• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could take a fucking break and not let the quality of their brand suffer but I guess that's just too much to ask of Japanese animation studios that aren't Bones or MADHOUSE.

The same studio that had the 100 filler hell before the timeskip. I wonder what's the actual filler to canon episode ratio of that whole series.

Back to OPM. I really feel for Boros, but one hell of an exit for him.

People feeling bad for him need to remember that he went destroying planet after planet because he was bored. Saitama is bored as fuck too but at least he's doing good.

I'm going to need a scene by scene (or even frame by frame) breakdown, because outside a few moments that line up well and just the overall tone of an overpowered guy finally getting a challenge, I'm not seeing it.

I wish I would have read this comment before trying so hard to see the parallels

First OVA is out, super underwhelming.

For an episode about Genos stalking Saitama to figure out his strength it could have been more then nothing? The best part was the ED. There are 6 of these, so hopefully they get better.

Finally got around to watching it. Amazing, just amazing.

That's another win for Madhouse. They truly are the GOAT when it comes to the animation in Anime delivered for the budget they have.

Zolo

Remember when Saitama forgot to take into account that kicking that giant dude would lead to a large number of people dying from the fall?

Chariot

Remember when Saitama forgot to take into account that kicking that giant dude would lead to a large number of people dying from the fall?
That was bad, but he didn't do that with malice. The same for the meteor. I also think, he couldn't have solved the situations better. For the meteor at least Tatsu would've been a way better fit.

Zolo

Nah. I know. Boros is an awful person. It's just an indication of offscreen deaths being played for laughs due to being a gag comic.

LNBL

tumblr_nye0aadIkg1qcdo0po1_400.gif

Love this show

Red Hood

Banned
I've heard of this One Punch Man for a while now, mostly from 9GAG and Reddit, but they have had rather shit taste in my experience, so I didn't listen. But my brother has been raving about this for a week, so I decided to give it a chance.

And I'm pleasantly surprised. It's good. I haven't watched anime series (not counting films) since Dragon Ball Z. As a whole though, the premise is pretty dumb. I mean, not only is Saitama basically invulnerable against anyone and anything, but he can also (unsurprisingly) punch any one in a single hit, so it rarely gets exciting or anything. But surely this isn't praised for its story or whatever. Instead it's funny, lots of humour and wacky characters, and the fights are usually visually striking and adrenaline rushed. The last one of the season was a cherry on top.

When is season 2 scheduled?

Zolo

Not enough manga content to do a second season, yet.

So not in the works.

Yep. I know there was a tweet about seeing One Punch again next year by Murata I believe, but there's no way to get through that much content in the year unless they want to do half the arc with the 12 episodes. Maybe the year after would be enough.

Yonafunu

I've heard of this One Punch Man for a while now, mostly from 9GAG and Reddit, but they have had rather shit taste in my experience, so I didn't listen. But my brother has been raving about this for a week, so I decided to give it a chance.

And I'm pleasantly surprised. It's good. I haven't watched anime series (not counting films) since Dragon Ball Z. As a whole though, the premise is pretty dumb. I mean, not only is Saitama basically invulnerable against anyone and anything, but he can also (unsurprisingly) punch any one in a single hit, so it rarely gets exciting or anything. But surely this isn't praised for its story or whatever. Instead it's funny, lots of humour and wacky characters, and the fights are usually visually striking and adrenaline rushed. The last one of the season was a cherry on top.

When is season 2 scheduled?

It's not.

DonMigs85

What I'd be interested in seeing is the various villains matched up against each other - like Beast King vs Sea King or Kombu Infinity vs the psychic octopus guy

Man, I wish we would've had more Speed-o'-Sound Sonic in the anime. I love that guy.

I guess it's time to switch over to the manga and webcomic!

I haven't watched animu since I was a teenager, but OPM caught my eye for some reason. I'm home sick so I binge watched the whole season today. I really enjoyed it. I laughed out loud at least once an episode.

K.Sabot

So I watched the show today, love how the gravitas and music swells were mostly for the enemies that were powering up to fight Saitama. Like, all the enemies were the shounen heroes of their own episodes trying to take on the impossible raid boss that is OPM.

Nightbird

Even if it'll be a little over a year before Season 2 it would still be 2017, wich, to me at least, seems like the year we will definitely get a second season.

dabig2

I would totally go full on Frieza/Boros. I am not a bad person but boredom surely can become tiresome.

nah fuck that. i'd be carl sagan up in this bitch if i didn't have to worry about a bunch of fucking betas testing my power. create instead of destroy. Also tournaments. mucho tournamentos.

Zukuu

Banned
So went through the whole season 1 in two days. Was entertaining, but I think it was a mistake to introduce the hero society bla so late. Overall I liked it, but it's not the holy grail or anything. Still a 8/10, which is pretty high on my standards. Tiger & Bunny is imo still better (9/10).

So went through the whole season 1 in two days. Was entertaining, but I think it was a mistake to introduce the hero society bla so late. Overall I liked it, but it's not the holy grail or anything. Still a 8/10, which is pretty high on my standards. Tiger & Bunny is imo still better (9/10).
Tried to rewatch that recently and it just didn't do it for me. The arcs aren't that strong, many of the heroes aren't all that interesting, and Tiger suffers from the same issue as Saitama of not being taken seriously and having a shitty life, the difference is that he actually is not that great and gets outshined. At least he's likable. Maybe I'll rewatch it again without friends to see if they colored my opinion.

After seeing the hype and memes everywhere I decided to give this a go. Watched 3 episodes and.... it was very boring (imo).

Does the show gets better ? Do I have to watch till a certain episode ?

Help me understand and like the show :(

Zukuu

Banned
After seeing the hype and memes everywhere I decided to give this a go. Watched 3 episodes and.... it was very boring (imo).

Yes it does. Like I just wrote, I found the beginning not too hot either.

It does get better but seriously people stop watching shows you aren't enjoying because they're popular. You clearly want something else out of the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom