• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I just finished it. Really great. At first I didn't like the idea that there will be a second season and so on. I thought the whole concept of the show doesn't allow it. But now after the last episode I definitely want to see more.
However the show somehow lost it's humour. Episode 1 and 2 were the best. Just brilliant. However the best moment was when Saitama punched Sonic into his balls. I laughed so hard.

Ok I just finished it. Really great. At first I didn't like the idea that there will be a second season and so on. I thought the whole concept of the show doesn't allow it. But now after the last episode I definitely want to see more.
However the show somehow lost it's humour. Episode 1 and 2 were the best. Just brilliant. However the best moment was when Saitama punched Sonic into his balls. I laughed so hard.
I don't know man the Saitama reaction faces made my friends and I Crack up every single time. Them especially it was an absolute riot since they couldn't believe they'd draw the main character in such a simplistic style like 99% of the time.

I really love how the series warped up, I'm sure I'll enjoy a second series especially if they carry on the same level of animation, but I don't think it's really needed.

What I do want is to buy a bunch of OP merchandise, I would love Saitama hero suit as a Pajama.

Akiller

I really love how the series warped up, I'm sure I'll enjoy a second series especially if they carry on the same level of animation, but I don't think it's really needed.

What I do want is to buy a bunch of OP merchandise, I would love Saitama hero suit as a Pajama.

What about a
musou
game?

What about a
musou
game?

Oh, I really hate those(even though I have like all of the One Piece ones),I would like a classic 2D fighter, I think those are the perfect way to do a fan-service game.

Like just make the game as simplistic or complicated as you want and have some Iconic moves.

I would like a OPM game. One where you can kill every enemy with one punch. It would be ridiculous and senseless but it would reflect the series concept perfectly

So I'm watching Road to Hero right now. Why wasn't that Episode included in the other ones. I know it's kind of a prequel episode but still. Are there more episodes like that.

mE5ufEF.jpg

Doy. Now I feel a bit silly. I definitely remember reading that bit but never put it together.

When you think about it, boros actually had an extremely high chance of winning that fight. Had saitama missed the moon, he would float off into the infinite expanse of space forever, cold and alone for all eternity. Boros would have won. Actually the likelyhood of saitama hitting the moon in the first place was extremely low, considering how far away it is.

Although maybe saitama could just punch in the opposite direction and propel himself back to earth. Not sure how that works.

When you think about it, boros actually had an extremely high chance of winning that fight. Had saitama missed the moon, he would float off into the infinite expanse of space forever, cold and alone for all eternity. Boros would have won. Actually the likelyhood of saitama hitting the moon in the first place was extremely low, considering how far away it is.

Although maybe saitama could just punch in the opposite direction and propel himself back to earth. Not sure how that works.

He could take off one of his shoes and use it as a launching pad.

Saitama probably couldn't punch in the opposite direction to change his momentum, if you're assuming actual physics, because he'd have to have something to punch (vacuum = almost nothing).

He could however toss his shoe or any removable clothing in the opposite direction to get the same effect though.

Actual answer though: If saitama hadn't been going to hit the moon he would have avoided or blocked the attack instead.

Saitama would just do stupid shit like The Hulk to get out of being stuck in space, like when Hulk gets so angry he bends time and space around him.

Ain't no Cars fate for them

Log4Girlz

What are the odds that Boros knocked him into the moon? Sure, perhaps he wanted to show off by hitting that target, but honestly he was probably not aiming. Saitama knows his limitations, he used his punches against the earth's atmosphere to direct himself to the moon to stop his travel. :D

Qvoth

guess i'll just watch iron blooded orphans and then back to quitting anime until OPM season 2 then
_:)/」 ∠)_

guess i'll just watch iron blooded orphans and then back to quitting anime until OPM season 2 then
_:)/」 ∠)_
There's other shows worth watching. Just not in the same vein as one punch man. If you want action shows again, there's likely something that already aired you could enjoy.

Is Mob Psycho also a comedy? I've read the synopsis and it sounds interesting, but i wonder if the tone is similar to OPM. I've noticed fans saying that it's even better than OPM. Anyone care to elaborate, is is better written, funnier, both?

By the way, i like that the acronym for One Punch Man also works as a descriptor of his strength relative to others, as in, this Man is totally OP, hence OP-Man. :)

Oh it's gonna get a bones ending arc.

You can bet jurassic.

What does that mean? I've watched a few Bones shows in my time, but i'm not aware of any trends in this regard. Does it have something to do with lots of filler or recap episodes towards the end, like in Wolf's Rain?

Is Mob Psycho also a comedy? I've read the synopsis and it sounds interesting, but i wonder if the tone is similar to OPM. I've noticed fans saying that it's even better than OPM. Anyone care to elaborate, is is better written, funnier, both?

By the way, i like that the acronym for One Punch Man also works as a descriptor of his strength relative to others, as in, this Man is totally OP, hence OP-Man. :)

What does that mean? I've watched a few Bones shows in my time, but i'm not aware of any trends in this regard. Does it have something to do with lots of filler or recap episodes towards the end, like in Wolf's Rain?
We're kidding around how many bones show love to go for an Anime original ending.

squall23

So I'm watching Road to Hero right now. Why wasn't that Episode included in the other ones. I know it's kind of a prequel episode but still. Are there more episodes like that.
Because just like the manga, it's considered a sidestory.
I would like a OPM game. One where you can kill every enemy with one punch. It would be ridiculous and senseless but it would reflect the series concept perfectly
I still like my idea where you play as Genos in a DMC-type game. Once you fill up a bar, Genos instantly jobs to whoever he was last fighting including grunts using a cutscene and Saitama arrives.

Qurupeke

It's very similar. It's comedic, with a few more serious notes here and there. The character is overpowered, but not like Saitama. Basically, he doesn't want to use his power and he'll try to talk with his opponents. There are characters that are actually as strong or even stronger than him. It's certainly funny in its own way and it doesn't reuse the same joke as much as OPM. It's certainly better written and it actually has some positive messages to pass. If the adaption is good, we'll see some amazing scenes too.

We're kidding around how many bones show love to go for an Anime original ending.

Ah, ok. Any examples of their shows that did this?

It's very similar. It's comedic, with a few more serious notes here and there. The character is overpowered, but not like Saitama. Basically, he doesn't want to use his power and he'll try to talk with his opponents. There are characters that are actually as strong or even stronger than him. It's certainly funny in its own way and it doesn't reuse the same joke as much as OPM. It's certainly better written and it actually has some positive messages to pass. If the adaption is good, we'll see some amazing scenes too.

Sounds good, thanks.

I'd say if you don't find anything to like after 3 episodes, then it's unlikely you'll change your mind further in. While the first one had me mildly interested, the second one absolutely killed me (most notably the Ground Dragon bit, still a series highlight for me), and the third one permanently cemented it as a show that's right up my alley. A few of the latter episodes weren't quite as good, but overall i still think the series is awesome and hilarious.

I agree overall in regards to the bolded. While the later elements do add additional heroes and progressively increase the power of the villains, the core of the humour remains somewhat constant. The humour of those initial episodes does an excellent job of representing the humour of the season as a whole, the designs early on are as creative as anywhere else in the series, and Saitama's position is pretty well-established and the conundrum he believes he's in is made quite-clear (the later episodes do this position by introducing the idea that he's just so ridiculously powerful, and ends fights so swiftly, that nobody knows who he is or people assume somebody else are responsible for his achievements, but overall it's still something that isn't going to radically alter your opinion on the series). The only real thing that I could see altering somebody's opinion on the show after those three initial episodes are the Hero Academy, but I don't really know if it would be enough to alter one's level of interest.

Anyway, I've just finished the series. I've watched very few anime overall (Monster and this the only ones I've managed to make it through in their entirety), but found this to be quite incredible. I thought it was a very clever and unique concept, with an excellent sense of humour, and an interesting setting. The art-style, which I'd thought was very off-putting and appeared to be quite ugly prior to watching the show, lent itself well to what the show explored while adding quite a bit to the humour. Overall I really enjoyed it, and I can't wait for the second season (in however many months).

no, i mean the anime that is going to replace OPM in the timeslot

The Muv-Luv spinoff Schwarzesmarken will be airing in the 1:05 AM Monday timeslot on TV Tokyo starting on January 10, but I don't think it'll appeal to too many people here. If you want flashy action, you should look at Dimension W.

Ah. Well there's anichart but FYI not even AnimeGAF is really excited for the next season.

Speak for yourself.

Jintor

Ah, ok. Any examples of their shows that did this?

The first full metal alchemist and soul eater sitting immediately to mind

Soul eater is a fucking tragedy since the only arc they didn't animate was the last one and there's no way they'll ever go back and do it. They were doing such a good job too until they started to back into their anime original bullshit

Rotnems

Neo Member
I'm going to wear the Saitama Oppai Shirt(TM). I hope someone will look at my shirt, this way I'll get to make lots of epic bros and maybe a gamer girlfriend?

wwm0nkey

I'm going to wear the Saitama Oppai Shirt(TM). I hope someone will look at my shirt, this way I'll get to make lots of epic bros and maybe a gamer girlfriend?
I mean it'll help you meet people with similar interests sure I guess lol

ok so in one of the episodes saitama told genos that humans cant fly

but im pretty sure i saw saitama flying

???
He just jumps far lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom