror Boros'. So much excitement and fist pumping. Yet we're given a glimpse at Saitama probably at his most depressed and let down in the entire series.

OM8FL3p.jpg

Yeah, that scene kinda killed my hype a little bit. He seemed really sad, like if this is the best the universe has to offer him then he will never know the thrill of a fight.

Awesome finale, Boros put up a good fight in comparison to Saitama's previous fights but not even that was enough for Saitama, dude is just way too OP. Very enjoyable series, 8/10, not really AOTY but its up there, hope they don't take long for season 2. I was going to get into the manga but they're like 3 different version of OPM and some are by different people, ain't nobody got time for that.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Weird that no one ever questions Genos calling Saitama master. Even Tornado who was upset with Saitama, being a B Class hero, even being there.

I guess no one likes listening to Genos

Parshias7

One change in the anime I really liked is removing all the dialogue from the moon sequence. The manga has Saitama thinking to himself a bit before he makes the jump back, but I thought the total silence of space was a better fit.

Awesome finale, Boros put up a good fight in comparison to Saitama's previous fights but not even that was enough for Saitama, dude is just way too OP. Very enjoyable series, 8/10, not really AOTY but its up there, hope they don't take long for season 2. I was going to get into the manga but they're like 3 different version of OPM and some are by different people, ain't nobody got time for that.
It's not at all that complicated. There is the manga, from which the anime is adapted, and the original webcomic the manga itself adapts. Both are written by the same person; The manga just has better art.

convo

Season 2 gets made once Murata redraws enough and adds extra stuff like he does with the most recent chapters, there are a lot of fights to go through. What seem like gags in the original webcomic are fleshed out to awesome looking scenes with Murata's version. So i estimate a second season in 2 years time.

That.. was awesome.

Can´t wait for season two. 2 years seems realistic? Hope so.

Will buy on Blu-Ray when it comes out here. Just to support this.

Anime of the year and one of my favorites of all time.

Draxal

Weird that no one ever questions Genos calling Saitama master. Even Tornado who was upset with Saitama, being a B Class hero, even being there.

I guess no one likes listening to Genos

Only person that heard it was Tatsumaki who ignored it as she was mad that she was getting ignored.

Russ T

Banned
One change in the anime I really liked is removing all the dialogue from the moon sequence. The manga has Saitama thinking to himself a bit before he makes the jump back, but I thought the total silence of space was a better fit.

I loved the moon scene, yeah. It was done really well.

Blunoise

so there is a season 2? this is by far the best last ep I have ever seen!.....when are the public going to recognize Saitama????

Amazing episode, so freaking good.

Please tell me there's even stronger enemies than boros waiting for Saitama?

And whats the name of the battle theme during the final attack?

So whens the English (subbed obviously, but still!) blu ray release so I can stop being a dirty pirate. I need to own a copy of this series.

Still trying to pick my jaw up off the floor. Don't watch many animes but this is the best thing I've seen in a long time.

Amazing episode, so freaking good.

Please tell me there's even stronger enemies than boros waiting for Saitama?

And whats the name of the battle theme during the final attack?

There's at least a few more, but they're not a common thing.

sasuke_91

Great final episode. Except for a few lines that were translated poorly, this episode is as good as I imagined it to be.

Not that it matters, but I find it really funny how there's a jump in OPM's score on MyAnimeList after every episode. It's at 9,02 today (I remember it being at 8,9x a few days ago).

Zetta

I'm so sad this is the end. It was a great episode and holy hell was it funny how it ended. After all the credits and it hitting you that its over you get one final joke from Saitama, soo good.

Fireblend

Banned
That was incredible. Holy shit at that fight. That post-credits scene was perfect, I love knowing that at least that kid will recognize Saitama's power. That is all.

I need season 2.

Sealed

Banned
well, all i have to say is that this episode, and series, met and exceeded all my expectations

absolutely amazing work, Madhouse and co.

bring on season 2...eventually!

also, I lost it at the part where Saitama was cheering Genos on lol, that was great animated. Anyone have a gif?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom