• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

I really liked the part where Boros is going on an on about how badass his species is and Saitama is just like "shut the fuck up" and the music goes completely silent <3

I also really liked it when the OP song played during the second part of the fight. Inset songs in battles are always hype <3

The translation didn't quite highlight how little effort Saitama put into that fight, but the voice actors and animation team made up for it. With all of Boros' speed, Saitama was just casually stepping back and still keeping up:

It's funny how the reactions to that fight here mirror Boros'. So much excitement and fist pumping. Yet we're given a glimpse at Saitama probably at his most depressed and let down in the entire series.

The bit where Saitama was speed walking backwards nearly killed me. I dunno why but it was so telling of how that fight was going to go (if you didn't already know).

Lock Murata up in a dungeon and make him draw faster so they can animate it. I need more of this hot fire.

syhwbuz7jkdcb5nkzcbx.jpg

One change in the anime I really liked is removing all the dialogue from the moon sequence. The manga has Saitama thinking to himself a bit before he makes the jump back, but I thought the total silence of space was a better fit.

Yeah that was an improvement IMO

VariantX

It always takes me like an hour and a half to watch a single episode of one punch man because im always pausing and rewinding it just to rewatch a scene just so I can comprehend what the fuck awesome animation sequence I just watched.

Moaradin

It always takes me like an hour and a half to watch a single episode of one punch man because im always pausing and rewinding it just to rewatch a scene just so I can comprehend what the fuck awesome animation sequence I just watched.

I've seen every episode a few times lol. I imagine I'll go back to this last one a bunch. The wait is killing me lol. I can't watch til tonight :p

This sequence was amazing. Holy shit.

Yeah I tried screencapping some of the frames in some sections...but you would have to go frame by frame, lol

Phatmac

Wow, that fight was spectacular. Everything from animation to using the op was well done. I felt sad for Boros by the end there but at least he gave Saitama his hardest fight yet. The last half wasn't that great but we learned some stuff that won't be resolved in the anime for a long time. At least we had best girl Tatsumaki at the end beating up Genos. A great end to a great anime that showed us a hero just having fun.

This is the greatest anime I have ever seen. TTGL has been displaced

I felt for both Boros and Saitama. Boros is going all out and can't even get Saitama to sweat and Saitama is wondering if he'll ever be fulfilled in battle.

Dat foreshadowing with Amai Mask and Metal Knight though. Just how strong is Amai?

This is the greatest anime I have ever seen. TTGL has been displaced

I felt for both Boros and Saitama. Boros is going all out and can't even get Saitama to sweat and Saitama is wondering if he'll ever be fulfilled in battle.

Dat foreshadowing with Amai Mask and Metal Knight though. Just how strong is Amai?
Strong.

jett

D-Member
Man this episode overdelivered.

I'll miss OPM.

Until it comes back.

Hopefully soon.

And Saitama is pretty much the most OP character in all of fiction, isn't he.

Fireblend

Banned
I still think episode 9 was the best out of the bunch though. Mumen Rider's speech, that jerk criticizing all the heroes and Saitama sacrificing the fame he'd been seeking just so that the other heroes wouldn't lose theirs... I really hope we get more stuff like that in S2.

I really really want the soundtrack to come out so I can listen to that sad guitar version of Saitama's theme for eternity. So good.

That Amai Mask guy is pretty damn dumb. I might understand that he loathes heroes who fail to protect people, but uhm, he still couldn't adequately disarm the damn argument that everything went to shit before the heroes could even get involved. If he's so great he could've foreseen and told them. But he didn't, so why he's all stuck up if it's pretty damn genuinely not these present S Class heroes actual fault?

Moron.

I mean for all I know that isn't his real motivation and he just wanted to be a jerk, as it seems there's more to him. But if not, then boo this man, boo.

jett

D-Member
I still think episode 9 was the best out of the bunch though. Mumen Rider's speech, that jerk criticizing all the heroes and Saitama sacrificing the fame he'd been seeking just so that the other heroes wouldn't lose theirs... I really hope we get more stuff like that in S2.

I really really want the soundtrack to come out so I can listen to that sad guitar version of Saitama's theme for eternity. So good.

I liked the first half of the show better myself, it was just funnier to me.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Yep. That and the Boros death quote were my only issues with this episode. The translation for OPM was somewhat a disappointed in general, particularly with the Hero names. I was hoping they'd get the big lines in the anime right.

Well, we have to compare the Japanese in the manga to the Japanese in the anime because maybe they changed it when they adapted the series? The English translations may still be true to the source if the source is what's changing. I dunno, I can't speak/read Japanese.

VariantX

That Amai Mask guy is pretty damn dumb. I might understand that he loathes heroes who fail to protect people, but uhm, he still couldn't adequately disarm the damn argument that everything went to shit before the heroes could even get involved. If he's so great he could've foreseen and told them. But he didn't, so why he's all stuck up if it's pretty damn genuinely not these present S Class heroes actual fault?

Moron.

I mean for all I know that isn't his real motivation and he just wanted to be a jerk, as it seems there's more to him. But if not, then boo this man, boo.

Guess if Genos' guess is correct, Amai Mask probably has his head up his own ass because of some personal trauma that distorts his view of things. His view of what heroes are and what justice are pretty much delusional. The shit literally happened as they were gathering the S-class guys to even trying to comprehend the nature and form of the threat given from the prophecy, let alone begin to form a battleplan, yet he gave zero fucks.

Neoxon

Everyone asking about season 2 will be happy to know:

-More comedy.
-More characters.
-Better story.
-Even MORE epic fights.
Now I really hope we get a Season 2. Though with so many OVAs in the cards (or so I've heard), I'd be shocked if we didn't get a Season 2. If I recall, Black Lagoon also got a Season 2 & a 5-episode OVA.

Go_Ly_Dow

For anyone who's down about the showing being over (well for the next 1-2 years anyway) then how about you try something else which is highly regarded?

My recommendation is Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - TV Series

I would say that the show rivals OPM in terms of power level escalation and highly detailed fights. It offers a lot more than that as well!

Nightbird

For anyone who's down about the showing being over (well for the next 1-2 years anyway) then how about you try something else which is highly regarded?

I would say that the show rivals OPM in terms of power level escalation and highly detailed fights. It offers a lot more than that as well!

I SECOND THIS

The second half of Gurren Lagann is just as hype as the last few episodes of OPM!

While I personally prefer the movies, the TV show would probably be best to watch first since it goes much more into depth into characters/side stories.

Nightbird

While I personally prefer the movies, the TV show would probably be best to watch first since it goes much more into depth into characters/side stories.

The Movies are great to rewatch the Series due to the extra action scenes and the removed side stories.

They are confusing as fuck for a first time watcher.

LeonSPBR

GODDAMN THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!

Boros vs Saitama fight delivered!!!

Amazing Madhouse, just fucking AMAZING!!!!

Now the wait for season 2 begins, can't wait for Fubuki and King!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom