• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos17

Seriously I wish mods would impose a "no more sexually suggestive pictures" ban just to avoid this shit.
As long as there is no anti-anime/manga racist who come here, it should be fine, imo.
People like that doesn't care even when a picture is not suggestive to yell at you and descriniate you.

Russ T

Banned
just have everyone shut up about it

by that metric the people who want to keep posting sexually suggestive pictures of her should just shut up about it and not post the pictures

this is a forum on the internet, if you don't want people to respond to things, don't post them

personally i'm with woofington, since it's obvious a lot of people get really angry when someone doesn't like the character, best to just avoid baiting it altogether

(then again there's only one more episode so whatever)

SystemBug

As long as there is no anti-anime/manga racist who come here, it should be fine, imo.
People like that doesn't care even when a picture is not suggestive to yell at you and descriniate you.

wtf does that even mean?

I'm a fan of anime and manga and that kind of shit is disgusting and actually lowers the art form

Zolo

Obviously, everyone should just get along.

Image.gif

Makki

Seriously I wish mods would impose a "no more sexually suggestive pictures" ban just to avoid this shit.

Dont look at it, scroll past it. Are you mad that you saw sexual suggestions? This show itself portrays her as attractive yet with a childish mind. If it was something out of context I would understand, but calm down dude. Anime/manga must be tough to watch for you if any sexual suggestions rustle your jimmies.

Russ T

Banned
I take it neither of you two have been in this thread the whole time to see the constant vitriol about her character?

This request doesn't come out of nowhere. Your accusatory tone is unwarranted.

I just don't understand how such a minor character can make things so toxic. She's been in what, a cumulative 4 minutes over 11 episodes?

It's going to make season 2 a mess.

Its like the concepts and characters in Anime and Manga is somehow new to people here, some people are decades behind. To have problems with sexual suggestive material.

Get over it.

MCD

I just don't understand how such a minor character can make things so toxic. She's been in what, a cumulative 4 minutes over 11 episodes?

It's going to make season 2 a mess.

I read the manga yesterday. She's still not that important IMO.

Besides I don't see what's wrong with her. Saw worse shit in anime.

Dont look at it, scroll past it. Are you mad that you saw sexual suggestions? This show itself portrays her as attractive yet with a childish mind. If it was something out of context I would understand, but calm down dude. Anime/manga must be tough to watch for you if any sexual suggestions rustle your jimmies.

We're already almost there... Neogaf more prudish than a Quaker settlement.

(except for the DOAX3 thread, that's still allowed in full force)
Go read the last couple of pages and realize I made the statement because shit like this always happens when someone feels the need to post a picture of her to oogle over or because someone hates the character. Regardless one more week.

I just realized that the finale of One Punch Man is coming out on my birthday. This is the best present.
A bit less than two more days to go!

CDiggity

I'm curious to see how Madhouse will tackle certain scenes in the last episode. It's going to be a tall order, but I have faith...I hope.

Please don't trip at the finish.

I still have yet to read MHA. I just don't know if I can do a genuine Shonen action anymore from the start. Maybe I'll give it a try with the Anime see how things go from there

MHA is a really good shonen though. And it moves at a really nice pace.
Maybe I'm just tired of guy starts out weak and a joke and gets progressively stronger. I'm not saying every Anime needs to have the guy at his peak from the start but part of the reason I like seinen action more than Shonen action as a general rule of thumb is because yes the ones I read don't focus on the journey of getting powerful as much.

Berserk has guts be pretty fucking strong from the start, even if he finds enemies he can't beat it's due to a proper reason.

Skrams

I'm probably a scrub when it comes to talking about typical shonen franchises or whatever, but I'm enjoying MHA a lot. Good flow, fun characters, good pace, and the anime adaptation has me pretty excited.

Also hopefully OPM Vol 9 and 10 get localized soon for people exclusively on that train. Volume 8 barely teases the next arc and it's pretty blueballsy.

Dio

Banned
I'm probably a scrub when it comes to talking about typical shonen franchises or whatever, but I'm enjoying MHA a lot. Good flow, fun characters, good pace, and the anime adaptation has me pretty excited.

Also hopefully OPM Vol 9 and 10 get localized soon for people on that train. Volume 8 barely teases the next arc and it's pretty blueballsy.

Nah you're on the right track. I'm an ANIME EXPERT and I enjoy MHA a ton.

MHA is a really good shonen though. And it moves at a really nice pace.

Yeah. It's not a OPM style deconstruction/parody, but it does a lot of fun stuff with the more standard tropes. Lots of subversions and reconstructions. Keeps you on your toes.

It also has an extremely strong cast of characters, which is weird 'cause there's a TON of them. If this was One Piece or Fairy Tail half the main cast would be one-note jokes.

Hopefully they'll just throw all of the money at it.

You mean hopefully they hired on a bunch of talented animators.

MHA along with a few others are surprising great and are on par with the Big three.

The Big 3 was never about quality, it was about sales and popularity. That era is done for though, Naruto ended (at least for another 3 hours it still ended) Bleach tanked and sucks ass and One Piece became a juggernaut that eclipsed everything else.

I'm fairly certain the Big 3 was a Western term anyway.

TheFlow

Banned
You mean hopefully they hired on a bunch of talented animators.

The Big 3 was never about quality, it was about sales and popularity. That era is done for though, Naruto ended (at least for another 3 hours it still ended) Bleach tanked and sucks ass and One Piece became a juggernaut that eclipsed everything else.

I'm fairly certain the Big 3 was a Western term anyway.
Popularity wise MHA is up there, plus the anime next year.

Again, a subversion. Do me a favor and just do a simple read of the Wikipedia summary of a deconstruction and tell me if

A. It makes any sense
B. It applies at all

It... does make sense, assuming I'm reading it right (haven't taken a proper literature class since Junior English in highschool). The definition given there is that it's about a separation between words and meaning, yeah? And from there, a separation of thing and meaning. That the only meaning a thing has is by contrast with its opposite. "Existence" only means "existence" because it is contrasted with "nonexistence." And so on. And from there, if an opposite seems not to exist, it's because the term hasn't been made yet; if a deconstructive analysis finds a lack of meaning, it's because you aren't finished yet.

It's an extremely interesting concept, but fairly obviously not what I'm referring to, which is the more common version. Words mean lots of things :p

In the colloquial sense, Watchmen is a deconstruction. OPM is a parody deconstruction, though only a little bit.

I am gonna run the wiki version past a friend of mine who's studying literary analysis. Should make for an interesting discussion.

MHA will get a boost sure, but you are underestimating how popular Naruto was and One Piece is. I don't think MHA was even on the top 10.

It's actually doing pretty well in those weekly surveys, isn't it? Consistently right up at the top.

TheFlow

Banned
MHA will get a boost sure, but you are underestimating how popular Naruto was and One Piece is. I don't think MHA was even on the top 10.
I swore MHA was in the top 10 for sales. but we can take this to the manga thread to discuss.

I just started watching OPM after reading the majority of the manga. The fight scenes are pure bliss.

edit:also the Opening theme is on par with Gundam IBO.Sooo good

It... does make sense, assuming I'm reading it right (haven't taken a proper literature class since Junior English in highschool). The definition given there is that it's about a separation between words and meaning, yeah? And from there, a separation of thing and meaning. That the only meaning a thing has is by contrast with its opposite. "Existence" only means "existence" because it is contrasted with "nonexistence." And so on. And from there, if an opposite seems not to exist, it's because the term hasn't been made yet; if a deconstructive analysis finds a lack of meaning, it's because you aren't finished yet.

It's an extremely interesting concept, but fairly obviously not what I'm referring to, which is the more common version. Words mean lots of things :p

In the colloquial sense, Watchmen is a deconstruction. OPM is a parody deconstruction, though only a little bit.

I am gonna run the wiki version past a friend of mine who's studying literary analysis. Should make for an interesting discussion.

Something like that. Jacques Derrida is notoriously obtuse and hard to understand, which is why I wish people would use subversion instead, lol. Just a personal hangup

FoxSpirit

You want DECONSTRUCTION?
Watch Osomatsu-san episode 1. Not available on streaming though. Now that thing was an awesome look behind the curtains. Having watched anime so long, I laughed my ass off.

Yeah, it isn't quite there yet. But gosh, if it can continue on as it is now I definitely think it'll become a heavy hitter soon enough. Great writing, great art and a great cast.

You guys have almost sold me on MHA, we'll see if the anime does the rest of the job and if so hey I'll read it. As long as lead isn't a wimp who believes the power of friendship will solve everything

Sealed

Banned
You guys have almost sold me on MHA, we'll see if the anime does the rest of the job and if so hey I'll read it. As long as lead isn't a wimp who believes the power of friendship will solve everything

eeeeeeh it does have the friendship thing, but not nearly as heavily as other shonen do

it's pretty good, I'm excited for the anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom