• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totakeke

First two episodes were great, third episode's comedic moments felt off. Maybe it was already because I read the manga, but I felt the comedic timing and delivery was poor in most cases. Absolutely no complaints about the animation however.

duckroll

Episode 3

Goddamn, Kameda brought the goods. When he decides to fully employ it, his brushwork animation style is really distinctive. Glad to see him put it to good use as the action animation director this week. This show is fucking entertaining.

Qvoth

man the animation is so good
i'm gonna assume boros arc will be the final arc of season 1, i'm already salivating at that fight
p0QHO.gif

TheOGB

Banned
This show is a treat. This series is a treasure.

Wait, wasn't Joseph Joestar Unsho Ishizuka also the voice of the lion from ep2?

Tizoc

Oddly enough I kept thinking Saitama's hero suit is based on Anpanman's, except that Anpanman's suit is RED, and Saitama's is Yellow. The simplicity of its design though really made me think of Anpanman however :p

Oddly enough I kept thinking Saitama's hero suit is based on Anpanman's, except that Anpanman's suit is RED, and Saitama's is Yellow. The simplicity of its design though really made me think of Anpanman however :p

You aren't wrong, One Punch Man (Wan Pan Man) is a joke on Anpanman.

Maedhros

It's great that this show will have only 12 episodes. Maybe the animation will stay consistent this way.

So far, it looks amazing! One of the best shows I've watched this year.

Not

Banned
Oh god I forgot all about the supermarket sale fakeout and his face when he's punching Asura Kabuto to smithereens

tumblr_nwh83fHuIk1srovwqo8_1280.png

so so so so goddamn good

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Now I'm fairly convinced this manga/anime is about my life. Down to some of the craziest details it's almost freakish. Still top notch quality and loving the animation. Every episode is dope, especially the latest one lol.

ChryZ

Knowing the key moments from the manga and seeing them nail every fucking one of them is like a rolling nerdgasm in my head. I have the biggest, stupidest grin on my face while watching the anime.

I saw someone say that Saitama was based off of Caillou.

Had me crying

Damn it, i was scrolling from bottom to top and only chuckled at the Caillou/Saitama picture, but your post just had the same effect on me, just imagining it had me crying and gasping for air out of laughter for a couple of minutes. XD

Great show so far, haven't laughed this much watching an animation in quite some time.

Tsunamo

Finally caught up the manga after getting tired of waiting weekly after episode 3. (still got plenty of the webcomic to go even having read that!) Man I can not wait to see Madhouse adapt those arcs artwork into animation, it's gonna be amazing. Manga spoilers: (hope that's fairgame even though it's from the manga in the TV thread)
The seaking arc in particular was my favorite in terms of artwork, so many fantastic drawings in it
First two episodes were great, third episode's comedic moments felt off. Maybe it was already because I read the manga, but I felt the comedic timing and delivery was poor in most cases. Absolutely no complaints about the animation however.
Nah I felt the same, and I hadn't read the manga up to that point when I saw the episode. Glad it wasn't just me that felt that way, the jokes themselves were funny to me, the timing just felt a little off/weird to me.

Knowing the key moments from the manga and seeing them nail every fucking one of them is like a rolling nerdgasm in my head. I have the biggest, stupidest grin on my face while watching the anime.

No fucking kidding. It's blowing my expectations out of the water.

Nocebo

I shocked at how well animated the fight with carnage kabuto was, I thought for sure they would just have saitama insta - kill him immediately and be done with it.

I'm glad the show doesn't take itself ultra seriously like 90% of anime because it makes it easy to recommend to friends.
They're using their budget well I think. I feel they do cut corners here and there, like with the backgrounds, but it's not too bad.

Just watched the first 3 episodes and man, they really nailed this adaptation. I love the Murata's manga version so I can't wait to see the rest.

Why do they need to put a lot of budget into animation during anything BUT fight scenes? The comedy is largely based on delivery.

In that sense, yeah animate the fights well but the fights are comedic. When Saitama one punches the guys in the first episode it's made funnier because it looks good, instead of being a still framed TEAM ROCKET'S BLASTING OFF AGAIN type moment.

Moaradin

They should put everything into the fight scenes, because that's how the manga is. It's funny when Saitama goes from his shitty looking bored face to this super detailed badass drawings in the next page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom