• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
House of Evolution was always a great arc. Genos is so awesome. Still mad he isnt the lead character and saitama his sidekick as Genos is so perfect for this. All his blasts looked so stunning and his lines to.

The song during the big fight scene made it so epic.

Speed o sound sonic next week finally.

Just watched the first three episodes on Hulu Plus.

The beginning of Episode 3 flashback, with the interjection "You're still just trying to sound cool." had me dying. The show just brutally deconstructed the 'dramatic backstory told in detail' thing in every Shonen ever haha.

Show is overall funny as hell, but I wonder how long it can run with this premise.

Kreed

Just watched the first three episodes on Hulu Plus.

The beginning of Episode 3 flashback, with the interjection "You're still just trying to sound cool." had me dying. The show just brutally deconstructed the 'dramatic backstory told in detail' thing in every Shonen ever haha.

Show is overall funny as hell, but I wonder how long it can run with this premise.

As the series goes on the supporting cast begins to take more of a focus over Saitama, which leads to much more interesting fights and stories outside of Saitama's "battles".

As the series goes on the supporting cast begins to take more of a focus over Saitama, which leads to much more interesting fights and stories outside of Saitama's "battles".

which is necessary imho, considering that whenever Saitama fights shit ends way too fast. He's basically there for the comedy and to finish off creatures once everybody gets knacked the fuck out.

weshes195

So watched the episode. LOVED IT. My goodness, the animation with the fight! AGGGGH! Soooooo good!

TINY nitpick. A character's name got changed. Don't know why, but like I said very tiny nitpick.

sonicmj1

Who is Kabuto's voice actor? He sounds so familiar.

Unsho Ishizuka, who you might know as Jet Black in Cowboy Bebop, or more recently, as Dr. Gel in Space Dandy and Joseph Joestar in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders.

Great episode as usual. The fight animation remains absolutely fantastic.

Tacitus_

Unsho Ishizuka, who you might know as Jet Black in Cowboy Bebop, or more recently, as Dr. Gel in Space Dandy and Joseph Joestar in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders.

Great episode as usual. The fight animation remains absolutely fantastic.

Ha, no wonder he sounded familiar.

Siegcram

Palette swaps, Genos afro and Joseph voicing Kabuto. This shit is the best.

I don't get the name change either, especially since they referenced the disaster levels already, but oh well.

Next week needs to come
speed of sound sonic
fast.

Rocky85

Banned
His reveal in the manga was hilarious but the anime took it to a whole other level. I havent laughed that hard at a show in a long time.

Ushay

Shit these comments are making is hard to resist watching it, I want to wait for all 13 episodes to release before diving in.

So what's the verdict does it do justice to the manga?

Shit these comments are making is hard to resist watching it, I want to wait for all 13 episodes to release before diving in.

Art's great.

Animation's great.

Pacing's great.

Some jokes are even funnier than they were presented in the manga.

Justice was served on a diamond crested gold platter if you ask me.

Raxus

Oh man the supermarket joke is fantastic animated.

BTW there is a scene animated panel by panel in the manga coming up. I hope they don't disappoint.

Qurupeke

How amazing! I have a soft spot for House of Evolution, as it was the reason I loved OPM, but the adaption was really top notch. Everything was impressive. The battle with Asura Kabuto and the Saitama's revelation were just too good. Everything seemed so serious but it was nothing for Saitama. The best thing about Genos is that he makes every opponent look powerful and then they get one punched. I love it.

Nocebo

I felt the comedic timing was a bit off in the first 2 episodes but the 3rd one it got better. I wonder how far they will get in the next episode. There are some great and funny moments coming up... but that's true for basically a long time as long as the anime doesn't add it's own filler material on top of the manga's remake's filler.

JDSN

Banned
I realized halfway through the fight what was Saitama talking about and I died many times. The Gorila's voice is perfect.

The Cyborg taking traits from Saitama while being a generic strong silent type its already a fantastic gag.

I remember a year ago everyone joked that OPM would be the first manga with better animation than the eventual anime adaptation. I don't think anyone believed any studio would do the source material justice on account of how amazing both ONE's writing and Murata's art is. Madhouse just stepped up and one punched those predictions into oblivion. Not only is the anime as beautiful as Murata's version but it manages to be as hilarious as ONE's as well.

Ep3 has so many funny moments. Saitama's transitions between his various faces remains a high point from me.

jwhit28

I knew nothing about this or the manga before accidentally clicking on it on Hulu yesterday, but it's the show I'm most excited for every week now. The fight song reminds me of Ultimate Warriors theme music.

Phatmac

Yup this show continues to be amazing. Saitama's jokey lines are great like the modern art one and him missing the shopping sale. The famous how he became a hero scene was delivered perfectly bravo Madhouse. Great action that continues to hold up as well. So good.
MBrJjAo.png

Ryne

Such a beautiful episode, loved it and it was funny too.

Even after reading the manga from when it was first translated I love this anime. It's so great.

Hahaha I thought that he was gonna say the "secret technique" was to fap hard. I don't buy his explanation, I think in between his training and going bald he ate something or whatever to get his power, the old school way. I hope the genius guy comes back somehow. Super funny episode, I'm increasing my score!

NEO0MJ

Episode was great. I was waiting for Saitama to get his breakdown as soon as it dawned to him that he seemed to have gotten the day wrong.

This Gorilla is my spirit animal. I just want to hang out with him as he says "I'm sorry"

Gorilla is cool. I hope he comes back in the future.

My biggest complaint with the show continues to be having no idea what to write about it aside from "It's awesome. Go watch it."

That's not bad. I love Gintama but there are some episodes I just have nothing to comment on. Same with shows like Non Non Biyori where there aren't really plot developments, it's just more of what I liked before and that's good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom