• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely nothing. I wasn't disparaging those shows, I was just saying that it shows a distinct separation of taste in what types of shows people in these two threads enjoy.

Let me repeat that very clearly, because I don't think people got is; there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with either of those shows and I wasn't making a quality or judgement call. I was illustrating taste difference.

That's fair then.

Reset

I've never heard of Non Non Biyori until now and an image search makes it seem like something I wouldn't be into, but what's wrong with Shirobako?

I don't think he's saying there's anything wrong with it. Look at the second part of his post. He's just saying that people who don't really watch anime and just started to watch shows like AoT and OPM, wouldn't be to pleased with the recommendations that Anime Gaf will give. :C

FluxWaveZ

Absolutely nothing. I wasn't disparaging those shows, I was just saying that it shows a distinct separation of taste in what types of shows people in these two threads enjoy.

Let me repeat that very clearly, because I don't think people got is; there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with either of those shows and I wasn't making a quality or judgement call. I was illustrating taste difference.

But I like One Punch Man and I like Shirobako. I think assuming that people would reocmmend Shirobako for those looking for action show recommendations in the vein of OPM is a bit faulty.

I don't think he's saying there's anything wrong with it. Look at the second part of his post. He's just saying that people who don't really watch anime and just started to watch shows like AoT and OPM, wouldn't be to pleased with the recommendations that Anime Gaf will give. :C

Yeah, I get that now. I kinda understand that, but I think people in the community are knowledgeable enough to know good shows that one looking for recommendations could like.

Yeah, people don't usually recommend what they like while ignoring the preference of the people asking (except DTL)

If you asked for a rec for something similar to OPM you would probably get Gintama, Tiger and Bunny, TTGL and maybe Astro Fighter Sunred

Which again isn't a fair statement when we've had instances of people going in with little to no knowledge of anime and folks there take it into account. A guy says "i havent watched anime what good I like action" will get exactly what you expect recommended for them (Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, JoJo, even Attack on Titan and this show if they haven't watched them) because we understand what starter shows are. They aren't going to recommend something meant for someone more experienced.

So how much filler does the anime have ?

Considering how easy they could just pump out random "mysterious beings" and heroes, I'm expecting more than a few of them.

Love the manga story anyway.

Considering how easy they could just pump out random "mysterious beings" and heroes, I'm expecting more than a few of them.

Very, very little. They add a few scenes here and there.

The manga is the one that adds filler from the webcomic, oddly enough.

Dennis

Banned
This.....was....unreal.....just.....spectacular.....like....a....generation.....ahead....of....other......animes......

Two....Punch....Man.....

It's only 12 episodes. There're anime only scenes that slightly expand upon the story, but no filler to speak of.

Reset

Probably 10 minutes worth of filler. They only added two enemies which weren't in the manga/webcomic.

Reset

Talking about filler. Why didn't the green haired midget just summon a meteor and instead resorted to throwing rubbles against the ship.

Can someone make a gif of Hype man Saitama when Genos got all serious?

He went full on vice president mode it was glorious

WZT508a.gif

uZzuDnB.gif

fr0mVkL.gif

odhiex

Episode 12 made me wish for the season 2 come even sooner...early 2016, please. Otherwise it will be forgotten like AoT.

Episode 12 made me wish for the season 2 come sooner...early 2016, please. Otherwise it will be forgotten like AoT.
OnePunch is an awesome manga and webcomic and it had thralls of people excited for the anime when it was announced. Those versions are still awesome, still have a growing and enthusiastic fanbase and whenever S2 arrives I'm sure it'll be just as highly anticipated and well received. I'm not worried about anyone forgetting about OPM.

DominoKid

I've never heard of Non Non Biyori until now and an image search makes it seem like something I wouldn't be into, but what's wrong with Shirobako?

I wouldnt recommend Shirobako to someone that isnt already into anime. Think that theres a lot of stuff theyd be lost on.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I hope the next season is more about the drama within the hero society. They've already established that Saitama's basically invincible, so we don't need many more tensionless fights. I'm more interested in how the other characters will react to Saitama's power.

I hope the next season is more about the drama within the hero society. They've already established that Saitama's basically invincible, so we don't need many more tensionless fights. I'm more interested in how the other characters will react to Saitama's power.

The S Ranks get way more play in the upcoming arcs.

Honestly I'd be fine if they kept the song. Hell, the visuals too - it was all so good.

I don't think anyone would complain if they kept the songs, though it'd be cool to get some new visuals (keep star-bro shot though, the hero we all need).

I will admit it would be cool to see if JAM Project can top perfection ;D

Regiruler

I feel like every other hero in this series is filler. Some how opm is like bizzaro version of dbz where krillian is the hero of the show

Comparing Krillin and Saitama is an anime crime of the intergalactic level.

On the topic of episode 12: I don't really like the use of the "play the theme song as the battle music" cliche. It gives me bad memories of Tokyo Ghoul.

Zom

Banned
In terms of showcase I dont think
is there any more fights in the rest of the manga as flashy as the one with boros, sure the one with garou is going to be amazing , but is more like a fist/speed fight.

In terms of showcase I dont think
is there any more fights in the rest of the manga as flashy as the one with boros, sure the one with garou is going to be amazing , but is more like a fist/speed fight.

That hasn't even been drawn yet by Murata. You don't know what he will add.

Gotchaye

I watched this over the weekend. Really fun and funny show. It's much more interesting early on where it's just a series of incredible anticlimaxes than later with all the hero society stuff, but the show had to go somewhere. I don't know that I'm very interested in a second season given that, though. The parade of anime stereotypes is cute but it's getting played out by the end of the season, and the show should definitely not try to throw up something which actually threatens Saitama.

But the early stuff in particular is fantastic. I didn't find Saitama's own thing about wanting to find a challenge all that interesting, but his aesthetic and his overall attitude towards these anime types powering up and using their super moves and all that is just delightful.

Show's got a notable lack of female characters, and the one that does show up with any frequency is unfortunately anime in a way that isn't being played for laughs.

Considering the sheer love people are showing for OPM, asking for recommendations based on their love of it and having fallen out of anime only really having watched shows like an Attack on Titan or new Dragonball occasionally, I don't believe a general consensus by people whose legitimate Anime of the Year contenders are Shirobako or Non Non Biyori will send people out too happy.

Especially considering the decidedly different tone regarding OPM in this thread VS the General Anime thread. This isn't a slight or disparage against AnimeGAF, tastes are tastes.

There's not a single person in animegaf that would recommend Shirobako or Non Non Biyori to someone that only got back into anime via One Punch Man.

There's a lot of people in animegaf with a lot of different tastes. It's not a monolithic entity. There would most definitely be people there to give accurate recommendations based on the tastes of who is asking. There might also be a few that give shitty recommendations, but they would likely be pointed out.

You are right, in murata we trust
I don't think ONE is getting enough credit here. He has drawn some encounters post-Boros that Murata has yet to adapt that I think are just as amazing and will definitely lend to pretty hype moments in any season 2.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
IN

MADHOUSE

I

TRUST

1/PUNCH, IT DELIEVERED FROM BEGINNING TO END

Holy freaking shit, OP. Thank you for getting me into this show. I marathoned the whole season in one sitting. Some slight misteps in the middle episodes but overall this is a fantastic show. Dat animation during the final fight.

Holy freaking shit, OP. Thank you for getting me into this show. I marathoned the whole season in one sitting. Some slight misteps in the middle episodes but overall this is a fantastic show. Dat animation during the final fight.

Lol, the main reason I make OTs for series is so people do that. I really didn't expect this thread to be so popular.

Moaradin

People who are pretty new to anime and are watching this should definitely check out Space Dandy. It's from the same director and a lot of the same animators and it's fantastic. You'll definitely get a lot of the same animation bliss from that show.

The english dub is amazing too

Trickster

People who are pretty new to anime and are watching this should definitely check out Space Dandy. It's from the same director and a lot of the same animators and it's fantastic. You'll definitely get a lot of the same animation bliss from that show.

The english dub is amazing too

It's a very very, VERY different type of show though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom