• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to see more people appreciating the artistry of ONE~

now if you do like OPM go read Mob Psycho 100

that's not really true though.
Saitama used at least one "super move serious series" against him. which means that in a way he was ''serious'' and he did put more effort into fighting him than any other fight. now how serious he actually was and how much % of his power used we have no idea.
plus that's easily the best arc, season 3 - 2022 hype
I know it's the anime OT and we shouldn't discuss about the manga/comic etc., I'm sorry. :^

It was just the table flip, he wasn't trying to kill him with that move, just disorient him. So he flipped him and a whole city block upside down. He also did the headbutt, but it still wasn't aimed to kill, just destroy his attack.

Where did you read that Murata is the one adding things and making changes to the story? I would assume ONE is still in charge of the story and storyboarding.
Didn't Murata comment on why he rewrote/redrew several of the manga adaption chapters and the filler arc intro? Either way, the original web comic and Murata's version aren't perfectly identical any more.
Garou and Saitama's first encounter has changed, for instance.

Agreed.

Also he slowly accelerated his speed of enunciation, which was excellent. I was watching it with a friend and we both turned to each other at the same time like, "Is he...?" And yeah he was. It was good, very good.
The music also sped up, which I didn't catch at first. It was a hilarious scene and an instance where I think the anime did it better. With the manga I just blitzed through the monologue, but in the anime I felt myself mirroring Saitama's exasperation. His reaction faces were hilarious.

Finalow

didn't even know about the bonus stuff or the 10min OVA; guess I'll buy the BD.

It was just the table flip, he wasn't trying to kill him with that move, just disorient him. So he flipped him and a whole city block upside down. He also did the headbutt, but it still wasn't aimed to kill, just destroy his attack.
true but the point was that he never got as serious as in that fight before.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Can we seriously please stop with the manga spoilers talk? It's the Stardust Crusaders OT all over again.

Russ T

Banned
Can we seriously please stop with the manga spoilers talk? It's the Stardust Crusaders OT all over again.

I'm gonna have to agree! At the very least, clearly mark it like MANGA SPOILER OKAY in front of every spoiler tag.

Thanks, friends. :D

Hypron

Why? Don't click anything that's spoilered, it's simple.

Because it's annoying to open a thread and see that half of the page is covered in big white boxes. And then you always have people that reply to spoiler tagged posts without using spoiler tags themselves. It excludes people that don't want to spoil themselves from the conversation.

I've read the (Murata version) of the manga but it's good to be considerate to others.

zeemumu

How big is their budget for this show? The animation on some of these fights is great. Can't wait for my favorite fight.

Zetta

Wow I just realized after watching the opening a couple of times that the monster power levels are right in the beginning. Tiger, Demon, Dragon and God disaster levels right from the damn get go, so goooood.

How big is their budget for this show? The animation on some of these fights is great. Can't wait for my favorite fight.

Madhouse is pretty good at keeping a consistent production schedule so that probably helps with how good the animation looks.

Wow I just realized after watching the opening a couple of times that the monster power levels are right in the beginning. Tiger, Demon, Dragon and God disaster levels right from the damn get go, so goooood.

Good catch!

I've been wondering why there was a tiger in the opening, never made the connection until this post.

Aikidoka

didn't even know about the bonus stuff or the 10min OVA; guess I'll buy the BD.

true but the point was that he never got as serious as in that fight before.

No, that's not really right.

Edit: got rid of spoiler after reading the above. There should be a thread to discuss the manga though.

Well, probably not reading this thread since half the discussion seems to be about the manga which I haven't read, not the anime

Yeah guys, c'mon. There isn't that much to spoil manga wise but at this rate it will just turn out like the HxH and Stardust Crusaders threads where during the week's downtime most of the conversation will be about the manga.

Tecl0n

Huh. i thought it was chinese mythology. Cool.

Finalow

to be fair it was like 1 page of manga discussion which I brought up earlier and then exchanged literally 2 posts about it, it wasn't pages full of black lines. (and some people used spoiler tags for things which aren't actually spoilers, go figure)
still, my bad, I won't mention it again here.

No, that's not really right.

Edit: got rid of spoiler after reading the above. There should be a thread to discuss the manga though.
yeah, you/someone should open a thread. then I'd like to read how's that not really right

There are open spoilers in this thread already, I don't even want to quote them because that would draw attention. Manga readers, please, please, stop posting spoilers. You may not consider it a spoiler, or you may think it is something that could be guessed easily, but it is still a spoiler, and you wouldn't know for sure if you hadn't already read it.

How did I not notice this?! Nice catch, Zetta.

Also, yeah, I'll refrain from any manga talk henceforth. But damn are you anime only watchers in for a treat assuming the quality holds.

Heroman

Banned
Anime viewers go read the web comic than the manga if you can, it is a treat seeing ones shity art than murate beautiful art and then seeing it animated is amazing.

Hypron

Then switch to light theme!

Me after switching to light theme:

3827954-2961100949-a9917.jpg

No thanks, I'll stick to Dark NeoGAF :p

Jesus Christ guys this nudge nudge wink wink is getting as bad as with aSoIaF readers. Anime only viewers get it no need to go "ooh eeh Rick you don't know how good it's going to get oh boy ooh eeh"

Mupod

When this was announced I was fully expecting it to be the first anime with worse animation than its manga counterpart. I can't say enough how happy I was to be wrong.

Keep watching that OP too. ONE PAAAAAAAAAANCH

G-Bus

Banned
Love how I marathoned the manga and caught up a few weeks ago and now I get to go through it all again, animated.

So stoked about the quality. Really hope they don't leave anything out.

Not

Banned
Just finished episode 2! Finally.

Found the manga last year. I'm so, so happy it got the anime it deserves.

Not

Banned

Ohhh whoa, holy shit , that's what that meant. Duh

convo

Problem is that this anime has nothing really to discuss besides the animation is fucking awesome.

It is mostly a gag manga right now. There wasn't that much to say whenever a new season of Ippo came along, we were mostly giddy with excitement how great the next episode is going to be.

Draxal

It's a gag Manga and plots will eventually start but yeah if you're not in it for the fights and humor there's little else.

I mean yeah, I was talking about the manga arcs earlier, both the print and web version, but since that's frowned upon, there's really no meat to this threat.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Heads up, Episode 3 is up on Hulu. Earlier than I expected. Jumping into it now.

so I've read the manga up to current, and read ONE's comic up to the end of the
Monster Association
arc, and just watched the first two episodes of the anime.

HOLY SHIT the animation is the best i've seen in a while, Madhouse is doing fucking work. Definitely my favorite studio with this and Hunter x Hunter. I'm eagerly awaiting more, and will probably join the discussion.

Saitama is one of my favorite protags ever too. He's hilarious.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Episode 3: Still on a streak of great episodes. I love how this show plays with your typical Shonen tropes. Saitama's internal monologue and revelation killed me.

I also like how the Next Episode preview is narrated by the monster that was killed this week.

Hilarious episode. I love how Madhouse is even going farther with Saitama's goofy faces than Murata did in the manga adaptation.

Sayad

So good. And the scene up at his apartment where he was trying to swat one unsuccessfully was amazing LOL.
I didn't like that scene, a certain episode from some American drama scared me for life, I'll never be able to enjoy a similar scene again. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom