• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

manfestival

People who are pretty new to anime and are watching this should definitely check out Space Dandy. It's from the same director and a lot of the same animators and it's fantastic. You'll definitely get a lot of the same animation bliss from that show.

The english dub is amazing too

I am disgusted by this recommendation. The shows are nothing alike.

Also we as americans must clap at every scene that is amazing for the finale. It is only right to serenade saitama with the sound of our clap.

Heroman

Banned
If you want the another GOAT shonen series than watch
Hunter1.jpg

I had lofty expectations for this episode, but somehow MADHOUSE exceeded all of them.

Fucking incredible. The animation blew my mind. Meteoric Burst holy shit.

They even managed to improve on the source material in parts. The fact that Boros and Saitama were kindred souls was emphasized fantastically.

For real though, the climax was bloody amazing. The music swells as Saitama finally goes on the offensive... but it's almost as if the music is meant for Boros instead. HE is the one finally living his dream. HE is experiencing what Saitama longs most for. HE is the hero fighting against impossible odds. The fire in his eyes. The very same beating of his heart. He pores all of that rekindled passion into one final attack.

Then the calm after. Both parties lie to themselves and to each other that the fight was fulfilling and worthwhile. But not for long. The reality sets in that it was never a fight at all. Boros dies with a bittersweet taste on his lips, and Saitama once again walks away from a fight unfulfilled, hopes dashed. But this time he walks away with the knowledge that, by extension, perhaps no one in the universe can offer what he wants.

It was surprisingly touching.

Alright, I'm done waxing poetic. But damn I really enjoyed that.

CWrsjuLU8AEreAq.jpg

Maedhros

You know just as much as we know. It's a plot like that'll be explored in the future.

The S Class heroes were fantastic this episode too. Of course, Boros's fight was the highlight.

It'll be difficult for another anime to top this battle. This anime, overall... it's simply too good. I don't even know if a future season two will be as good as this one if they don't get the same team there.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I'm guessing Metal Knight is the cyborg Genos was looking for in the beginning of the show. Sucks that it will probably be years before we see more of this. Show was amazing and I don't even really like anime.

Will re-watch the inevitable dub and buy the blu ray.

daydream

Banned
I watched this over the weekend. Really fun and funny show. It's much more interesting early on where it's just a series of incredible anticlimaxes than later with all the hero society stuff, but the show had to go somewhere. I don't know that I'm very interested in a second season given that, though. The parade of anime stereotypes is cute but it's getting played out by the end of the season, and the show should definitely not try to throw up something which actually threatens Saitama.

But the early stuff in particular is fantastic. I didn't find Saitama's own thing about wanting to find a challenge all that interesting, but his aesthetic and his overall attitude towards these anime types powering up and using their super moves and all that is just delightful.

Show's got a notable lack of female characters, and the one that does show up with any frequency is unfortunately anime in a way that isn't being played for laughs.

pretty much

show didn't have enough filler, is another way to put it. it could have done with more quiet character moments in the second half instead of relying on the routine mix of action and stereotypes

kNzyzfT.jpg

Ishikawa Kaito (Genos) and Furukawa Makoto (Saitama). If there's a S2 I really hope they get these two back, and as much as the original animation team as possible. I'm really impressed with Makoto's range with Saitama in particular. He nailed bored, comical, excited and serious Saitama so well it will be hard hearing anyone else in the role. Hopefully the dub gets a similarly talented VA.

I don't expect them to, without a reason. But a second season could happen any number of years down the line, and I'm hoping nothing prevents the original cast or team from coming back.

Still uncommon. Gintama has been going off and on for a decade plus with a huge cast and I don't think any VAs have changed. Even characters from DECADES back like Char Aznable or Goku retain the same VA (barring age changes in Char's case)

like how far ahead is the manga from where the anime ended?

The anime covered the first 7 volumes of the Murata manga/redrawn version. There're 10 volumes so far of the redrawn version. The original ONE webcomic is way ahead of where Murata is in the story. Madhouse seems to be going exclusively by Murata's designs so it's gonna take a while for a second season.

Man, NO ONE realized Saitama up there fighting? Really?

Ugh f****** hell really wanted Tornado to TRY using her psychic powers on Saitama, but goddamn Silverfang HAD to butt in!

9.5/10

YES

bail the fuck out at the end of Greed Island tho because ten eps into Chimera Ant you'll regret wasting your time

If you're talking about the episode I think you're talking about, then that's the dumbest reasoning ever to stop watching lmao. If anything, it should make you want to see what happens next.

Sami+

worst opinion ever

sry I just really cant get over how dumb this looks

BUT HEY EVERYTHING UP TO THAT IS SWAG AS HELL WOULD DEF RECOMMEND

MOTHERFUCKIN DODGEBALL YAH

edit - hot damn thats the most consecutive green boxes I've ever seen in my life

If you're talking about the episode I think you're talking about, then that's the dumbest reasoning ever to stop watching lmao. If anything, it should make you want to see what happens next.

I stopped when Bugs Bunny got really mad and learned nen

Sealed

Banned
sry I just really cant get over how dumb this looks

BUT HEY EVERYTHING UP TO THAT IS SWAG AS HELL WOULD DEF RECOMMEND

MOTHERFUCKIN DODGEBALL YAH

edit - hot damn thats the most consecutive green boxes I've ever seen in my life

i don't even understand what the problem is here

it's just so good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom