• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to post since it was the final ep well until season 2.
Madhouse did such a great job with the series .
From art , music , animation and everything else.
One of the best adaptations i have seen .

Parshias7

While Saitama is clearly OP in his own universe, he doesn't stack up too high in western comic book universes. Although we haven't really seen what Saitama going all-out looks like, so that could change.

I'd put Saitama somewhere around a full-power Hulk. He's faster than the Hulk, but doesn't have the healing factor. Very strong a durable, but couldn't hack it against western heroes like Superman or Flash, who can move around at light speed (or faster) and move planets and totally ridiculous shit like that.

While Saitama is clearly OP in his own universe, he doesn't stack up too high in western comic book universes. Although we haven't really seen what Saitama going all-out looks like, so that could change.

I'd put Saitama somewhere around a full-power Hulk. He's faster than the Hulk, but doesn't have the healing factor. Very strong a durable, but couldn't hack it against western heroes like Superman or Flash, who can move around at light speed (or faster) and move planets and totally ridiculous shit like that.
Anyone who has read up to ONE's version knows this is hilariously untrue.

Saitama is much, much faster than Superman and could easily hang with the Flash.

Edit:

Saitama vs discussions can't really take place because he has no known limit as of now

This. Within his powerset (durability, speed, strength) he has yet to be shown with a limit.

Parshias7

Anyone who has read up to ONE's version knows this is hilariously untrue.

Saitama is much, much faster than Superman and could easily hang with the Flash.

I have read ONE's version, and Saitama can't hang with the Flash. The Flash outran instantaneous teleportation.

Any translations of this image posted on One's twitter?

CWrjxJRUEAA04Jt.jpg

Silver Age Supes vs. Saitama is a fair fight, because Silver Age Supes is effectively a reality warper who gets powers as the plot demands.

Any other incarnation, Saitama does what he does. Because he's a gag character, you guys.

Superman0

Silver Age Supes vs. Saitama is a fair fight, because Silver Age Supes is effectively a reality warper who gets powers as the plot demands.

Any other incarnation, Saitama does what he does. Because he's a gag character, you guys.

Add Cosmic Armor Superman/Thought Robot to the list, he is basically plot armor personified.

Saitama jumped from the moon back to Earth in an instant. Light takes 7 minutes (I think?) to travel from the moon to Earth. That is MUCH faster than the speed of light.

Eh, is Saitama a gag character, though? His powers don't change for the plot or for the humor. Being practically invincible doesn't make him a gag character, does it? He's just super strong, fast and durable with no discernible limit. When I think of gag characters the Mask, Freakazoid and Bugs Bunny come to mind.

Unrelatedly, I really enjoyed Atomic's scenes:

tumblr_nzoa07r3341uzwbyjo1_500.gif

tumblr_nzoa07r3341uzwbyjo3_500.gif

tumblr_nzoa07r3341uzwbyjo4_500.gif

Consecutive Punch Man is over, RIP anime until JoJo comes out.

Saitama is a fucking gag character, stop putting him in versus fights, he wins no matter what.

Saitama jumped from the moon back to Earth in an instant. Light takes 7 minutes (I think?) to travel from the moon to Earth. That is MUCH faster than the speed of light.

Light takes 7 minutes to get from the sun to the Earth. The moon is on a 3 second delay, IIRC, so about 1.5 light seconds.

Eh, is Saitama a gag character, though? His powers don't change for the plot or for the humor. Being practically invincible doesn't make him a gag character, does it? He's just super strong, fast and durable with no discernible limit. When I think of gag characters the Mask, Freakazoid and Bugs Bunny come to mind.

Well, his "gag" is that he's OP as fuck. It's consistent, but still a gag.

God damn that was good.

This show just makes me incredibly happy.

Think I may jump on the manga.

AOTY.
As awesome as MadHouse's adaptation is, the manga is even better. I think you're in for a real treat.

And then once you catch up to that you can segue to ONE's version!

Sami+

For anyone who's down about the showing being over (well for the next 1-2 years anyway) then how about you try something else which is highly regarded?

My recommendation is Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - TV Series

I would say that the show rivals OPM in terms of power level escalation and highly detailed fights. It offers a lot more than that as well!

I don't really find them comparable in anything other than fight scene quality, honestly. The fights in TTGL are cool but eeehhh. It's otherwise a hella lot more typical shonen than OPM is. Extremely different humor.

Ruuppa

Genos trying to put Tornado in her place, and getting immediate retribution was amazing.

The adaptation continues to impress!

DominoKid

Unrelatedly, I really enjoyed Atomic's scenes:

tumblr_nzoa07r3341uzwbyjo1_500.gif

tumblr_nzoa07r3341uzwbyjo3_500.gif

tumblr_nzoa07r3341uzwbyjo4_500.gif

this was so dope. i wish Metal Bat would've had some cool scenes aside from meanmugging for the cameras.

Tunahead

Fictional hero vs battles are pointless, because the fictional heroes don't exist.

The people who make superhero comics are artists, and superhero comics are art, and you're trying to apply science to it.

"What about that time Superman flew into the sun? The sun is over 5,000 degrees Kelvin, and that's just the surface! I've run the numbers!" Well the person who wrote the story didn't run the numbers. There is no official Superman science facts spreadsheet that they all consult to make sure it checks out, because Superman is not an education tool for teaching people about the melting point of fictional aliens. It's a story about heroism triumphing against evil.

When two superheroes fight in a comic, the one who wins is the one who the writer likes more, and that is literally the only consideration they gave to that.

ant1532

Banned
when was the exact date for the announcement of this anime adaptation? just curious of the time length from announcement to release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom